The Walking Dead - Among the Ruined [March to Death]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe- On the road- Hank, Matt, Floyd, Jon, Enrique, Aubrey, Imogen, Jess, Abrham and Others

Joe cut across the area, seeing Hank, Enrique, and Floyd chancing his friend Lia into her shelter. A smile appeared on his face. Until the shambler's appeared. It than hit him, he need to get everyone into the shelter. He would come out of the woods, and to the shelter, knocking on the hatch, he would call to Lia.

"It's Joe! I am surrounded by shamblers! The group needs our help. Let us in."

He would then look at Hank, who he could see clearly. Part of him didn't want to help that man. He was a barley human. He had

"Hank! Come on! Get your people in here! Now! "

He hoped Hank wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. The shelter had power, water, safety.

@-QT- @Atomyk @HellHoundWoof @Lady Myst @Damo028 @Wolverbells @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Lia - Fallout Shelter - Hank, Floyd Jon, Enrique, Aubrey, Imogen, Jess, Abrham and Others

The green-eyed female took a step back from the shelter's entrance, cursing under her breath when she heard the others yelling and muttering about what kind of trouble she could cause them. Great. They were just a bunch of assholes. This was exactly what she didn't need right now, a bunch of armed idiots wanting to drag her into Joe's issues. Lia huffed, blowing a lock of blonde hair out of her eyes as she took yet another step back from the door. She wasn't going to deal with them.

Lia quieted after stepping back, listening to the rapping she could hear against the door of her shelter. She wasn't sure how long these people would hang around, but if she was lucky maybe they would realize they weren't going to get in without her say and would end up moving on.

To Lia's surprise, however, Joe's voice joined the others a moment or two later. He began pleading with her to let him and the group inside. Lia stepped closer to the door and simply laughed at him. "I'd have to be a bloody idiot to open the door after the group you're with shot at me and attempted to kill me a minute ago. I'd hate to see anything happen to you, Joe, but if I have to choose between your entire group being killed by those things and them coming inside here and killing me, well, I choose the first option. They want to kill me? They can rot for all I care." A low growling could be heard in the background, as if Lia's dog were mimicking her frustration.

@Josh M @-QT- @Atomyk @HellHoundWoof @Lady Myst @Damo028 @Wolverbells

Joe- On the road- Hank, Matt, Floyd, Jon, Enrique, Aubrey, Imogen, Jess, Abrham and Others

As Joe talked to Lia threw the door, he would call to Hank.

"Look, I'm trying to get y'all in. You got leave your weapons at the door, all of you, myself included. Trying to kill her doesn't build much trust."

Turning back to Lia, the baseball player sighed.

"You know how my twenty-four have been like? Hell. The guy who tried to shoot you, Hank, I went to warn his group, and I end up a hostage. We get to Morgantown, and to my shock, Clay, that asshole, must have done some sorta takeover. His guards shot me! They killed two girls!. Then, when we managed to get away? I got my face beat in by this guy Floyd. I got there people killed, they blamed me, and I don't blame him! And now, we're surrounded by shamblers, and I shouldn't help them, but I have to. They have a girl with a baby, her name is Jess, There is this guy name Joe who, thank god, has always tried to be on my side. They have good people. Hank things nobody can be good. That we're all monsters. I've been trying to prove him wrong. I rather lose my life than my soul, you know that. "

Joe stopped. He fighting back tears, his voice cracked slightly

I know, I know you don't trust people, even me. I get it. I'm not mad I can't let these people to die. That's what's going to happen! You gotta trust me, you're going to condemn them to death! Please!"

@-QT- @Atomyk @HellHoundWoof @Lady Myst @Damo028 @Wolverbells @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Claiborne Bonder - Morgantown - Alannah and Nathan

Allowing Alannah to get her questions in, Claiborne sat there in peace until it was time to stand. He firmly pushed against the rocking chair's armrests and raised to Nathan's level. Starring at the man with glaring eyes, he fixed his coat and slid both hands in his pockets.

"I have already shared with Alannah the events that unfolded in our yard, there is nothing more to say."

Suddenly his words were followed by the shriek of a handheld radio. Mel - the unconventional and naive leader - yelled out for his attention in an unsurprisingly rude manner. Clay reached for the device and turned it off before Mel could finish getting her words in.

Returning his gaze back at Nathan, he said "I think this (referring to Mel) has to be handled first. We cannot continue to put it aside for it has become a problem."

Claiborne then maneuvered through the two people in his office and left it after obtaining his sheet of paper. He raised his radio and spoke through it to Mel.

"Meet us at the entrance for we will explain everything to you there."

Last edited by a moderator:
Alannah - Claiborne's office - Nathan

Anna wanted to smack both of the men upside the head. It was obvious something wasn't being said, but she didn't know what.

When Claiborne began to leave, Anna redirected her attention to Nathan, speaking to him before he got a chance to say anything. "I'm not stupid, you know? Claiborne only said an altercation. I can see the bruises on your knuckles. He doesn't have any. They're all on his face." She wasn't scolding Nathan, or mad at him really. Alannah was just putting things out there, being honest like she always was. Afterwards, she waited until Claiborne had stepped out. She needed alone time with Nathan, and she had gotten very little of it since the group's arrival.

"Nathan," Anna grabbed both of his hands even if he didn't want to at the moment. "I need you to talk to me. If you think Clay isn't telling me the truth, then I want you to tell me." Her eyes searched for his as she spoke, pleading for him to open up rather than to just push her aside like he had tried when he first came into the office. "Please?"

@Akashi

Scarlett - Morgantown Gym - Tyler/Katie/Liam/John/Others

As the group around her spoke, Scarlett remained quiet. She wasn't exactly listening to the talking. Instead, she was focusing on a 'hollow' feeling inside of her chest and stomach. It felt wrong and it made her feel empty. It didn't matter though. Not now. As she was staring off into space, a glance from Tyler was all it took for her to break out of her trance and snap back to present time.

"Tyler?" Her voice was quiet as she placed a hand on his shoulder and urged him to follow her over to a couple of chairs. She let Liam go and allowed him to do as he pleased but warned him to stay close. It was different with Katie; Scarlett knew that the girl wouldn't want to leave her father's side any time soon.

Once they were by the chairs, Scarlett waited until Tyler had taken a seat before sitting herself. She feared his leg was only getting worse by the minute. "Did Nathan tell you about another building?" She began, her voice hushed so the others that were several feet away couldn't hear even if they wanted to. "Mr. Claiborne told me that not everyone could stay, but he also told me that those who couldn't stay would go to another building like this one." She left out key things such as Claiborne not assuring their survival. They could deal with that. "If the children must stay, then you stay by default. Some of the others would go. I don't find it wrong. I think it would be for the best. Maybe we could even talk Claiborne into meeting with the other group. If there's too much room her, even Sam and I could go over there? We wouldn't be far." Her voice held little hope as she spoke to Tyler, trying to sound as optimistic as she could, even with the empty feeling inside of her. She could tell by the look in his eyes that he wasn't too sure about it all, but she had to give him alternatives. At least until his leg healed.

"Obviously, we don't have to go about it now... But, I just wanted to tell you what my meeting was about."

@Atomyk

Reactions: Josh M and Atomyk
Heather - Road - Group

"Shit!" Heather swore when she saw the walkers heading their way. "We gotta go!" She banged on the side of the van.

"He'll be done in a minute," Jess said.
"No he'll be done right now! Walkers!"
Jess wasted no time. Pulling her shirt down she climbed out of the van. Heather grabbed her medical bag and the bag with the baby supplies and took off, Jess on her heels.
They headed towards the shelter where everyone was gathered.
"She's either got to let us in or we break in," Heather stated. "And there is not much time for decisions here."

Having your lunch cut short would be enough to anger any male. Ben, small as he was, was no exception to this. His little face turned red with anger as he balled up his fists and started crying in protest. Jess did her best to quiet him. She put her finger in his mouth but he wasn't falling for it, sucking for only a second before crying again.

Jess began to get frantic. She couldn't do this. Her baby was going to bring the walkers right to them. A good mother would be able to get her baby to be quiet. She was a terrible mother. She didn't know how to do this. Putting him on her shoulder and bouncing him didn't work either.
"Please!" She begged the person behind the door. "Please let us in! I'm begging you! Don't let my baby die like this!"

--------
Katie - Morgantown - Tyler, Scarlett, Others

Everything was so serious. Katie stayed close to her daddy and Scarlett, but she was worried. The adults talked around her, some probably forgetting she was there. She understood what they were saying.
Not all of them were being allowed to stay.

"Scarlett?" She asked quietly. "You're staying with us... right?"
The little girl was firmly attached to the woman. She wanted reassurance that she, unlike the girl's mother, was not going anywhere.

Sitting on the floor between Tyler and Scarlett's chairs, she took each of them by the hand, as if she could keep them together just by holding their hands tightly.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Josh M
Rob - Natchez - Elliot/Reese/Fan/Damian/Totally not Monica/Stranger

Rob only focused on the first part of the question. Staring at his hand blankly. The adrenaline of the fight drained away and what was left was the searing pain. Gritting his teeth, he clenched his fists before looking up at the woman. "No, I'm fine" He said bluntly, he stared in silence. Before registering the next bit of the words she spoke. "What, no...we're, I mean. Me and Elliot are not going back to your safe house. We have our own people to get back to." He responded right as Damian came rushing back.

As he pointed to the nearing undead, Rob swore. "We can't catch a fucking break!" He spoke out loud particularly to no one. Backing up,he glanced at the woman sitting there. He would of grabbed her, but the pain going through his entire arm convinced him otherwise. "Just grab her Elliot" Not caring if he actually heard him or not.

As he turned around, he noticed that among their (at this point almost impressive) amount of problems, there was also an entirely new person as well. Rob would of shrugged and given up at trying if it wasn't for the fact that he was trying not to be eaten.

"Damian, stop being a fucking sword wanker and let's go!" He shouted out as he followed the new stranger with glasses. Glancing back to see that Elliot had indeed grabbed the biter. Who was just absently following, as if completely ignoring the situation around them.

As the one with Glasses asked the question, whether she wanted anyone to answer or not. Rob wished he had a wall to punch. And that he his hand was in the state to punch. "We're waiting on nothing! So let's go! Getting back to Danny and Holly, not dying how amazing now hurry your asses up!"

Tyler - Morgantown Gymnasium - Scarlett/Katie

He was still staring at Stacey and wondering what to do with Adam when he felt Scarlett's hand on his shoulder. He heard her say his name in her soft voice, making him feel as if a lump had lodged in his stomach. He felt the urge to tilt his head to the side to feel the touch of her hand, but embarrassment kept him in check. He coughed awkwardly to hide the fact that his face was heating, nodding quietly as Scarlett led him to the seats. He winced noticeably from the pain of sitting down, but managed to smile at Katie as she took his and Scarlett's hands.

"He didn't say anything about a second building," he whispered in turn, leaning closer to Scarlett. His eyes shifted slightly toward the others, knowing that some would find their whispering to be suspicious. There was no way around it; Katie came before them, no matter the consequence. He listened intently as Scarlett continued, brow furrowing at the amount of information Nathan had apparently neglected to mention to him. The mention of Sam put Tyler a bit on edge, his body fidgeting in response. He lifted a hand to rub at his neck, dark eyes staring into Scarlett's own.

"Okay. Scarlett, listen. During the meeting, before the shooting started, Nathan got a message over his radio that a member of his community had arrived with the rest of our group. Your sister and the others, those we left back at the plaza. They fired on them to make them leave. I'm sure they got away, but that's not the problem I'm seeing." Slowly, Tyler reached over with his other hand and placed it on Scarlett's arm. He held it there for a moment, his eyes shifting toward the others in the gymnasium. "If this other building has room, why go to such an extreme? Maybe there's no room at all, and he was lying to you to make you feel better about it. At one point in my life, that's what I would have done. Do you understand?"

Perhaps they were assuming too much, but being paranoid was the only way to live these days. Tyler doubted something intentionally evil or diabolical was happening here, but he knew the lengths even good people could reach if they felt it was necessary. "Going to this other building might just mean ending back where we started. You and Katie are the last people I want out there, okay?" Then, Tyler's grip on Scarlett's arm tightened slightly. His eyes focused on Adam in particular. "We both know the biggest complication. If Adam is about to get himself killed... we let him. We let nature run its course. Please."

Last edited:
  • Love
Jon- out the Fallout shelter- Jess, Hank, Heather,Lia, Floyd, Others

This was getting worse. Jess, the woman with the child was now nearby, and her baby, Ben, was crying. The poor girl was a wreak. Joe, would lightly grabber her hand, turning towards him. As the two faced each other, Jess would see Floyd's damage, along with the remints of Joe lightly crying.

"Hey. You're going to be okay. We all are. You're going to live, your boy will too. If I have to kill every shambler that comes near you with my bare hands, so be it. Just stay in front of me, stay in front of shelter door. so when Lia open's it, you two get in first."

Joe seemed all smiles, all faith, but inside, the man was a wreak. Lia was going to do the right thing, he hoped.

@Lady Myst @Atomyk

Fan - Natchez - Elliot, Resse, Damian, strangers.

Fan knew right now wasn't much to say, just following orders. Grabbing Reese, she would follow Elliot and his group.

"Come on, Bike boy."

@C.T

Reactions: Lady Myst
Lia - Fallout Shelter - Joe, Hank, Floyd, Jon, Enrique, Aubrey, Imogen, Jess, Abrham and Others

Lia chuckled after hearing Joe's little speech. It was funny how he seemed to think she would let those people into her shelter. "That's a nice sentiment," she told Joe coldly, narrowing her eyes. "It's too bad I'm not like you. I'd rather lose my soul than my life." Maybe I already have.

The young woman took a step back from the door, surprised when Renegade stopped growling behind her. Instead, her companion rushed over to the door and began scratching at it. Lia frowned. "Not you too." She paused to grumble before speaking to Joe again. "They tried to kill me! Why should I let them in? They might kill me! And how do I even know they have a baby? Prove it! Put it by the door and let me hear it cry! For all I know, they could be telling you to say anything you can to get me to let all of you in, with a gun pointed to your head. They didn't exactly look like they were your pals..."

Taking yet another step back from the door Lia added, "By the way, if I do let them in and they try to kill me, you'd better hope they succeed, Joe, because if not I'll be killing you," she threatened. Lia was in no mood to mess around.

@Josh M @Lady Myst @Atomyk

Joe, Outside the fallout shelter - Lia-Jess- others

Frowning at Lia's words, he would look at Jess. He would lightly take the crying ben.

"She needs to hear him., i'll give him right back"

Putting right over the door, she could her ben, whaling.

"You happy!?"

@Lady Myst @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Last edited:
Claiborne Bonder - Morgantown - Alannah and Nathan

Allowing Alannah to get her questions in, Claiborne sat there in peace until it was time to stand. He firmly pushed against the rocking chair's armrests and raised to Nathan's level. Starring at the man with glaring eyes, he fixed his coat and slid both hands in his pockets.

"I have already shared with Alannah the events that unfolded in our yard, there is nothing more to say."

Suddenly his words were followed by the shriek of a handheld radio. Mel - the unconventional and naive leader - yelled out for his attention in an unsurprisingly rude manner. Clay reached for the device and turned it off before Mel could finish getting her words in.

Returning his gaze back at Nathan, he said "I think this (referring to Mel) has to be handled first. We cannot continue to put it aside for it has become a problem."

Claiborne then maneuvered through the two people in his office and left it after obtaining his sheet of paper. He raised his radio and spoke through it to Mel.

"Meet us at the entrance for we will explain everything to you there."
Mel - Morgantown- Riley

"I'll be sure to hold my breath." She deadpanned, taking her thumb off her radio and set it back on the car's dashboard. "Thank god, that was relatively painless for once. Not as annoying. You heard the prick, Riley. To the entrance we go. Maybe we'll get some real answers."

@TheSpringwoodSlasher

--------------------------

Reese- Natchez - Elliot/Damian/Fan/others

"Uh...okay. But can I get my bike first? And it's Reese. That's my name."

@Josh M

• Love
Scarlett - Morgantown Gym - Tyler/ Katie

Scarlett smiled as she looked down to Katie, still listening to Tyler. She gave the girls hand a light squeeze, wanting to reassure her that things would be fine. She only looked up when Tyler mentioned how Nathan had not told him about the other building. "What?" She was confused, and for once, she let it show on her face. She had kept herself quite stoic since the events had unfolded at Baton Rouge, letting anger fuel her up until now. The confusion only worsened after he explained that it had been the other half of their group that was outside the walls. "Sam?" Scarlett's eyes widened as she remembered the gun shots and a feeling of panic settled in as she turned towards the doors.

After a second of letting her imagination run wild, Scarlett focused on Katie's hand and turned back around, nodding at Tyler. "I understand."

The fact that he actually cared about her well being, and said it out loud, made Scarlett momentarily forget about the feeling of uneasiness. With her free hand, she reached up and placed a hand on his cheek, not really caring if others saw. "Thank you," letting her hand fall back on her lap, she turned to look over at the group, eyes on Adam. She didn't respond, but she agreed with Tyler. She wouldn't be the one to get in the way of Adam's downfall.

@Atomyk

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: SheriffLlama
Nathan - Morgantown Community - Alannah, Claiborne
Obviously, Claiborne decided to exit the room without a single word regarding the events outside, but instead mentioned the Melanie issue. There were other things to worry about, much more important than the latter. However, the old man felt nothing, Nathan could clearly see that on his face. As if his decision was the right one, and the corpse out there was just another one that did not matter, like the undead.

However, he had realized the difficult position he was in, even if the choice was simple. Above anyone else, the community came first, Alannah came first. Now he had to protect them alongside Claiborne from any outside danger, which was bound to happen. Alannah eventually grabbed his attention, now that they were both alone in the room. Nathan was much more calmer now that he gave her his attention. He could clearly see the tension and the concern in her eyes.

"Yes.. Yes. You're right." He held her hands in return, giving her a re-assuring smile that he was doing just fine. "I know you have a very close relationship with Claiborne, but I need you to stay away from him. He's dangerous. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say." He glanced over at the exit, before continuing.

"But, I know, you're as stubborn as they get." A trait he quite enjoyed seeing in her. If there was something she wanted to know, she just wouldn't stop until she found out. "According to Clay, the shooting outside happened because of the group Joe brought back with him. Yes, they seemingly opened fire first before Clay responded in kind.." This was the part he just couldn't believe. The circumstances behind that one death said otherwise.

"They are still out there, with Joe.." He explained, but a thought struck his mind, and that was about Claiborne and Alannah. What he might've told her. If anything, Nathan did not want her involved in all the lies, and besides, if she found out about the old man lying, it would crush her.

Nathan knew that she considered him as a father figure. "All I know is that what happened out there.." He tilted his head to the side, towards the direction of the outside, the gates, before looking back at Alannah. "Has put this entire Community at risk. Has put you and our baby at risk.."

He was concerned for her well-being. "I know Claiborne ordered the guards to open fire on an unarmed woman.. And that woman may be related to Scarlett. The one who came with Tyler and the rest since yesterday." Yes, they looked almost if not exactly the same.

"I dont know what he's been telling you, Anna.. But don't believe a single word coming from his mouth. Would you at least stay away from him?" He did not want her in the middle of his issue with Claiborne. If he didn't know better, the old man may even use her against him. Nathan knew that Alannah would perhaps have a hard time believing in him, and to stay away from the man.

Keeping eye contact with Alannah, he kissed her on the lips. "I can't let anything happen to you.."

@Wolverbells @-QT-

Emma - Natchez - Danny and Holly

Emma was zoned out, staring at the ground and running her index finger across the flat of her knife blade. She didn't hear the door of the house open, and she didn't hear the bare feet running across the ground. She didn't even know she wasn't alone until she heard the string of curses behind her. The sound caused her to flinch and lunge away, turning and holding her blade at the newcomer. She swore under her breath. "Oh my God, you're alive..." She stated, demonstrating that she was still one of few words. She looked at Danny Heidecker for the first time in almost three months.

Without further explanation, she dropped her knife, leaned back on the ground and breathed a sigh of relief, delighted simply by the fact of seeing a friendly face, better yet a familiar one. She pushed herself upright and stood, walking over to him and wrapped her arms around his torso, her joy in seeing him outweighing the awkwardness of his clothes - or lack thereof.

She pulled away, not offering any more words, but her sincere smile letting him know that she was genuine happy to see him.

Abram//Hank - On the Run - Aubrey

"Wait! Jess no!" Abram called out just as he had positioned himself to get the van back on the road. He hadn't even been able to shut his door before seeing Jess run into the woods after Floyd - or so he thought that was her reasoning. Heather then followed suit, rushing with her medical equipment after the young girl and her son.

Hank raised an eyebrow as he witnessed the people go against his orders. "God dammit," he cursed to himself as he started to run after Jess. On his way towards the woods, he saw Abram jump out of the van with intent to follow Jess himself, but Hank yelled out that he himself would get her and that he was to remain in the van.

Not even checking if Aubrey was on his tail, Hank dashed into the woods in chase of the two naive women. He had a look of frustration planted on his face as he could hear the sounds of walkers approaching. He could see Heather before him slightly, losing her as she camouflaged with the colors of the lumber that surrounded. As they went further into the woods, walkers initiated their attack - leaving their lonesome post in attempt to get a decent meal.

One came at Hank but was too slow to stop his further progress. Hank just dodged him as he continued to run. But then the corpse's company attacked as well, forcing Hank to stop in his tracks as he met a barrier of walkers. His nose flinched as he raised his pistol and fired at the first walker, the bullet piercing it's brain and crashing into the tree right behind it. Then he quickly shifted his weight before the another of the dead could grab him and used his momentum to knock him down with a swing of his pistol - firing at it's skull once its body clashed against the ground.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Floyd - On the Run - Jess, Heather, Joe, Enrique and Lia

Hearing the gunfire caused Floyd to turn around and attempt to look passed the walkers, but could not see anything. He could only hear Ben cry and scream at the fright of the growling cadavers that closed in. The desperation intensified as the man was forced to drive his knife through one of the creature's head. It's knees gave out and the body tumbled to the dirt.

He looked at the door that had yet to open and became uneasy. The walkers were too close, they were in genuine danger for what seemed to be the first time in a while. Floyd truly began to fear that this would be his end, but couldn't give up. Jess was there, Benjamin was there, he had to continue fighting for them. "HEY!! OVER HERE!!" he started to yell out as he quickly shoulder tackled a walker in attempt to get their attention.

He started running away from Fallout Shelter, trying to at least give the others a chance to live a little bit longer. Floyd ducked under the arms of some walkers, evading them and using whatever energy he had left to escape. Drawing the attention of most walkers with his screams, Enrique would have a decent chance to protect the others until either the latch opened or there was enough space to run back to the street.

Soon enough, Floyd could no longer turn his head and see the others. He was alone again, but did not mind the feeling if it ensured the survival of Jess and the others.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abram//Hank - On the Run

The soldier did not find it in himself to leave. He parked the van and stood there with his rifle awaiting everyone's return. Hearing ruffling leaves, he turned his attention to a certain point where the woods met the street. He took a knee and looked through his reflex sight. Noticing a decaying face, Abram fired a single shot which was quick to collide with the walker.

Then he heard another sound and positioned himself to fire again - which he did, killing two more walkers that came out of nature's own. Hearing more and more uproar, Abram became very worried for his people's safety. Then, his scope fixed on a familiar face, but painted red - it was Hank, he had returned.

Hank fired his gun at a walker that trailed behind him, ending its final life. He quickly rushed to Abram's side. "There's too many of them!"

"Where are the others?" Abram asked as he continued to shoot.

"I'm not sure, I couldn't get to them..." Hank stated breathlessly. The man still took aim and fired as he rushed to the van.

"Abram! Let's go! We'll circle back"

Mel - Morgantown- Riley

"I'll be sure to hold my breath." She deadpanned, taking her thumb off her radio and set it back on the car's dashboard. "Thank god, that was relatively painless for once. Not as annoying. You heard the prick, Riley. To the entrance we go. Maybe we'll get some real answers."

@TheSpringwoodSlasher

--------------------------

Reese- Natchez - Elliot/Damian/Fan/others

"Uh...okay. But can I get my bike first? And it's Reese. That's my name."

@Josh M
Riley-Morgantown-Mel

riley201_zpsre1d5gtw.jpg

Riley listened in relative silence as Clay's voice sounded out through the radio. He had about the reaction that the scout was expecting. No doubt, Mel's aggressive attitude might have worn on the other's nerves if Riley could assume. Whether or not that would lead to something bad later on down the line, he wasn't sure. But he'd follow Mel and if she wanted to confront Clay then that's what they'd do.

"Then we'll meet them head-on. I hope you don't mind if you do the talking for the two of us. With or without the mask, I doubt he'll take a scout seriously. But I'll back you up if need be and by that I mean I'll be your ride."

Whether or not Mel responded, he'd drive off until they reached the entrance of Morgantown where Clay stated he'd be waiting for them. To clear up the matter of why the shot had been fired and why a person who wasn't a shambler was dead.​

True to his word however, he stayed back in the car as Mel got out. All the while keeping one hand on the wheel and another on his wrench. Still keeping a glare focused on Clay at the same time. Riley hadn't much of a chance to get into a one-on-one talk with the guy. But he just didn't sit well with the young scout.​

riley202_zpseshewtdo.jpg

"Watch yourself, Mel.."

@C.T. @-QT-

Jessalyn - Shelter - Others

Too many things were happening nce.
Guns firing... Ben crying... Joe talking to someone, then talking to her... promises of safety... the groaning of walkers...
Someone taking Ben from her arms. Panic. No. It was Joe, trying to get the woman to open the door.

Floyd... Floyd yelling... running... away from them...
"Floyd?" Jess asked quietly, curiously, as if everything was happening in slow motion.

Then suddenly everything came back to reality with a crash.
"Floyd NO!" Jess screamed before her mouth was covered by Heather.
"Shut up! You'll bring them back here!" She hissed harshly.
Jess struggled, her screams muffled by the other woman's hand, tears of panic in her eyes. She couldn't lose him again!
"The idiot is giving us a chance," Heather continued. "Giving you and Ben a chance. Do you want really want his sacrifice to be in vain?"
Jess struggled all the more. He couldn't die! He couldn't leave her!

"Oh for God's sake, where's the ether when you need it?" Heather said, exasperated. Then spun Jess around and slapped her hard. "Shut the fuck up. I swear to God if you make another sound I will feed you to the walkers myself."

Jess jerked away from the woman, pulling back near Enrique and Joe. She took her baby back from Joe and buried her face into his blanketed form, weeping. She could only see images of Floyd being ripped apart in her mind, horrific images that were worse then a nightmare.

Please bring him back, she begged whatever God was still listening, bring him back to me.

Aubrey - Woods by the Road - Hank/Abram/Others

The fact that everyone was doing whatever they wanted made Aubrey beyond frustrated. Joe had gone off and and into the trees, then the one with the baby went after the man that didn't even care about her. "Dumbasses." Her words came out like venom as she spat them at no one. She could only watch as the ignorant people she had chosen to stick with, ran into the woods when it was none of their business.

She could've left them. Once Hank ran, Aubrey could have easily ran off the other direction where the walkers hadn't come out of yet. Unfortunately, Aubrey found herself thinking of Levi's words back when she was nearly killed by the cannibal, and sighed, knowing she had made a promise to be 'good'. Or at least try. With her mind being made up, the teenager jumped out of the vehicle she had already got in and sprinted after Hank. He was already well ahead of her so she tried to listen closely to the falling of footsteps, which didn't work quite as well, having everyone's footsteps along with the walkers mixed up.

Aubrey had managed to keep her cool up until the moment the gunshots began to ring. Panic began to set it because she knew that either meant someone was getting shot at, or there were too many walkers around. As she finally reached Hank, Aubrey quickly drew and arrow and took aim at the nearest walker. There were too many of them and there was too much noise, coming from all directions. As she shot off two more arrows, she started noticing that they were getting too close. She couldn't draw her arrows fast enough. Making that observation, she resorted in taking out her tactical knife and shoving it upwards into their jaw and through the skull. Even though Aubrey hated showing weakness or asking for help, she was way in over her head. The girl was used to shooting at these things from afar, never having to get within a ten foot range. Here she was, an inexperienced fighter, face to face with the dead, trying to shove a blade in their skull.

"Hank!?" Although she had taken a couple more down with the knife, her arms began to tire and she began to get slow in her movements. It didn't help that her bullet wound, that should've fully healed by now, had begun to bleed a bit. Aubrey's voice was shrill and filled with panic as she called for the others, her eyes scanning the trees around her frantically.

Alannah - Claiborne's office - Nathan

The woman had nothing to say after Nathan had finished speaking. She was, for once, torn. She'd never had to deal with the two men opposing each other.

"I can't stay away from him, Nathan. What if he comes in hurt one day? What if he needs my opinion on something? We all live here, in the same building." She frowned as she looked up at him, knowing it wouldn't make him happy to hear that. "I can promise to be more careful though. He's never hurt me, and I doubt he ever will, but I'll keep an eye on him." She gave him a reassuring smile afterwards before wrapping her arms around him and giving him a tight hug. "We'll be fine," she whispered, letting herself relax momentarily before letting go. "Go deal with whatever is going on. I'll go tell the people in the gym that everyone in the building is safe. Plus, I still haven't finished checking up on everyone."

Riley-Morgantown-Mel

riley201_zpsre1d5gtw.jpg

Riley listened in relative silence as Clay's voice sounded out through the radio. He had about the reaction that the scout was expecting. No doubt, Mel's aggressive attitude might have worn on the other's nerves if Riley could assume. Whether or not that would lead to something bad later on down the line, he wasn't sure. But he'd follow Mel and if she wanted to confront Clay then that's what they'd do.

"Then we'll meet them head-on. I hope you don't mind if you do the talking for the two of us. With or without the mask, I doubt he'll take a scout seriously. But I'll back you up if need be and by that I mean I'll be your ride."

Whether or not Mel responded, he'd drive off until they reached the entrance of Morgantown where Clay stated he'd be waiting for them. To clear up the matter of why the shot had been fired and why a person who wasn't a shambler was dead.​

True to his word however, he stayed back in the car as Mel got out. All the while keeping one hand on the wheel and another on his wrench. Still keeping a glare focused on Clay at the same time. Riley hadn't much of a chance to get into a one-on-one talk with the guy. But he just didn't sit well with the young scout.​

riley202_zpseshewtdo.jpg

"Watch yourself, Mel.."

@C.T. @-QT-
Mel just gave the mask wearing scout an amused look at his statement."That's what I've been doing like this whole entire time, ain't it?" She rebutted. "So nah, I don't mind. You do you and I'll get some truth instead of that pack of lies that Carlos and Phillip fed us back there. Hopefully. We'll see." Mel remarked, clambering out of the car and sauntering forward towards the entrance, hands firmly jammed into her jacket pockets as she waited for Claiborne to show up.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @-QT-

Status
Not open for further replies.