• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Title is a Work In Progress. (Paranormal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking in here. I have a rough idea for my character, but I'm not near my computer so I can't do much right now. Is there a male/female ratio?

PS: thanks again for the patience!

Hopefully Twin #2/Wyatt will be done by tonight! Or at least in the wee morning hours of tomorrow because who needs sleep.

Just checking in here. I have a rough idea for my character, but I'm not near my computer so I can't do much right now. Is there a male/female ratio?

PS: thanks again for the patience!

Like Espoir said, 3/3. You could double up but aren't obligated to, depending on who you create I may allow one more person to join, or something. But just do what you want to and we'll figure it out (: excited to see what you have.

I may do a male later when the stress in my life has gone down. I'm thinking about it; it's just not possible at this moment.

4a24e3c800e2cd7d93a7e123282d2bc8.jpg

Cameraman || Investigator || Freelance Photographer || Part-time Animal Shelter Worker
Spiritual Identification:
Average

Appearance:
If you were to describe Wyatt in one word, 'dork' would be the most accurate term. At 5'6" with a lanky build, Wyatt is the last person you'd expect to be lifting weights at the gym. Short-sightedness causes him to sport a pair of glasses, though he occasionally wears contacts when the need arises. His wardrobe favors comfort over style. However, that's not to say he'll sacrifice the latter. Alongside his many jackets and old band tees, there's a good collection of sensible dress shirts and brand name clothing. Wyatt's default expression has his trademark mischievous grin plastered to his face, his blue eyes holding a friendly glow. His tendency to run his hands through his dark hair causes it to hold a messy sort of look, a style that somehow suits him.

Personality:
Wyatt is a friendly soul whose energy knows no limits. He's outgoing, even flirtatious, and views the world in an optimistic light. He's a joker with a penchant for causing trouble--sometimes on accident. However, he's quick to apologize and help repair the damage. Wyatt is trusting to a fault, sometimes coming off as a bit too clingy, but will quickly keep his distance at the first sign of the person's annoyance or discomfort. As inquisitive as Wyatt is, he's also equal parts cautious, especially when people he cares about are involved. These two sides of him are in constant conflict, but often times his curiosity wins. He's quick to take on the blame in situations, and is highly uncomfortable with conflict. Wyatt is a lover of life. He's reluctant to kill even bugs, and his first instinct upon seeing a stray animal (aside from petting it) is to see if he can help it somehow.

Biography:
Born and raised in the sleepy town of New Springs, Colorado, the Cormen twins specialized in raising hell on their small family farm. Their childhood was a cheerful one, most days spent wandering around the vast expanse of woods that surrounded their property and taking care of the various animals they kept around. Life, for the most part, was normal.

Growing up, Wyatt held a love for entertaining people. Whenever his sister was bedridden, he would take pictures and videos of his own explorations. Eventually, this evolved into his desire to pursue a career in photography. His experience at college wasn't exactly the best and, after the first few weeks, he dropped out. Reluctant to return back home and face his parents, Wyatt wandered around for a bit, doing whatever freelance camera work he could. It was difficult constantly moving around and struggling with the bills, but eventually he managed to build up a sturdy reputation.

It was during one of his jobs that he experienced his first encounter with the paranormal. Wyatt was hired with some amateur filmmakers shooting a corny horror flick set in an abandoned hospital. The set, which he'd learned only after he'd arrived, was an actual former hospital that housed some dark rumors of ghosts and murders. Whether or not that was true, Wyatt didn't care. The job paid well, and rumors were only just that: rumors. At least, that's what he assumed until strange occurrences began to happen during filming. Audio distortions, camera malfunctions, disappearing equipment -- unexplainable phenomena that Wyatt didn't know what to make of. However, it was when Wyatt saw an apparition of man roaming an otherwise empty hallway and disappear that he knew something was up. Eventually, the movie was abandoned mid-production, but the experience stuck with Wyatt.

He spent some time moving around a bit more, before Wyatt finally found a more stable place to stay. After finding a local ad and being reminded of his time in the hospital, intrigue and a yearning to know more led him to join his current paranormal team. Eventually, he invited two others to join him: his sister, Wren, and a little stray he found during an investigation, whom he dubbed Casper.
Relationships:
Wren Cormen:
Twin sister, best friend, and favorite (reluctant) photo subject.

Brad Halliday:
Fellow tech nerd and occasional prank buddy. Sees him as an older brother figure.

Darius "Black Flame" Bodaway Sampson:
Would follow him to ends of the earth--as long as said ends are reasonably safe. Does not trust with equipment.

Sonny "Sun; Snow White; Crazy cat lady" Rae:
Fellow animal lover. Occasionally treats her like a younger sister.

Katrina "Kat" Rachel Lawson:

Maxine Marsh:

Oren Blair:

Extra:
-Frequently brings along a dog named Casper as a 'spirit detector'.
-Enjoys making little behind-the-scenes vlogs during investigations, which he occasionally posts online.
-Smells of cinnamon, freshly baked bread, and dogs.
-Greatest fear is disappointing the people he cares about it.

Fun fact: the part of the hospital is slightly inspired by an abandoned hospital in my town. Sadly, it was torn down before I could break in totally legally do some poking around.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I am assuming everyone is finished with the exception of Neptune? Would you guys be down for briefly discussing relationships between everyone?

And then, because we leave for California, I am hoping my first post will go up tomorrow but it may be delayed u till Sunday, gunna try not to do that though. We should discuss a starting point, though I'd sau in the "mystery van" and on their way to a nasty location would be just fine.

All good here; I'd definitely be down to discuss brief relationships! :D And that's a great starting point let's do the abandoned house lethe told us about

All good here; I'd definitely be down to discuss brief relationships! :D And that's a great starting point let's do the abandoned house lethe told us about
Oh gosh where was that post? I didn't see it or if I did I completely forgot.

I'll PM you about Kat.

More than happy to talk relations about Wren and Wyatt! And that starting point sounds good to me. Ready to get my spooks on.

@espoir @neptune @Kate @Lethe so, update, I have am working till ten, have a fever, and leave for another state at 9am tomorrow, like a ten hour long drive. So my post will be up Sunday, Monday at the latest I just need some time to heal. But it'll be up asap and in the meantime detail your relationships.

Thanks for your understanding. I would get a fever right before I leave the state -_-

I'll try my best to get a post in next week, but I don't feel like I'll be able to because of my work schedule. I work every day, except for Monday. Again, I'll try, but I make no promises.

I'm open to discussing more relationships with Kat in the meantime, if anyone's interested or has some kind of basis/idea for a relationship.

@espoir @neptune @Kate @Lethe so, update, I have am working till ten, have a fever, and leave for another state at 9am tomorrow, like a ten hour long drive. So my post will be up Sunday, Monday at the latest I just need some time to heal. But it'll be up asap and in the meantime detail your relationships.

Thanks for your understanding. I would get a fever right before I leave the state -_-

Like there's any need to thank us... you've got to look after yourself first. A ten hour drive is no fun at all, especially with a fever, so just focus on getting better!

Thanks guys for the support! @espoir that's alright, if you could even get just a paragraph of Kats introduction in, that would be awesome, but if not we can go through around or two of posts, and just won't progress too crazy fast (: Like I said the posting requirements are just maybe 3 a week, 2 is understandable as well, Ik I am hella busy here and there so. If you guys always keep me updated, we will work with it. Regardless the first post will be up no later than 3 days from now, and we will progress best we can depending on circumstances. But don't stress(:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back