The Wilborough Helpers Association [OOC] [Potterverse]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, only @Boss Megu confirmed so I'll take it that @You would have Luke go on his own somewhere and I think @Kythera's having Hana come but I'm not sure if she's coming to Shrieking Shack. I'm fine with just Syl and Ama and we're on standby for it but I'd like to confirm first.

Sorry, I've just been thinking more than necessary on trying to figure out what to have Luke do. Having the three regulars go off on their own seems against the spirit of the trip though.

I honestly considered having him call everyone out for grouping up with people they already know, lol. Luke probably won't join Team Shrieking Shack for that reason. I'll try and have a post up today, though

Honestly, just because Dorothy says something doesn't mean the follow their every whim. Maybe the lure of a haunted house distracted them so they head off to see it. All it means is they'll get a telling off by Dorothy later, no biggie. If it's too difficult to group up now just go with whoever else is offering.

Um I'm confused, what is the plan now?
I just offered to have the remaining group "check" Shrieking Shack after their own itineraries. It's not necessary or anything, just a suggestion. Wanna come?

They (Syl, Ama, Luke, Hana and possibly Oleg) may go off on their own adventure in Hogsmeade and probably run into each other on the way to the Three Broomsticks. The Shrieking Shack is along the road from the intersection that goes to their rendezvous point so it's not that hard to imagine.
oowlv4X.jpg

Shrieking Shack is the lone rickety house in the north. The Three Broomsticks is that little building at the corner of the intersection (with three broomsticks), south of that um, park-like area.

For reference, Syl would be standing at that intersection for a while, eyeing the Shack. He's curious about the sounds from it, worried that it's a creature that's badly hurt. He'll be standing there for
about five minutes before marching off to the Shack. Nope, this guy isn't Gryffindor.

@You @Kythera @Boss Megu

Honestly, just because Dorothy says something doesn't mean the follow their every whim. Maybe the lure of a haunted house distracted them so they head off to see it. All it means is they'll get a telling off by Dorothy later, no biggie. If it's too difficult to group up now just go with whoever else is offering.

Crap, I thought I had responded. I mean what you're saying makes sense. Luke is just the kind of person to take that sort of thing seriously. Like if there was a purpose behind the trip, he feels it should fulfill it. But hey, If Dorothy isn't going to say anything right then and there, he'll get over it.

I'll have him join Team Shack. He just wouldn't be the one initiate it, so I'll follow your lead, @Mippu

LOLOLOL. I missed a lot huh. I'll post sometime today too. Maybe after Syl. :3

So! How goes it, friends? Shrieking shack team being too scary? Is there a secret collab?

So! How goes it, friends? Shrieking shack team being too scary? Is there a secret collab?
Working on my draft right now! So sorry.

Update: Draft is up~ Syl will be marching off to Shrieking Shack really soon so if you want to come, please catch up to him now! Also, @Ythania I think Madame Dorothy might just hear of it since Syl attracted some attention just standing at the intersection.

I've edited my post about the years and found out that Syl started at Hogwarts when the Marauders were on their last. Gods, he's old. But that means he was there at the time Remus used the Shack but in his next years, it was already quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Ythania
@Boss Megu @Kythera @You @Mippu @DANAsaur @Jessikka

Right. Im getting the feeling that this part is a bit tricky to write out, and im not too sure i like the dwindling activity on here. So first off this is an activity check - reply and say hi so i know you're still with me. We've got two options.

1: we skip to the three broomsticks and have lunch, I start the afternoon event very shortly after.

2: we skip Hogsmesde altogether and I can start the next day and give you all a proper mission.

Regardless of what you pick we'll be put into a group again. Im sorry for those who have been waiting for a while, hopefully this will work. Don't give up!

A new post will be mafe as soon as everyone has decided .

@WitchcraftIsScience Oleg has been too quiet, this is a final notification before he is removed from the RP.

As a side note, if more than 2 people Have to drop out, we'll re-open signups real quick.

And on unrelated topics, is there any 'dream mission' you want to put your characters through? In what precise way do you want them to suffer or shine? Im pretty curious!

• Thank You
Reactions: Banana-senpai
I'm still here! And in my opinion, I think it would be best to skip to the three broomsticks and have lunch. They could all interact and talked about stuff to get to know each other better. Perhaps someone could ask a general question like "What's the silliest thing you did back in Hogwarts?". I think ot would be fun for them to embarrass themselves and stuff xD

Oh and my dream mission for Mishy is going to the dark forest to find a strange plant! I want Mishy to scream and get swallowed by a huge plant so the rest of the group will panic and won't know what to do xD

Hi, I still exist, but I'm curiously having a really hard time writing Ama right now. :O I think I can get a post up somewhere tonight or tomorrow, but it's going to be incredibly...I don't know yet. But I'm certain I can get something done.

I'm mostly up for the lunch in the three broomstick. :U It would be total waste to miss the entire day's activity.

That said, my dream mission for Ama is to face someone in battle or on a mission where they attempt to steal/kidnap/bewitch/curse/hex/flirt Sylvester and Ama's temper snaps and she partially transforms and starts throwing fireballs and ignoring everyone else except the person attempting steal/kidnap/bewitch/curse/hex Sylvester by attempting to turn them into ash. Or where they'd be trapped somewhere and Ama get's down and dirty to break the ward, but because tunnel vision, she isn't quite aware of any magical creatures wanting to eat her or the fact they're trying to protect Ama from stray spells and when she's done, she'd go, "what did I miss?" Or something like that. XD

Well, it wouldn't just be Syl she'd go full harpy on anyway. :P She'd harpy for Madame Wilborough and the greenies too. Oh and Luke. /shot XDDD

Last edited by a moderator:
1: we skip to the three broomsticks and have lunch, I start the afternoon event very shortly after.

2: we skip Hogsmesde altogether and I can start the next day and give you all a proper mission.

Regardless of what you pick we'll be put into a group again. Im sorry for those who have been waiting for a while, hopefully this will work. Don't give up!

A new post will be mafe as soon as everyone has decided .
Yes, thank you. I feel stupid for partly causing the silence.
@WitchcraftIsScience Oleg has been too quiet, this is a final notification before he is removed from the RP.

As a side note, if more than 2 people Have to drop out, we'll re-open signups real quick.
@IntrusivePenDesperateSword is still around though, right?

And on unrelated topics, is there any 'dream mission' you want to put your characters through? In what precise way do you want them to suffer or shine? Im pretty curious!
I want to do a mission, that's all. Syl's a regular so he doesn't need to shine. He's good support and he'll tend to the creatures anyway. It's funny how two of the missions you posted can be easily solved by combining them, Syl-style.

Aww, @Mippu don't feel bad for yourself! You never caused anything. My disappearing meant that I drove Jess and Dana into a hole which they couldn't get out of, then I suppose...the rest of you dug another hole and jumped in there. Now we're both in holes. I think. But don't worry, I'm throwing down some rope ladders as we speak!

This metaphor is getting out of hand.

I assumed IPDS would be a bit busy as it is still undoubtedly summertime, and I hope they're having lots of fun in the sun. (Hiii by the way) There was also one other person, I believe a friend of Kythera's, who JUST missed the opening but if Oleg is out of the game and we lose another one then they'll be the first two I offer those spots to. So, uh, @IntrusivePenDesperateSword @Pasi - Door's open.

I'm just wondering if you want something action based OR some participation in the spring festival out front. I think we've had a lot of domestic, peaceful RP but I'm not too sure if I want to plunge headlong into some fighting. Thoughts?

I'm still around (I mean you could just ask me IRL but it's good to tell everyone else too) and a good mission would be any one where I can have Emily fight - just so that I can figure out (sooner rather than later) how to transfer how Mia (a prior character of mine that Emily is based off) fights into how Emily fights, because Mia was a soldier, and Emily is a.. A graduate with no job.

I've a FEW ideas, but we'll see when I actually write out a fighting scene, as the only official fighter, I'm sure she feels a sort of responsibility to protect everyone (even though they're probably all capable of protecting themselves)

And I think the main issue with the activity is because we had everyone split up under the idea that they go off and mingle, but no-one really wants to leave everyone and take initiative to walk away from the group. So I think the best way to keep this thread active is to keep them mostly together.

Reactions: Ythania
Status
Not open for further replies.