Torn between two Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
She smiled gently and then began to eat once the food had arrived and after a while, once she had eaten, she leaned back in the chair. "Why do you want to come with me to take-... Well... To confront the king? What is your reasoning? Other then to just aid me." She said with a gentle smile.

He had finished eating by the time she asked. "Well Tyranny is no laughing matter. Not to mention that a elf helping free humans from said tyranny would make a great example of peace between our people. To be regular is one thing to defeat monsters and slay giants is one thing but to become a symbol in history is forever. Tales and victories fade into history but legends live on. I am here to fight tyranny because in doing so we shall become said legends." He smirked and then laughed slightly. "Or because I simply want to feel the power of adventure course through my thin elven veins."

Ailina chuckled slightly and she brushed her hair from her face as she leaned back in the chair in a thoughtful manner, she folded her arms and glanced up at the ceiling. "I don't want to be written about. I just want to know that I did something to change this world for the better." She said with a gentle smile. "And to feel the power of adventure sounds rather pleasing, I must say." She then added and she looked towards Valen. She put her hand over her mouth and she let out a small yawn, she was exhausted after the day's walk as she was only human after all.

He chuckled slightly and tilted his glass before taking a drink. "Well changing the world is good and all but what happens when people begin to forget the people who changed the world or better yet why they changed it?" He noticed her yawn and smirked slightly. "Alright head up those stairs and," He looked at the key before handing it to her. "Room 4 is yours. Now if you need anything I shall retire to room," He looked at his key. "Room 5 if you need anything. I'll be right across the hall. Now sleep nicely will you we've got a long while to go before reaching Iverstid."
"You're heading to Iverstid?" Asked Algarth clearly listening in on their conversation.
"Yes why?" Valen put the glass down and turned his attention to Algarth.
"Just rumors of bandits and monsters along the roads of Iverstid. Even heard one about the thieves guild setting up traps." Valen chuckled slightly it was beginning to start like a grand adventure having to slay monster, and bandits then saving a kingdom from the powerful clutches of a tyrant. Not to mention his damsel in distress. His attention turning to Ailina then back to Algarth.
"Well Algarth it is up to milady if we travel those 'dangerous' roads or not." He finally looked at her with that confident smirk he had carried his entire life.

Ailina took the key and nodded once at Valen, she then raised an eyebrow and smirked slightly. "I already have mercenaries after me, so why not add bandits to the lot, eh?" She asked with a small chuckle as she shrugged and turned around before she went up to the room.

Valen smiled and waited for her to get into her room before starting to talk to Algarth again.
"Oh I'm lucky aren't I?"
"Of course you know she is human right?" Algarth looked up from cleaning the the bar. Valen chuckled slightly and then looked towards the ceiling.
"Yeah but I've always been a little bit of a rebel eh?" He put his glass back on the table having finished it.
"Valen you're drunk and flirting with the wrong species. As much as I don't mind them mating, or even thinking about it, is dangerous and highly illegal." Valen blew a deep breath and then stared at Algarth with a cold hard stare.
"But why is it illegal Algarth? Because of the bloody war? That war died and now all the remains are small embers to put out yet all we seem to be doing is adding fuel and getting ready to start another fire. I want to prove that humans and elves can coexist."
"Listen here boy you have no idea what you're talking about." Valen grabbed Algarth's collar.
"Call me boy again and I'll make sure that you sit with my father." Valen was very sensitive about people judging his judgement just because of his age.
"With a mouth like that you might wear out your welcome now go sleep in your bed and be glad that I respect your father enough not to throw you and your human friend out." Valen wanted to turn around and respond with harsh words but instead he simply said:
"Just remember that those who sit and do nothing are just as evil as those who do evil."
"Well you know what screw you Valen!" Valen made his way to the room and didn't think twice about Algarth right now he just wanted to sleep off the drinks he'd been putting down.

Ailina had heard some of the conversation and she lowered her gaze slightly. When she heard that Valen was on his way to his room, she opened the door to her room and then looked at him. "Want some company?" She asked with a brief smile.

"To sleep? Um, well," He was sort of nervous and stuttered slightly he'd never really slept with anyone except for int he tent and that was okay because of the rain and this was well, different. "Sure." He smiled nervously and chuckled that slight little 'I have no idea what I'm doing' chuckle.

"I heard a bit if what you were talking about, to have humans and elves coexist would be wonderful, it is just a shame that not more people share that view." She said as she walked closer to Valen and she tried to place her hand on his cheek. "You are a really honorable person." She then said as a gentle smile formed on her lips as she looked into his eyes.

His face became nearly completely red and he took a few breathes. "Sorry kind of new to all of this." He'd never even been touched by an eleven girl his duties as a hunter had always prevented real encounters with others. "But, uh, thank you." His small nervous smile remained as his hands tried to find the key in his pocket when he approached the room door.

She couldn't help but to chuckle slightly and she brushed away some hair from her face. "Perhaps I should just let you rest. I was thinking more that I would be there as company if you wished to talk about something." She said as she lowered her hand and she folded her arms across her chest as she leaned against the wall.

"Yeah, uh, perhaps I could use the rest, well, wow I must sound stupid." He kind of let his arms slump down to his sides and then looked at her. "I mean, well, I'm not sure what I mean. What would we talk about?" Now that his\ mind knew exactly what they were doing, and there wasn't room to wander, it was much easier for him to focus on talking to her and clarifying what exactly they would be doing.

"I don't know, everything and nothing?" asked Ailina while she let out a small chuckle. "It was just in case you needed to get things off your mind, but perhaps rest isn't such a bad idea for you." She then said with a small nod.

"Alright yeah. Sorry just not used to having female company at night." He was calming down realizing that he had kind of let that ship sail. "I mean the other night in the forest was necessary for survival but this would be for pleasure whether mental, emotional, or," He paused for a second not sure if he should say it or not. "Or sexual and all of that is new to me." He kind of tensed up ready to get slapped for saying something he shouldn't have.

Ailina blinked a few times in surprise and her cheeks turned red before she laughed slightly and she shook her head. "It wouldn't be anything sexual. I'm still unspoiled and I plan to keep myself that way until I get married." She said with a gentle smile and she looked at Valen. "I'm not used to having company at all. So this is a pleasant change, but I'll let you get your rest." She said and she inclined her head towards him before she stood up more properly and then made her way towards her room.

"Goodnight." He nodded at her then made his way to his room. Once the door was shut behind him he let out a loud sigh then slammed the palm of his hand into his face which remained there until he drug himself to the bed. He collapsed straight onto the bed and spoke mumbled words into he bed sheets.
"Way to go Valen." His words although barely noticeable because of the sheets he understood himself and rolled over and stared at the ceiling. "Way to make things weird." He closed his eyes and let out a sigh before fading into sleep.

"Goodnight." Ailina responded as she then shut the door to her room and she laid down on the bed. It didn't take long before she fell asleep and he woke up early in the morning, she sat up in the bed and a heavy sigh escaped her lips as she rubbed her forehead. "That damn nightmare again." She muttered low and then made her way into the bathroom to wash her face. Ailina clenched her fist and she then punched the wall so hard that her knuckle began to bleed and she gritted her teeth as she frowned deeply in a sad manner. "I will not let it go unpunished... I have not forgiven you for betraying my family, Leon.." She muttered low.

Valen awoke tossing and turning before his eyes opened to stare at the ceiling. He ran his fingers through his hair and then thought to himself. He closed his eyes and sighed before getting out of bed. "What did I see?" He shook his head again and stepped out of the room to go down and talk with Algarth, well at least apologize for his rudeness the night before. He was drunk and he never should threatened Algarth even if he had been ignorant.
"Algarth?" He stepped out into the main room and instantly knew something was wrong all the table had been flipped a chair had been thrown into a wall and shattered. "Algarth!" He shouted and ran into the room behind the bar laying in a stagnant pool of his blood was Algarth.
"So this is how I die?" He joked looking at Valen.
"What happened Algarth?" Valen moved to apply pressure to the wound but it appeared to late. He was lucky enough just to see Algarth still alive.
"Damn thieves came in here they just wanted to gold but I had to be hard on them. They took the gold and stabbed me." He was coughing and ready for death but Valen wasn't. He began to cry as he held the wound.
"Don't you die on me Algarth. Don't you die like my father did." He was crying and held the wound firmly attempting to stop the bleeding and when he looked up the eyes of Algarth were nothing but an empty gaze and he had died. "No, no."

Ailina narrowed her eyes as she heard something and she quickly turned around before she exited the room and went downstairs. Her eyes widened and she quickly ran over to Valen and Algarth and she managed to hear what had happened. She swallowed once and then stepped closer before she crouched down and she tried to place one hand on Valen's shoulder while using her other and to shut Algarth's eyes and she looked down at the floor with a sad expression, she had no clue what to say to try and comfort Valen.

Valen stood and left the room. "We're tracking these thieves and when we find them we get rid of them. They made this personal and I don't care if I have to rip their whole guild to shreds. Me and Algarth may not have always seen eye to eye but he was like family and I'll make sure they feel the wraith of elf who has lost his family." He wasn't seeking justice anymore just it was vengeance and it was a far more harsh feeling then he had ever imagined.

Status
Not open for further replies.