• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"...Come on, your son will be fine. I... I've grown to like him quite a lot, actually. He's such a cheeky thing, but he's so loving and... well, I'd love for you to stay a little while after he's better. It may be selfish of me, but I think he's adorable and I'd love to get to know him better. He and Victoria deserve to know one another, of course-- don't fret so much. I know it's hard, but... he'll be alright," she assured once again, gripping his hand in her own and offering a quick kiss to the cheek, hoping that would be enough to at least cease the flow of tears. All animosity towards him had faded. He wasn't some villainous bully - he was a distraught father praying for his son, and she wasn't some monster who delighted in that. She was a mother who could relate and sympathise.​

Nodding, he flashed another smile, before glancing over at his daughter. "Victoria? Come over here, let's talk and get to know each other. Like...What's your favorite color?" He asked as brightly as he could. It was a bittersweet moment. His son was hurt badly, yet he was able to get to know the daughter he never knew he had. His firstborn child.

The young siren peeked up from her stitch work and eyed her mother cautiously, in case she didn't want this and would snap at her. However, when noticing Olympia's encouraging nods and smiles, the little girl rushed from her chair in the corner to approach both her parents, her bright eyes focused entirely on her father's.

"I like pink. Uncle Gregory plants tulips, and the pink ones are my favourite. I like green, too. Like Mommy's eyes," she babbled quietly, fiddling with her hands as her own eyes strayed to her brother. "...Is it my fault? I-I should have talked to him, I was kind of mean, h-he's... my friend-- he's my brother, isn't he?"​

"Oh sweetie, th-this isn't your fault. This isn't anyone's fault." Whispered Eugene as he picked her up and sat her down on his lap. Stroking her hair down, he glanced at Clayton with a brittle smile. "He's going to be just fine. You have such a strong brother. He'll wake up, and you two will play everyday, promise." Whispered the man.

Eugene glanced at Olympia, before offering a smile. "Your mother is allowing us to stay for a while. I'll be renting a home not to far from here. So you can visit me. I can't stay here in the freak show. I'm not very liked here."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: potassiumboron
"Maybe if you didn't refer to us as freaks, we'd be more inclined to let you stay. Clayton can't be moved, and we're not cruel people. We'll allow you to stay. Just... you have to be on best behaviour. This is my family now, and they obviously dislike you, but Gregory... he's sweet. He'll allow you to stay if you promise to help out and be nice," admitted Olympia as she quietly busied herself with brushing Clayton's hair out nice and neat. She didn't want to admit just how much she had fallen in love with the little boy, but it was obvious in how much she was mothering him and fussing over making sure he looked perfect. It was something a mother would do to their son... and Olympia realised that was what she was acting like. A mother.​

"The offer is sweet, Olympia, but I would be more comfortable in the house I rent. The man with the four arms looks like he wanted to kill me. I rather not wake up dead." Answered Eugene, watching her skeptically as she fused over Clayton

"....You're very much a mother. Motherhood fits you, Olympia. Clay always goes on and on about his own mother....You know...When he was only a baby I blamed him. Blamed him for killing my wife...I'm a terrible man. Blaming an innocent baby for the life of my wife. She was weak...She gave birth, and died...After months...I finally took care of him myself. Clay...Just wants to be loved and not scolded..."

"That man is Oscar, and he's... very dear to me, so I recommend you don't insult him while you're here-- when you visit, at least. Clayton needs to stay until he's healed up, that's what the Doctor says, but... I'll care for him. He... He has it in his head that I'm his new mother. Don't worry, I told him I'm not, but... the poor thing was so sad, I just gave him a little cuddle and let him sleep beside Victoria. I didn't mean to encourage him, but-- he was so cute and he and Victoria got on so well," she quietly shrugged, not meeting his eye. She wasn't going to admit that, for a few seconds, she imagined Clayton was her son. She had always wanted another baby, but she knew she was never going to have a boy. It wasn't possible, so Clayton, in that moment, was the perfect way to pretend she had one.​

"Well, I trust that he'll get better with you then. I should get some rest." Whispered Eugene looking at his son warily. Leaning in, he kissed his son his eyes prickling with tears. "Daddy will be right back okay, Clay?" He whispered, before standing up. "...I'll be here first thing in the morning. I'll bring some breakfast for you two." He told the girls, before moving to hug Victoria tightly. "I'll be right back okay? Me and you will play all day tomorrow."

Status
Not open for further replies.