Torn between two Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
She leaned against Balen and stayed awake the whole night. She couldn't sleep as her mind was clouded with thoughts. "What if our only third option is me marrying Leon..?" She thought to herself and she frowned sadly as she clenched her hands and then shook her head.

Valen awoke to the silence of the cave and looked over to see Ailina still awake.
"Did you sleep at all last night?" He raised an eyebrow but was clearly still waking up. It wasn't good rest for him either horrible visions of burning cities and screams. He dreamed of war a war not lead by man or elf but something different all together. He shook it off as just a dream.

Ailina shook her head as she sighed. "Not at all." She said and she looked down at the ground as a sad frown formed on her face. "What if the only third option is me marrying him... Then what...?" She asked as she looked up at Valen.

"Well would you go with that option?" He hadn't meant for it to ruin her night he only wished to imply that there was a possibility for them to save the kingdom and for her not to be queen. He sighed and looked at her the sadness she felt parasitically infected him as he watched it overwhelm her.

"Not anymore, no." She said as she looked at Valen and she smiled briefly. "If I have to take the crown in order to bring peace to our lands, then so be it." She said in a determined manner and she nodded once.

"Yes but we can't exactly walk into the throne room and kill him. We're going to need a army at least maybe two. Where do you think we'll find an army?" He asked as stepped out of the cave and accepted the cool breeze taking a deep breath. He stretched and stared at the clouds for a minute before turning to meet her gaze.

"Of course not..." She said and she looked up towards the treetops in a pondering manner. "But... what if... I would marry him, not out of love, of course... then we have him... well... disposed after some time so it doesn't look too suspicious while we work from the inside to make everything better for the others?" Ailina asked. She knew it was a very dangerous and also probably a stupid idea, but at this time, any idea was better than none and she wanted nothing more then to have a peaceful world come together as soon as possible.
She had nightmares whenever she slept, about something that was coming their way, she wasn't sure of what it meant, if it meant Leon and his armies opening a war against everyone in the world or if it was something else or just plain nightmares. She sighed heavily as she shook her head and she trembled a bit as her body was rather cold.

"No we're going to need a army. We're going to need a civil war. If you are to be his queen then you're a powerful political power that could be great in our chance. You against this Tyrant." He turned with a smile and then put his hands on his hips. "That is our third option a complete and total revolution."

"And what about the civilians? Valen, he won't hesitate to kill innocent people just to get his point across, he'll even kill children in order to stop us and I can't allow that." She said and she ran her fingers through her hair as a heavy sigh escaped her lips.

"Yes but that doesn't throw your life in danger." He paused for a second as he realized exactly what it was he said. "Those people are going to die with or without us. In this manner if he does kill innocent people then that will only empower our effort. He has to learn that it isn't just us against him it is his kingdom he needs to understand the force that is coming for him."

"I can't just idly sit by and watch him kill innocent people! I've had my share of that already..." She said and lowered her gaze as she clenched her hands. "If we manage to take him down from the inside, it will be harder for him to gain leverage... And I am not afraid to put my life in danger in order to protect others." She said with a small nod.

"Yes but we prove nothing but that shady tactics work. These people need courage and not to think that this was just some political power play for you to take the throne. You'll look just as much of a monster as he does." Valen put his hands by his sides. "We can't just kill him we have to prove to the people that we are good and while they might like him being dead it doesn't prove to them that you are any better. Show them that you are lead a rebellion people are going to die. Innocents will always be casualties of war and we can't let compassion get in our way of justice." He sighed listening to himself was like ripping his heart out.

"I do not want to see more innocent people and children die because of his shady tactics! So if I have to be seen as a tyrant by some, then so be it! But I will not let innocent people suffer when there is something I can do to prevent it!" She said and then lowered her gaze. "I... don't want to be the reason another mother and father loose their child..." She then said as she clenched her hands. "Valen... he killed a young girl just because I was getting attached to her and because I told her about the war and of how we could possibly befriend the elves... I don't want to be responsible for another child's death..." Ailina said as she looked at Valen and a few tears ran down her cheeks, the guilt that was in her heart was displayed clear as day in her eyes.

"Every second you wake children die. Every minute we stand here arguing people die. By the time you borrowed to work your plan he shall have killed dozens of more children then he ever would've with a revolution." Valen started moving wanted to take the conversation on the road. He wasn't exactly sure what they would find at Iverstid other than an inn bu perhaps there was some sort of information they could find, or buy.

Ailina turned away her head and she frowned sadly as she dug her nails into her sleeves when she folded her arms and she walked next to Valen in silence as she looked around and she then lowered her gaze. "I should've stopped him when I had the chance..." She thought to herself and some of her fringe fell so it covered half of her face.

Valen sighed and looked at her. "Forgive me for my earlier rudeness it's just you're aren't the only one to have seen death." He paused and had flashbacks of fire and screaming of his childhood. A strange man ran up to him and screaming his name but he just wouldn't move terrified of the fire. He snapped out of it before realizing he was a few steps behind Elize.

Ailina turned around slightly and she looked at Valen, she had called his name a few times when he disappeared into his thoughts and fell behind, she stopped and she looked at him before she looked down at the ground again, unsure of what to say.

"Sorry just dormant memories of a fire." It started again the fire around him and that man yelling at him about something. "Sorry Ailina I'm just feeling strange." He sighed and looked at her.

"Perhaps we should take a small break then?" She asked as she looked at Valen and she kept her arms crossed while she stood on the spot and she looked around. "There isn't anyone close right now, so if you want, we can take a breather."

"That sounds nice." He sat down and put both hands on his head and closed his eyes trying to concentrate on he Stranger's face but it was all so blurry and things were just moving so fast soon he found himself on a ship sailing away from a burning town as he screamed for his mother but his mother had never been in a fire, or at least his dad hadn't told him.

Status
Not open for further replies.