• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what about the history? You never actually gave me a yes or no on the idea. While I rewrite some language.
Ah right! Thanks for reminding me. I was so focused on the technical aspects of it that I didn't really talk about the Bio. Vague Bios are fine with me. Once again, using Aenimus as an example, her bio is vague and it works out nicely. However, I still know some of her character's background. I know you told me in more detail via PM but a bit more about the character would be nice, even if it is vague.

Also I do like the added language (French right?) as it gives the CS a bit of flair, but I really don't see it as fitting within the world. Call me a hack but language has never really been a huge part when developing this RP. If you want an accent, that works perfectly fine with me.

Ah right! Thanks for reminding me. I was so focused on the technical aspects of it that I didn't really talk about the Bio. Vague Bios are fine with me. Once again, using Aenimus as an example, her bio is vague and it works out nicely. However, I still know some of her character's background. I know you told me in more detail via PM but a bit more about the character would be nice, even if it is vague.

Also I do like the added language (French right?) as it gives the CS a bit of flair, but I really don't see it as fitting within the world. Call me a hack but language has never really been a huge part when developing this RP. If you want an accent, that works perfectly fine with me.
I like French. I grew up in Europe. I was born in Liverpool, in England. And French is part of my heritage; my RL name is after Jene Perry Clyde. [yes I am the asshole who uses my real name online] I get all excited and starry eyed when it comes to Fantasy RPs. So I get all happy to bust out a little French here and there because it sounds fancy. And I love fancy titles. I'll be honest, Crooked Cursed Blade, doesn't have as nice of a flair in the American tongue as it does in French.

That's the only reason it exist.

So, what I did with the weaknesses is I separated out the vague detail, which is my Because and then added the Affect.

So Because of X Condition, Y Affect Happens. Hope that works.

I am kind into flowery pose fancy language. Sorry.

Do you want me to PM you more information?

Also I'm throwing out the language weakness because it doesn't really fit the character. As said earlier, I just threw it in there because I was drawing a blank on his fourth weakness. Except, what I am thinking of his fourth weaknesses is that he lets his pain control him sometimes.

So he often appears as this calculated, cold and level headed assassin and for the most part he is. But when his arm is in pain, he often tries to rush things. Its why he's been nearly caught by the night guard as expressed in the letters. Or why some people have accidentally seen him. Or why some of his kills he leaves big glaring errors. I like this Idea. Give me your thoughts.

@Slade

I'm just throwing out ideas at this point. Because I honestly am still drawing a blank with that fourth weaknesses. The language weakness just seems so out of left wing.

Yet I don't want to make everything centered around the sword's curse

but then its a glaring oversight with how pain affects the character

but then he could simply know how to phase it out

but then if the pain is that pissing annoying, than could he really just phase it out. Knowing me and my mental health issues, while not entirely the same people seek self medication and it often does affect them whether or not they want to think about it

Then my character feels too centered around a gimmick

Gah let the overthinking commence

• Thank You
Reactions: Sir Salty
Your character is pretty light. at like 130 pounds right? What about him not being able to take that many hits, or just generally gets thrown around a lot in combat

cheeky

That works, thank you.

So I added the things about his poisons as wells now.

Also. Did you want me to PM extra information on his history? Or add more history to his sheet?

@Clyde Actually, I just had a thought... I don't know if you want to use it... but, what if your character self-medicates the pain, if you want the ability to phase it out... It offers a new dynamic of how the medication might affect them on different levels, perhaps mentally or socially or physically when he is on or off of them and how the pain is muted or present when they are being used/absent :D ... just a thought *cough*

@Clyde Actually, I just had a thought... I don't know if you want to use it... but, what if your character self-medicates the pain, if you want the ability to phase it out... It offers a new dynamic of how the medication might affect them on different levels, perhaps mentally or socially or physically when he is on or off of them and how the pain is muted or present when they are being used/absent :D ... just a thought *cough*

Damn it. You come up to me with such a good idea after I wrote another weakness in about being light framed. I just didn't want the whole pain thing to be a gimmick.

Do you know how annoying that be for a character to constantly whine about his stupid arm? <----okay its a very big thing about his character BUT.....I am exaggerating and over thinking

Let's see we have:
- A torturer/healer/interrogator
- A stern magic-fearing knight
- A battle-crazy mercenary
- A trusting elemental mage
- A ranger/assassin/inventor of mysterious past and little words
- An assassin with a mysterious background and cursed equipment (partially WIP?)

@Slade added one more strength to Jeanna. I hope that is not a problem!

- An assassin with a mysterious background and cursed equipment (partially WIP?)
Well @Slade; I just updated the information and hammered out the details. He should be done now and I'll go ahead and PM you the history.

Just a side note, I did get carried away. So there's that

Damn it. You come up to me with such a good idea after I wrote another weakness in about being light framed. I just didn't want the whole pain thing to be a gimmick.

Do you know how annoying that be for a character to constantly whine about his stupid arm? <----okay its a very big thing about his character BUT.....I am exaggerating and over thinking
Lol, well, I could see it being a very interesting foundation to build upon. Between Coby's alchemy and Renvar's medicine, it could offer up some interesting dynamics between the three characters in the future of the RP to see how we come to manage your self-medication and pain, if we so choose to take that path : P

Lol, well, I could see it being a very interesting foundation to build upon. Between Coby's alchemy and Renvar's medicine, it could offer up some interesting dynamics between the three characters in the future of the RP to see how we come to manage your self-medication and pain, if we so choose to take that path : P

Fuck it! You've convinced me!

@Clyde thank you for detailing your strengths and weaknesses out. I'll have no issues with them. The history you PM'ed me earlier is also fine.

@Clyde thank you for detailing your strengths and weaknesses out. I'll have no issues with them. The history you PM'ed me earlier is also fine.

Oh....shit because I just sent you a big history

yup, just read it. Its fine

yup, just read it. Its fine
Fantastic.

Now, which weakness did you like better?

The one, I just put the Light Frame one

Or the other one, Aen, something about self medication

I'm sorry, do I seem obsessive or neurotic right now. I just want to make sure he's nice and polished and I'm also way excited for this.

edit- better yet I'd like it to develop through the RP?

So don't answer that question. Sorry I am all giddy

I PM'd Slade with my interest and character idea, and I should have her up soon!

Reactions: Dovahkiin
okay Everybody! An Update!

The OOC post has been changed. First off, the code is still wonky as all hell but I've managed to fix all the formatting issues for now, so the Gyrus NPC list actually looks decent. 2nd off, Speaking of Gyrus, I've added a new NPC in the Gyrus list. So check that out. Thirdly, there is now a new tab, the "Cast of Heroes" tab that currently has a list of all the PC's that have been accepted.

I've been asked by another player when the IC will be coming up. I'm still waiting on two more people, @Dovahkiin and @kimsim12 and then I'm hoping for maybe two more players to help my paranoia about that initial drop-out rate. So I'm guessing maybe a week.

• Useful
Reactions: Sir Salty
Know I'm double-posting but don't care. This is a big announcement worthy of its own Post.

As you all know. I've been having some severe issues with getting the formatting working. The BBCode has been cumbersome and at times rage inducing. I've been told that it's a result of a few bugs that haven't been flushed out by the last update from Iwaku. So it hasn't really looked as well as I've wished it to.

You can all thank @Snowball for the way it looks now. Seriously, she performed some Black Magic because she was able to take the wonky code and turn it into something really slick. I never asked her to do it and she took free time out of her day to do it anyway. So please thank her for the hard work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.