Torn between two Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I won't... I'll just hurt the guards." She said with a teasing smile as she showed Valen a brief wink before she looked forward as they walked. She yawned as evening came closer after they had been walking for a while and her body felt heavy due to having used a magic arte when her body was not used nor actually built, to handle magic. She rubbed her forehead and she staggered a bit as she walked, she squeezed Valen's hand slightly in order to keep her balance.

"Are you going to be okay?" He asked as he stepped with her. Perhaps she was injured from using magic earlier. He held her hand and prepared to catch her if she was going to fall. "Perhaps we should stop and rest for the night." He proposed and he really wasn't going to take no for an answer. She needed to rest no matter how much she wouldn't like to admit it.

"Y-yeah, I'll be fine." She stuttered as she swallowed once. "I'm just feeling a bit... dizzy." She said and she leaned slightly against Valen for support as she brushed some hair from her face. "I... guess we'll do so, yes." She then said with a brief chuckle and as they came to a spot that seemed relatively safe, she sat down and leaned back against a tree as she took heavier breathes and she was sweating. "I guess it's because the human bodies are not built to use magic."

"nobody's body is built for magic only a handful of elves had real power to wield magic but they were are massacred in your King's genocide long ago. Driven into extinction by mad men." He looked at the grass his hatred towards humans resurfacing after he remembered the tale. This was what his father warned him about. Humans were reckless and dangerous. He hadn't been with her more than a few days and they'd been attacked twice and a dear friend of his was already dead. What could he exactly feel? He just stopped himself and thought of how good she had been to him as well. He put the hate off his mind and simply sighed.

"Your kind have suffered so much because of us humans... why don't you hate me?" She asked as she looked up at Valen and she then turned away her gaze while she clenched her hands on her lap. "Humans are despicable creatures... kill for greed or for amusement without regard of who it might hurt and we wage pointless wars that bring nothing but misery... we're a pathetic bunch, huh?" She asked as she showed a brief and sad smile as she looked at the ground, a sense of guilt even being seen on her expression, even if she had nothing to feel guilty about as she hadn't harmed anyone without it being in self defense.

"We all have the potential to do great evil I do not blame humans as individuals. You're a great person and if I treated ever human like my father did you would've been dead at the forest but where were you going that day?" He had wondered but just never asked then it slipped his mind and he wanted an answer before it slipped his mind again.

Ailina smiled briefly. "I don't really know, I guess I wanted to find out if there were any elves there and possibly to escape the world of humans... all the corruption and deceit..."

"Elves have their own corruption and deceit. A world isn't simply built without a strong foundation of lies." He said as he looked into the sky and closed his eyes to take in a deep breath. "I know what my heart says and my mind. Sadly they both agree the lies are a evil that shall remain for eternity no matter who it is that inhabits this world."

"If there was no evil.. how would we be able to know what is good?" She asked while smiling gently as she looked at Valen and she tried to place her hand against his cheek to turn his head towards her before she'd lean in to softly kiss his lips.

He enjoyed the kiss it was soft, sweet, and just enjoyable. He smiled as they kissed and slightly closed his eyes to enjoy the moment. It was fantastic and amazing and yet he couldn't really come to terms with something inside him. It was all strange. Meeting her just when he wanted to run away, and now this? He was kissing a girl he'd only met a few days ago. It was strange that he seemed to met not just a human, but a human that seemed so, perfect.

She pulled back slightly after a while and she brushed her fingers across Valen's cheek as she smiled before she turned her head and looked around at their surroundings, she appeared to be deep within her own thoughts and a gentle breeze passed them.

"What are you thinking about?" Valen curiously asked as he looked into her eyes. The breeze that gently passed them felt good.

"Huh? Eh.... I... am not sure, actually." She said as she blinked a few times and looked at Valen before she rubbed the side of her head with a brief smile. "I guess I'm just thinking about all that has happened... since we met, it's only been a few days, but... yeah." She said and then looked forward again as she blushed a bit.

"I was thinking about that but I've got a curious question here." he looked at her and then looked at the stars. "Do you humans believe in fate?" He closed his eyes and let the cool breeze blow past his ears and then he opened his eyes to admire the stars.

"Some do, yes. But not all." Said Ailina while she pondered on the matter. "I can't exactly say how many believe in fate and not, but I'd say that it's about half and half, if I were to make a guess." She then added with a small nod. "And what about you elves? Do you believe in fate?" She asked as she looked a Valen.

"Most of us believe in a twisting fate that carves paths for us among the stars. I hadn't, well, I don't really personally believe in being guided by mystically forces with ever action." He looked at her and his ears perked up slightly and he sighed. "But I don't know and am to young to know. Perhaps out there in the world is something that weaves the destinies of men and elves. Perhaps it has already created our destinies and woven our fates together but like I said I'm not sure."

Status
Not open for further replies.