Where should the Travel Writers Club go first?

• The Zoo! ANIMALS YAY

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • An Amusement Park! ROLLERCOASTERS YAY

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • The Park SWINGS! YAY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Mall SHOPPING YAY

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay this is closed for sign ups now!

O9QHtiL.jpg

Nakamura Tomoki
中村智樹
"Tomo"

Year: Year 3
Typical Uniform: Top

Personality: cheerful, positive, energetic, deeply caring, loud, spontaneous, soft-hearted but short-tempered
Likes: everything about his hometown, his little brothers, pandas, oyaji gag and rakugo
Dislikes: big/noisy animals, horror movies, spicy food, English class
Quirks: blatant Kansaiben, bright colored and eye-catching fashion, panda collection, that mole

Brief Bio:
Born to a weightlifter mother and a rakugoka father, Tomoki's life was filled with laughter and physical exercise since childhood. He radiates the vibe of his Osaka home and works hard in everything he does. In his last year in middle school, he confessed to the girl he liked but only to find out that she was leaving for Tokyo to find the man of her dreams. Planning to catch up to her, he had applied for a Tokyo school but his average grades couldn't get him close enough. Still not broken by it, he decided to enjoy his time in the capital city, hoping to bring his hometown's warm smiles and tasty treats to the cold chrome city. In his senior year, he plans to make lots of memories before making a decision of whether to return home or stay.

Club History:
Due to his extroverted and caring nature, he knows a lot of people and is fairly well liked. However, he doesn't have the attention span to do only one type of extra-curricular activity for an entire year. His homeroom advisers have been telling him to make up his mind about his future plans and he has not submitted anything. By chance during his final year, he was visited by some tanuki like an answer to his prayers. Particularly because the invite didn't make any sense and was wrapped in mystery, he joined, hoping for a new adventure.

Family:
(Junichi - Father - 43- rakugoka)
(Yoshiko- Mother - 39- weightlifter)
(Teppei - Brother (younger)- 13- middle school student)
(Kouji - Brother (younger)- 10- elementary school student)
Episode One
A person with a normally sunny disposition looks twice sadder without their smile. Such was the case with Nakamura. His light brown eyes were shaded with uncertainty and his broad shoulders drooped as he stood in the faculty room.

"I'm not scolding you," his homeroom teacher said kindly. "I'm just telling you, this is a good time to choose your path. And we teachers will help you."

"Yessir." Nakamura murmured, looking at his teacher's knees.

"So, watch out for your English and make sure to join a club. I heard the Library club has a nice English books activity. And you're pretty good at sports too. But by all means, find yourself, Nakamura-kun. You can go."

Nakamura dragged his feet outside the room and pondered. What club hasn't he tried? He tried out for nearly every sports team but never joined any. He couldn't stand the predictability of the other clubs. On top of it all, he hasn't found the courage to contact his longtime crush even though he knew where she was.

"Please, god." He sighed, "I just need an intervention-"

And there it was.

"...my club." A tanuki had appeared before him, holding a piece of paper.

"Huh?" Nakamura rubbed his eyes, just to make sure.

"...n my club."

"Come again, I didn't hear--"

"JOIN MY CLUB!!!" The tanuki came at him.

"YES! A CLUB!!" Nakamura ran to the tanuki with open arms. "AT LAST! THANK GOD!"

#c45fcf
7Yfx63F.png

0Zemg83.png
[BCOLOR=transparent]& [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]name [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]; Motori, Momoe.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]& [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]age[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] ; Sixteen.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]& [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]year[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] ; Year 1.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]& [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]gender[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] ; Female.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]& [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]typical uniform[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] ; White short sleeve button down + black ribbon, B&W plaid skirt, knee high socks, and formal shoes.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]& [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]personality[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] ; [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Blunt [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent];[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Hotheaded [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent];[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Hot-Cold [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent];[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Serious [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent];[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Confident [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent];[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Analytical[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]& [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]likes[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] ; [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent][/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Tidiness. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent][/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Good hair days. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent][/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Quiet.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]& [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]dislikes[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] ; [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent][/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Rowdy environments. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent][/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Tall people. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent][/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Children and animals.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]& [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]quirks[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] ;[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]{[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Animals and children are attracted to her, but she's awfully germaphobic so she can't deal with them without being fearful for her life.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]{[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]She's damn blind without her glasses.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]{[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]She's really bad at art.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]{[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]She has her rich person moments: 'W-What? Just because my parents are going to pay my college tuition doesn't mean I'm lucky, I still have to have a good job and pay my own rent when I get older!'[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]{[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]She has a natural talent for math and sciences.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]{[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]She's always mistaken for a junior high student and has a life-long wish to be tall.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]& [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]brief bio[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] ;[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Momoe is the youngest of a small family, with an older brother. The Motori family is one with some relatively good buck and lives in a three-story home in a wealthy neighborhood. Her parents often worked, and usually didn't have time to stay at home or eat at dinner. Most of her time as a young girl was spent with her face in her books, a promising all A student. As she grew older, she found herself living in her brother's shadow, whom her parents adored for his unbreakable work ethic and satisfaction with going into the medical field. Momoe was scared to admit that she wants to do something different than medicine, but when she did, she was ridiculed. It wasn't a suggestion. This was going to be a family of the sciences.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Momoe isn't sure what she should do. She feels like a stranger in her own home because of this issue.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]& [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]club history[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] ;[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]{[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]Tea Club[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] I.E rich people club! They were her type, sure, but she still felt alienated because of their satisfaction with their lives. Momoe wanted to explore, wanted to talk about things that they didn't care about. They found her childish for her need to deviate from her family's history of a medical background. Momoe decided that she didn't want to be a part of this club after all. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]{[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]Art Club[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Dear god, Momoe embarrassed herself so bad in this club. She is in no way artistic, much to her dismay. She's always admired the fine arts and found it to be a talent she's always wanted. But being in a club didn't magically make her Da Vinci. She quit faster than she could draw another stick figure. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]{[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]Mathematics Team[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Momoe was a master in her team, being naturally bright with numbers. Her peers said she has much promise being a first year. She thought being apart of a club that she would be good at would satisfy her. As much as she liked them and was a genius in this subject, she didn't really like math as a hobby. She decided to quit, finally deciding that clubs aren't for her.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]& [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]family[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] ;[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]{[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Motori Makoto [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]-[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Father [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]-[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] 51 [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]-[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Physician.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]{[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Motori Miyuki [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]-[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Mother [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]-[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] 48 [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]-[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Pharmacist.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]{[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Motori Masahiro [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]-[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Brother [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]-[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] 25 [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]-[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] College student, studying to be a Biomedical Scientist.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Episode One[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] The Tanuki[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Pant pant pant.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Pant pant pant.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A bead of sweat was gathering at the right side of her face as she was poised in an offensive position. Her knees were bent and fists in front of her, eyes glared in focused at the Saint Bernard in front of her poised to play. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Usually, every morning, Momoe would leave her home to journey to school. During that trek, she'd always come across this one huge, furry, slobbering pest that would happily bark and try to play with her through the fence of another's home. She had no idea who lived in the house and who owned them, but she always forgot to cross the street. That meant every day, she would walk along calmly, either reading, listening to music, or just living, and then there is suddenly a booming cacophony of woofing as the mutt would bound over. He would eagerly follow her through the gate, asking for her attention along the way. Momoe would then, after being scared half to death, glare at them and hurriedly speed off.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Today was different. Today the gate was open, and today the Saint Bernard bounded outside to greet her personally. He was now placed a good few feet from her, paws and head down and tail whipping in silence.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Pant pant pant. Pant pant pant. Momoe was poised as if she was about to enter a professional fist fight, her body as tense as threaded steel. The wind whistled, gently blowing against the grass. The dog's fur danced, as well as Momoe's skirt and ribbon. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]With a sudden borf, the pet launched himself forward with thundering paws against the pavement. His mouth whipped with its infected saliva, body growing and retracting in its full-bodied sprint. Momoe was expecting this. She side-stepped to the left, watching the Saint Bernard just as quick bound in her direction. Right before he could capture her with its huge furry body, she jumped to the right with skillful movement while doing an evasive spin. Not missing a beat, she bent her torso low as she sprinted away off into the distance with a long screech. "EYAAAAAA!"[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The Saint Bernard fumbled and fell onto its side, stunned by such a trick, but was up and roaring to follow before a figure stepped in. A man with long dark hair and a nonchalant expression walked over and bent at the dog's side. He held his towel around his hips, clearly out the shower. He was accompanied by a snake curling around his shoulders and a singing bird on the top of his head of black hair. The dog panted, padding closer as he was pet. The owner surveyed the sprinting Momoe in the distance with a small confused hum. "...???"[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Momoe finally arrived, but it just didn't seem to be her day.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Momoe had been in three clubs in her first year. Three! And none of them were for her. It was annoying that it was required to have, as she has failed to find a club to join and stay in so far. The rest sounded awful and downright not something she wanted to be a part of. If she's going to be forced to join one, it might as well be something that she enjoys, right? And looking at all these clubs around, none of them spoke to her except bad memories.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]With a sigh, she turned to begin looking for the math team. Momoe figured she might as well rejoin, and they would be happy to have her back. But her eyes caught on something. A person in a tanuki costume, an old one at that. Even at the sight of it, she scrunched up her nose. Unclean. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Just as she would continue looking for the Math Team, she noticed the tanuki shifting in her peripheral vision. It was moving, or they were moving, towards her at a sluggish pace.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"..." It said something, she didn't hear.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"?"[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"..." It repeated it's mumbling words.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"What?" Momoe asked.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"..." Again it repeated.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Speak clearly, or don't speak to me at a-" [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"JOIN MY CLUB!!!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The tanuki darted towards her, and as it did, Momoe immediately got a flashback to that slobbering Saint Bernard from this morning. She immediately bent her knees, fists up as it charged at her as fast as a speeding train. Momoe side-stepped far left and the Tanuki shifted directions, but Momoe at the last second dodged to the right with an elegant evasive spin. The Tanuki confusedly did a sharp turn to follow, but sadly fell on its side. The papers it was holding flew into the air.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]One of the papers gently floated down to meet the still Momoe. She caught it, sparing the contents a glance. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I don't want to join a club. You don't want to join a club. But we have to, so let's make it fun and write about the many places we go.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Please join the Travel Writers Club[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]And that's how it all started.[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
I'm loving what I see so far guys! I'll be reviewing finished sheets tomorrow!

• Thank You
Reactions: Banana-senpai
O9QHtiL.jpg

Nakamura Tomoki

Brief Bio:
Born to a weightlifter mother and a rakugoka father, Tomoki's life was filled with laughter and physical exercise since childhood. He radiates the vibe of his Osaka home and works hard in everything he does. In his last year in middle school, he confessed to the girl he liked but only to find out that she was leaving for Tokyo to find the man of her dreams. Planning to catch up to her, he had applied for a Tokyo school but his average grades couldn't get him close enough. Still not broken by it, he decided to enjoy his time in the capital city, hoping to bring his hometown's warm smiles and tasty treats to the cold chrome city. In his senior year, he plans to make lots of memories before making a decision of whether to return home or stay.

I'm a little confused about his bio, specifically the parts I've placed in bold. So the message I'm getting is that he follow his crush to Tokyo, and applied to a school there but his grades were too poor to be accepted. So then he decides to make the most of his time in Tokyo and then you jump to his senior year. So I'm confused as to whether he is in school or not, because you said he couldn't get into the Tokyo school.

Did you mean that he couldn't get into the girl's school so he applied to another school near her with lower standards for grades?

@Hemofnoize
You're accepted! ^_^

Almost done with Emiri. Just got her background and episode one left to write up

Reactions: Mundane Monster
i finished momoe btw! :v
i was wondering if they can join and quit a club that same year, but i figured they could since they hold a club fair every month. [if im correct, if they dont like the club they can quit and try next month for something they like.]

i finished momoe btw! :v
i was wondering if they can join and quit a club that same year, but i figured they could since they hold a club fair every month. [if im correct, if they dont like the club they can quit and try next month for something they like.]
That is correct, there is a club fair for every month of school, three times a month. One at the beginning of the school year, one mid year and one at the end of the year.

And you're accepted! :D

• Love
Reactions: yvi.
Mine should be done now. Any questions or concerns, let me know.

• Thank You
Reactions: Banana-senpai
I should have my Tanaki post up by tomorrow evening at the latest sorry about not having my character completely finished

• Love
Reactions: Princess Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.