Torn between two Worlds

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ailina raised an eyebrow and came to a halt and she turned towards Valen. "What do you mean?" She asked as she looked at him, appearing quite surprised over his words.

"Well with the whole kissing thing and all that." He didn't know how to really word it. "I'm concerned about something." He knew what he wanted to say but getting there would be hard. "IF we do end up getting married and being happy. I just," He paused and his gaze turned to his feet. "Just you can spend you're entire life with me but I can't spend mine with you."

She looked up at him and then down at her feet before she looked up at him and she showed her usual gentle smile. "If that day comes, we'll find a way. I'm sure of it." She said with a confident nod and she then looked up at the sky as she started to walk again.

He was walking with her and simply thought about it as they started making their way to Iverstid but there wasn't enough sun light to guide them there.
"W can walk through out the night or stop it is up to you." He said as he tried to observe the shadows for any movement.

"Perhaps it is better if we rest? I don't particularly enjoy being ambushed in the dark." She said while they walked and she came to a halt after a while as she looked around. She saw a small cave and walked over to it and peeked inside, there hadn't been an animal there for months di they were at no risk for intruding on an animals home. She stepped inside and then sat down on the ground while she leaned back against the mountain wall.

"Yes being ambushed in the dark would be a rather bad thing." He followed her to the cave, and when he stepped inside the cave and looked for tracks or a nest but there was none and if there had been he would have seen it. He looked at her and sat next to her. "So where exactly are we headed? I know of the king and his tyranny but not a location."

When he sat down, she rested her head in hi shoulder and she wrapped her arms around his arm as she cuddled slightly against Valen. "He should be in his castle in Vermora, if he's not there, then he's in his fortress in Gereyhil." Ailina said and she frowned deeply as a sigh escaped her lips.

"we're going to defeat this king but you know that killing him will not be enough." He stated slightly and then paused and thought about it before mentioning it. "And then once we defeat him who will take the throne?" Valen's head was soaring with questions perhaps she didn't want to talk about it but he simply was curious. He liked her cuddling with him but he just needed to know what sort of future would their be if they did kill this tyrant.

"I will take his place upon the throne. After all, once upon a time, I was supposed to become his bride." Ailina said and she frowned deeply as her hands clenched slightly. She shook her head a bit as she let out a heavy sigh and she looked outside.

"But you don't wish to become queen." He said he could tell by the heaviness the words carried as she spoke. "Can't someone else take the throne?" He said not really realizing the opportunity that sat in front of him.

"I don't want to risk our world falling into the hands of another tyrant and the only way I can actually stop it on, is to sit upon the throne myself..." She said and she frowned deeply. "I do not wish to be queen, no... but I will do whatever is necessary to protect the people of our worlds." She said as she looked towards Valen, she was referring to elves as well as humans.

"So here we have a two headed coin." He noted slightly and looked at her. "On one side we have our tyrant if we ignore him you remain normal but the tyranny continues. On the other side we have the tyrant dead and you the queen." He paused for a second to think and then smirked. "But let us say that there is a third option."

"Eh? Third option?" Ailina asked and she looked up at Valen as the side of her head was resting on his shoulder and she appeared quite curious about what he had to say.

"Yes see we have a two sided coin so how can there be a third option right?" Assuming she said yes he nodded slightly and continued. "But lets say that you toss said coin so much that one day it lands on it's edge." He smirked and then tilted his head slightly.

"... That would mean that Leon would still sit upon the throne and I would be queen...?" SHe asked confused as that was the only thing she could think about, an option she least wanted, to be forced to marry Leon.

"No the third option is but a mystery my dear." Have heard rumors of something that could change the world he had dismissed the ideas earlier in his life but it just might be true. He smirked. "There is always a third option no matter if you know it or not."

"And what is the mystery third option?" She asked as she looked a Valen with a raised eyebrow in a curious manner. She quickly looked outside as she thought she heard something and she frowned a bit as she stood up and she clenched her hands tightly at the thought that they may have been followed.

"I'm not sure just saying that there always is a third option. Lost son, honorable warrior, who knows all I'm saying is that there always is a third option." He stood and readied his bow and arrow not sure how close they were to an attack at the moment.

As the sound slowly died out, she let out a heavy sigh and then slumped back against the mountain wall as she looked outside and she gritted her teeth at the memory of Leon. She shook her head and then looked towards Valen. "You should get some rest while you can." Said Ailina as a small yawn escaped her lips.

"Sleep sounds good yes." He slumped down next to her and gently closed his eyes ready to sleep and wait for morning then they would travel to Iverstid.

Status
Not open for further replies.