Title is a Work In Progress. (Paranormal)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided on a name and a more official age lol. 26 years old seems more appropriate for her.

I'm currently out of town but I'll be back on Thursday. If that's going to slow anything down, then go ahead without me c:

Do your thing, nep~ We'll be waiting! <3 :3

Reactions: mango
I'm currently out of town but I'll be back on Thursday. If that's going to slow anything down, then go ahead without me c:
We can def wait for you, if you're still interested (: Tysm for letting me know!

Thanks for the patience, guys! ❤️

Dude, I'd love to have a brother board. I can definitely see my character dragging him and bossing him around. What age did you plan for your character to be? I was hoping for mine to be at least thirty.

Looks like you've settled on 26 now, which works out as my character's going to be about 30. I'll probably get my CS up later tonight, when I'm home from work.

As for being bossed about by a younger sister... sure, try that. Expect a few pranks in return. ;)

• Love
Reactions: mango and junebug
Looks like you've settled on 26 now, which works out as my character's going to be about 30. I'll probably get my CS up later tonight, when I'm home from work.

As for being bossed about by a younger sister... sure, try that. Expect a few pranks in return. ;)

Hehe x3 I've finished everything except for the biography/personality~

So, my character is completed now. I'm expecting to need to amend some of the details as the other character sheets come in (espoir's in particular), but someone's got to go first, so it might as well be me!

[fieldbox=Brad Halliday, lightsteelblue, solid]
Name: Brad Halliday
Spiritual identification: Stone

Appearance
Brad is by no means a bad looking guy, but he's not the sort to catch many second looks. He's about 6'2" and reasonably built, with dark brown hair, dark brown eyes and a goattee. Brad usually appears a bit scruffy and understated, preferring practical and comfortable clothing to anything all that flashy or showy. Given that he does most of the lugging and the maintenance for the group, he's used to ripping his clothes or getting them covered in dirt and oil.

Personality
Brad doesn't believe in any of this stuff. Possibly because he can't experience it in the same way that the others can, but possibly just because it's not in his personality to be open to such ideas. Ghosts and ghouls are just make-believe as far as Brad's concerned and he's determined to prove it. He can be a bit abrasive and clashes from time to time with the more spiritually sensitive members of the group, and he'll often make jokes or sarcastic comments about things being from movies or TV shows. Expect a few Scooby-Doo references to "It's probably just Old Man Jessop, trying to scare those damned developers away."

Away from the spiritual stuff, Brad is a qualified mechanic, so he's in charge of the van (or "Mystery Machine" as he calls it) and its maintenance. He tends to look after the lights and cameras, too and can turn a hand to most problems. He's a joker above all else, though, and he rarely takes anything seriously, so he's probably the group member most inclined towards playing pranks, especially if his younger sister is the butt of them. He can be quite immature, his sense of humour being particularly immature sometimes, but he's capable of being serious when he needs to be. His lack of experience with the supernatural tends to leave him more clear-headed than some members of the group, so he can make more practical choices without worrying about spiritual energy and the like.

Biography
Brad made his way through life by taking the easiest options and making the minimum amount of effort required. He went through school with poor-to-average grades, spending more time hanging out with his friends and playing with his band than he spent studying. When he finished, he enrolled as a mechanic's apprentice and learned his trade. This is Brad's main source of income, as ghost-hunting rarely pays and, when it does, it certainly doesn't pay well.

He's still a slacker, but he's got a steady job and rents his own place in the city. He's got a girlfriend, Diana, whom he lives with, though she's an even bigger cynic than Brad about anything supernatural and has never come along on any of their hunts before as a result. The two of them get along well, but Diana can be rather biting with her sarcasm and she has a habit of rubbing people up the wrong way, so it probably suits the group that she doesn't tag along.

Brad's sister has always been the one with an interest in the paranormal, so when she and her friends needed a lift to a haunted house outside of town, she asked Brad if she could borrow his van. Not one to trust his sister's driving, Brad refused to let her take the van alone, insisting on driving it for them and feigning interest in the supernatural enough to get involved. He was just looking for a story and a few laughs and at first, that's all it was, but he's now a regular member of the team, having found his place as the level-headed cynic, even if he's never actually experienced anything supernatural so far. Brad doesn't buy into any of it, frequently calling it mumbo jumbo and comparing it to bad horror movies and cartoons, but deep down he would like to encounter something supernatural for real, just for the sake of it. He wouldn't admit that in front of the rest of the group, though.

Relationships
Kat Lawson - Younger sister and chief prank victim
As is to be expected, Brad and his younger sister have a good, strong relationship. She dragged him into the spirit hunting game when she needed some help getting started and he's hung around ever since to keep an eye on her. The two have their share of in-jokes and shared memories, and their bond is very strong, but Kat does try to boss Brad around sometimes, and he's not one to take it lying down, so he makes up for it in pranks and jokes to get his own back on her.

Darius Sampson - Destroyer of equipment
Brad and Darius clashed a bit when they were first starting out, mostly due to Brad's cynicism and Darius' idealism clashing. The two have gotten past that, even if they still don't always see eye-to-eye. As the van driver and equipment manager for the team, Brad plays an essential role in making sure that Darius doesn't touch or break anything expensive.

Sonny Rae - "Opposites attract" friend
The relationship between Brad and Sonny doesn't really make any sense. She's a very sensitive, spiritual individual and he's a stone, but rather than clashing, like he did with Darius, the two seem to get along so well because of their opposite natures. As Brad doesn't give off anything for Sonny to pick up, the two have built up a normal, healthy relationship, out of talking to each other and picking up on things like body language, rather than auras and psyches. It's a bit weird, but the two just seem to click. It probably helps that Brad finds her attractive, too. Unfortunately, Diana has recognised this too and doesn't trust Sonny, believing that the girl is trying to steal Brad away, even if nothing of the sort is going on.

Wyatt Cormen - Brother from another mother
There is some serious bromance going on between Brad and Wyatt. The two bond over Casper, equipment and music, but there's so much more to it than that. Wyatt is often the butt of Brad's jokes or pranks when Kat isn't around, but there's a solid friendship beneath all of that, and even if Wyatt is a complete and utter dork, there's no way that Brad would let anyone push him around. Even if they antagonise each other from time to time, it's only ever done out of fondness and sometimes boredom and never with any malice. If anything, it's Wyatt that Diana should be worrying about, because this is the real deal.

Wren Cormen - Silent, sassy friend
Brad's seen enough of Wren to know that she can be dark and sarcastic, and even sassy, but she's got a wicked sense of humour and a rational mind. With so many of the more spiritual members of the group being quite excitable, Brad's happy to have someone else there that's trying to be the voice of reason. The two don't spend much time together, as they have very different interests, but there's a lot of mutual respect for their dedication; Wren to her books, research and knowledge, and Brad to the equipment and technology. They both fulfil a role within the group that's quite niche, and it gives them a strange sense of camaraderie.

Casper the dog - Man's best friend
Brad's not a big animal lover by any means, but he's taken a liking to Casper, even if he does insist on calling him "Scoob" and doing his impression of Shaggy when talking to the dog. Despite others in the group being more enthusiastic about animals, Brad somehow seems more attuned to Casper, with only Wyatt having a stronger link to the dog than he does.

Maxine Marsh - Hit-and-miss hippie
Brad and Maxine have a few similar traits and have formed a very casual friendship on the back of that. They'll have each other's back should it be needed, and when they hang out, they get on pretty well, but there isn't the same connection that Brad's found with Sonny or Wyatt, leaving them slightly distant. They don't know a whole lot about each other beyond the group and it would be very unusual to find them meeting up for coffee. Even though there's nothing untoward between them, they just don't seem to click, leaving things a bit flat between the pair.

Oren Blair - Suspicious Charlatan
Brad and Oren do not see eye-to-eye. In fact, Brad doesn't trust Oren at all, and doesn't really see why he has a place within the group, or why Darius would even welcome him into the fold. In Brad's eyes, Oren is a fraud and a phoney, with a ridiculous backstory he's made up for whatever reason. Brad doesn't buy any of it and tends to keep an eye on Oren, to make sure he isn't up to something. If left alone together, sitting in silence is the best possible outcome for these two.

Additional information
Brad's an accomplished guitarist and has a collection of acoustic and electric guitars back home. He usually brings one of his acoustic guitars with him and does play it during the group's downtime, even when on-site.

Also, to clarify, I'm not trying to turn this into a Scooby-Doo roleplay, but seeing as Brad's sarcastic and doesn't buy it, that's how his character reacts. He might even call the dog "Scoob" from time to time.

Brad's greatest fear is probably encountering a real spirit and being terrified by it. He's the joker of the group, and he's usually so laid back about everything that he'd want to be cool about actually encountering a spirit, but having never really experienced it, he's not sure how he'd react. It'd really screw with his pride if he was genuinely scared by a ghost.

Brad smells like a mix of grease/motor oil and cheap aftershave/deodorant (I'm thinking Lynx Africa/Axe Kilo specifically).

[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
I love him XD He's awesome! My character is actually in my test thread; I didn't write her history yet because I'd been anticipating talking about the history a little before we post our characters. xP

However, now that I see your character, I'll see what I can do for mine history-wise~

Sorry, I didn't even know you had a test thread, I'll go and look at it now. I just figured I'd throw out my idea and then we can work stuff around it to suit us both and the rest of the group.

No no, I'm not trying to insinuate that you knew. I just thought that once you got back from work, we could talk a little and didn't realize you'd already had an idea in mind. I'm sorry it sounded like that.

Well, nothing's set in stone. As no-one else had posted, I put Brad together and dumped him here as a starting point, but I can happily amend things. Why not drop me a PM with your own ideas and we can go from there?

Um, I don't have any ideas as of now. I'm sorry if I pissed you off.

You really need a hug!

I'm not annoyed at all, like I said, I just figured I'd go first and throw up my character sheet.

When you've got some ideas, or if you want to talk more about what I've posted on Brad's sheet, then drop me a line and we can talk it over. I'm not that scary, honest!

You really need a hug!

I'm not annoyed at all, like I said, I just figured I'd go first and throw up my character sheet.

When you've got some ideas, or if you want to talk more about what I've posted on Brad's sheet, then drop me a line and we can talk it over. I'm not that scary, honest!

I'm an awkward bean. I'll stop apologizing now and pm you with things.

Reactions: mango and Kate
@Kate Brad is a super well thought out character, really love how he came out. Excited to check out @espoir character as well as @neptune and @Lethe when y'all got the time.

Remember if you have questions tag me here or PM me, if I can help I'd love to but Honestly you guys got this, things are flowing very nicely. As for history, fill out what you can just like Kate did, and we can elaborate once all the characters are up. Darrius and Sonny will be finished tonight, just need to flesh out their bios some.

I'd like to see this started by next Sunday? I am leaving for California on Saturday but I can post still, times'll just be wonky. Wanted to give Nep some time as well.

Ugh. Rambling.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Well, I'll likely need to do a little fine tuning before Brad's finalised, but I'm pretty much ready to go whenever you are, boss!

Kat [Katrina] will be up soon!

• Love
So, I may flesh these out a little bit better, but they're both pretty much done. I just felt like posting them now to help you guys with your characters.

Name: Darius "Black Flame" Bodaway Sampson
Occupation: Crew Founder, Lead Investigator; Part-time closing Clerk at a little native themed smoke shop.
Spiritual Identification: Spiritually Oppressed Sensitive; Spirit deciphering or "Seer".

Appearance:

6'1; A pale bronze; locks black and brown, when not pulled into his typical messy bun, fall in tousled curls just at his shoulders; groomed facial hair comes and goes. Typically sports flannel tops half heartedly buttoned and quarter cuff sleeved, a cracked watch with a few genuine leather wrist accessories, and various beaded/feathered necklaces with rock pendants.

Has faded fleshy scars here and there, mostly along his forearms, in strikes of three by what would look like talons -- demonic attacks, but some thinks he hurts himself; Inquiries just piss him off.​

Personality:

Adventurous : Darius makes everything an adventure, and can turn a serious situation into a quest for thrill; locked doors, pitch black tunnels, attics, small holes -- if he can find a way in, he'll do it; and if he can't, he'll convince someone else.

Ballsy : Be it a wild bear or an aggressive spirit, Darius doesn't back down easily, tactfully finding ways of overcoming his challenges though he gets hurt just as often as he is victorious.

Last minute Loyal : Though he's the one sending you into that underground tunnel, he'll also be the one digging through every piece of sheetrock to save you when it collapses. Not everyone finds that heart warming, but at least he doesn't... Always, leave everyone behind.

Inquisitive : Always studying, poking his nose into uncharted territory, attempting to make sense of the other side -- also always inquiring about his crew in subtle ways. It's like the crew is his own personally game of janga -- once in a while it crumbles, but Darius is pretty good about carefully tugging at everyones soft spots just for the sake of understanding.

Manipulative, but with decent intentions : Darrius not only has a way with words, but there's something about his energy that tends to influence others. It comes so casually, it's easy to miss; sometimes, Darius isn't even aware of how subtly persuasive he is being.

Obsessive : He'll push himself, and others, well beyond their limits, often becoming somewhat scary on the path to what he thinks is right. He has injured himself on many occasions, and seems to lose that sense of self preservation in the heat of the moment -- few risks are too risky, and little reason can get through to him. He almost seems to have tunnel vision.

Closed off : Attempting to touch on why he cares so much about the other side causes Darius to even further distance himself from others. It's a constant, his refusal to open up; it's easy to think he is keeping something important from everyone, but the truth is all he is hiding is deep, deep emotional hurt.

? :​

extra: likes things made of leather; will always jump at the opportunity to swim; always smells of sandalwood.

Biography:

Grew up on in one of two bands of the Lakota Nation: the Sihasapa, in South Dakota. As a toddler he was raised by his mother, a sweet woman who was more into modern day lifestyle than the traditions of her people; his father left around the time he turned four, and was never heard from again. His mother died of an unexplained illness and he ended up under the supervision of his grandfather.

His grandfather was a very respected traditionalist shaman who not only taught Darrius some incredible useful ways to live founded on the Sihasapa people's ways, but also introduced him to protection talismans and mantras (mostly in their native tongue), the power of nature, how to start a proper fire and also how to always be aware spiritually. Explaining that "there is an evil attached to our roots, it haunted my grandfathers, and me, and someday, Great Spirit forbid, it will find you" and other things that Darrius often murmurs about.

He ended up moving to the city and being raised by his extended family at the age of thirteen when his grandfather was mysteriously murdered, and he had no family left in the reservation. Got emancipated at 16 and wandered around for a long time, living out of friends vans and working odd jobs while really just focusing on this entity that took away his childhood. He saved every dime and eventually bought his own vintage sort of rv. He set out to find this entity, which has actually been following him for years.

The entity that latched onto him has opened up his third eye without his permission, and enabled him to tell the difference between spirits and demons, as well as see the demons latched onto others or around him.

At 24 he founded this paranormal group (which really just started out him searching for this entity), finally deciding he needed the help, but very much keeping his true motivation to himself. Darius has never really branched out and focused on his future, or a future with someone else; he hasn't made many memories,
while he is caught up in the present he doesn't really 'live for the moment', fairly consumed with what he believes is 'truth' and 'justice' and definitely a lot of emotional hurt.​

Relationships:

Sonny -- Darrius met Sonny in Pierre when he was just starting his 'ghost crew' out; she had been living by pennies as an expat. He offered her his RV to stay in, and they split the costs, eventually recruiting her onto his little 'ghost crew' experiment. They have a weird relationship -- he pulls her out of trouble, but is also the first one to push her into it -- she's a conduit for energy, and he uses that to his advantage with no regrets.

Brad -

Kat -

?

?

?

Name: Sonny "Sun; Snow White; Crazy cat lady" Rae
Occupation: Investigator, ghost/situation feeler, aids spirits in passing over; picks up shifts at the local animal shelter, which is easy on an empath since animals are almost always neutral.
Spiritual Identification: Indigo Child, Raw (Human & Animal) Empath, Sensitive, very minor and random dream based precognition.

Appearance:

5'9; fair skin; actually a brunette; big eyes, full lips, long legs; ten pounds underweight, visible via her collarbones and rib cage. Likes vintage dresses, lace sleeves and faded, worn bags, and body jewelry. She usually has somewhat red eyes and dark circles underneath them from a lack of sleep.​

Personality:

Narrowing down Sonny's personality is nearly impossible -- she has severe mood swings, when she isn't a very quiet neutral, from being influenced by everyone around her. She has lost the ability to separate her own feelings from that of others, as well as spirits, and often seems to be an emotional mess.​

Sweet & Sacrificial : Sun genuinely wants everyone to be at peace, both for herself and for their sake. She will go out of her way to make most people happy, even at the expense of herself, both emotionally and financially. See > Naivety.

Intuitive : Though she may not always get that suggestive joke, she is very aware of changes in atmosphere -- she doesn't always over step her boundaries, and tends to be the sing song warning voice for the others.

Wrong era : Sonny just gives off a different vibe that is sometimes charming, but not always well received. She doesn't seem to ever look her age, and never perfectly blends in, really anywhere -- she is described purely as odd, but those with some understanding would say she's a little 'out of this realm'.

Chameleon; Severe mood swings : Changes to suit others, she is such a raw empath that she has little to no control over this, meaning one moment she's her docile self, and the next she's biting the skin of her fingers off in nervousness, or bawling her eyes out.

Lacks an Identity: She doesn't really know who she is, and all the emotion absorbing leaves her often too drained to try to be herself.

Naive : It takes a lot to get Sonny to give up on you, she can be easy to take advantage of, and is pretty resilient if you know how to get to her heart. She typically doesn't expect the worst of the crew, or more specifically 'her friends' as she refers to them as -- even though not everyone really thinks of her, that way, or at all.

extra: kinda lives off sugar; has a deep, unconditional love for animals; always smells of sage.

Biography:

Sonny comes from a long line of gypsies and 'white witches'; her blood trickled down from generations of occult practices, and with that came the entities her family has aroused over the years, be it via ouija boards or just pure misfortune. Being the most innocently bred of her siblings, she was naturally a target for spirits -- Sonny has a bit of an other worldly entourage, only one of which seems to be friendly, though for the most part they just tease her. She was raised with others under a single mother, knowing a nearly nomadic life since she can remember, never really having that sense of belonging and so she drifts from here to here, trying to make homes out of nothing. Even as she moved, however, she always had an animal of some sort, typically stray cats -- she always attracts cats.

All her life, Sonny has been plagued by night terrors, some of which have played out quite some time later as accurate visions. They range from harmless, like a place she'll visit, to disturbing, like someone's injuries -- but she cannot channel this, nor does she proudly boast about it. She's had insomnia since she was little, often staying up till the haunting hour and always running on a few hours of sleep -- when prescriptions failed to help, she sought out holistic rituals, finding herself a consistent taker of valeria root, echinacea, and different forms of cannabis.

She fatefully met Darius in Pierre, and was recruited not too long after for his wild idea which she, naively eagerly joined up with.​

Relationships:

Darrius -- Sonny has a love/hate relationship with this guy; he's dark, distant, and a bit too fixated on the other side, to the point where he would put her in danger, yet because she can feel his desperation, she often lets him.

Brad -

Kat -

? -

? -

? -

eeeee omg Sonny and Darius! Kat's gonna have so much fun around them! <3

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.