Title is a Work In Progress. (Paranormal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mango

Original poster
R U L E S

All questions go here.
Be willing to contribute to brainstorming.
Let's just not do the drama thing!
No one liners, but honestly I'd prefer no novels either. Min 2 paragraphs, max like 5.
All romance fades to black.
NO MEME, GIF OR LINK SPAMMING. Please, no clutter. Reaction gifs every now and then are okay though.
If you have a question, TAG ME HERE. Always tag me, there's a chance I won't see something otherwise.

More will be added later, but honestly I just want us to have fun haha.

Name:
Spiritual Identification: i.e. "Stone", "Channeler", "Average", "Sensitive".

Appearance: Brief description, as well as a realistic face claim.

Personality: Brief explanation, can also be made into positive/negative traits if that's easier for you.

Biography: Briefly touch on their upbringing if it's relevant to who they are, or what they're doing in the paranormal business. Any experiences that might have brought them to join this crew, etc.

Relationships: Leave this blank until we have all submitted our characters. Then, we can discuss ties.

Whatever else you'd like to add. Theme song, favorite piece of equipment, secretly a satanist, lol.​

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm under the impression that everyone is down for the paranormal investigator idea, if so, the "traits" would be as follows (not strictly):

They're all some sort of investigators (Novice, Veteran, Advanced).

Specific titles:

Techs/Camera crew
Demonologist
The "Stone" (Does not attractive spiritual energy, is rarely ever influenced by it, cannot be read to attuned to by empaths/sensitives, tends to have a 'wall')
"Sensitive" - Indigo, crystal or star child, empath, clairvoyant, channler, psychic, seer, wiccan/witch --

My character will be an Indigo/Empath/Sensitive, you can totally mix like that. I may double, we'll see.

If it isn't listed here, just hmu and we can discuss it. No consistent telepathy, no constantly knowing how someone's character feels before hand just because you read it. All visions and things of that nature is to be discussed with me before being implemented via IC.

If you guys have additional ideas for characters just say so, these aren't the only options, I'm simply still considering what else we could bring in! I'd prefer no repeats,or at least to keep everyone very unique.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I found the thread! :)

Are you going to have any proper backstory or a character sheet for this?

What does the "stone" actually do for the group? I understand how the other roles are of benefit, but what use is it having someone around that can't be influenced by spiritual energy? I presume it makes them immune to ghostly attacks, but it probably means that they can't see them or interact with them, either.

I'd be interested in playing the stone, especially if I can play it as someone that's quite cynical and doesn't really believe in the supernatural, so they're constantly trying to debunk everything that they come across. That's why I want to make sure I know what the role of the stone is, within the group, so if you can shed a little light on it, that would be great.

Reactions: mango
I'm on mobile right now, just a heads up. I'd appreciate it if anything important in the code was put in a spoiler. ^.^

I would like to take up the role of a clairvoyant. We each have one ability, correct? If need be, I can have her do camera as well, to differentiate our characters? I'm a little confused about what the exact roles are- I'm allowed to play a clairvoyant, correct?

What does the "stone" actually do for the group? I understand how the other roles are of benefit, but what use is it having someone around that can't be influenced by spiritual energy? I presume it makes them immune to ghostly attacks, but it probably means that they can't see them or interact with them, either.

I'd be interested in playing the stone, especially if I can play it as someone that's quite cynical and doesn't really believe in the supernatural, so they're constantly trying to debunk everything that they come across. That's why I want to make sure I know what the role of the stone is, within the group, so if you can shed a little light on it, that would be great.

Awesome! No idea why I couldn't tag you guys!

Yes. I'll offer a CS template once everyone's here and it seems like we have a solid group and understanding of what's going to play out. It'll offer a chance to elaborate on backstory, appearance and personality, but I want to leave plenty for the story so I won't be asking for more than like, two paragraphs probably, as well as realistic pictures only and, if it's a popular idea, brief summaries of everyone's relationships -- they will all know each other to some degree.

The stone is exactly what you described! lol. Basically the balancing out for all these "gifted" (or in his words, perhaps, mentally disturbed) individuals, someone who can balance hope from fact, but he is indeed susceptible to spiritual attacks, witnessing, etc. But if he were to experience something, it would have to be a very strong, likely aggressive and even evil entity because of how guarded he is, and his reaction to that will be evidence from time to time, if that makes sense to you.

Most things he'll be like "eh it was just a bug not an orb" "the red scratches is your body reacting to stress" but then he himself is obstructed in someway and cant explain it, thats huge! Also means empaths will likely prefer his company because they aren't absorbing anything, and he'll drive psychics nuts.

Make sense? An old friend of mine was a stone and these were his experiences so, I am trying to be as realistic as possible. Of course you can tinker with what you'd like to, that's just my rambled version of trying to elaborate!

I'm on mobile right now, just a heads up. I'd appreciate it if anything important in the code was put in a spoiler. ^.^

I would like to take up the role of a clairvoyant. We each have one ability, correct? If need be, I can have her do camera as well, to differentiate our characters? I'm a little confused about what the exact roles are- I'm allowed to play a clairvoyant, correct?

Thanks for letting me know, I will take the code off, forgot about mobile users. (: If you could read the few rules listed though that's all that was there!

Yes you're welcome to write as a clairvoyant. There is not an "exact role" per say, I listed these unique traits as a way to give people an idea of what they could be. There is Clairvoyance, Clairsentience, Clairaudience, Claircognizance, you can have her be inclined to any of these or a few. For example: she reads feelings very well, and is able to tune into voices on another frequency like a spirit box would. Does that make sense?

You're not strictly limited to anything, and you don't have to be camera crew lol, we're just dsicussing things and throwing more ideas around. I just don't want 3 psychics and a stone. Ya know? Some people can just be sensitive, or not very spiritual at all, or prone to random visions of future trouble, or experience pains of the past. Or a mix. So long as they aren't over powered(:

This is gonna be fun!

I was thinking of making a pair of twins, if that was alright. One being a researcher with seer abilities that they might not be aware of yet, the other an otherwise normal camera/tech person with a habit of bringing their dog along as a sort of 'detector'. Would that be alright?

• Love

I suppose if I'm playing the stone then I'll double up as van driver, or computer technician or something else too, so I'm not completely useless.

Actually... how serious is this going to be? Are we basically recreating Scooby Doo here, minus the talking dog?

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaand @Lethe wants to bring a dog along now. Ha! Is it Scooby Doo yet?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: mango and Lethe
This is gonna be fun!

I was thinking of making a pair of twins, if that was alright. One being a researcher with seer abilities that they might not be aware of yet, the other an otherwise normal camera/tech person with a habit of bringing their dog along as a sort of 'detector'. Would that be alright?

I don't mind the twins, I think that's a really good idea. The dog is welcome as a part of the crew -- it'll be able to not only see spirits (as animals can) but also detect, as you said, electromagnetic fields (which are the kinds of grounds animals won't cross over, too scared). So, yeah, as long as we don't make it "superdog" that's totally welcome. I would say a husky, german shepard, pitbull, bloodhound, I mean just any of the big dogs, not a pomeranian. xD

I suppose if I'm playing the stone then I'll double up as van driver, or computer technician or something else too, so I'm not completely useless.

Actually... how serious is this going to be? Are we basically recreating Scooby Doo here, minus the talking dog?

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaand @Lethe wants to bring a dog along now. Ha! Is it Scooby Doo yet?

The stone isn't useless at all! Every show and movie I've ever watched has the skeptic that is gradually exposed to way too much (: You are welcome to double as anyone you want, but it is not necessary, if we only have 5 characters I am completely fine with that. He will be just as included as anyone else -- the stone could be both an investigator (debunker, really) as well as a tech expert, who modifies their gear, or knows how to adjust audio to decipher 'disembodied voices' from their own. Just thoughts (: A driver, a crew man, someone who extensively studies the history of a place before hand and briefs everyone on what they're walking into, or just a tag along at first that sticks around when sh!t gets crazy.

This is going to be realistic/paranormal/supernatural/horror. Comedy to some degree is welcome but we are far from scooby doo or even ghost adventures, lol, as far as I recall Shaggy wasn't an empath! xDDD. So, no cartoon vibes, the gifts they have will just make it easier to interact with the spirit realm as opposed to 100 posts saying "did something scratch me?"

But of course your questions are valid and I am planning to keep things toned down. And honestly if you or anyone else is uncomfortable please suggest what you will and we can better carve out there story. Remember I wanted people to brainstorm with, so while I have a general idea of what I want, I know everyones opinions are going to shape this, and I wanted them so I can think outside myself!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Oh, apologies for any confusion, when I said "double up", I didn't mean taking two characters, just that I'd make the stone both an investigatory and one of the more tech-savvy members of the crew. Right now, I'm leaning towards playing a male, making him quite a big guy and putting him in charge of driving the van and lugging a lot of the equipment around.

If anyone's interested in it, I'd consider playing him as someone's older brother. He got roped in to help out with the equipment, despite thinking it was all bogus in the first place, and then started to enjoy debunking the rubbish, so he tagged along.

Don't worry, I won't make it into a cartoon! How experienced will the group be when the RP starts? If we're a team then we've probably done a few debunkings at least, but are we into big numbers yet? Do we record this stuff and put it on YouTube, or even have a TV show on one of the minor channels? Or do we just get called in as experts to do stuff?

For the record, I'd say we need a "lore" person, someone that's read all the books and knows all the legends, if we're going to do this properly, but I don't want to force that character onto anyone that doesn't want to play it.

Oh, apologies for any confusion, when I said "double up", I didn't mean taking two characters, just that I'd make the stone both an investigatory and one of the more tech-savvy members of the crew. Right now, I'm leaning towards playing a male, making him quite a big guy and putting him in charge of driving the van and lugging a lot of the equipment around.

If anyone's interested in it, I'd consider playing him as someone's older brother. He got roped in to help out with the equipment, despite thinking it was all bogus in the first place, and then started to enjoy debunking the rubbish, so he tagged along.

Don't worry, I won't make it into a cartoon! How experienced will the group be when the RP starts? If we're a team then we've probably done a few debunkings at least, but are we into big numbers yet? Do we record this stuff and put it on YouTube, or even have a TV show on one of the minor channels? Or do we just get called in as experts to do stuff?

For the record, I'd say we need a "lore" person, someone that's read all the books and knows all the legends, if we're going to do this properly, but I don't want to force that character onto anyone that doesn't want to play it.
Ohh, gotcha, misunderstood then. What you have so far works perfectly! That's also a great suggestion via the sibling idea.

I'd say we're just about intermediate -- we get called in to prove or debunk hauntings as well as perhaps try and find the root of the problems (via abilities) and put the "spirits" to rest -- to test rumors, explore myths, and occasionally come across something amazing. They could indeed have an audience, perhaps posting their findings online as proof -- I wouldn't say it's televised, but they could have their own website or following, be a growing paranormal outlet, idk, I don't really care for them having an audience but I suppose it would be a great goal of theirs, to prove to the world there's another realm and that they're not crazy. Suppose we could see what our other writers say? As for relationships though, that's all up for discussion.

If no one wants to take the spot of the "lore keeper/researcher" I will, that's right up my female's ally. Your suggestion is great so don't worry about it (:

Reactions: Kate
Thanks for letting me know, I will take the code off, forgot about mobile users. (: If you could read the few rules listed though that's all that was there!

Yes you're welcome to write as a clairvoyant. There is not an "exact role" per say, I listed these unique traits as a way to give people an idea of what they could be. There is Clairvoyance, Clairsentience, Clairaudience, Claircognizance, you can have her be inclined to any of these or a few. For example: she reads feelings very well, and is able to tune into voices on another frequency like a spirit box would. Does that make sense?

You're not strictly limited to anything, and you don't have to be camera crew lol, we're just dsicussing things and throwing more ideas around. I just don't want 3 psychics and a stone. Ya know? Some people can just be sensitive, or not very spiritual at all, or prone to random visions of future trouble, or experience pains of the past. Or a mix. So long as they aren't over powered(:

I'm glad we're all engaging in plot and character discussion frequently. I just got off work, so I'll dive into my character sheet soon. I've actually got a pre-made character I'm dying to use and she's perfect for this. Thank you so much for the clarification!

Dude, I'd love to have a brother board. I can definitely see my character dragging him and bossing him around. What age did you plan for your character to be? I was hoping for mine to be at least thirty.

Well, that destroys my idea of a mega-psychic ultra dog who can speak through minds, lol. All kidding aside, I was thinking it would be a stray the twins found during an earlier investigation, took a liking to the crew after it was fed some snacks, and stuck around ever since while helping with missions.
I was thinking my seer could be a researcher of some kind.

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: junebug and mango
Well you guys continue to brainstorm and let me know if you have any questions or just want to discuss what you might be doing. I'd like to have these sheets done relatively soon, perhaps by the 17th? Any longer and interest will be gone, trust me. But if you need an extra day, I get it, just let me know.

CS IS OFFICIALLY UP IN THE VERY FIRST OOC POST. CODE IS GONE. My character will be up soon.

Is it okay if I tie personality and biography into one thing??? Or do you require them separate? ^.^

Is it okay if I tie personality and biography into one thing??? Or do you require them separate? ^.^
That's totally fine! And I still can't tag, grrrr, but if everyone else reads this, you're welcome to do the same.

That's totally fine! And I still can't tag, grrrr, but if everyone else reads this, you're welcome to do the same.

Awesome! And I'm curious- do you have the rich text editor turned off?

• Thank You
Do you guys mind if I make it so my male founded the group? I believe I am going to double, so that way we have even genders. So he'll be the go getter, adventurous, a little too ballsy, somewhat obsessive, and easily spiritually provoked to serious anger -- but, he's the glue. I'll put him out asap, and you guys can use him in your bios if you want.

Lmao I do, for when I code. You're a genius. Bless you.

I've got the same thing haha. You can tag. It just won't show up until you post your reply. xD

Do you guys mind if I make it so my male founded the group? I believe I am going to double, so that way we have even genders. So he'll be the go getter, adventurous, a little too ballsy, somewhat obsessive, and easily spiritually provoked to serious anger -- but, he's the glue. I'll put him out asap, and you guys can use him in your bios if you want.

Yes please! I don't mind a cute guy for our leader. XD

• Love
I'm currently out of town but I'll be back on Thursday. If that's going to slow anything down, then go ahead without me c:

• Thank You
Reactions: mango and junebug
Status
Not open for further replies.