Torn between two Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ailina looked around as Valen sat down and she appeared to be on guard, she narrowed her eyes slightly before she sighed as she relaxed a bit and she rubbed her forehead. She brushed away some hair from her face and she then glanced down at the ground, deep in her own thoughts.

"I hate fire." He said as he opened his eyes and looked at her. "And death, and war. I hate all negativity trust me. I've lost a lot and maybe more than I even know." He was trying to decode his memories but it wasn't working it would take a professional to do that and even then he doubted the ability of magic users to restore memories. "We just, I don't know, but we have to decide on something and," He sighed and looked into her eyes. "The last thing I want is you getting hurt. I don't want any one to get hurt really but most importantly you."

She looked at Valen and then looked away with a sad expression and she hugged herself as she sighed heavily. "I think this is going to be hard... I am willing to do an undercover job if it means that I will save lives that might otherwise go lost." She said and she frowned deeply. "I don't want to kill him, I want to see him suffer for every day of his life."

"You can't do an under cover job without killing him." He stated and then scooted closer to her remembering the kiss and it was on his mind now. "But about yesterday and that whole accidental kiss thing. I'm sorry about that I should be more careful." His face was red and he was trying to hid it slightly as he looked away.

"I don't have to kill him to remove him from the throne." She said as she frowned. "There is more to the world then just night and day, life or death." She stated. "I will simply put him in the dungeons and have him live through the hell he's put everyone through." She then added and she looked at Valen. "It's nothing to apologize for, it was... really nice." She said and she looked down at the ground. "It was nice to feel.... sort of wanted... for once."

"Yeah it did feel nice." He smiled and then looked at her with an even bigger smile. "I'm just glad we've changed subjects from death and all that stuff. To be honest kissing you felt so perfect and pure. It felt simply as if all the worlds troubles faded away and all was left was that beautiful moment. Our worries gone, pain washed away by the purity, and all I wanted to do is stay in that moment; in that greatness that has captured my mind since it happened." He smiled at her again his heart pounding. He wasn't used to giving small speeches like that but it was great to feel something other than pain for once.

She blushed and she sat down next to him in silence, she didn't know what she should say and she simply rested her head against his shoulder while she smiled and she shut her eyes as she rested her arms across her lap since she sat in a mermaid position with her legs and she cuddled softly against him.

He wrapped an arm around her when a voice behind them abruptly ended the sweet moment.
"Look what we got here boys a cute little couple." The man chuckled and pulled a knife out pointing it at Valen. Quickly three more men joined the side of their comrade.

Ailina flinched slightly and she was about to stand up, but was pushed back down in a sitting position by one of the men and she glared up at them before she glared at the man that pointed a knife at Valen. "What do you want?" She snarled and she clenched her hands tightly.

"Just some gold milady and perhaps something else from you my pretty." He licked a dirty tongue across his lips and motioned for his last friend to help restrain her. Valen quickly head butted the man behind him then pulled out a small elven dagger as he spun and cut the man's throat.
"Well don't just stand there you two kill him!" He shouted the leader and they of course listened but they left Ailina unguarded.

Ailina narrowed her eyes as she was restrained for a moment but then released and she quickly stood up and she sighed heavily. "I was enjoying a relaxing moment." She said and she then drew her blade on her hip. She moved it in a circle around herself and under her feet formed a green pentagram when she held up her blade with the flat side facing one of the men and she shut her eyes as she placed her hand against the opposite flat side. "Hunt the sinful and avenge the fallen. Wind Blade!" She said and opened her eyes and blades made out of wind appeared around the man and cut him. Just how much of her past was she keeping a secret from Valen? No human has ever been able to practice magic Artes, yet she mastered this one with quite skill. She lowered her blade afterwards and she glared at the cut and bleeding corpse before she turned towards Valen and the other men.

"You know magic?" he asked as he cut the third man and looked at her again before putting his attention back to the last guy him and Valen both were extremely surprised that she knew magic.

Ailina looked towards Valen and she then realised what she had just done and she stood there speechless. "It... was just something I picked up a while ago." She said with a small cough and she looked away, cursing low in her head at herself for the mistake she had just made.

"Well that is just beautiful." He had almost forgot about the last guy who swung at him but Valen countered by blocking the blade with his then kicked him in the stomach followed by a stab down on the base of the neck death was instant. He smiled and looked at her. "Honestly that is beautiful, and only makes you that more attractive."

She blinked a few times in surprise and she let out a surprised "Eh?" As she heard Valen's words and she looked at him before she shook her head as she smiled and chuckled slightly. "You're really odd, you know that?" She said.

"Yes not as odd as a magic wielding warrior human female with a odd things for elves." He noted with a smile as he started walking towards Iverstid the safety of an inn was increasingly starting to sound extremely comfortable to him.

"It's not that odd..." She mumbled and she pouted a bit at him before she smiled and walked with him. She sheathed her blade and then moved to gently take his hand as she smiled and looked up at him.

He took her hand and looked at her seriously.
"What are we going to do when we get to Iverstid it is on the out skirts of the neutrality and I'm not sure it is safe for a couple like," He paused for a second again taking the time to realize what he was saying. "Like us."

"Hmm.. how about we just walk normally while you wear a hood? Since it's been quite a while since a human witnessed an elf around there, and if you wear a hood, no one will be able to know your heritage." She said with a gentle smile as she looked at Valen and she brushed some hair from her face and she squeezed his hand gently. "And if they wish to challenge me, then I say let them do so. I will take them on and show them to an early grave if so needed." She then added.

He didn't like the idea about being hidden or letting her fight but he'd allow it any way. "Sounds like a plan to me." He raised the hood and sighed slightly he hated having to had who he was from everyone around him. He hated wearing masks. "Just don't hurt to many people that attracts nearby guards."

Status
Not open for further replies.