The Walking Dead - Among the Ruined [March to Death]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny - Natchez - Emma/Holly - Damian/Rob/Fan/Reese/Elliot

"Who... is this?" Holly asked hesitantly, trying to read the expression on Danny's face. He gave her a sidelong look in response, reaching up awkwardly to rub at his neck. He'd neglected to shave in the last few weeks and his beard was getting more unruly by the day. He ran his hand through the dark bristles, lamenting on the last time he saw Emma. Months ago, wasn't it? Everything was different then. Shannon had been by his side. Enrique's men had said that Emma slipped away during their capture, but for her to have ended up here was nothing short of providence. Danny hadn't been a religious guy for the majority of his life, but he had to admit something felt profound about this moment.

Standing upright, Emma moved in to give Danny a hug, an action unexpected by the male. He stood there awkwardly, looking embarrassed with their physical position. A cool wind passed by, sending a chill up Danny's spine and reminding him of his lack of clothing. "Her name's Emma," Danny muttered as she stepped away. "Emma, this is Holly. Been with her for a few months now. We, uh..." Looking down at his bare legs, Danny tried not to laugh at himself. "Let's head inside for now. That fucking alarm might have drawn a few biters."

As they entered the second floor apartment of the house, the smell of cooking wafted by. "I made some food," Holly said energetically, moving into the small living room to check on her food. "One can should be enough for all three of us, if you're hungry, Emma." As Holly prepared to give the rest of the cooked beans to Emma, Danny excused himself to actually get dressed. He came out a few moments later his black leather jacket and jeans, a side arm pistol holstered at his side. Eyeing one of the plastic containers with food greedily, Danny grabbed one and hunkered down on the couch in the middle of the room. "So..." Emily said, leaning over the head rest of the couch. "Guess you guys might want to catch up, huh?"

Swallowing down a mouthful of beans, Danny shook his head. "Well, I don't know. Uh... well, fuck. Where would I begin? You should know that we have three others with us. You remember Rob, right...? There's also a guy named Damian-- don't touch his sword-- and Elliot. He's deaf, but don't be weird about it." He paused for a moment, considering asking Emma first what happened to her since they last saw each other. He didn't really want to talk about what happened to him.

The conversation was not able to progress further beyond that, as the sound of heavy footsteps upon the stairs outside the door put both Danny and Holly on alert. A hand on his gun, Danny glared daggers at the door as it slammed open, revealing a flustered Damian. He stared at Emma in confusion, looking temporarily stunned by her presence. "Who is..." Blinking, he looked between Danny and Holly. Apparently deciding that figuring out who this girl was could wait, Damian pointed outside. "We have to go. Now. Horde passing right by the house."

Rolling his eyes with a swear, Danny turned to Holly. "Grab the food and leave the rest. I'll grab our weapons. Follow us, Emma." A flurry of movement erupted throughout the apartment as Danny, Holly, and Damian gathered what they could. They were rushing out of the building in a few minutes, Danny stopping outside the doorway to get a look at the apparent horde heading their way. They were still rather far, but a line of them was visibly stumbling down the road. "Danny, come on," Damian said sternly, gesturing to the sedan parked across the street. "We're splitting the supplies between both the vehicles so we can fit everyone."

Eyeing the group taking the supplies out of the parked car, Danny found his eyes drawn to one person in particular. He felt his stomach turning into knots as he approached the group, the bespectacled woman at the side staring back at him. Her eyes drifted to Emma and a grateful smile passed her lips. "Emma... Oh, Emma, I'm so glad you're safe. I knew I'd reach you eventually." Danny didn't know how she knew Emma, but that was probably the least weird thing about this. As far as Danny was aware, he was staring at a dead woman. The woman seemed to not be acknowledging him, which spurned an anger in Danny like he hadn't felt in quite some time. He took one angry step toward her before he was stopped by Elliot, who's hands were flying faster than Danny could read

"Please, Rudy, we don't have time for that. We'll explain later, but we have to get going."

Staring at his friend, Danny didn't bother to hide his blossoming feelings of anger. He closed his eyes for a moment, trying to focus on the dire situation before them. If anything, maybe this meant Danny had something to live for. "Okay."

"Okay, everyone, move, move move!" Damian was directing everyone into the vehicles now that all the supplies had been moved. He pointed to an Asian woman that Danny didn't recognize. "Fan, lead the way to this safe house of yours, all right? Taking as many turns as possible so we can shake the walkers."

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: SheriffLlama
Lia - Fallout Shelter - Floyd, Jess, Heather, Joe, and Enrique

An immediate pang of guilt inflicted Lia's heart when she heard the baby crying. The young adult furrowed her brows and cursed under her breath repeatedly.

Damn it, damn it, damn it! Even if this is a trick, there's no way they could fake a baby crying!

"Tch, what chance does a baby have to survive in this world anyhow? Or why would it even want to survive? Leaving it out there and putting it out of its misery before it has to grow up and learn what this cruel world is all about would be doing it a favor," Lia grumbled, reaching up to squeeze the bridge of her nose. She scowled. Her comment almost sounded as if she really was going to leave the group outside whether they had a baby with them or not.

But, damn it, I'm not that kind of person.

"Too bad I'm not really in the mood to give it a favor like that."

Stepping forward, Lia reached out to grab onto the door of the shelter. She turned the handle, and the door squeaked as she pulled it open. Renegade watched this, his ears perking up as he saw the outside before them.

"Hurry up and get your asses in here before I change my mind!" Lia shouted, rapidly gesturing for them to move into the shelter.

@Josh M @Lady Myst @-QT-

• Bucket of Rainbows
Fan- Natchez- Danny, Reese, Rob, Elliot, Emma, Holly.

Fan, was going to tell Reese yes, when suddenly the dead swarmed them. As One of them was about to grab and bite Reese, In a fluid motion, Fan pulls out her staff, thrusting it over Reese's shoulder, and into the monster's Jaw, and out past the brain, before recoiling .

"No time, Reese. My name is Fan. Follow that group. I'll get the rear. I can old them off"

As the group she was with started to panic, Fan was called on for the use of her safehouse. Now she was nervous. Three people? That's cool. More than three? It could be an issue. However, the Doctor nodded, pulling out a flare gun from her pack, she handed it to Elliot, signing to him.

"The cars might make too much noise, fire it if you need time."

Fan would leave, moving towards her Prius. turning it on.

"If any of you are riding with me, come on. Just to warn you all, I do have other people at the safehouse."

@C.T. @SheriffLlama @Atomyk

Joe-The bunker- Floyd, Enrique, Heather, Lia, Ben and Jess

Getting Jess, the baby, and Heather was the goal. When Joe got in, he looked at Lia. She could now see how badly his injuries were. However, He just smiled

"Calling it a little close there, Lia. I gotta say though, I knew you'd do the right thing."

Petting Reengaged, Joe would take a sigh of relief.

@Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Lady Myst @HellHoundWoof @-QT-

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Enrique-The Shelter-Hank, Aubrey, Jess, Lia, Joe, Heather, ETC
Enrique watched as Floyd did one of the bravest things anyone could do, he ran like a crazy man to distract walkers. He was leaving the woman and the baby behind, he was saving them. Enrique watched the redneck move quickly past walkers, knocking some aside.

"Crazy gringo," Enrique said as he pushed a walker back. He heard the sound of metal screeching and looked behind him, the door was opening. Enrique smiled and knelt down to the woman with the baby. She was burying her face in the infant, both seemed to be crying. He put his hand under her chin and forced her to look at him. The image before her was not the man she had seen earlier, he wore the blood of some walkers and he knew he looked frightening.

"Get inside that shelter now," He said his voice slightly elevated but clear, "The door is open lady!"

Enrique stood and grabbed his rifle from the ground and tossed it to Joe, the man caught it and helped the ladies inside. Enrique watched as they moved quickly inside, the baby was safe. He began moving into the shelter himself then heard a scream.He heard a shout for Hank, it angered him that someone else was out here. He looked back and saw Aubrey, walkers had gotten close and she was stabbing at the ones around her. Enrique briefly looked back to see the people in the shelter. He exited the door and began sprinting towards Aubrey. He watched as a few walkers turned his way, he took a millisecond to pause before he swung through its head, cutting the top clean off. He moved closer to Aubrey and forced a walker out of his way as he moved. He got close enough to strike at the ones near her, he swung high. The spike of the axe landing in the top of a walkers head. He pulled his axe down and to the side moving the corpse away and preparing for a second swing. He connected and buried his axe in the jaw of one of the walkers.

"Fuck this." Enrique said, he reached behind his back and pulled his pistol. By the time he was done they'd all be inside. He put the barrel flush to the walker that still held his axe and squeezed the trigger. It's brains splattered and he pried the axe from its head. He looked at Aubrey for a brief second and brushed some of the blood from his face. He crouched down and picked her up over his shoulders, she wasnt terribly heavy. He sprinted towards the shelter door, a few walkers got in his path and he raised his right hand. His index finger squeezed and one fell, he squeezed again and another fell. A third caught a bullet in the shoulder before it's head snapped back. Enrique jogged into the shelter and set Aubrey down before helping the rest to close the door. He looked around for the one person he didnt know, he looked her dead in the eyes. The little blonde girl, and her dog. Enrique felt anger brewing in him, he stared her down. His right hand shook slightly from how tightly he was grasping his pistol, the temptation to use it again was more than he wanted. His face, arms, shirt, and hands were all splattered with the blood of the previously undead. In his left hand was his axe, it dripped with blood. He continued to stare down the small girl. She had almost gotten all of them killed, had it not been for Floyd running like a madman they would likely be dead. The baby too. He began to step towards her but Aubrey placed herself between the him and Lia. Enrique looked down at her and calmed himself, he wasnt going to forget how she almost let them die but acting on it now would be dumb. He wiped his pistol on a clean patch of his shirt and tucked it in his beltline. He looked down at his axe and quickly fastened it to his belt, he wanted to seem as calm as possible.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Aubrey - The Shelter - Enrique/Jess/Lia/Joe/Heather/etc

After being set down in the shelter, Aubrey had to quickly intervene, not having a moment to breathe. The girl was covered in blood of the dead and wanted nothing more than to go and sit in a corner and reevaluate her life's decisions. Instead, here she was, toe to toe with the man that just rescued her so that he wouldn't go and do something he would soon regret. Luckily, she managed to do it before anyone else got the balls to do it. She figured if Joe tried or if the blonde girl tried to defend herself, Enrique wouldn't of taken things so lightly.

"She let everyone in. It's been done, let it go. She was shot at and chased for fuck's sake." Her voice was calm and collected which betrayed her body language and look in her eyes. "If you want to be pissed at someone, be pissed at her," Aubrey motioned towards Jess, shooting her a glare. "If it wasn't for her, things would've played out a little more nice and Floyd probably wouldn't have ran off." Aubrey turned her attention back to Enrique and then looked over at Joe. "We're going to stay put until Hank comes back.... And someone's got to help me with my bullet wound. It stings a lot and it started bleeding again." 'And I can't shoot my bow with my arm like this' she thought as she looked down at her bicep.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Lia - Fallout Shelter - Joe, Aubrey, Jess, Heather, and Enrique
Once the group had begun to make their way into her shelter, the first person Lia took any notice to was Joe with his injuries. She folded her arms and scowled, however, looking away when he told her he knew she would do the right thing. "Yeah, well, right and wrong are a little blurred together these days so you can't blame me for struggling to figure out what I should do." Meanwhile, Renegade, remembering Joe, wagged his tale and nudged the man's hand when he felt Joe start to pet him. The dog whined though, uncomfortable with how injured the man was.

After hearing Renegade whine, Lia's focused returned to his wounds. "I guess since you're in here, and there are some supplies, we may as well patch you up, huh?" Before she could move to locate her first aid supplies, however, the blonde was caught off guard by Enrique's death stare directed at her. She hotly glared back at him, her eyes turning stormy once again. Renegade protectively glanced at Lia before looking over at Enrique and growling in a low tone. "Why are you looking at me like I just insulted your mother? It's like your friend here just said: your people shot at me. You're lucky your group did have a baby or I wouldn't have let you in here at all." Asshole, she thought. This is exactly why I try to avoid being around any people at all.

"But anyhow, let's not blame anyone," Lia added upon hearing Aubrey state who exactly they should be blaming. "Blaming someone and causing issues of arguing in here, leading to more fighting and possibly deaths is really stupid. Living fighting the living is the dumbest thing I've ever heard when there are far worse things out there to deal with." She grumbled, finally moving over to a cabinet so she could look for the first aid supplies. "I guess Joe won't be the only one getting patched up then," Lia mumbled upon hearing Aubrey mention her bullet wound.

@Josh M @HellHoundWoof @Wolverbells

Joe - Shelter - Lia, Enrique, Audrey, Heather and Jess.

Joe laid on the floor as Audrey made her comments blaming Jess, then when Lia made her own, Joe sat up

"This isn't anyone's fault. Lia is right, there is no need to fight. Lia, take care of Audrey ' s wounds. Heather or Jess can patch my shoulder.

Joe seem confident, but he was tired wed, and everyone could see it. He was weary.

@HellHoundWoof @Wolverbells @Lady Myst @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

• Bucket of Rainbows
Nathan - Morgantown Community - Alannah, Claiborne
He half-expected her reaction. There was nothing for him to say in response. His gaze went to the exit, knowing that Alannah will still stay in touch with Claiborne. He could not blame her, not with the relationship the two had. Looking back at her his expression was serious. "I know you have a close relationship with him, but you need to listen. Clay is not the man you've imagined him to be. At least be careful.." He added a simple kiss to her forehead before exiting the offfice.

Shutting the door behind him, Claiborne was waiting. If anything, the old man could see his expression. Despite his urge to talk about the matters regarding the safety for the Community, and what Claiborne did, he eventually spoke up. "So, whats this about Melanie?" He asked, before walking down the hallway, making his way towards the exit with Claiborne. "What truth will you be sharing with her?"

@Wolverbells @-QT-

• Bucket of Rainbows
Dr. Fan - Natchez - Emma/Holly - Damian/Rob/Danny/Reese/Elliot/ The stranger

Running to her Car, Reese, The unnamed stranger, rob, and Elliot ended up with fan. Turning on the car, starting the engine, and pulling out like a bullet, Elliot would be riding shotgun, and he would notice fan. She was happy, almost giggling. She was a woman in control. When she glanced at Elliot, she smirked. He might get a sense of safety. Fan was a woman that was one with this world. She had found a balance between surviving and being true to yourself. After a ten minute or so drive, Fan pulled up to a road block. Behind it was a empty street that seemed to blocked off on the other side as well. Climbing over the concrete barrier, she'd motion the group to follow. As they walked down the street, two people would appear. One would be a man older than fan. Tall and in overall. He carried a sledgehammer, the other a young India woman, late teens, early twenties would appear with a rifle, putting it down when she saw Fan.

"Oh thank god! Do you have all the meds, Fanny?! Did you find Rick's meds?"

The woman's face seemed bruised on her left check, she would then pat her tall companion on the shoulder. she would then lead the group inside the building. It seemed to be an empty apartment building

"Greg, Go tell your mother Fanny's got her pills."

Greg, the tall man didn't respond. At first look, he seemed simple. His face turned red as he turned to Fan.

"Doc, do ya see Miss Asya's face? Rick's sick 'gain. Too sick "

Fan would nod, Elliot and the others could see the rage In Fan's face. Something is going on.

"Greg, stop. we have guests. Just go give you mother the pills. Rick's locked in his room, and We-"

"Horseshit! He beats ya, Miss Asya! Fuck's sake, he lays hands on ya, and you still put up with it?! You might, but I ain't gonna have it no more! You and Doc Roberts have been great. You two have been good to me and mama, so, I'm glad I help you two, but your boyfriend? He sick in the head! He hurts you! He fuckin' thinks da FBI is in is brain! His type ain't made for this world anymore. We got-"

Fan would slam her staff into the wall

"Enough! Greg, one thing at a time. Look You all are safe here. the building is three floors. Go find a room on the third floor."

Greg would then add.

"Rick's room is the first one on the left. Don't ya'll mind the wailin and bangin'"

"Look, when you're all ready to eat, Greg, Asya and I will be on the roof with Greg's mother, Cindy. Dinner should be ready soon after"

@Atomyk @SheriffLlama @c.t @Rithas

Last edited:
  • Time Skip
Claiborne Bonder - Morgantown - Nathan

A subtle gloom cast a shadow over the sun, the effect of a dampened cloud ready to pour on the needy. The crops behind the school were prepared to receive the rain that was soon to arrive. Many of the plants' flowers bent over onto the dirt as though they prayed for life - as though in the act of Sujud . Claiborne rocked in his squeaky old chair all while he re-analysed the tasks he had given the new residents of their community. Every newcomer who had arrived at Morgantown - aside from the children - were given a specific job that ranged from cook to janitor to agriculturist/farmer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Most of you will be stationed here during the day. Like posted in the gym hall, you will be given
thirty minutes for leisure time during hours of operation. Most shifts are eight hours long," Claiborne
explained as he showed a lot of the newcomers around the crop field.

Then he turned to the guards around the gates. "Those men are here to enforce our laws. If you
disobey or act against them, they will act within their legal rights. You will also be prosecuted
correctly. Any questions?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After the previous night's events, the defense team - or gatekeepers - had been reinforced in attempt to prevent further altercations with the dead or the living. Still unable to trust the numerous additions to their community, first class members (referring to the residing members of Morgantown who have been there since the near beginning) were moved from their regular posts - or jobs - and armed for guard duty. The newcomers took the first member's foregoing positions and were put to work. To stay in Morgantown, they had to make valuable contributions to the community.

"Here," Claiborne stated to his new personal guard Philip.

"Please retrieve this woman for me and bring her here. She should be in the children care area," he instructed, the guard nodding and getting right to it. It was Scarlett's profile. Clay then reached over his desk with a slight grunt and retrieved a sheet of paper similar to an agreement form. He looked down at the signature that read 'Melaine Saracco' and crumbled the paper in between his hands. His face expressed a feeling of disgust, a crude taste in the back of his throat as he tossed the remains of her leadership contract in the trash.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It has been decided, by both Nathan and myself that you are not capable of leading anyone in this community.
You are irresponsible, rash and too young to be trusted with such consequential responsibility. You will now be stripped
of your leadership powers and will have absolutely no authority over other members of Morgantown. You will answer
to the both of us and be placed on recon duty where you will scavenge for supplies and report shifts in Rotter migration."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The knowledge of having to find a replacement leadership figure frustrated Claiborne, but could benefit him simultaneously. There was a lack of trust between Morgantown personnel and the new additions to the community. Some of these new members were dangerous - such as the foreign soldier and the leader Tyler - but others were incapable of hurting anyone. What Clay wanted was to protect the community at all cost and desired to have someone leading by his side who understood this logic. It was not that Nathan was incapable of making the right decisions, it was that he would not act quick enough to have a fighting chance. In addition, the balance was now thrown off. There was no longer a majority decision system in place and both leaders were acting as independent commanders. Without Nathan's knowledge, Clay was making moves and decisions that would impact all of Morgantown gradually. These plans would be put in motion sooner than later.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hank - On the Road - Jon/Abram/Aubrey/Enrique/Joe/Lia/Heather/Jess/Matt
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The growling walkers continued to follow the unbarring sound of the van's horn. Abram attracted the dead
by pressing on the steering wheel's center piece to produce the blaring noise. The cadavers roaming the
Fallout Shelter door were drawn by the utterance and followed suit as though it were eatable. Their desire
for flesh always seemed to conceal the identity of the noisemaker - making an inanimate object appear
lifelike.

Abram turned towards Jon who sat next to him. The man stared at the side rear-view mirror watching
the number of walkers increase as more and more escaped the green fields and joined them on the
concrete road. "It's going to be just fine. We just have to give him enough time. Then we'll loop around
and pick them up. We have to follow the plan, even if it seems mad.................We have to save the others."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We just keep heading this way, we ought to find him somewhere there. He couldn't be farther than that," Hank instructed Abram who still took charge of the wheel. With his finger, Hank showed the soldier what road to take next by signaling it on the map. The group was in search of Floyd who had - in attempt to save everyone - become a target for the walkers after running off. He had gone deeper into the woods, but Hank hoped to find him on the other side, a twenty mile drive on the road they were on - having to coil all the way around the large body of forest.​

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Push it. C'mon man," Hank uttered, pushing Enrique's damaged truck to the other side of the road.
With Matt lending a helping hand, the two were able to slowly get the vehicle to the opposite side
of the woods - opposing the Fallout Shelter - and into a ditch all while most walkers followed Abram suit.
Despite the man honking his horn, some of the deceased were drawn to the survivors afoot.
Closing in on Hank, the man was forced to use the back of his handgun to smash the beast's head.
Luckily, the one strike was enough to put it down and prevent any future repercussions.

"Matt! Hit it now!" Hank called out as he dealt with more incoming walkers. The plan was to use the
truck's noise power to outweigh that of the van's. This would hopefully attract the majority of the
walkers and open a path to the Fallout Shelter - which it did.

"It's Hank, open the door! We don't have much time!" Hank pronounced, tapping the back of his boot
on the reinforced entry. The steel of the entrance then shrieked as Enrique seemed to open the door
to the hidden facility. Hank peaked inside at everyone and just couldn't get his head around the only
person missing. He wanted to ask the question, but there was no time. Then he noticed other things.

"Enrique, pack some of the food there, hurry," Hank ordered from outside the shelter. He could
see the cans of nutriment stacked on the shelves. He kept an eye out for walkers, but none were around.

"Everyone let's go. Except for you. You can stay"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We should have never left him Hank. He didn't deserve to be left behind," Abram exclaimed, trying to convince Hank to let them return for Joe. Her friend was also left behind, but despite being safe in an underground shelter, people could only survive in one place for so long - it was the world now. Hank didn't even bother to turn to Abram, he wasn't concerned with the man's ideals. He just wanted to find Floyd and then find a place they could start anew.

"Everyone keep an eye out," he ordered the others, looking back at them all. Enrique still had blood all over his body, Aubrey too. Jess and Heather seemed at odds and Turisa had yet to regain her breathe from when she had been shot. Imogen kept looking through the back window in search for Floyd. She had this silent attachment to the man as though she owed him something.

On the other hand, Jon and Matt sat next to each other and appeared silent. Hank trusted neither of them, but could not just get rid of them despite it being his desire. They still had use for him and were rather handy despite their attitude towards Hank's rules.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm sure he's out there somewhere. He might try and return to the road so that's what we do.
We drive around the woods, following this road," Hank proposed to his followers. They had just
left the shelter and were cutting through the woods to meet up with Abram once they hit concrete.
The walkers had been drawn to Enrique's truck and deviated away from the van - therefore, the
others awaited Hank's return with the remainder of their group.

"Floyd will know it'll be too dangerous to return here. He'll probably be on the other side of the
bayou near Cypress Rd. But we'll find him, I know we will."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We're almost out of gasoline. We won't make it farther than five miles with this amount," Abram stated with honesty. Hank leaned over to look at the dash and noticed they were indeed running low. He through the rear-view mirror at the others, seeing how they all appeared tired. It seemed that when there appeared to be a sign of chance or serenity, it was stripped from them by fear and eventful trouble. The fact was, the entire world was this way and there was no peace anymore. Hank learned to comprehend this and acted accordingly. He felt that if the people behind him didn't understand it soon, they would not make it.

He turned to the others with haste. "Soon we will have to walk. There's a small town nearby right here (he signaled to the map). We'll have to find a different vehicle, or fuel. We stop for a second then we continue looking for Floyd."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The sun fell over the treetops and coast for them the night. Hank sat in the passenger
seat, looking up at the dead sky. No stars, no clouds, just complete darkness. He was used
to the horror so felt it rather calm that night. "I'll take first watch," he told Abram.

They had parked the van on the side of the road and decided it best to just spend the night
inside it's confines. "Was he given an option? To come with us?"

"No. He was dangerous."

"We're all dangerous Hank. We all are."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

"Stop here, it's far enough. You stay here in the vehicle with Jess, Heather and Jon. Turisa and Enrique are with me, we go into the town and search for supplies, fuel and food. Imogen and Matt, you'll go into the forest here in search for Floyd, do not go too far. Stay close to the road, just search the surrounding area. Let's move," Hank gave orders, jumping out of the van with his pistol in hand. He still had a couple of rounds remaining and would use them if need be.

They were still about two miles from the town, but walking on foot would be in their best interest. "When we get there, be alert. We don't know who or what will be waiting for us. Let us hope it's nothing."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edward Thomas - Sleep Inn Hotel - Alvey Turner/Other of the Community

"......For thou hast hid their heart from understanding: therefore shalt thou not exalt them. He that speaketh flattery to his friends, even the eyes of his children shall fail. He hath made me also a byword of the people; and aforetime I was as a tabret. Mine eye also is dim by reason of sorrow, and all my members-" Edwards looked up as the door to their church group opened. Mr. Baasir finally decided to join them, he was the owner of the Sleep Inn Hotel before the outbreak.

"I'm glad you could join us Mister Baasir," Edwards commented as he reached for a copy of chapter 17 in the Book of Job. He handed Mister Baasir the sheet of paper. During this little break, Isabelle began poking at her brother - not physically, but through her words. She was very bored and just wanted a way out of having to continue reading the stupid chapter.

"Hey, stop it," Alvey whispered to her urgently, Isabelle just puffing him. Every Sunday they would have a religious group for everyone not on guard duty. There weren't too many of them at this point, many had passed away from a virus that had came about the community. Those were very dark times and it appeared that their stable home would have broken, but it remain pillared.

"Let us continue," Edwards said out loud and returned to the book. The man was no priest or very religious before the outbreak. He found God after the death of his fiance - who had been bitten by the dead.​
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

After the lecture ended, everyone quietly left the room and headed back to their rooms. Like Morgantown, everyone had their jobs and duties to accomplish throughout the day. There was rations on food and water. There was a working system, very productive and efficient.

Alvey allowed his wife and children leave the room before him. "I have search duty today," he stated. He didn't look too happy about it because he was forced to leave his home to look for supplies. This was the longest shift in the working schedule. Search groups would leave around noon and return the next day at nearly the same time. Leaving like this would mean his family would not have him for a twenty four hour period.

"I'll be with Murph, so don't worry," he said to his wife, knowing how much she hated him leaving. He then reached over and took his son by the shoulder.

"Say son, I saw you talking to that girl this morning, what's all that about? The blonde one, Jessica, Jennifer? I never remember these people's name," he picked at his son as they walked back to the room. The boy was already a teenager and it was getting time to have the talk - though Alvey wasn't a man to speak about that kind of stuff. He was more of a tough-love kind of father. He was like that before the outbreak and continued to be like that know.

Before they could get to the room, Edward called from behind them. "Mr. Turner! A minute please?"

Alvey turned around to the community leader and told his family he'd be with them in a second. "Yes?" he asked Edward as he walked towards him.

"I just wanted to inform you that Mr. Murphy will not be going with you on this run. It will be you, Mr. Stewart and Ms. Laura. Were having Mr. Murphy stay back in attempt to fix our vehicles and make it possible to send more backup with you guys on your scavenges. Just wanted to inform you before you were surprised."

"Yeah, thanks," Alvey said uneasily.​

"..."

To be fair, it was an answer. Just not to the question Mel asked, nor did she think it was an answer she deserved. She had just stood there, her self-confident smirk of victory out of getting the truth from the hick fading into a frown and eventually a sneer. "So that's it, huh?" She had snapped back at the time. "I save someone, instead of shooting them down and hiding it behind a pair of horrible liars and that's the thanks I get slapped with? I"m irresponsible? Rash? Wow. That's...wow. After the shit you just pulled, you actually got the balls to call someone else rash?" She shook her head in utter disbelief. "Fucking wow, that's about all I gotta say. I knew you were a hick, but a hypocrite too?" Her fists were clenched so hard at the time...but they were both there. Taking a swing at him would likely just be intercepted by the other, just like before. The fists relaxed and she stood straighter, directing a death glare at both of them as Claiborne outlined her indicated new job.

"...Fuck that. Fuck you both." A quick lean forward and she had spat out, aiming for Clay's boot before she turned on her heel, roughly shoved the door open with a bang and stomped out. "But like hell will I stand there and acknowledge you as the leader of me." Mel muttered, a quiet promise to herself. She helped form this place...and just like that, they went together like the buttbuddies she always figured they were and kicked her off their level. A shootout, a lie...and a power shift. Fuckin' A

------------

That was yesterday. The bitter taste in her mouth was still as strong and palpable as it had been then. She had shoved out the gate, yelling some bullshit about going on a scouting mission. In truth, she had not the least bit intention of doing that. A distance away from the gate, she just stopped walking and looked towards the horizon, the road stretching on for miles. Mel bit her lower lip, giving some serious thought to just walking on and never looking back. She raised her left arm, staring intently at her tattoo with a minute or two of silence. A strong reminder.

faith.jpg

"...Faith. Because no one has that in me, 'cept me." She exhaled. And maybe Riley. Stacey. That muzzle chick she just met. Not exactly the ringing endorsement crowd but still something. And going on by herself when she could maybe bring a group. "..."

tumblr_n47a1yinRa1qcjij3o3_r1_250.gif

"...fuck!" She half shouted, half whispered as she slung her pack off her shoulders and lashed out, clenched fist colliding into one of the windows of an abandoned car with a cracking thud. Pulling her fist back, she glanced at the bloody knuckles before dropping to her knees. The old world, sure. All she ever needed was herself. But now, the rules were different. And though several of them were pieces of shit, not all of them were. She sniffed, rising back to her feet and scooping her backpack up, staring back in the direction of the gate.

------------------------------------------------------

"Whoa you have a Prius? I...that's cool, just didn't expect those to be like the chosen ride after...well everything that happened! Maybe a Wrangler or a Tahoe or--hey no wait I'll ride with you yes please and thank you!" Reese scurried over as fast as he could.

@Josh M

"..."

To be fair, it was an answer. Just not to the question Mel asked, nor did she think it was an answer she deserved. She had just stood there, her self-confident smirk of victory out of getting the truth from the hick fading into a frown and eventually a sneer. "So that's it, huh?" She had snapped back at the time. "I save someone, instead of shooting them down and hiding it behind a pair of horrible liars and that's the thanks I get slapped with? I"m irresponsible? Rash? Wow. That's...wow. After the shit you just pulled, you actually got the balls to call someone else rash?" She shook her head in utter disbelief. "Fucking wow, that's about all I gotta say. I knew you were a hick, but a hypocrite too?" Her fists were clenched so hard at the time...but they were both there. Taking a swing at him would likely just be intercepted by the other, just like before. The fists relaxed and she stood straighter, directing a death glare at both of them as Claiborne outlined her indicated new job.

"...Fuck that. Fuck you both." A quick lean forward and she had spat out, aiming for Clay's boot before she turned on her heel, roughly shoved the door open with a bang and stomped out. "But like hell will I stand there and acknowledge you as the leader of me." Mel muttered, a quiet promise to herself. She helped form this place...and just like that, they went together like the buttbuddies she always figured they were and kicked her off their level. A shootout, a lie...and a power shift. Fuckin' A

------------

That was yesterday. The bitter taste in her mouth was still as strong and palpable as it had been then. She had shoved out the gate, yelling some bullshit about going on a scouting mission. In truth, she had not the least bit intention of doing that. A distance away from the gate, she just stopped walking and looked towards the horizon, the road stretching on for miles. Mel bit her lower lip, giving some serious thought to just walking on and never looking back. She raised her left arm, staring intently at her tattoo with a minute or two of silence. A strong reminder.

faith.jpg

"...Faith. Because no one has that in me, 'cept me." She exhaled. And maybe Riley. Stacey. That muzzle chick she just met. Not exactly the ringing endorsement crowd but still something. And going on by herself when she could maybe bring a group. "..."

tumblr_n47a1yinRa1qcjij3o3_r1_250.gif

"...fuck!" She half shouted, half whispered as she slung her pack off her shoulders and lashed out, clenched fist colliding into one of the windows of an abandoned car with a cracking thud. Pulling her fist back, she glanced at the bloody knuckles before dropping to her knees. The old world, sure. All she ever needed was herself. But now, the rules were different. And though several of them were pieces of shit, not all of them were. She sniffed, rising back to her feet and scooping her backpack up, staring back in the direction of the gate.

------------------------------------------------------

"Whoa you have a Prius? I...that's cool, just didn't expect those to be like the chosen ride after...well everything that happened! Maybe a Wrangler or a Tahoe or--hey no wait I'll ride with you yes please and thank you!" Reese scurried over as fast as he could.

@Josh M
Riley watched as Mel stormed back to the car from her meeting with Clay and Nathan. He had preferred to stay in the car while she did the talking. Because while he considered Mel to be one of the few people here he saw as more than just a person who served a function and thus was all they existed for, he didn't feel he'd be able to contribute much to her side. Not that they would listened in any case. He didn't have to think too hard about how the meeting had gone and what had happened given Mel's expression. So he didn't ask anything of it and let the ride back be silent.

---
Riley-Morgantown Outskirts-Mel

Later on that night as Mel made some noise about a scouting mission, Riley was taken aback from his handing out snacks to those who asked for them. After a mission of his own of course. But while others may have just written it off as Mel just taking the hand she'd been dealt and doing her new job, Riley felt he knew her well enough that wasn't the case. If he didn't say something now, there might not have been a chance to say it again.

So sneaking off himself with a rucksack filled with a water bottle and one or two bags of chips, he'd scan around until he noticed Mel in the distance. That didn't look like scouting to him and he would know. He built his entire reputation in Morgantown from doing his scouting to the best of his ability. Even if some people did go without a snack if Riley were to get too greedy in one day in particular.

"...Scary night, isn't it?"

riley207_zpsef88ek3q.jpg

To anybody who wasn't a part of Morgantown or knew Riley like Mel did, they might have assumed Riley was some kind of lunatic who'd gone crazy as a result of the walkers and dressed up in a costume. Or he was just very odd. Either way, he didn't want to leave anything up to chance and quickly held up his hands if Mel were to turn and face him upon hearing his words. Because even with a friend that might not have been the choice introduction.

"....Sorry, was from a movie I watched years ago. Before all this started. Had a feeling you'd be around here. Doesn't look like much scouting is going on, huh?"

It was clear the comment was meant in jest, though however well that succeeded was up to interpretation, he supposed. He'd glance down at her bloodied hand and frowned behind the mask. "...I see the demotion's been hard on you. Not too surprising considering what possible alternatives may have been. On the surface it don't look too bad but they could have taken you out back and shot you like a dog and claimed you tried to attack them or something while all they wanted to do was simply discuss things civilly. But they didn't because you're less of a problem alive than you are as a corpse. You were outspoken and that didn't mesh well with the actions that those...those...bullies took. But now you're just a scout like me which means you might as well be out of the way. I mean, look at me." He gestured to himself as he pulled off the mask and glanced down at it in his stretched out hand.

riley205_zpsk8ie0kl1.jpg

"...They probably figure that being loud-mouthed and willing to speak out against the wrongs of this place is your 'quirk.' Just like mine's wearing a mask. Thinking more about it, been wearing one as far as I can remember. It's just taken on different looks..." He'd say referring to how he had kept up a stoic expression way back when before he had even found his bandanna and then when he had gotten his new mask from Vincent. "Used to wear it to cope with the harsher parts of reality, now? It's more to have some degree of separation from all that nonsense. But, you're probably wondering why the hell I'm telling you all this.." He'd finally crack a small smile and offered a hand to Mel to help her back up to her feet.

"It's because despite what those two think, I know that all you've done has been in the best interests of everyone and it's shown. You've weathered the shit-storm while I try to hide from it behind my masks. Clay and Nathan are just afraid of the upstart being right and possibly rallying people behind them because god forbid actual change!"

Whether or not Mel were to take his hand or if she were to rise up on her own, he'd continue all the same. Feeling bolstered by the roll that he was on.

"So whether they say you're a leader or not doesn't matter to me. You've tried to do what's best for this place and that's gotta count for something in my book. That said, if you ever need backup? I can't promise I'll ditch the masks but I'll do what I can to back up someone who'd fight for what's right. Now c'mon. I'm not a big fan of blood and seeing that mess of a hand is unnerving.."

riley206_zpsmmm5wmvj.jpg

@C.T.

Last edited:
Scarlett - Morgantown - Clay

After the events of the day before had unfolded, the group inside the gym didn't seem to calm down too much. Even after the medic had come in and reassured everyone that the threat had passed, the people still looked weary. They still bombarded Alannah with questions as she tried her best to help Tyler with his leg pain, prodding at certain places before turning to Scarlett and giving her a box filled with antiseptic wash, antibiotic ointment, some band aids and bandage wraps, as well as pills to help with the pain.

Scarlett wanted to believe that everything was alright, but even when she had gone off to a side of the gym where people weren't around and she could think to herself, she still couldn't shake off the feeling that something was wrong.

-----------------------

She didn't know when she had fallen to sleep. When Scarlett woke, there were people talking and there was movement. Her eyes scanned the gym, quickly finding Tyler with Katie with Liam right beside her.

"Morning."

Her voice was still filled with sleep, even after she had gone and washed her face and done everything to try to wake up. There wasn't much time to talk though. Having been assigned a job, Scarlett quickly took both Katie and Liam by the hands and tugged them along.

"Again with kids..." the woman muttered as she looked at all the children in the room, glancing at the other women every now and then, only to catch them staring at her and then whispering. She wanted to go up to their smug faces and punch them. What was their problem? Luckily, she didn't have to deal with them for long. A man walked in, calling her name and motioning to follow him. Although hesitant at first, Scarlett complied, especially after hearing that it was Claiborne calling for her. The blonde had gathered that this man wasn't one to keep waiting or to play games with.

"Katie, Liam. I'm gonna see what that man wants and then I'll be right back. Behave." The last word she spoke came out firm and full of promise. Promise to smack the two if they didn't comply. She looked both kids in the eyes before smiling and touching their arms. "Few minutes," was all she said before quickly turning and walking over to the armed man. "This way." Was all he said, making Scarlett follow him even though she remembered where Claiborne's office was. She withheld from asking any questions while she was with the guard, saving them for the little meeting she presumed she was going to.

"Mr. Claiborne." Scarlett acknowledged and greeted once she was in his office. She didn't walk over to sit, but just stood in the middle of the door way and the desk, trying to not seen either nervous or intimidated although that's exactly how she felt being alone in the office.

Rose Turner - Sleep Inn hotel - Alvey

Even though Rose considered herself to be a person of faith, she never considered herself a religious person. She believed that the way they chose to pray or ask for forgiveness, or whatever people did these days, was up to them. Still, she came to the weekly gatherings because she thought having a sense of normalcy was good for her children. Plus, Alvey seemed to enjoy them.

Once they had left the room, Rose had turned to find her husbands hand. The news of Alvey having to go out on search duty didn't settle well with her. She frowned as she looked at him, Isabelle mirroring her as she also turned around with a full on pout. Hearing that he'd be with Mr. Murphy eased her mind, so she kept her comments and worries to herself, choosing to walk in a comfortable silence back to their room, listening to Alvey try to pry into their son's life and Isabelle giggling and chanting that her brother had a crush on a girl.

That was until Edward himself came over and announced that Mr. Murphy wouldn't be going with them.

"They should put someone else with you guys. Especially with all the dead that have been popping up. There's more than usual. It's not safe." Rose finally shared her thoughts on the upcoming search as they walked into their room. "At least four should go, until they can send more. What if you guys get outnumbered?" She was frustrated, to say the least. It was visible in her body language and her face. Not at Alvey or at Edward, or at anyone really, but at the situation.

Reactions: Atomyk
"...Scary night, isn't it?"
Mel - Morgantown Outskirts - Riley

"No. More like full of crap."
"....Sorry, was from a movie I watched years ago. Before all this started. Had a feeling you'd be around here. Doesn't look like much scouting is going on, huh?"
"Heh, nope. Guess not." She rubbed her bloody knuckles on the edge of her mouth, shoulders raised in a half-shrug. "I ain't keeping the job."

It was clear the comment was meant in jest, though however well that succeeded was up to interpretation, he supposed. He'd glance down at her bloodied hand and frowned behind the mask. "...I see the demotion's been hard on you. Not too surprising considering what possible alternatives may have been. On the surface it don't look too bad but they could have taken you out back and shot you like a dog and claimed you tried to attack them or something while all they wanted to do was simply discuss things civilly. But they didn't because you're less of a problem alive than you are as a corpse. You were outspoken and that didn't mesh well with the actions that those...those...bullies took. But now you're just a scout like me which means you might as well be out of the way. I mean, look at me." He gestured to himself as he pulled off the mask and glanced down at it in his stretched out hand.
"Hard?" She snorted. "Nah, that ain't it. The hard part's resisting. There aren't enough words in the English language to convey just how much I want to go back into town, march right up to his office and smack him in his stupid fucking face with a metal fucking chair. The southern cowboy hick just starts a fucking shootout and then has the nerve to condemn me on rashness. Yet he doesn't have the balls to fight me. Pussy ass motherfucker. I got more balls than he does." Mel rubbed a hand through her hair. "And hell, if they even dreamed about shooting me, they'd better wake up and apologize."

"...They probably figure that being loud-mouthed and willing to speak out against the wrongs of this place is your 'quirk.' Just like mine's wearing a mask. Thinking more about it, been wearing one as far as I can remember. It's just taken on different looks..." He'd say referring to how he had kept up a stoic expression way back when before he had even found his bandanna and then when he had gotten his new mask from Vincent. "Used to wear it to cope with the harsher parts of reality, now? It's more to have some degree of separation from all that nonsense. But, you're probably wondering why the hell I'm telling you all this.." He'd finally crack a small smile and offered a hand to Mel to help her back up to her feet.

"I don't give a damn what they think my quirk is. And yeah, I figured ya for that type of guy. A filter to block out what you don't wanna see. Jade tinted glasses, you only see the world in your way, rather than the way it is." She shook her head with a slight scowl, rising up on her own.​

"It's because despite what those two think, I know that all you've done has been in the best interests of everyone and it's shown. You've weathered the shit-storm while I try to hide from it behind my masks. Clay and Nathan are just afraid of the upstart being right and possibly rallying people behind them because god forbid actual change!"
"...Huh. Well uh...I mean I appreciate the good words and all and yeah, I have learned a thing or two about surviving. My whole life just abouts, it was on the street. No Taco Tuesdays, no Super Bowl Sundays, where your bed is resting under bridges to give a sense of a roof. All that. Thing is...this isn't a fucking revolution man. You watched too many movies, I reckon. Actual change? Shit dude, the world's changed a hell of a lot since walkers began to pop up and bring us a notch down on the fucking food chain. There ain't no political cause here. Just survival. Ya live or ya die. Get it?"

"So whether they say you're a leader or not doesn't matter to me. You've tried to do what's best for this place and that's gotta count for something in my book. That said, if you ever need backup? I can't promise I'll ditch the masks but I'll do what I can to back up someone who'd fight for what's right. Now c'mon. I'm not a big fan of blood and seeing that mess of a hand is unnerving.."

riley206_zpsmmm5wmvj.jpg

@C.T.
"I don't plan on going back. Not unless it's to go back and put a bullet right through Clay's smug little forehead."

@TheSpringwoodSlasher

"I don't plan on going back. Not unless it's to go back and put a bullet right through Clay's smug little forehead."
Riley-Morgantown Outskirts-Mel

Riley listened quietly throughout the whole of Mel's response and it was clear that there was quite a bit of resentment on her part. If only going by that last comment right there. But who was he to judge? He killed the man who had tormented him with a socket wrench. If Mel wanted to head-shot the guy who put her in the same level as him and the other 'weirdos' then all the more power to her. Even if that might not have been the best idea.

But it did at the very least warrant some kind of response as Riley formed the best smirk he could while still holding the mask.

riley202_zpsuimuexnj.jpg

"You see, I pretty much expected a response like that the second I set out to find you. Not that you're wrong or anything. The guy's a bastard. But walking back and putting one in him might not be the wisest course of action. Fun to think about though."

As for the comment in regards to the reasoning behind his masks, well again she wasn't wrong as far as he could see it. Back when he was being harassed by his bully in high school he put on a mask for his friends and family to show that he was 'okay' when in actuality he was brewing up a plot on how to get his revenge. Then when he was beaten down and arrested and placed within the detention center he put up a mask to hide his true emotions from everyone except Rufus. Who seemed too far gone in his conspiracy theories to really care on way or the other which worked out well for Riley. The first physical mask was his bandanna which didn't really hold any family value but no longer was he in prison so he didn't need his 'old' one. But he had gone so long with one that walking around without something hiding him away felt strange.

"...Heh, my view may not be one hundred percent accurate but I'm willing to bet it's nicer than what the majority sees. That's good enough for me. But, enough beating around the bush. You didn't ask for me to come out here and find you but yet here we are and you tell me that the only way you'd go back is if you put a bullet in the heads of the guy who put you out here. Fair enough but where will you go? Wherever Joe got whisked of to might not be a better place than this, hell I'd even go as far as to say it's probably worse. You could be wandering for who knows how long. With hostile humans and the shamblers roaming around. But, I can't imagine the thought of that bothers you too much. So, here's what I had in mind."

riley201_zps5okjc79n.jpg

"Leaving Morgantown means leaving people behind, people who don't have a baring on how our lives go if we were to step beyond these gates and never look back. They take what we find and give them and they continue to try and eek out what kind of meager existence you can in a shitheap world like this. Not exactly the funnest thing in the world. People have their limits though and when they get pushed, sometimes they gotta make hard decisions. Like leaving those same people behind. That said, I trekked here on my lonesome and could leave it the same way. So, if you're dead-set on not going back then I'll be up for whatever you have in mind. Said it before when you weren't serious and still mean it. Don't think I'll ever find the man I'm looking for by sticking around as a scout in this place anyway."

Slipping his mask back on and slinging his wrench over his shoulder, he looked back at the gates. Thinking of the people there. As a scout it had been his job to provide them essentials like water, meds he found from pharmacies and the like, food. But how long could you go about living in a community where the leaders felt that one day you weren't up to shape in being a leader and just demoted you without a fight, despite whatever repercussions it may have had? Riley wasn't the biggest fan of that but even then if he were to go with Mel to wherever the hell either of them ended up, where would they go and how long would it take them? What would happen to Joselina? Without him or Mel there, the hell would that mean for her? It would be nice if they had her along to wreck some shamblers in the beautiful gore-filled way that only she could. But what if they ran into the same issue that they had with Morgantown with other communities being reluctant to let her in?

"...Ooor you could disregard all of what I've said, go back into Morgantown, grab the chair and beat Clay with it. You'd probably win but the fallout would be a real bitch. Reaction to being demoted into a scout is to bust someone over the head? Temper, temper. So, way I see it. You leave carrying what you got over your shoulder to find a new place to call home and that won't treat you like gum under the bottom of their shoe or you go back to a place where it's clear that the people who run the joint aren't too fond of you, doing a job that you don't want to do. Doesn't sound like the most pleasant of choices either way but I think I know which one I'd take.."

"Also, yea movies were my life before all this stuff started. Pretty big fan of the horror genre but that's lessened since it became clear we're living a horror story everyday. Helps to put things in perspective."

@C.T.

Last edited:
Reactions: dalecOoOoOoOoOper
Mel - Morgantown Outskirts - Riley

"...Well. Not going back there to call it home at least. Could go back, maybe see if some others would want to leave with me. Up to them, freedom of choice and all that. Plus I could still get a car, fill 'er up real good...properly bandage this stupid hand...and hell, maybe take a snack or two for the road. That'd be a better start, I figure. If ya insist on taggin' along."

@TheSpringwoodSlasher

• Useful
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
Lia - Fallout Shelter - Joe

After helping out Joe and the group of strangers, Lia didn't bother to speak much more to them--or even Joe, for that matter. She simply sat them up with places to sleep and gave the lot of them her cold shoulder. After their group had attempted to kill her, the restless blonde wasn't so keen on warming up to them. So, instead of interacting, she pushed herself into a corner as far away from them as she could and curled up by Renegade. She only hoped and prayed they would stay until the hoard of walkers had moved along, and they then the would leave themselves. She crossed her fingers that they wouldn't do something ungrateful such as attempt to kill her again or, God forbid, lay a hand on her dog. They would regret it if they did.

Running one hand through the course fur of her companion while keeping the other close to her gun, Lia remained in a daze as she sat up and waited for the night to end. She listened to the sounds of these individuals breathing, moving, occasionally talking, and their baby crying with discomfort and dread, especially when she would feel Renegade move away from her. She narrowed her green eyes and snapped her fingers a few times, calling the dog in a harsh whisper to try and get him to return to her side. It appeared, however, as if Renegade had taken interest in an object of some sort--holding it between his paws and chewing on it.

At first, Lia scowled thinking the object Renegade had procured was a rock. She crawled over to the pooch on her hands and knees, reaching out to take it from him when she was close enough. "Ugh, give me that. Those are bad for your teeth," she complained, managing to snatch it regardless of the dog's attempts to keep it away from her. Renegade whined in the back of his throat, only to receive another scold from Lia. "Don't you whine at me, you know you're not supposed to play with--" The older teen cut herself off, suddenly realizing the object wasn't what she thought it had been.

"--a tape recorder?" she mumbled, holding the object closer to her face. "That's weird, why would you have a tape recorder in--"

Lia's head was suddenly bogged down with flashbacks. She saw a cheerful, energetic--albeit annoying--blonde female who used to wander around like a fool chattering away into her tape recorder about the most pointless things, all for the sake of investigating and recording important information about the apocalypse. It was a load of horse bullshit in Lia's eyes. Becky, one of her former traveling companions, was nothing but an irritating individual. An individual who was likely gone now. Lia had lost track of her during the hoard attack. There was no way she still could've been alive.

Gripping hard onto the tape recorder, Lia's head fell and her stomach soured. She returned herself to the corner she had been sitting in, biting the inside of her cheek as she felt the heart inside her chest start to race painfully. She hated that no matter how hard she tried to keep her heart cold to this new world, she just couldn't seem to muster up a strong enough will to keep it cold enough. Somehow, she was still flooded with emotional sympathy, pain, and discomfort. Lia hated it.

"Everything she said was complete and utter bullshit," Lia thought to herself, trying to keep her thoughts about the female as negative ones, only to feel kinder thoughts surface against her will. "But she... always seemed to make the world feel brighter. She would smile, and act light hearted. She made me feel... better."

Hearing a whimper invade her thoughts, Lia's eyes glanced over to Renegade. He had reproached her, curled up to her side, and had begun licking her arm. Lia placed a hand gently on the top of her companion's head. "You make me feel better too. You're the only thing left that does. You'd better not go away too."

As she continued to sit, Lia began to play with the tape recorder, rewinding the tape that was already inside it before hitting the play button--out of curiosity--to hear what was on it.

"In other news, I discovered a spider nest today. The momma spider's distinctive black-and-yellow thorax immediately identified her as argiope aurantia, or a yellow garden spider. Interestingly, the argiope aurantia's venom contains polyamine toxins which can be compounded into medicinal agents. Hippolyte Lucas, a French entomologist, theorized that-- oohp!"

Lia bit the inside of her cheek harder upon hearing Becky's voice speak through the recorder. She felt herself even grow a bit choked up. It was weird. The blonde wasn't sure why hearing it bothered her so much...

The next segment of the tape grew quieter, as if part of it had been muffled. Lia knew why it sounded like that too. It sounded muffled because Becky had run into her and the two of them were having a brief exchange. After the muffled part, for one more moment, Lia could hear Becky speak more clearly again--probably because she had put the tape recorder close to her face again.

"Gosh, this is good timing! I was recording my daily audio log. I could always use another eyewitness account! Or were you gonna go visit Renniekins? Can I tag along? I haven't seen him in weeks!"

Lia frowned, shutting off the tape recorder. Hearing the last sentence pained her in a way that was hard to describe. Becky had asked to tag along with her. Maybe, just maybe, if Lia had convinced her to stay behind she never would've gotten lost in the hoard. Maybe she'd still be... safe. The older teen cursed herself and blinked back bitter tears. This was her own fault.

Hours passed. Eventually, the night ended the same way it had started: with Lia wide awake. When the next day began, and the group of strangers readied themselves to leave--Lia made sure they had everything they needed to survive and saw them out. The group, however, refused to take Joe along with them. She wasn't sure what Joe had done to piss them off so bad, but it didn't really matter. Maybe it was a good thing they were leaving him behind. They had beaten him and treated him like shit, after all.

Once they had gone, Lia tried to relax herself and returned to sitting in her corner. Fingering Becky's tape recorder, she lifted it close to her lips and began to fein speaking into it--much like the other klutzy, bumbling blonde used to do --being careful not to record over Becky's voice. She only pretended to be recording something. Lia wasn't sure if she was going crazy or not, but she was at least attempting to vent out her frustrations.

"It's morning, and they're gone--good riddance," Lia told the tape recorder. "Ever since the apocalypse started, others have been nothing but trouble. Nobody can be trusted, not a single person. But speaking of people, I still have someone in here: Joe. Honestly, I don't even care if he's listening to me right now, or if he thinks I'm crazy like Becky, I just... need to blow off some steam..." The female ran a hand through her blonde hair, realizing it was damp from sweat. "Damn, I'd give anything for a nice warm shower right now."

[btn=mode]Nathan - Morgantown Outskirts - Melanie, Riley[/btn]
It was not an easy day for him, during the entire night, it was not easy to get some sleep. In the back of his mind, all he could do was consider Joe's well being, or where he ended up, or what he was going through. It was already the day after and most of the people in Tyler's group had settled in, or tried to settle in. Every time Nathan bumped or walked past Scarlett, the image of the woman laying dead before the gates came rushing to his mind. It was all too familiar.

However, looking at the rest of the community, he knew that they were all still uneasy about the entire situation. Mingling with the new people who're now a part of the community. Nathan had turned off his radio, but made sure that the guards and whoever that listened to the radio knew he was out taking care of Walkers wandering around their safe "haven". But that was not what he was really after. Nathan had been keeping his eye on Melanie after her leadership status was stripped away.

She was not pleased, and her reaction to what Claiborne said was not surprising, not when he recalled the day in his mind. She had already left the community for a while and Nathan was pretty much following her tracks, and even noticed Riley eventually catching up with the annoyed Melanie.

He had a rifle around his shoulder, and was hidden well enough to listen to their conversation. Her frustration, her anger, he could understand it. After a while, he made himself known, with both his hands up in the air. "Mel.. Riley.." He started, taking a few more steps before approaching the both of them.

"We need to talk.." He had a serious expression on his face, not allowing her to respond. "Before you say anything, its about the other day.."

@C.T. @TheSpringwoodSlasher

Reactions: Josh M
[btn=mode]Nathan - Morgantown Outskirts - Melanie, Riley[/btn]
It was not an easy day for him, during the entire night, it was not easy to get some sleep. In the back of his mind, all he could do was consider Joe's well being, or where he ended up, or what he was going through. It was already the day after and most of the people in Tyler's group had settled in, or tried to settle in. Every time Nathan bumped or walked past Scarlett, the image of the woman laying dead before the gates came rushing to his mind. It was all too familiar.

However, looking at the rest of the community, he knew that they were all still uneasy about the entire situation. Mingling with the new people who're now a part of the community. Nathan had turned off his radio, but made sure that the guards and whoever that listened to the radio knew he was out taking care of Walkers wandering around their safe "haven". But that was not what he was really after. Nathan had been keeping his eye on Melanie after her leadership status was stripped away.

She was not pleased, and her reaction to what Claiborne said was not surprising, not when he recalled the day in his mind. She had already left the community for a while and Nathan was pretty much following her tracks, and even noticed Riley eventually catching up with the annoyed Melanie.

He had a rifle around his shoulder, and was hidden well enough to listen to their conversation. Her frustration, her anger, he could understand it. After a while, he made himself known, with both his hands up in the air. "Mel.. Riley.." He started, taking a few more steps before approaching the both of them.

"We need to talk.." He had a serious expression on his face, not allowing her to respond. "Before you say anything, its about the other day.."

@C.T. @TheSpringwoodSlasher
Mel - Morgantown Outskirts - Nathan, Riley

Her ears twitched up when she heard her name called...and not from Riley. In an instant, she stood poised for combat, looking...oh. "Nathan." She remarked, the word spat out with a wary tone. And more than a little disquiet. Still, he was adopting the universal hand gesture for peace or I surrender. She relaxed slightly, glancing both ways to see if she could discern anybody else, walker or not. "What about the other day, huh? Clay didn't say enough for both of ya?"

@Akashi @TheSpringwoodSlasher

• Love
Reactions: Josh M
Joe - Fallout shelter- Lia

In many ways, Joe was torn. He knew groups had safety, but he also knew he didn't fit in with Hank's people. Standing up, the man could hear what Lia was talking to, it was Becky's recorder. At the moment, a frown appeared on Joe's face.

"You're not crazy Lia. Neither is Becky. "

Joe would take a seat next to her. At this moment, Lia was the only person Joe had.

"So. What's next for us? You're all I got. I want to get Becky and Sam from Morgantown, but There might have been a take over. I don't know of I can't risk it. So we have two options; we either can stay here forever, or try finding a better group. Now, I'm know fucking psychic, but I guess you're still anti people? "

Joe smirked at the girl. He was joking of course. However, there q as so truth in his statement.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Status
Not open for further replies.