• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Welcome! You have been invited by PavellumPendulum to join our community. Please click here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"...Oscar, don't make trouble? Just... it's best to ignore it and move on, he'll be gone from our lives come morning. Don't do something dumb," pleaded Olympia, pouting for good measure as she got to her feet to lead Clayton, taking a moment to press a kiss to her close friend's cheek. They may not be dating, but she could at least show her affection towards him, especially if it stopped him doing something that would just create more trouble. Eugene could have their show shut down if Oscar did something dumb, and this was her home. She didn't want it to be ruined because Eugene was petty - she didn't put it past him to do something in retaliation if Oscar did hurt him.

"Come on, Clayton-- you know, maybe just for tonight you can think of me as a mommy-figure, just tonight," she sighed, giving into the miserable, childish pouts. Being a mother herself, she did give in easier than she had when she had no mothering responsibilities. It was more difficult now to see a child upset, especially when she could say something to cheer them up. "...You're too cute to say no to, I suppose. But just for tonight. Don't go telling your father I'm your new mommy, alright? I'm simply... your mom for tonight, Clayton-- you're so much like your father. He always had a way of persuading me."​

"You'll be my mommy tonight?" Grinned the little boy as he giggled and held onto her. "Then can you sing to me? And then tuck me in and tell me you love me?" Asked the little boy as he nuzzled into her neck.

She was right about one thing, Clay was a lot like his father. In looks, and the way they acted. He could make people do things he wanted them to do. And well...It was just a blessing of being a Nightingale. "...Why do you think my real momma went to heaven? Did she not like it here?" He asked, his eyes wide with curiosity

"The same reason my Mother went to this Heaven place, I assume. I like to think that God wanted my Mother so badly because he needed some more angels, and she was the best he could find. I think your Mother must have been perfect for that job too, hm? And she's probably watching you from right up there, honey," she gently reassured as she tucked in the little boy beside his half-sister, who was drooling cutely on the pillow in her sleep. Olympia had learnt all about Heaven and the concept of a Christian God from some members of the family, and while she didn't believe in it, she wasn't going to break little Clayton's hopes. She knew it would be nice for him to hold onto some hope, and while she detested his father, she did rather like the boy. He was like Eugene, but... far more innocent and adorable.

"Now, how about I stay right here with you two? Like a Mommy would?" She suggested, moving obediently to lay inbetween the children after kicking off her fancy shoes and taking her long hair out from its elaborate hairstyle. Pecking her daughter's forehead, she repeated the action to Clayton surprisingly affectionately. "Now, you get to sleep, mister. I don't want you running off again. You can stay for breakfast, but after that, you don't come back here, okay?"​

"But...I wanna come back to see you guys." Whined Clayton as he cuddled up to the woman with a happy smile. "...I never had a mommy before so this is nice." He whispered before falling asleep easily.

The next day, early morning Clayton was eating breakfast with his half sister, happily chatting with her. Eugene urgently came to the Freak show looking for his son, seeing his son, he calmed a bit before looking at the table of people glaring at him

"So this is the jerk?" Oscar growled.

"Daddy's not a jerk." Growled Clay.

"Do you have a death wish? I don't want to see your face here ever again, is that understood? Go back to Australia and stay away from me, okay? You're lucky your son is sweet, or I'd have thrown him out onto the street the moment he arrived here. I want nothing to do with you," snapped the woman, making sure to keep her voice to a whisper to prevent the little boy hearing her. Besides, it was all a lie. She would never have ignored him - she couldn't have ignored any child, even Eugene's.

"Now, you promise not to come back here, okay mister? Tori and you had lots of fun, but I'm sure you have lots of friends back in Australia, so you have to go and see them. Tori will miss you a lot, I'm sure, but it was great meeting you, even for a day," smiled Olympia to the child, placing a quick kiss to his temple in goodbye-- while shooting a glare back at Eugene. Just because she was nice to his son didn't mean she was nice to him, not at all. Pulling Tori away almost instantly when she strayed too near Eugene, she forced her eyes back onto her breakfast calmly. "You can go now, Eugene. Before you get attacked, preferably."​

"W-Wait I want to speak to Tori!" Whined Clay as he reached for the girl older than him, whimpering a bit.

"Kid I suggest you and your dad go, before I kill em." Oscar growled glaring at Eugene.

Eugene matched the glare, before picking up his squirming son.

Victoria, who had remained silent throughout the whole exchange, finally peeked up and bit on her bottom lip. Looking at her mother for a moment, she soon turned her eyes onto Eugene with a rather sad, doe expression, which she pulled off perfectly. Apparently, she did understand far more than her mother thought, given she was looking at Eugene with a pouted frown.

"...You don't want to stay and play with me?" She whispered with a sniffle. Sure, she was putting on the sad expression, but she was genuinely upset. If this man was her father, which explained her mother's anger, then why didn't he care to even say hello to her? "I... I've never had a Daddy before-- a-and I have a brother now, and I don't think it's fair to--"

"He's not your father. He's a stranger who needs to get a move on and leave," urged Olympia, glaring at Eugene fiercely as she took her daughter close, trying to stop the pouts and tears pricking her eyes.​

Eugene stopped a bit, looking back at the girl. He didn't care what Olympia wanted. But if this little girl wanted to play, his daughter, than he would. Crouching down, his son still in his arms he looked at her, before smiling sweetly to her. "Of course I want to play with you, Victoria. Your mommy....Doesn't like me very much though. I've done a mean thing to her, which I'm sorry for, but it worked out for the best....Victoria, maybe if you ask your mommy nicely, she allow me to play with you. What do you say? Us three? Me you, and Clay."

Oscar growled at this, before grabbing Eugene by the collar. Before he could yank him up, Clay bit his hand as hard as he could, making the man yelp in pain and snatching his hand back.

"Keep your son under control, Eugene. We all know you don't spend much time with him, but god, try to. He'll be older soon, and then you'll be sad that you missed his childhood. Focus on him, Clayton's... surprisingly adorable considering how awful you are. But no, you aren't seeing my daughter. Just... leave, would you? I told you before how much I'd love to get revenge, and the longer you're here, the more I want to hurt you," hissed the siren furiously, even if some of her anger faded when she glanced to Oscar. Gently reaching for his hand, she rested her own over it with a smile, trying to take the pain away with the warmth of her hand. "Shh, I... I'm happy you defended me, anyway-- Tori, come on, come help bandage up Oscar's hand."

Looking weakly between Oscar and Eugene, the little girl eventually whined and trudged to Oscar. After all, Eugene was a stranger-- Oscar had been around since she was born and had treated her like a daughter. Seeing him hurt made the little girl upset, hence why she didn't look back at Clayton. She didn't like the behaviour, preferring to act right and mature. Hell, she liked to think she was a lady, despite her young age. "...Are you okay, uncle Oscar?"​

"I'm fine. The little brat needs a muzzle." Oscar growled, glaring st Clay.

Clay matched his glare and was about to run over and try to hurt him again before Eugene scooped him up. Girls always tended to be more mature than boys. And besides, he couldn't tame Clay. Clay was...Far too much to handle at times. Eugene sighed before smiling a bit. "Clay, let's go hmm? Say bye."

"What? No! I don't want to leave! I haven't played with Tori yet! Tori don't you care?!" He whined and whimpered before he looked at Olympia. "...Olympia, help please." He whined, his eyes getting big, and his bottom lip jutting out as he pleaded with her.

"...You know I like you, Clayton. I think you're really sweet, but you... I don't want my daughter around your father. It's too complicated for you to understand, but it just isn't going to work-- however, when you're in California next, you can come and visit me, as long as you come along. I suppose you won't be back until you're old enough to travel alone," she murmured-- even if that wasn't entirely an issue for her. She liked Clayton, but she obviously hated his father. If they didn't get back to California for years, then that meant years without seeing Eugene-- and that obviously wasn't a problem for her.

"...We can play when you get back here soon, Clayton. Mommy doesn't want me... seeing your Dad," smiled Victoria bravely, already abandoning the thought of having a father once seeing how everyone at the table reacted. Even Gregory looked mad, and it was hard to get him like that, so she realised that Eugene... wasn't a good man, or at least he hadn't been. Despite wanting to have him in her life, she was also happy to ignore him if it meant keeping her family happy.​

"No! I don't want to wait years to play! I don't want to leave! Why is everyone treating me like a bad kid! They...They always do!" He whined before jumping out of his fathers arms and running off.

"Clayton!" Eugene called running after him. "Clayton, Clayton Nightingale! Stop this-" but before he could finish Clay ran into a street, getting hit by a carriage. Eugene's eyes widen. That didn't just happen. It couldn't have. "CLAYTON!" He screeched running over, the man backing his horses up, completely bewildered. Eugene grabbed his bloody son, tears in his eyes.

Reactions: potassiumboron
The little family may not have liked Eugene very much after knowing what he had done to Olympia, but none of them were horrible people. If anything, they were more accepting and forgiving than anyone, even after the abuse each of them suffered for being different. Even someone like Gregory, who wasn't physically different, had been severely abused in his life when people realised his sexuality. It was Gregory that reacted first, darting past the horrified members of the show to the distraught father.

"...Bring him inside, I... I'll get the Doctor, he'll help," he promised with an urgent tone in his otherwise shaky voice. "Come on, hurry. I-I'll fetch water, and some bandages, a-and... and some towels-- yes, I'll do that! You go into the tent, put him down on my bed and we'll get this... solved, that's a promise."​

Panicking a bit, he grabbed his son, running to the tent quickly. "G-Get the Doctor, hurry!" He yelled."Clayton, buddy, come on, you're okay, you're okay, you're fine." He promised as the Doctor rushed in, helping him.

It wouldn't be for hours until the doctor finally left the room after the long operation. He sighed, taking his bloody gloves off. Eugene sat next to his son, not taking his eyes of the baby. He had to be okay. He had to.

"Is the poor thing okay, Doctor? I... I can't bear it if something happened to him, he's such a sweetheart. Slightly too energetic, b-but... but he'll be okay, won't he?" Olympia murmured, having bitten her nails to the quick during the long hours of surgery. She was admittedly nervous for the little boy, having bonded with him despite his parentage... and it did resolve a little of her and Eugene's bitterness. In the last few hours, she had brought the man tea and a sandwich here and there, just to keep his strength up. Being a parent herself, she knew just how heartbroken he was at the moment, and while she may hate him, she wasn't so petty to ignore him in his time of need.​

Reactions: ForeverRed
Massaging the aching muscles in the back of his neck, Quinn glanced at Olympia. The apples of his cheeks rose only slightly to form a tired smile. "Well, the lad sure did get in quite the tumble but...I believe he should be fairly okay. With a lot of rest, and plenty of fluids. Maybe in a few weeks he'll be up and walking. But...For him to survive this first night is up to him. From what I see he's got a fighting soul. So I believe he'll make it."

Eugene sat beside his son, lines formed in his forehead as he furrowed his brows. Was this karma at work again? Hasn't he paid the price loosing his wife? Now...He'll have to loose his son too? Why? Why must fate be so cruel?! Blinking away stinging tears he gripped onto his son's hand, looking over his bruised face. "....Come on Clayton. You can make it, surely you can. Why...This is nothing, your such a strong boy."

• Useful
"The Doctor said that he should be fine, Eugene. I... know that's only a little comforting, but I trust the Doctor with my life, and I trust his word. If he says that your son should be fine after tonight, then the little boy will be fine. He's a strong thing, isn't he?" Murmured Olympia as the woman took a seat beside Eugene, waiting for the others to leave the room. Despite the hatred for the human, she did reach to take his hand in a show of support, offering a gentle smile across. "Now, come on, Nightingale. Toughen up. Your son is the copy of you, he'll pull through and be just as energetic as ever..."​

"But he's just a child Olympia? How much can a little baby take?" He asked, his voice quivering. Tears began to pour from his eyes, like rain suddenly pouring from the sky. Gripping her hand tightly, he watched his son take shallow breaths. "....He'll be fine...He'll be fine..." He repeated, moving to wipe his eyes. "....I'm so sorry....I'm so so sorry, Olympia...F-For using you the way I did....And now my son is paying for my crimes I...Why couldn't it just have been me?! Why can't I take his place?!"

"You were a rotten bastard, let's not lie about it. But you don't deserve this, and it's... not payback from the Gods. I've killed hundreds of men, let's not forget that I'm no angel either. He'll be fine, and... you both can spend as long as you need recuperating here. I don't think he'll be able to move for awhile, so he'll rest up here. I'll make sure nobody hurts you-- and... and maybe you can bond with Victoria in the meantime," she quietly sighed, glancing to the corner where her daughter was sat attempting to sew together something for her half-brother. "She clearly wants to know you, and... it'd be wrong of me to prevent that, I suppose."​

Eugene glanced at her through his grayish blue eyes. Allowing a mirthless smile form on his lips, he reached to hug her. Honestly he needed some comfort, it was hard to see his son like this. "...Thank you, Olympia....You're such a kind and forgiving soul." Mumbled the man, he then glanced over at his daughter, studying her movements. Sure she looked a little similar to himself, but she was such a little lady, like her mother.

"...She's a lot like you, that I can tell...She'll be strong woman." Chuckled the man, trying to stop his flow of tears, but they just kept coming.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Status
Not open for further replies.