Title is a Work In Progress. (Paranormal)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Super excited to see her, I haven't yet but I already agree lmao. :> <3

Kat's a ball of energy! That's all you need to know! XD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: mango
@mango How many unique traits are our characters allowed to be inclined to at maximum? Kat's still a beginner, so I was thinking she'd be inclined to clairvoyance (as her main), as well as aura reading, clairaudience, and mediumship unless those are already taken/not allowed. ^.^

EDIT: Pretty sure mediumship is taken so I'll actually cross that off XD but yeah, is aura reading and clairaudience cool for the other traits? c:

I also have an extensive detailed thing of her main power clairvoyance, so I hope that's cool as well~

EDIT: ALSO, if anyone's still trying to figure out what their character could do for the crew, here's something I found helpful:

Roles in a Ghost Hunting Team | Ghostly Activities

Last edited:
  • Thank You
  • Useful
Reactions: Lethe and mango
That is an awesome link tysm.

That's all perfectly fine (: Abilities cannot be "taken". I just don't want four solid empaths. Everyone with a unqiueness. I think mediumship would be fine as well, that could be something that is in constant development for her, gives her character something to work on and also leaves her susceptible to spirit influence etc. Not to put words im your mouth, just tossing out an idea. But yeah you're fine(: Detailed thing is fine, if it is like information you copy and pasted you can put it in a titled spoiler but I'm not forcing you.

• Love
Reactions: junebug

mXDr9M.jpg
KATRINA RACHEL LAWSON

"How terrifying - and yet how
exhilarating it is to know that
there are cries in me which
are still unheard."
- Segovia Amil

NAME: Katrina Rachel Lawson aka "Kat"
ROLE: Clairvoyant, Evidence Analyst
OCCUPATION: Spiritual Blogger (Freelance), Energy Healer (Freelance), Life Coach (Full Time)

APPEARANCE:
Katrina is a soulful, content individual. There are always tiny wrinkles around the edges of her eyes from smiling and laughing; she always does her best to be empathetic to her friends and strangers but also has a healthy dose of wariness and cynicism of the world around her. She appears to be a rather hopeful and optimistic individual. Her ears are pierced, left cartilage and both earlobes respectively, and she tends to wear light weight floral print clothing. Katrina has an inverted triangle body shape with wide shoulders and long legs.

Height is approximately 163 cm and weight is approximately 56 kgs. She has long brown hair that flows all the way down to the middle of her shoulder blades in choppy layers. Her lips are smooth and full, eyes a light brown color, and eyebrows dark and slightly curved. She has slightly visible scars on her body here and there from different stunts, usually accommodated by her clumsiness. Bruises are also common and tend to come out of nowhere. Katrina is very happy with herself and her body regardless; she takes great care of it.

BIOGRAPHY:
Katrina's life has always appeared to move along quite smoothly. Her parents had money; Dad was a doctor, Mom was an IT Manager. She did fantastic in high school and higher education; she had a best friend and a near perfect grade average. Katrina, however, was often turbulent and frustrated with herself. It seemed that no matter what she did, her efforts would not be worth the tired smiles and verbal praises of her parents. Brad always seemed to get away without doing much; a fact that left Katrina in the dark and wondering if her parents actually cared. She was extremely hardworking to the point that she'd sometimes forget she even had a life.

She got into Harvard Law School by the extension of a formal invitation and a few scholarships granted at the end of her senior year. Katrina had initially planned to attend but ultimately decided against becoming a lawyer and worked towards becoming a life coach and spiritual blogger instead because she felt inadequate taking on a career as a lawyer. Her site gained traction over time and ended up being the catalyst to her joining a paranormal group outside of her profession. Katrina's full potential has gradually begun to unlock among the group; she's still struggling to realize who she is but often feels a profound sense of peace whenever she's with them.

RELATIONSHIPS:
Brad, Close Brother and Best Friend

SPECIALITIES:
  • Clairvoyance
    • Katrina has the power to gain direct visual information through non-physical means.
    • Katrina can gain a direct visual information about an object, person, location or physical event through means other than the user's physical sight and allows them to act when they are unable to use their eyes and allows them to hear things at distances.
    • Katrina can sense/see/hear spiritual/psychic beings and other person's presence and perceive emotions, thoughts, and memories of others.
    • Users of Clairvoyance can gain many branches of this particular power, ranging from weak to advanced.

• Aura Reading: The power to see the auras of others. The user can perceive auras, normally invisible fields of energy that surround every living thing, this can be used to sense emotions, health, power levels, or the targets moral alignment.
    • They may also be able to sense auras surrounding inanimate objects under special circumstances.

• Clairaudience: The user can hear in a way that isn't connected to their physical senses, on distances beyond their normal ranges or being able to sense sounds that are beyond their normal auditory range.
    • They may be able to hear psychic/spiritual levels/beings.

Some techniques regarding Clairvoyance includes:
  • Dream Scrying: To dream actual ongoing far-off events.
  • Psychic Navigation: To locate people/objects or create a mental map of an area.
  • Shared Vision: To view another user of clairvoyance sight.
  • Visual Linking: To link one's vision to others.

The weaknesses regarding Clairvoyance includes:
  • The users usually have to imagine their targets, no actual images shown.
  • The user requires complete and utter concentration.
  • Clairvoyance may happen abruptly, unexpectedly, or without warning.
  • Other users with the ability of Tracking Evasion may be able to hide from followers and pursuers like those with the ability of Clairvoyance.
OTHER:
None

mXDr9M.jpg
KATRINA RACHEL LAWSON

"How terrifying - and yet how
exhilarating it is to know that
there are cries in me which
are still unheard."
- Segovia Amil

NAME: Katrina Rachel Lawson aka "Kat"
ROLE: Clairvoyant, Evidence Analyst
OCCUPATION: Spiritual Blogger (Freelance), Energy Healer (Freelance), Life Coach (Full Time)

APPEARANCE:
Katrina is a soulful, content individual. There are always tiny wrinkles around the edges of her eyes from smiling and laughing; she always does her best to be empathetic to her friends and strangers but also has a healthy dose of wariness and cynicism of the world around her. She appears to be a rather hopeful and optimistic individual. Her ears are pierced, left cartilage and both earlobes respectively, and she tends to wear light weight floral print clothing. Katrina has an inverted triangle body shape with wide shoulders and long legs.

Height is approximately 163 cm and weight is approximately 56 kgs. She has long brown hair that flows all the way down to the middle of her shoulder blades in choppy layers. Her lips are smooth and full, eyes a light brown color, and eyebrows dark and slightly curved. She has slightly visible scars on her body here and there from different stunts, usually accommodated by her clumsiness. Bruises are also common and tend to come out of nowhere. Katrina is very happy with herself and her body regardless; she takes great care of it.

BIOGRAPHY:
Katrina's life has always appeared to move along quite smoothly. Her parents had money; Dad was a doctor, Mom was an IT Manager. She did fantastic in high school and higher education; she had a best friend and a near perfect grade average. Katrina, however, was often turbulent and frustrated with herself. It seemed that no matter what she did, her efforts would not be worth the tired smiles and verbal praises of her parents. Brad always seemed to get away without doing much; a fact that left Katrina in the dark and wondering if her parents actually cared. She was extremely hardworking to the point that she'd sometimes forget she even had a life.

She got into Harvard Law School by the extension of a formal invitation and a few scholarships granted at the end of her senior year. Katrina had initially planned to attend but ultimately decided against becoming a lawyer and worked towards becoming a life coach and spiritual blogger instead because she felt inadequate taking on a career as a lawyer. Her site gained traction over time and ended up being the catalyst to her joining a paranormal group outside of her profession. Katrina's full potential has gradually begun to unlock among the group; she's still struggling to realize who she is but often feels a profound sense of peace whenever she's with them.

RELATIONSHIPS:
Brad, Close Brother and Best Friend

SPECIALITIES:
  • Clairvoyance
    • Katrina has the power to gain direct visual information through non-physical means.
    • Katrina can gain a direct visual information about an object, person, location or physical event through means other than the user's physical sight and allows them to act when they are unable to use their eyes and allows them to hear things at distances.
    • Katrina can sense/see/hear spiritual/psychic beings and other person's presence and perceive emotions, thoughts, and memories of others.
    • Users of Clairvoyance can gain many branches of this particular power, ranging from weak to advanced.

• Aura Reading: The power to see the auras of others. The user can perceive auras, normally invisible fields of energy that surround every living thing, this can be used to sense emotions, health, power levels, or the targets moral alignment.
    • They may also be able to sense auras surrounding inanimate objects under special circumstances.

• Clairaudience: The user can hear in a way that isn't connected to their physical senses, on distances beyond their normal ranges or being able to sense sounds that are beyond their normal auditory range.
    • They may be able to hear psychic/spiritual levels/beings.

Some techniques regarding Clairvoyance includes:
  • Dream Scrying: To dream actual ongoing far-off events.
  • Psychic Navigation: To locate people/objects or create a mental map of an area.
  • Shared Vision: To view another user of clairvoyance sight.
  • Visual Linking: To link one's vision to others.

The weaknesses regarding Clairvoyance includes:
  • The users usually have to imagine their targets, no actual images shown.
  • The user requires complete and utter concentration.
  • Clairvoyance may happen abruptly, unexpectedly, or without warning.
  • Other users with the ability of Tracking Evasion may be able to hide from followers and pursuers like those with the ability of Clairvoyance.
OTHER:
None

I freakin love her. And feel super compelled to go back and edit the hell outta mine. O_o Spiritual blogger. I love that so much ;-; my characters are just stylish hobos lmao

• Love
I freakin love her. And feel super compelled to go back and edit the hell outta mine. O_o Spiritual blogger. I love that so much ;-; my characters are just stylish hobos lmao

She gets good feels when she's doing blogging =w= So at peace~ Thank you so much! I'm so happy she turned out the way she did hehe~ <3 Your characters are amazing!!!!

• Thank You
She gets good feels when she's doing blogging =w= So at peace~ Thank you so much! I'm so happy she turned out the way she did hehe~ <3 Your characters are amazing!!!!
You definitely inspired me, I hope you don't mind me elaborating on my characters a little like you did, all credits to you. I haven't made a CS in so long ;-;

Gah! Super excited.

• Love
You definitely inspired me, I hope you don't mind me elaborating on my characters a little like you did, all credits to you. I haven't made a CS in so long ;-;

Gah! Super excited.

Omg haha you're such a sweetie! I never thought my work would inspire others; the compliment is much appreciated and you're always welcome to elaborate~ Thank you! ^.^

• Love
@espoir this is exactly why I wanted a group story, honestly -- I got tunnel vision (like Darius lol) and didn't think outside of paranormal for occupations, which is a flaw I am thrilled to fix.

Just a heads up to everyone, I elaborated a little on tidbits, background and occupations for my two characters -- nicknames are the only things y'all may want to look at, for the sake of relationships. But I don't expect you to read every little change, haha. And if either of you want to go ahead and PM me about relationships for our characters, feel free! Or I can PM you. Either or.

Also, was thinking it may be fun if we all chose scents for our characters? What does yours always smell like? I chose sage and sandalwood for my two, you're not obligated to, but I thought it may be an interested tidbit to add. ^^ @Kate @Lethe @neptune , sorry to neptune for all the tags, just trying to keep you involved haha.

Dang, ya'll's characters are adorable. Almost done with ones of the twins. Just need to finish her bio and tweak a few things.

EDIT: The scents thing would definitely be an interesting little thing to add. Now I just want to add little tidbits and trivia to my characters, lol.

• Love
Reactions: mango and junebug
@espoir this is exactly why I wanted a group story, honestly -- I got tunnel vision (like Darius lol) and didn't think outside of paranormal for occupations, which is a flaw I am thrilled to fix.

Just a heads up to everyone, I elaborated a little on tidbits, background and occupations for my two characters -- nicknames are the only things y'all may want to look at, for the sake of relationships. But I don't expect you to read every little change, haha. And if either of you want to go ahead and PM me about relationships for our characters, feel free! Or I can PM you. Either or.

Also, was thinking it may be fun if we all chose scents for our characters? What does yours always smell like? I chose sage and sandalwood for my two, you're not obligated to, but I thought it may be an interested tidbit to add. ^^ @Kate @Lethe @neptune , sorry to neptune for all the tags, just trying to keep you involved haha.

Oooo yes scents!!!!! No one ever seems to care about that and whenever I ask, people are always like "wut" XDDD

I can't decide if lavender or chamomile, probably chamomile because it's lighter, but lavender tho~

• Love
I got a big question for everyone's characters! What's your character's greatest fear?

Kat's greatest fear is being alone.

@mango @Lethe @neptune @Kate

• Love
@Lethe tysm! super excited to see, but don't rush just cause a few CS's are up. we got some time. if you want to, go ahead! have fun with it. I added the basics but everyone can add as much as they like. <3

@espoir Oh gosh. Hmm. thats my fear tbh

Sonny's would be rejection. She's kinda too sweet and clingy, and seems to determine everyone as her friend even when they're not.
Darius, I'd have to say never avenging his family against this spirit, closely accompanied by letting someone in, in fear it would hold him back.

GAH ESPOIR NOW I NEED TO FIND SUITABLE SONGS I DIDNT WANT TO GO THERE BUT NOW ILL BE SPOTIFYING ALL NIGHT

id say lavender lavender is bae but chamo is so nice but lavender

• Love
@Lethe tysm! super excited to see, but don't rush just cause a few CS's are up. we got some time. if you want to, go ahead! have fun with it. I added the basics but everyone can add as much as they like. <3

@espoir Oh gosh. Hmm. thats my fear tbh

Sonny's would be rejection. She's kinda too sweet and clingy, and seems to determine everyone as her friend even when they're not.
Darius, I'd have to say never avenging his family against this spirit, closely accompanied by letting someone in, in fear it would hold him back.

GAH ESPOIR NOW I NEED TO FIND SUITABLE SONGS I DIDNT WANT TO GO THERE BUT NOW ILL BE SPOTIFYING ALL NIGHT

id say lavender lavender is bae but chamo is so nice but lavender

don't worry it's mine too

i loved reading about greatest fears~ AND PLS MAKE A SPOTIFY LIST!
battlefield by svrina is a great one~
(i love spotify so dang much)

lavender it is! you're a great decision maker! XD

• Love
Hmm.

Brad's greatest fear is probably encountering a real spirit and being terrified by it. He's the joker of the group, and he's usually so laid back about everything that he'd want to be cool about actually encountering a spirit, but having never really experienced it, he's not sure how he'd react. It'd really screw with his pride if he was genuinely scared by a ghost.

He probably smells a bit like grease and cheap aftershave/deodorant (I'm thinking Lynx Africa/Axe Kilo specifically).

• Love
Reactions: junebug and mango
Hmm.

Brad's greatest fear is probably encountering a real spirit and being terrified by it. He's the joker of the group, and he's usually so laid back about everything that he'd want to be cool about actually encountering a spirit, but having never really experienced it, he's not sure how he'd react. It'd really screw with his pride if he was genuinely scared by a ghost.

He probably smells a bit like grease and cheap aftershave/deodorant (I'm thinking Lynx Africa/Axe Kilo specifically).

Axe Kilo ;-; shipping brad wt myself now

don't worry it's mine too

i loved reading about greatest fears~ AND PLS MAKE A SPOTIFY LIST!
battlefield by svrina is a great one~
(i love spotify so dang much)

lavender it is! you're a great decision maker! XD

Same I just wish they didnt want money to skip a darn song
But yeah everyone is welcome to offer a song that fits their char I probs will

Well i waited all night to talk to the boyfriend just to be ditched for a pvp so Imma head to bed and hit check on things tomorrow! Hope you guys have a chill night <3

I looked up Axe Kilo oml. Coconut, hazelnut, and caramel all in one? Yummy! No wonder Brad's so attractive.

6185683_1.jpeg

Lore keeper/researcher || Librarian || Self-proclaimed Historian

Spiritual Identification:

Psychometry || Mild, Sporadic Precognitive Dreams || Mild Clairsentience
(all abilities unrecognized)
Appearance:
Wren stands at a cozy 5'3" with a slender frame, though her tendency to slouch makes her appear smaller. Her round face serves to emphasize her large, blue eyes, though her dark, messy hair has a tendency to fall over her face and hide this feature. Wren isn't the type to try and stand out. She dresses in loose, oversized clothing -- often her brother's stolen hoodies -- and wears little to no make up. Despite this, she has a love for novelty jewelry, as evidenced in the abundant necklaces and rings she enjoys wearing.

Personality:

At first glance, Wren comes off as a demure individual who prefers the company of books than people. This is only partly true. She's reserved and thoughtful, often avoiding direct conversation with unfamiliar people, not out of rudeness, but merely awkwardness. However, Wren is a woman of action than words. She's a curious individual, the constant need to know fueling a surprisingly adventurous side of her. When around those that know her well, Wren exhibits a dry sense of humor that's spoken so casually that one must wonder whether or not she's joking. She's secretive about personal details, even around her brother, as she worries that they might burden those around her. Though studious, her tendency to overwork leads her to subconsciously neglect her own well being.

Biography:
Born and raised in the sleepy town of New Springs, Colorado, the Cormen twins specialized in raising hell on their small family farm. Their childhood was a cheerful one, most days spent wandering around the vast expanse of woods that surrounded their property and taking care of the various animals they kept around. Life, for the most part, was normal.

However, there were times where Wren would get violently ill without anything being physically wrong with her. These moments usually arose when she was in certain areas places or after particularly awful dreams. These grew more frequent the older Wren got, but she was frequently dismissed by her parents as faking it to skip school. After a few too many accusations, Wren learned to refrain from speaking up about these sensations. A trait she kept even when she finally moved out for college.

It was Wyatt that pulled Wren towards the paranormal. Upon graduation, the two parted ways -- Wren for school, Wyatt for...well, whatever Wyatt wanted to do. Though the two kept in close contact, it was still a surprise when Wyatt called Wren in the middle of the night asking about some old farmhouse murders. Compelled by curiosity (and a past favor yet to be repaid), Wren was more than happy to comply. Soon, she found a steady role in providing information to her brother and his strange, ghost-chasing companions. When Wren finally graduated, she moved out to be closer to her brother and ended up tagging along on a few investigations, before officially joining the team.

Relationships:
Wyatt Cormen:
Twin brother, best friend, and partner-in-crime.

Brad Halliday:
Distant, but friendly. Occasional ally/enemy in the sibling prank war.

Darius "Black Flame" Bodaway Sampson:
Fellow reckless adventurer. "Ask-No-Questions" sort of friendship.

Sonny "Sun; Snow White; Crazy cat lady" Rae:
There in her good days, distant on her bad. Finds her fascinating.

Katrina "Kat" Rachel Lawson:

Maxine Marsh:

Oren Blair:

Extra:
-Prone to headaches and nausea, especially in areas of high activity. Always carries a bottle of aspirin just in case.
-Smells of old books, petrichor, and coffee.
-Greatest fear is losing the people she loves.

Last edited by a moderator:

6185683_1.jpeg

Lore keeper/researcher || Librarian || Self-proclaimed Historian

Spiritual Identification:

Psychometry || Mild, Sporadic Precognitive Dreams || Mild Clairsentience
(all abilities unrecognized)
Appearance:
Wren stands at a cozy 5'3" with a slender frame, though her tendency to slouch makes her appear smaller. Her round face serves to emphasize her large, blue eyes, though her dark, messy hair has a tendency to fall over her face and hide this feature. Wren isn't the type to try and stand out. She dresses in loose, oversized clothing -- often her brother's stolen hoodies -- and wears little to no make up. Despite this, she has a love for novelty jewelry, as evidenced in the abundant necklaces and rings she enjoys wearing.

Personality:

At first glance, Wren comes off as a demure individual who prefers the company of books than people. This is only partly true. She's reserved and thoughtful, often avoiding direct conversation with unfamiliar people, not out of rudeness, but merely awkwardness. However, Wren is a woman of action than words. She's a curious individual, the constant need to know fueling a surprisingly adventurous side of her. When around those that know her well, Wren exhibits a dry sense of humor that's spoken so casually that one must wonder whether or not she's joking. She's secretive about personal details, even around her brother, as she worries that they might burden those around her. Though studious, her tendency to overwork leads her to subconsciously neglect her own well being.

Biography:
Born and raised in the sleepy town of New Springs, Colorado, the Cormen twins specialized in raising hell on their small family farm. Their childhood was a cheerful one, most days spent wandering around the vast expanse of woods that surrounded their property and taking care of the various animals they kept around. Life, for the most part, was normal.

However, there were times where Wren would get violently ill without anything being physically wrong with her. These moments usually arose when she was in certain areas places or after particularly awful dreams. These grew more frequent the older Wren got, but she was frequently dismissed by her parents as faking it to skip school. After a few too many accusations, Wren learned to refrain from speaking up about these sensations. A trait she kept even when she finally moved out for college.

It was Wyatt that pulled Wren towards the paranormal. Upon graduation, the two parted ways -- Wren for school, Wyatt for...well, whatever Wyatt wanted to do. Though the two kept in close contact, it was still a surprise when Wyatt called Wren in the middle of the night asking about some old farmhouse murders. Compelled by curiosity (and a past favor yet to be repaid), Wren was more than happy to comply. Soon, she found a steady role in providing information to her brother and his strange, ghost-chasing companions. When Wren finally graduated, she moved out to be closer to her brother and ended up tagging along on a few investigations, before officially joining the team.

Relationships:
Wyatt Cormen:
Twin brother, best friend, and partner-in-crime.

Extra:
-Prone to headaches and nausea, especially in areas of high activity. Always carries a bottle of aspirin just in case.
-Smells of old books, petrichor, and coffee.
-Greatest fear is losing the people she loves.

Here's one of two! Wrote this at like 1AM, so hopefully it makes sense.
Wren is a doll. Lovely and super well thought out.

• Thank You
Reactions: Lethe
For those of you curious, Kat's last name is different than Brad's because she married someone a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.