• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I don't quite understand what you want from me. Can we just go back now? I like your weird human world, sweetheart, but I want to get home now. It's been fun exploring, but my people probably miss me-- you don't mind f I tell them you kidnapped me, do you? I can't say I volunteered for this, or that I've been casually sleeping with a human. Gosh, they'll think I've gone absolutely mad," laughed the woman as she got to her feet, pulling her waist-long hair back up into its typically high ponytail, pressing back into her occasional lover and offered him a lingering kiss to the collarbone. While he was obviously an expert at pleasing her, she had learnt a thing or two about what he liked. She naturally knew how to please a man, but sleeping with him so frequently, she had picked up on his personal preferences, hence why she pressed kisses to his neck and pushed their bodies up close together, her hips swaying up against his. "Don't you want to go and maybe get comfortable in bed again~? I could do with a nice rest, actually. I'm so exhausted, love."​

Slightly pushing her away, he looked down at her with an arched eyebrow. "Him, and knowing that they would easily kill me. What you were probably planning to do right? Well sweetheart. I've had a pleasure knowing you, but I've got to go. This is your home now love. Oh and by the way, here's some friendly advice, never talk to a stranger. Or go with him willingly. I've got to go now." He whispered to her while a rather overly huge and strong man came up from behind to grab her while a doctor sedated her to make her go to sleep.

Eugene chuckled a bit before taking his hefty check and leaving her. To say he was cruel? Was an understatement .

Before the sedatives kicked in, the siren did attempt to clutch her hands into his shoulders and kick out at him once the truth settled in. He had essentially planned this all along, and she had fallen for his smooth words and flirts. How could she have been so stupid! She wasn't a human girl, yet she had fallen for this human man and... gave her virginity to him. Now? She was disgusted with herself, and she was stuck in this place. She didn't know where she was, and she couldn't get back to her home even if she tried.

"...Is she awake? Oh god, you big lump, you didn't overdose her, did you?" Panicked Gregory around an hour or two later, pacing nervously in the great performance tent as Olympia was laid out on the stage, still unconscious. The leader of the show nervously bit his lip, trying to keep his cool-- but this was his main star act now. His nerves were understandable. "Oh goodness, she had better wake up soon, I-I... gave away ten thousand dollars-- nobody is to hurt her, is that understand? I know we're a family, but she is beautiful, and some of you guys can't control yourselves around beautiful women..."​

The doctor, named Doctor Quinn, looked at her. "No I didn't overdose her. She'll be fine. Where did that man even find such a rarity?" Asked the man as he pushed his glasses further up the bridge of his freckled nose. Quinn was an awkward man, with a bit of a boyish fitness to him. He had tanned skin, that was covered in freckles. His hair was a rusty burgundy color, that was thick and styled with a side part, with a little swoop of hair in the front. His eyes were a deep blue, but were hidden behind the spectacles he wore. He stared at Olympia in awe.

"How could he...Give her up so easily? If I found her I wouldn't want to part from her side. She looks so sweet, and nice. Let's all welcome her when she wakes up. Give her a proper welcome." Stated the doctor happily as he ran his fingers through his swoop.

"She's not even that pretty, y'all are exaggerating," mumbled a girl nearby, who, like the rest of the little family, was sat around the siren curiously. Even if she wore a scowl and refused to show her interest, she was intrigued - this was a literal non-human; a siren laid out in front of her. Of course that was going to intrigue her, even if she continued to frown enviously. "She's just an exaggerated version of a woman. I'm pretty, but y'all don't look at me like you look at her. If I had a chest out here, you'd be staring at me," she continued grumpily, holding her arms out in front of her body.

"Look, she's...one of us, Elizabeth," continued Gregory slowly, rolling his eyes at the woman's jealous ramblings. "...A sailor abandoned her here. We ought to take care of her, she'll be upset and saddened."

Hearing that it had been a sailor that had done this did admittedly shut Elizabeth up. She had once been married to one, happily living with him in what she thought was marital bliss. Then the man grew possessive and wanted to make sure she would never leave him... so forcefully tattooed the poor girl. Tattoos were usually reserved for identifying sailors, but apparently, he could pull some strings and ruined her looks for her. She couldn't go out in society like she was, hence why she flocked to the show - at least her, everyone accepted her.

849.png

"...Yes, well, I suppose I can be her friend. As long as she doesn't go having sex with all the guys here."

"She's not having sex with me. My boyfriend would flip out." Greg smiled, sitting on the edge of the stage and shooting his boyfriend -one of the strongmen in the show- a playful grin. "A-Anyway, it's just another addition to our family! Let'snot be bitchy to her just because she... happens to be beautiful. She's our sister now. We protect her and support her, is that understood?"

Quinn nodded before tucking her in, so her body was covered all the way. "...The sailor that last her, they looked close....Like Gregory thought they were married. That's how lovey dovey they were being, Lizzie. So when she wakes up, be nice. She must be sad, and betrayed."

It wouldn't be for a few hours that the siren wakes up. So all the acts prepared a little welcoming for her, like they did with all the acts. One man, Oscar, had made a little cake for her. Oscar was born with a defect of having two extra working arms. All together he had four arms. Everyone called him a demon and a monster. But he wasn't, so he flocked here to the freak show, and now had a family who cared for him. "Hey Doc, is she awake?" commission__djinni_by_inkydemon-d9weiku.jpg

"She's been out far too long, Doctor. Are you sure you didn't give her too much sedative? Oh god, I've never killed anyone before--"

"I'm not dead. M-My head... ow..." Moaned the siren, coming to consciousness as she sleepily sat up from her laid out, sleeping position. It took a few moments of rubbing her eyes and yawning cutely before she remembered everything that happened to her just before, scanning the area with a clearly furious scowl on her face. "Where is he? Where's that awful bastard? I-I'm going to kill him. I-I'll tear his cold heart from his body and--"

"He ain't here," sighed Elizabeth slowly, the woman sat at the side of the stage and sewing up her costume for tomorrow night, eyeing the siren with a tired -though sympathetic- smile. "He sold you to us. We've done our research, though. You're a mythical creature, aren't you? A siren--"

"A-Ah, thank you, Elizabeth, don't overwhelm her!" Gregory eagerly beamed, clasping his hands together and motioning the siren to look at the table of food they had set up. "We want to welcome you, we... I did buy you-- but only because you can be yourself here, and... well, we're a family! Now, we have plenty of meat. Sarah's a superb cook, and we have pork joint and some bacon-- we rad that you... eat human men-- that can't happen now, obviously, b-but... but we can definitely get as much pork and chicken as you want..."

"...What's... I don't understand, I have to go home," the siren continued after eyeing the little family all gathered around. She would have been angry and pushed them all away, if they weren't all so sweet. She didn't trust any human at the moment, but none of them were really... normal humans. Not by society's standard. They were different and 'freakish', so she did sit back a little in genuine curiosity. She hadn't seen any humans like them before, and seeing them behave so sweetly towards her... it did make her hesitate in attacking them, as she would have normally. "That... he... sold me? I wasn't his f-fucking possession..."​

"We know....Its awful what he has done. No human should belong to another. But that is the world we live in. Simply because we are different everyone cast us away. Calls us freaks. But you're safe here. We...We can be your family. Herr we protect each other." Quinn told her with a warm smile. He picked up a plate with meat, before walking over to her handing it to her kindly. "....I know this may be frightening, and I know you're angry with him but...Trust me, here no one would ever harm you. No one would even dare." Promised the doctor.

Oscar waved one of his many arms at her. "Besides, your like the star now, no one would hurt ya!" He grinned trying to lighten the mood. Taking the cake he made, he handed that too her as well. "Eat as much as ya like! After that, me and Lizzie and Gregory could show ya your tent!"

"Oscar....I believe only Gregory is to show her, her tent. He is the ringleader. Why must you include yourself? Besides I believe she'll be sharing a room with Dolly. Dolly's the only one without a roommate."

Dilly was a woman who had a disease that stopped her from growing at the age of eight. She was well over thirty, yet she still appeared to look like a little girl. And she was so doll like. Her parents wanted nothing to do with her so they casted her away. She recently found the freak show, and has been living here since.

And as if on cue, Dolly walked into the tent they were all in, curious to what a real life siren looked like. She gasped softly at the beauty, before waving. "Ello miss..." She greeted with a slight accent. amellia_by_claparo_sans-d9jsoz2.jpg

Staring weakly down at the plate in her hands, Olympia... really didn't know how to react. She wanted to scream at them and just run out; she wanted to go as far as to hurt them, so they realised that she wasn't human and that, after what Eugene had done to her, she didn't trust humans anymore. Hell, she felt like an idiot for having trusted them in the first place.

However, she didn't do any of that. She felt like an idiot, but she wasn't one. She was wise enough to realise she couldn't... just leave. Not now. Eugene was bound to have left the docks now, and while she knew she could convince anyone to take her across the sea... she didn't even know where she was. She couldn't walk out into the country lanes, because inevitably she would get lost. At least here she was fed and kept warm, with humans who... she couldn't help but to smile weakly at, even if she had such a hatred for humans right now.

"Now, Dolly's been wanting a roommate since she came, you know? I'm utterly sure you two will get alone perfectly. I'll take you to the trailer in a little while, but first, we must eat! We rarely have large feasts like this, but introducing a new member to the family is an exception. Besides, you will be our star act, so... you deserve a nice spread," admitted Gregory as the ringleader took his seat at the head of the long table, smiling wide as he began to pour out the wine. "Come sit, Olympia. Don't look so sad-- I... I understand how frightening this may be, but we're... a family now. We'll look out for you."

"...Right..." The woman sighed, the usually confident, flirtatious siren now quiet and subdued as she took a seat besides Oscar. At least until seeing all the food. Never had she seen so much, and, once feeling her stomach rumble, she did pile a lot of food onto her plate hungrily. "I do need to go home soon though. This isn't where I should... be."​

No one decided to comment on that. They had that stage. Where they said they had to go home. This was their home now. And hopefully she would grow to love it.

Three weeks past from that day. And tonight was the big night. Olympia's debut! Of course it took time to really perfect her show. She needed a costume, and she needed to practice. Which is why it took three weeks. And now, tonight was the night everyone had been waiting for.

Many people have heard of some 'siren', so they were curious. Most thought it was a hoax. They thought it was fake. But they came to see anyway. So now. In the grand tent people filled up the seats. They sold out. And if tonight went well, they would have many more nights of selling out, Olympia would be rich, since she would get a cut in on the money.

Dolly was fixing Olympia's hair. The two had bonded, being roommates. Dolly had helped her adjust a bit to the new scenery. "You'll do amazing Olly." She cooed, that being her nickname for her. "Everyone here will be in awe."

Three weeks, almost a month, and Olympia hadn't tried to even leave the weird little place. The people were all outcasts, she lad learned that. Some told them the stories of growing up, where they were taunted, bullied and beaten black and blue, and Olympia did have a heart. She didn't like humans, not after what happened to her, but she liked this little family. Everyone there was like her - they were different and they had all been abandoned and hurt, but they had come together as a family. She still... wanted to go home, but until that chance arose, this... wasn't too bad a place to be. She had been cold to them and rude for the first week, but she was warming up. Hell, she was often seen sitting with Oscar and flirting outrageously with him - she had tried flirting with Gregory for awhile, until seeing him kiss his boyfriend. Then she realised that he was one man who wasn't going to be tempted by her.

"...I don't quite know how this is going to work, Dolly," she admitted with a faint smile to the woman through the mirror. All the humans who came to see the show in that three weeks had treated Dolly like a child, Olympia had seen. She looked like a child, sure-- but that didn't mean she was one. It did infuriate the siren to see them mistake her for a child like that, but it was how money was made. The customers didn't want that illusion to be ruined, even if they knew the truth. They came to watch a show, not to be taught life lessons about not judging a book by its cover. They didn't care about the 'freaks' - they just wanted to be entertained by them. It was shallow and it was horrible-- but it was the one way the little family could survive and make money. It was better than being homeless and alone.

Pouting her lips in the mirror to apply her lipstick, she took a deep breath and smiled at her reflection. Of course she was beautiful, as ever. "...Will my act be alright, Dolly? I mean, I'm quite literally sitting in a glass box full of water. Isn't that boring?"​

"That's all you have to do. Just the sight of you is enough to make everyone go crazy. Do a little twirls in the water and boom, you're the star." Grinned the childlike woman.

Doctor Quinn came into the room smiling at the ladies. "Alright Olympia. It's your time to shine." Cooed the man.

• Love
Reactions: potassiumboron
"...Already? Are you sure?" Answered the woman in genuine fear. She... didn't know why she was so nervous, because these were humans and she never wanted to fear a lesser species, but it was nerve-racking. She had never done something like this before, but she also convinced herself that this was what she liked - attention. She would be observed, adored and have all the attention. All she had to do was move around, and maybe shoot a few flirtatious grins to men in the front row. It wasn't that difficult.

Smoothing her dress out quietly, even if it would be removed in five or so minutes when she climbed into the glass tank, she forced herself to calm down and wandered towards the Doctor with a signature grin on her face. "Mm, I'm fine. I'll blow their tiny little minds, sweetheart. I'm a goddess, that's what Oscar tells me~"​

"Well, you are. Do great out there okay?" Dolly encouraged her with a coo. In the middle of a tent was a huge glass tank, filled with water. Olympia was told to simply walk out there, and get into the take, and change before their eyes so the crowd knew it wasn't some cheap costume.

Everyone sat, anxiously awaiting for this Siren. All of them were chanting, and finally Olympia was called to the stage.

Was she nervous? Of course. This wasn't exactly something she was used to doing. She had gone from living in isolation on the Pacific island, in the middle of nowhere, to now living amongst humans in an oddball family and looking to show her true form - not to kill anyone or feast, but to perform. Of course it was strange for her, but she could learn to enjoy it. She would get fame, attention, money... but mostly, she would be able to provide for the little family and earn her place. She didn't admit it, but she liked the people here. They were strange and all loud and lively-- but they accepted her and it was nice to be liked for her personality, and not just her looks... even if she did enjoy flirting with some of the men there.

And while the first performance had been an anxious affair, the following ones were... well, she would argue they went perfectly. For six days a week -excluding Sundays-, she was the headline act, and once people began to realise that it wasn't a trick, and that she was a siren? The show was constantly full up, packed to the brim and pulling in hundreds of dollars a week. It was more than they had ever had before, and for Gregory, it was genuinely brilliant. Of course, it didn't mean any of them were accepted in 19th century society, but at least they were gaining popularity. However, he did fear that Olympia was overworked. She was the star act, but her health meant far more to him than putting on a show. They were family, and he saw her as a sister-- and so he was trying to cut her days down to just five, so she had more time to rest, make clothes and look her best (even if that didn't take much time).

As much as she claimed she was fine, it was hard to refute Gregory. Olympia put on amazing performances and was constantly given gifts and presents from admirers in the crowds who were too transfixed to even care that they fancied someone inhuman-- but she was tired. She was sluggish and often went to bed far too early, missing dinner. Given she was the one who surprisingly ate the most food, often having third or fourth helpings, the fact she was skipping meals now was an issue.

"Can't you go in and talk to her? She likes you, Oscar," the ringleader mumbled, currently sat out in the tent they ate their meals in and hung out together in when shows were finished, or if it was Sunday. Currently, it was the latter, meaning they could all have a rest. Olympia had been at the place now for five months, and it was in the last month that her health was called into question. Pacing about anxiously, the handsome leader collapsed back in his chair and prodded at his half-eaten meal. "I shouldn't have forced her to work so hard, she's... clearly overrun. Oh god, she's family. I shouldn't have-- I've been-- What if she's seriously ill?!"​

"Gregory, calm down." Oscar told him as he are his dinner before leaning back into his chair to rub his rather full stomach with a satisfied grin. "Look, you know Olympia. She's...Well you know, stubborn. Shes strives to be perfect. And if you think she listens to me, you're wrong. She likes to be in charge, meaning she follows her own rules. Which I like about her. But...I will kindly suggest she takes some time off. Ya know to recuperate." Stated the four armed man. He and Olympia had become close. He liked to think she liked him. But she did flirt with a lot of men. But that didn't stop him from thinking he was special to her.

Standing from the table, he ducked out of the ten, heading through the others to find Olympia's tint. Once seeing hers he cleared his throat before walking into her grand tent. Being so successful meant she had a nicer tent. "Olly? Hey sweetie, how ya feeling today?" He asked with a grin.

"She's sleeping, don't be so rude, Oscar. Olly? You do realise she will kill you if she hears you nicknaming her like that," sighed Elizabeth, the tattooed girl being a regular figure in Olympia's tent these days. Ever since Olympia began to get sick, it did seem that Elizabeth and Dolly were the ones who rallied around her most. Everyone was a family there, and they all adored one another, but at the moment, it did appear that it was Lizzie and Dolly who were closer to Olympia, simply because they took to helping her out.

Lizzie... wasn't the most helpful person around. She was lazy and lethargic, but currently, she was folding up some of Olympia's handmade dresses, taking a few sneaky moments to hold them against herself thoughtfully. Olympia would lend her dresses to Lizzie, and some of the other women, but nobody really wanted to take the attention from her, even if she reassured them they could. Thus, Lizzie usually just admired the dresses when Olympia was asleep.

"Ugh, I'm not sleeping. How can I sleep now Oscar's here? His voice is irritably loud," groaned the siren as she stirred in the grand bed she had purchased. She had money now, and she did decorate her tent fancily, as well as buying beautiful dresses for herself when Gregory went to town. He was the only one who really went shopping - the others, including Olympia, stayed at the little camp. They would just get too much attention in the normal public, after all.

Cutely yawning as she sat up, she kept the blankets over her and offered the four-armed man her usually flirtatious grin, made more cute given how tired and sleepy she was-- though enviously still as beautiful as ever. "When will you all stop worrying about me? I promise you, I'm... fine.

Lizzie stared at the siren for a few seconds, biting her bottom lip at the silence before sighing out loudly. "I can't keep it in, can't you tell everyone? Gregory thinks you're dying, and it's unfair that you're making Dolly and I keep this secret-- she's pregnant, Oscar. It's really kind of cute. I know I'm the feisty one who can kick everyone's ass, but I have a heart and feelings and... It's really adorable. There's never been a baby here, or a child-- shame the father's a total scumbag who I'm going to kill when I see him, but hey, whatever."​

"What?!" Oscar exclaimed a bit with wide eyes staring st the females.

"Shh! Don't be so loud." Scolded Dolly as she entered the tent, holding a bowl of warm meaty soup for Olympia to try and eat. "I suppose you've told Oscar? Ugh, probably broke his poor little heart." The woman snickered a bit as she walked past the four armed man, before sitting beside Olympia. "Try and eat love. So your baby can be big and strong."

"....So the father's that...Fancy, posh man with the Australian accent who came here with you? And now....You're pregnant? So you two were really married and he sold you off?!" He asked, enraged. Of course Oscar believed they were married. The only way to have sex with a woman was to marry her, right?

"I didn't tell him. Lizzie just can't keep that mouth of hers shut," sighed Olympia, cringing a little at the smell of the food. Nothing... really appealed to her at the moment, even though she knew deep down that she had to force some food into her system. What she wanted was what she should be eating; what her kind ate - humans. Though, that wasn't at all possible. Raw meat, therefore, was another preference, but she didn't want to be the centre of attention if they realised she was eating raw meat and questioned her about it. Until now, she had been hoping to keep the pregnancy quiet a little longer - she had been managing to keep it on the down-low so far by choosing more flowing dresses and jackets.

"We... we weren't married, Oscar. I know, I know. That's apparently such a shock in your society. In my society, we have sex when we want a child, and then we kill and eat the father. I should really have refused to have sex, it's inevitable I'd have gotten pregnant-- he was so charming and rebellious and I... I had never had sex before, he was my first. Don't you think it upsets me that I gave away my virginity to an asshole like that, Oscar? I feel awful," she sighed as she finally took the soup from Dolly, pecking her cheek as a sign of her gratitude, before daring to take a small sip from her spoon. "Come sit down with me, Oscar? Please? You shouldn't get so mad. He's gone, he's not coming back-- trust me, if he ever does, I'll make him pay. We all will, I suppose."​

Oscar's face was twisted into a hard grimace. He couldn't believe that any man would just give up Olympia. Yet the father of her child did, without a second glance. Oh if that man were to ever return Oscar promised to strangle him.

Glancing at her stomach, he sighed before holding his head in two of his hands. "...So... we have what..four more months before you deliver? Ladies, I know yous want to keep this all just a secret. But....I think it's time we told Doctor Quinn. He's a doctor, and he can probably help you. This baby....Is surely special. I mean a siren baby? I wonder if its a boy or girl." He mumbled unaware that all sirens are born girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.