Status
Not open for further replies.
She sighed.

"Siiiiiiiigh."

Princess Sonia Nevermind laid on her queen sized bed in exasperation. Classes just let out in Hopes Peak Academy, and as so, her classmates -- her friends -- had decided to throw a party thanks to the work of Nanami. She, however, was not feeling the holiday festivities. This was her first year out of her country to study abroad, and as such, she was away from her people.

Despite that, she had at least something to relate to. Despite meeting on an online forum, her and Kori had seemed to grow a fondness to writing old fashion letters. It'd be better that way. Without the invitation of instant messaging to have her share more of her personal life than she had to, she was able to make a friend all the way in New York City. Even though she hailed from a royal lineage, ever since moving to Japan, Sonia had a desire to finally be able to be treated as a normal girl, and with Kori, she was able to do so.

Regardless, there she was, a porcelain sack of potatoes, rereading the latest letter written to her by Kore last week. As she flopped over and gave a large belch (something she'd never do in the presence of others), she heard a loud noise that vibrated the walls.

"Oh my! I hope I didn't offend the room with such an unladylike burp!" she cried as she covered her mouth in shame. That was when she saw it. With a coat of paint as dark as her interest in the occult and presences as big as her, her eyes found one of the most beautiful modes of transportation parked in front of her dorm. Quickly getting herself together and running outside, she seemed to be the only one intrigued of the locomotive commotion. Of course, as someone as bold as her, Sonia did not mind this solitude.

She would find that said solitude was only temporary. As she made her was to the caboose to not attract attention, the train picked up speed once again, and she looked at those around her. None of these people seem malicious, and as she was taught at a young age to keep a composure of regal at all time, she noted it would bee fool-hearted to turn back now.

"Hello there, everyone! My name is Sonia Nevermind, and I am happy to accompany you on this journey! But I must ask: where exactly are we headed?"

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Caboose and anyone I missed
Starfire gave a loud gasp, quickly putting her package behind her back, as she studied the girl who had just joined them. Long blonde hair, bright blue eyes, and that name...could it be?

"...Sonia? Is it truly you?"

@Yang Lee @Minerva @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Caboose

Chase looked at the others and paused as he thought. " I can answer your question, Starfire. Trains need tracks to be able to transport people, so yes, most trains have tracks so they can go on their set course to the proper location. Perhaps we just can't see the tracks," he said. He paused and realized he could search the Polar Express in his mind. He used his power to analyze any information he could find on the Polar Express.

@Minerva @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Yang Lee @Caboose

Starfire gave a loud gasp, quickly putting her package behind her back, as she studied the girl who had just joined them. Long blonde hair, bright blue eyes, and that name...could it be?

Chase looked at the others and paused as he thought. " I can answer your question, Starfire. Trains need tracks to be able to transport people, so yes, most trains have tracks so they can go on their set course to the proper location. Perhaps we just can't see the tracks," he said. He paused and realized he could search the Polar Express in his mind. He used his power to analyze any information he could find on the Polar Express.

Marco rose a brow to all the events that transpired. Keeping his hands tucked in his hoodie, Marco looked over Starfire. "You remind me a lot of my best friend, Star." Marco said before turning to Chase. "Also I've seen some stuff like this before. Travelling dimensions every other week kinda shows you some pretty weird stuff. I just want to be sure where we're going, is all."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yang Lee @Minerva @Caboose

As Peter passed his high score on the game, he eventually got bored of it. Putting his phone away, as to not drain the battery, he looked up. Seeing that the amount of people in the passenger car had grown rather large and fast.

Mentally slapping himself for not keeping an eye out on things.

Seeing as he had nothing better to do, Peter decided to socialize. He got up from his seat and was going to walk around and pick a random group or person to start a conversation with. That is until he picked up on what sounded like a kid saying something about the North Pole. And how the train wasn't going there.

Peter would've agreed with the kid. But, after seeing what Dr. Strange does for a living, and seeing a train appear in Queens with no previously laid tracks or anything of the sort. And not waking anyone in the neighborhood up at all. Kinda made Peter go with the whole. 'It's possible. Seeing as what it has managed to do.' thought.

Walking over to the group. He decided to join in the conversation.

"Had I not been exposed to little bit of magic and weird stuff of that caliber. I would agree with you." He said to the kid. "But, seeing as this train has managed to show in places where tracks are absent. And without waking anyone but us up. Which is honestly amazing if you live in New York." He sat down in the seat opposite the two ladies and right next to the kid as he finished talking. Hopefully his spider themed clothes, bandana and goggles didn't appear weird.

@Minerva @Yatagarasu @Passenger car
"That's true!" Mei remarked to Peter's comment. "The little hut I'm living in right now has no train tracks at all!" She then turned her attention back to the skeptical kid. "So maybe this train will lead to the North Pole."

Although she doesn't really believe in the existence of Santa Claus, Mei still believed in the magic of Christmas. Back many years ago, around the same time, she would often celebrate the festive occasion with the other scientists that were on the same site. She liked those days, although she knew she will never experience those magical days every again.

Nevertheless, Mei did not let that get the best of her, and then noticed Peter was wearing some sort of red body suit, with aesthetics similar to those of a spider. "Hey, that's a cool costume you are wearing!" Mei complimented the male with her smile. "Although, Halloween did pass a few months ago."

@Minerva @Yatagarasu @The Wanderer @Passenger car​

"Thanks. I didn't have much to make a special costume. But, with a spider hoodie, bandana and a sewing machine. I managed to create this." Peter said, putting down his hood and messing with his light brown hair. But he kept the goggles and bandana on. Afterall, he had a secret identity to keep.

He chuckled a moment, before he leaned forward. "What do you call a crazy train? A Loco-motive!" The comedian strikes again.

@Yatagarasu @Minerva @Passenger car

Reactions: Takumi
"Thanks. I didn't have much to make a special costume. But, with a spider hoodie, bandana and a sewing machine. I managed to create this." Peter said, putting down his hood and messing with his light brown hair. But he kept the goggles and bandana on. Afterall, he had a secret identity to keep.

He chuckled a moment, before he leaned forward. "What do you call a crazy train? A Loco-motive!" The comedian strikes again.

@Yatagarasu @Minerva @Passenger car

The young girl laughs a little.

Sy40Gil.webp

"What else do you have?"

@Yatagarasu @Minerva @The Wanderer @Passenger car​

Cedric_Diggory

Cedric Diggory opened his eyes. He found himself standing in front of a train. Now this was quite the familiar situation for him, he remembered that much. He looked around, and this was not the same setting. He looked at his feet to see snow, among other things. Definitely, not King's Cross station in London, was this place.

Upon hearing a familiar beckoning from an unfamiliar but seemingly friendly voice, his Hufflepuff instincts kicked in. He was to be on this train, Cedric was convinced of that much. Muscle memory was a awakened, even if his awareness and memories were not quite there. He ran, the longtime Seeker did, and made it with a full dash in the snow.

He dusted himself off of the snowflakes as he caught his breath. "Quite appropriately, I find myself in the caboose", he said softly to himself. He then looked around for any signs of life to possibly tell him where this particular train was headed.

@Minerva @Crow @caboose

The kid shut up. And then immediately spoke again. "Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" He asked. "I spend my time reading, that's how I knew. I just recognized the train from pictures I've seen."
"Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd." She drawled out, quickly losing interest in the boring talk going on around her and turning her attention to just absently staring out the train window. This was going to be a long ride if that kid was any indication. Like really, was there even a topic out there people cared less about than train specifics? Maybe paint drying...ehhhhhh.

At least there were no damn ghosts.​
"Huh? Just wondering is all." Akira looked a bit surprised for a second, but quickly regained a neutral expression as she folded her hands behind her head and leaned back. She was pretty inclined to agree with Satsuki. One hell of a nerd if he read so much he knew all that from one glance at the train. "A train nerd, huh? Guess that kind of hobby exists for little kids too...never could stand reading myself..."
ToqMTtt.webp

"I- is that so?" Nono asks. "then Morikubo... has no reason to be afraid of you... probably... maybe..."

FNoAzEm.webp

"Come on Nono, smile, smile," the first girl says. "Well, it's near Christmas after all."

"But... Morikubo... doesn't know if Santa will give her presents... because... Morikubo... was a bad girl."

"Can't be worse than me," the girl replies, then shifts her eye to the second girl, "or Shouko for that matter. Shouko, stop scaring the kids and making yourself a living nightmare, or you'll be put on the naughty list."

TYOhLkP.jpg

"You know a lot, but I know many things that cannot be derived from reading those old books..." the one known as 'Shouko' intimidates Knowitall. "Such as... such as..."

"No, no," Nono says, "Morikubo did much worse things... like... being a rebel... Morikubo... broke into an unsupervised school swimming pool... through peer pressure... Morikubo is a bad girl... it wasn't even Morikubo's school..."

"OK... moving on..." the first girl says, finding Nono's statement a little odd.

m83Xs3b.webp

"So... will Morikubo be on Santa's naughty list because of that?"

@Minerva @Takumi @Kaykay @Crow
"Hey, kid, did you get enough sleep last night?" Looking at Shouko, Akira raised an eyebrow. She didn't really like the look in the kid's eyes. It was like she was on shrooms. Or something like that. Something thoroughly unhealthy for her.

@Minerva @Takumi @Crow @C.T.

Marco rose a brow to all the events that transpired. Keeping his hands tucked in his hoodie, Marco looked over Starfire. "You remind me a lot of my best friend, Star." Marco said before turning to Chase. "Also I've seen some stuff like this before. Travelling dimensions every other week kinda shows you some pretty weird stuff. I just want to be sure where we're going, is all."

Cedric_Diggory

Cedric Diggory opened his eyes. He found himself standing in front of a train. Now this was quite the familiar situation for him, he remembered that much. He looked around, and this was not the same setting. He looked at his feet to see snow, among other things. Definitely, not King's Cross station in London, was this place.

Upon hearing a familiar beckoning from an unfamiliar but seemingly friendly voice, his Hufflepuff instincts kicked in. He was to be on this train, Cedric was convinced of that much. Muscle memory was a awakened, even if his awareness and memories were not quite there. He ran, the longtime Seeker did, and made it with a full dash in the snow.

He dusted himself off of the snowflakes as he caught his breath. "Quite appropriately, I find myself in the caboose", he said softly to himself. He then looked around for any signs of life to possibly tell him where this particular train was headed.

@Minerva @Crow @caboose
With all their merrymaking in the Caboose, it was nigh impossible for Cedric Diggory to not notice the conversation held by the small group.

Cedric Diggory, while walking along, might notice 6 shiny red eyes that shortly disappeared while looking around. These shiny eyes shimmered in the shadows and stood near the ceiling.

Meanwhile, when Chase activated his abilities, he would first scan the area they were currently in - the Caboose. This run would lead him to discover two things that might stick out from an ordinary caboose - one, that there were two individuals, one humanoid and the other quadrapedal and animalistic at the entrance just outside the Caboose, and two, that what appeared to be shaped like a spider, about the size of two chihuahuas, was creeping on the ceiling - the very ceiling above them!

Chase would soon realise that the spider-like being, as well as the individuals hiding behind the door, would vanish instantly. He would probably find that scientifically impossible, seeing that they didn't even sublime.

If anyone in the Caboose looked at the translucent window of the entrance of the Caboose, they would notice a silhouette that vanished near instantly.

That was a very, very, odd occurence indeed. Just what was that?

(I'll leave @Minerva to do the further analysis on the traintracks, @LuckycooHawk9 )

@Minerva @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Yang Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Poe Dameron @Caboose

"Huh? Just wondering is all." Akira looked a bit surprised for a second, but quickly regained a neutral expression as she folded her hands behind her head and leaned back. She was pretty inclined to agree with Satsuki. One hell of a nerd if he read so much he knew all that from one glance at the train. "A train nerd, huh? Guess that kind of hobby exists for little kids too...never could stand reading myself..."

"Hey, kid, did you get enough sleep last night?" Looking at Shouko, Akira raised an eyebrow. She didn't really like the look in the kid's eyes. It was like she was on shrooms. Or something like that. Something thoroughly unhealthy for her.

@Minerva @Takumi @Crow @C.T.
Uq12x2f.png

"That's... uh... kind of her thing... especially around crowds," the first girl nervously speaks. "I think she-"

Shouko stands on the table, looking down on Akira, her face even closing in on her!

zyy64EX.png

"I'm always sleeping... even now.... I've been sleeping since... FOREVER! HYAAA HYAA HYAAAA! MY SLUMBER IS ETERNAL!!!!"

It almost seemed as if she was possessed by the devil or something.

"Time to take matters into my own hands," the first girl says, feeling mildly crossed as she grabs Shouko by the mouth, pulling her back onto the seats.

"Mmmm! Mmmm! Mmmm!"

"I'm going to release you in 3, 2.... 1!"

And so Shouko was released from the claws of oblivion as she gasped for air, her eyes reverting back to a more 'normal', unstressed state.

Icss5WE.png

"Fuhihi... my apologies... I guess I got... carried away... maybe I should've... brought my mushrooms after all..."

"Shouko," the first girl says to Shouko, "I'm sure they're fine back home, waiting for Santa in your stead. Just relax for now, OK?"

Needless to say, the shenanigans have only just begun. Telling this bundle of whatever Shouko was made of to relax would soon be revealed to be an impossible feat.

Impossible in the long-term, that is. For now, her voice was more meek.

@Minerva @Takumi @Crow @C.T. @Kaykay @PassengerCar

Last edited:
212635.jpg

Tomoko had been busy surfing the web late on Christmas Eve, trying to formulate a plan to get the other kids at school to notice her, and hopefully become her friends. The plan to squish the cockroach and save everyone had backfired on her a while back, and since then, she had kept to herself.

Tomoko was ripped from her thoughts when she heard a train whistle blow obnoxiously loud from just outside her house. She frowned. She stood from her computer and made her way over to the window, surprised by what she saw. A Train was stopped on the street, a passenger train none the less. Tomoko's jaw nearly touched the ground, her mouth agape. Tomoko wasn't sure why, but curiosity got the best of her as she threw on some clothes and some shoes, forgetting to tie them. She ran outside and was confronted by a man she assumed was the conductor.

Tomoko could only babble incoherently as the conductor explained the locomotive was"The Polar Express". When he asked if she was coming, all she could was stare and quietly mutter

[BCOLOR=#000000]"I-I-I guess so."[/BCOLOR]

She stepped onto the train. looking between the two cars, she frowned, there were people in both cars. She wasn't good with people. She decided to sit in the caboose, Hoping she wouldn't be bothered.

However as she stepped through the door, she tripped one of her untied shoes, causing her to faceplant.

"Owwwwwwww" She said in pain, laying motionless on the floor of the caboose.

@Minerva
@thatguyinthestore
@Yang Lee
@Yun Lee
@Poe Dameron
@Caboose

Dearest Sonia, how are you? I am just fine, thank you. I must admit that my heart is full to the brim with excitement and cheer, as it is now the Eve of Christmas!

I wonder...do they have festivities in Japan? Or have you gone home to your own country? I have been working my hardest in order to make this Christmas the most festive it can be for myself and my roommates. Stockings have been hung with great care, and hopefully the dancing sugar plums will be in ny dreams tonight...whatever sugar plums are.

I wish you a Merry Christmas, my friend!

All the hugs and kisses, Kori

PS: My friend Cy has informed me that X and O signify hugs and kisses in letters. Is this true?

PPS: You may notice a package with this letter. I hope the contents are pleasing.

Starfire smiled to herself as she finished penning her letter to her pen pal. To be safe, she double checked to make sure that it didn't look too unusual. All Sonia knew was that Star was a teenage girl living in New York with four roommates. Part of her felt a little guilty for lying to her friend, but it was kind of hard to confess thst she was a princess from the planet Tamaran who fought crime and lived in a giant T on an island off New York City. Saying something like that kind of guaranteed you wouldn't get written back.

Oh well. Maybe someday she could fess up. But for now, all she did was tape the letter to a box she had on the table in the living room. She really hoped Sonia liked this present...Raven actually went out of her way to help Starfire get it! Sure, the store they'd gone to was...creepy, but Sonia loved this kind of stuff.

Looking around, Starfire couldn't help but smile-the decorations were beautiful. Red and green everywhere, with a big beautiful Christmas tree and presents underneath. A plate of cookies and milk were all set up, as were the stockings. This was going tobe a wonderful Christmas, she could feel it.

Starfire yawned, getting up from the couch. Well, everyone else had gone to sleep, she might as well do the same. She could send Sonia's gift on the 26th. Humming the Christmas Song to herself, Star started off for her room.

Until she saw it.

"Huh?" Looking outside, the Teen Titan saw a train racing along the snow on the mainland...but there were no tracks there? What was going on? She started to run to her friends to wake them up, but there was no time. They needed to sleep for Christmas-she could handle a train on her own.

Starfire flew out of their base, not aware she still held Sonia's present as she did so. It didn't take too long to reach the train, and she entered the caboose once she landed, bursting inside.

"What is the meaning of this?!"

@Yang Lee @Minerva @Crow @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Caboose​

212635.jpg

Tomoko had been busy surfing the web late on Christmas Eve, trying to formulate a plan to get the other kids at school to notice her, and hopefully become her friends. The plan to squish the cockroach and save everyone had backfired on her a while back, and since then, she had kept to herself.

Tomoko was ripped from her thoughts when she heard a train whistle blow obnoxiously loud from just outside her house. She frowned. She stood from her computer and made her way over to the window, surprised by what she saw. A Train was stopped on the street, a passenger train none the less. Tomoko's jaw nearly touched the ground, her mouth agape. Tomoko wasn't sure why, but curiosity got the best of her as she threw on some clothes and some shoes, forgetting to tie them. She ran outside and was confronted by a man she assumed was the conductor.

Tomoko could only babble incoherently as the conductor explained the locomotive was"The Polar Express". When he asked if she was coming, all she could was stare and quietly mutter

She stepped onto the train. looking between the two cars, she frowned, there were people in both cars. She wasn't good with people. She decided to sit in the caboose, Hoping she wouldn't be bothered.

However as she stepped through the door, she tripped one of her untied shoes, causing her to faceplant.

@Minerva
@thatguyinthestore
@Yang Lee
@Yun Lee
@Poe Dameron
@Caboose
"Kori!?" the white princess cried in shock as she looked at her pen pal for the first time in real life. "I did not know you'd be so...orange! Is that something they do in New York?"

She was so over ecstatic that she missed what Chase was saying as well as the other girl who fell on her face.

@Yun Lee @Nater Taters @thatguyinthestore @Poe Dameron @Caboose

With all their merrymaking in the Caboose, it was nigh impossible for Cedric Diggory to not notice the conversation held by the small group.

Cedric Diggory, while walking along, might notice 6 shiny red eyes that shortly disappeared while looking around. These shiny eyes shimmered in the shadows and stood near the ceiling.

Meanwhile, when Chase activated his abilities, he would first scan the area they were currently in - the Caboose. This run would lead him to discover two things that might stick out from an ordinary caboose - one, that there were two individuals, one humanoid and the other quadrapedal and animalistic at the entrance just outside the Caboose, and two, that what appeared to be shaped like a spider, about the size of two chihuahuas, was creeping on the ceiling - the very ceiling above them!

Chase would soon realise that the spider-like being, as well as the individuals hiding behind the door, would vanish instantly. He would probably find that scientifically impossible, seeing that they didn't even sublime.

If anyone in the Caboose looked at the translucent window of the entrance of the Caboose, they would notice a silhouette that vanished near instantly.

(I'll leave @Minerva to do the further analysis on the traintracks, @LuckycooHawk9 )

@Minerva @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Yang Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Poe Dameron @Caboose

Uq12x2f.png

"That's... uh... kind of her thing... especially around crowds," the first girl nervously speaks. "I think she-"

Shouko stands on the table, looking down on Akira, her face even closing in on her!

zyy64EX.png

"I'm always sleeping... even now.... I've been sleeping since... FOREVER! HYAAA HYAA HYAAAA! MY SLUMBER IS ETERNAL!!!!"

"Time to take matters into my own hands," the first girl says, feeling mildly crossed as she grabs Shouko by the mouth, pulling her back onto the seats.

"Mmmm! Mmmm! Mmmm!"

And so Shouko was released from the claws of oblivion as she gasped for air, her eyes reverting back to a more 'normal', unstressed state.

Icss5WE.png

"Fuhihi... my apologies... I guess I got... carried away... maybe I should've... brought my mushrooms after all..."

"Shouko," the first girl says to Shouko, "I'm sure they're fine back home, waiting for Santa in your stead. Just relax for now, OK?"

Needless to say, the shenanigans have only just begun. Telling this bundle of whatever Shouko was made of to relax would soon be revealed to be an impossible feat.

Inukashi had ignored the boy as he went on about the train and was going to say something until Shouko started yelling all of a sudden. After that was over Inukashi looked towards the first girl with a confused and slightly irritated expression.

"The hell was that?" she grumbled out. Yeah, she was about ready to write them off as crazy.

@Minerva @Crow @The Wanderer @Ringmaster @Gummi Bunnies @Savannah Clause @Jeremi @Passenger Car @Anybody I missed

Inukashi had ignored the boy as he went on about the train and was going to say something until Shouko started yelling all of a sudden. After that was over Inukashi looked towards the first girl with a confused and slightly irritated expression.

"The hell was that?" she grumbled out. Yeah, she was about ready to write them off as crazy.

@Minerva @Crow @The Wanderer @Ringmaster @Gummi Bunnies @Savannah Clause @Jeremi @Passenger Car @Anybody I missed

Uq12x2f.webp

"Sorry about that, that... uh... happens a lot when she's stressed... by crowds... it's her way of relieving stress," the first girl let out a very mild face of embarassment from her friend's actions.

D8YHiA9.webp

"When Morikubo first met Shouko, that side of her... was frightening... like she was possessed by the devil... but now... not so much... m- maybe it's best to drop this topic and talk about something else... something that's not that..."

D8jGjZg.webp

"The year is ending... fuhihi... so... how about we talk about... our year?"

"Morikubo doesn't know if she wants to..." Nono sighs, "it's... embarassing..."

The first girl then asks, "by the way, what are your names, anyways?"

@Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Savannah Clause @Kaykay @Minerva @Passenger Car​

212635.jpg

@Minerva
@thatguyinthestore
@Yang Lee
@Yun Lee
@Poe Dameron
@Caboose

As Tomoko would walk towards the Caboose, a few shadows would be cast upon her, that of a young girl, that of a quadrapedal beast - but the last one...

... was a giant shadow that seemed the be the shape of a spider.

These shadows shortly disappeared towards the main Passenger Car, which was obviously not Tomoko's destination.

@Nater Taters

An odd figure appears on the seat opposite to Cleopatra's on a table, and a seat that was also rather near to Ebenezer Scrooge's. This maiden was dressed in black gothic lolita fashion, which made her stand out quite a bit, so you have to wonder why she wasn't noticed a few minutes ago.

KEhG7lr.jpg

"Awaiting the refreshments?" the odd individual says to both Cleopatra and Scrooge as she has on her lap - some sort of animal of chimerical appearance. It was about the size of a German Shepherd.

wDulBhh.webp

"Grarrr..." the beast growled.

@Jeremi @Ringmaster @PassengerCar​

"Glass of port."

Was the reply behind the newspaper, Scrooge glaring at nothing in particular. Spirit quest or not, it didn't mean he had to like this before he finally added.

"And keep your dog-."

He stared. The brat was one thing. This?

Nope.

He went back to mentally tearing apart the world of the consumer as he flipped back to his news articles.

@Crow @Minerva @P-Car fo shizzle.​

Please see the group's General Chat / RP Discussion / Discord Server for OOC talk.
Please see the wiki for more info.

"On Christmas Eve, many years ago... I lay quietly in my bed.

I did not rustle the sheets.

I breathed slowly and silently.

I was listening for a sound I was afraid I'd never hear... The ringing bells of Santa's sleigh."

"Mathematically, Santa is an impossibility. His sleigh would have to go significantly faster than the speed of light, and to carry all this presents, his ship would require more mass and carrying space that a cruise ship. The North Pole is a barren, inhospitable wasteland, and no one could survive there for very long, much less maintain an industrial level society.

In conclusion: Saint Nicholas is a historical person, but Santa Claus is mythological."

The Polar Express is a magical train that appears every Christmas. It takes children to the North Pole to see Santa Claus. It takes both those who believe to meet him, as well as those who doubt that he exists. On the trip, the passengers experience things normal people don't. They make new friends from interesting places, and at the end of it, they meet Santa Claus, who chooses one of them and gives the First Gift of Christmas to that special child.

The train travels the Multiverse, looking for those special few for that year's trip to meet Santa at the North Pole.

Across the Multiverse, it's Christmas Eve, and you've just fallen asleep, or are in the process of falling asleep. Maybe you, like a young child, believe in Santa, maybe you're of the staunch belief that he doesn't exist. No matter where you are, be it a Highrise in a cyberpunk city, an average suburban home, or a hovel out in the medieval countryside, the train pulled up to wherever you were that night. No one else heard it, despite its loud steam train sounds.

If you went outside (After putting on proper clothing), you would find a man dressed as a conductor standing outside of it shouting "ALL ABOARD!" and gesturing with a lantern.

18383457.jpg

If you ask where you're going, he responds "Why, to the North Pole, of course! This is the POLAR EXPRESS!" He says gesturing to the train. "We are on a tight schedule, so make your decision now."

If you would get on the train just to see what it was all about, you would find yourself in between a passenger car and the caboose. In the passenger car, you would find assorted kids and adults, including a petite, odd-looking trio mingling amongst each other in a manner most merry. The caboose, meanwhile, just has a red haired girl clutching a notebook.

From here, there are two options open to you:
The passenger car or the caboose

@LuckycoolHawk9 as Chase Davenport (Lab Rats)

@thatguyinthestore as Marco Diaz (Star vs The Forces of Evil)

@Poe Dameron as Cedric Diggory (Harry Potter)

@Crow as Silence Dogood (OC)

@york as Hogarth Hughes (The Iron Giant)

@Hospapayas as Ritsuko Inoue (Those Who Hunt Elves)

@Takumi as Inukashi (No. 6)

@Gummi Bunnies as Mato Kuroi (Black★Rock Shooter)

@C.T. as Satsuki Miyanoshita (Ghost Stories dub)

@Yang Lee as Sonia Nevermind (Danganronpa)

@The Wanderer as Peter Parker (Marvel Comics)

@Ringmaster as Ebenezer Scrooge (The Muppets: A Christmas Carol)

@Minerva as Hana "D.Va" Song (Overwatch)

@Yun Lee as Starfire (Teen Titans)

((And, we are a-go! My Co-GM is @Crow, and he will help handle stuff. We will try and make this a fun and enjoyable Christmas experience for all. And if you want me to do something, don't hesitate to ask.))
Hogarth Hughes - Prologue; The Night Before Christmas
@Minerva @Crow @The Wanderer @Ringmaster @Gummi Bunnies @Savannah Clause @Jeremi @Takumi @Ringmaster
@Passenger Car

h8tGfrD.jpg

It was almost the night before Christmas, and an eerie silence settled over the town of Rockwell, Maine, as its sleepy residents prepared to go to bed. A few months had passed since the Iron Giant had saved the small town from a nuclear disaster that had almost come to pass thanks to the Paranoia of a Government Agent, also known as the infamous "Kent Mansley".

One of those people just happened to be Hogarth Hughes... The one who had once been in possession of the only piece recovered after the Iron Giant's sacrifice; a lone metal screw that held his jaw in place... Before he woke up just a few weeks ago to it emitting a strange blue light.

It didn't take him long to realize that the Iron Giant had survived the force of that nuclear blast that he had believed killed him... And so, he let the screw roll out of his window and through his lawn, to a far off place, where he knew the Giant would be waiting for it.

He had waited countless nights since then, but so far, the Giant had failed to show up. However, he still knew in his heart that he was alive, and he was coming.

Maybe he'd arrive on time for Christmas?

sRxzk89.png

At any rate... It seemed that Hogarth was fast asleep for the time being, clearly wanting to wake up as early as possible for Christmas tomorrow.

Unfortunately, fate seemed to have other plans for him as of right now, as lights suddenly coursed through his room followed by the loud whistling of a locomotive engine... A train? Here? At this hour? He quickly rushed up out of bed, not quite sure what to make of a train this close to his home.

After a lengthy discussion with the train conductor, and some half asleep mumbles about going back to sleep from Hogarth's part, the train Conductor prepared to leave... Saying something along the lines of "suit yourself".

However... Just as the train began to do so, Hogarth suddenly snapped wide awake, realizing the weight of the decision he had made right here, right now. Not knowing, or caring if it was a dream or not, he finally made a choice in the heat of the moment; breaking into a run, and with a rather remarkable feat of agility for someone his age, he jumped aboard the train.

It was definitely a sight to behold, espevially for a boy like himself... A luxurious train filled with many kids his age, and even some adults, going to... The North Pole apparently.

Still a little groggy despite the small andrenaline rush he still had from literally jumping aboard the train, he quietly took a seat in the Passenger car... Yawning a little as he leaned his head against the cool glass of the window, preparing to get a little sleep... Unless of course, he had any stimulus to wake him up again... Or heck, just a cup of espresso.

Last edited:
"Kori!?" the white princess cried in shock as she looked at her pen pal for the first time in real life. "I did not know you'd be so...orange! Is that something they do in New York?"

She was so over ecstatic that she missed what Chase was saying as well as the other girl who fell on her face.

@Yun Lee @Nater Taters @thatguyinthestore @Poe Dameron @Caboose
"Oh...yes." She chuckled. "You see, it's a trend, and..."

Though slightly motivated by a need to change the subject, Starfire's move to hug Sonia tight was largely in part due to excitement at seeing her pen pal in the flesh for the first time. "I cannot believe it is you!! I have always wanted to meet you IRL (though she pronounced it 'Earl'), but never was able to!!" She forced herself to pull away, cocking her head. "Wait...why are you on this train?"

"Glass of port."

Was the reply behind the newspaper, Scrooge glaring at nothing in particular. Spirit quest or not, it didn't mean he had to like this before he finally added.

"And keep your dog-."

He stared. The brat was one thing. This?

Nope.

He went back to mentally tearing apart the world of the consumer as he flipped back to his news articles.

@Crow @Minerva @P-Car fo shizzle.​
Hogarth Hughes - Prologue;
@Minerva @Crow @The Wanderer @Ringmaster @Gummi Bunnies @Savannah Clause @Jeremi @Takumi @Ringmaster
@Passenger Car

h8tGfrD.jpg

It was almost the night before Christmas, and an eerie silence settled over the town of Rockwell, Maine, as its sleepy residents prepared to go to bed. A few months had passed since the Iron Giant had saved the small town from a nuclear disaster that had almost come to pass thanks to the Paranoia of a Government Agent, also known as the infamous "Kent Mansley".

One of those people just happened to be Hogarth Hughes... The one who had once been in possession of the only piece recovered after the Iron Giant's sacrifice; a lone metal screw that held his jaw in place... Before he woke up just a few weeks ago to it emitting a strange blue light.

It didn't take him long to realize that the Iron Giant had survived the force of that nuclear blast that he had believed killed him... And so, he let the screw roll out of his window and through his lawn, to a far off place, where he knew the Giant would be waiting for it.

He had waited countless nights since then, but so far, the Giant had failed to show up. However, he still knew in his heart that he was alive, and he was coming.

Maybe he'd arrive on time for Christmas?

sRxzk89.png

At any rate... It seemed that Hogarth was fast asleep for the time being, clearly wanting to wake up as early as possible for Christmas tomorrow.

Unfortunately, fate seemed to have other plans for him as of right now, as lights suddenly coursed through his room followed by the loud whistling of a locomotive engine... A train? Here? At this hour? He quickly rushed up out of bed, not quite sure what to make of a train this close to his home.

After a lengthy discussion with the train conductor, and some half asleep mumbles about going back to sleep from Hogarth's part, the train Conductor prepared to leave... Saying something along the lines of "suit yourself".

However... Just as the train began to do so, Hogarth suddenly snapped wide awake, realizing the weight of the decision he had made right here, right now. Not knowing, or caring if it was a dream or not, he finally made a choice in the heat of the moment; breaking into a run, and with a rather remarkable feat of agility for someone his age, he jumped aboard the train.

It was definitely a sight to behold, espevially for a boy like himself... A luxurious train filled with many kids his age, and even some adults, going to... The North Pole apparently.

Still a little groggy despite the small andrenaline rush he still had from literally jumping aboard the train, he quietly took a seat in the Passenger car... Yawning a little as he leaned his head against the cool glass of the window, preparing to get a little sleep... Unless of course, he had any stimulus to wake him up again... Or heck, just a cup of espresso.

The young girl closed her eyes for a bit, then opened them up again.

KEhG7lr.jpg

"My apologies, Ebenezer Scrooge, but I too, am a passenger awaiting refreshments. Just a casual question to get the night rolling."

Her monotonous face was retained.

She then sees Hogarth Hughes sitting beside her. She decides to speak to him for a bit.

"The trip will been long, young boy. Take the rest you deserve."

The being that Scrooge referred to as the girl's 'dog' eyed the near-sleepy boy.

@Crow @Jeremi @Ringmaster @york @PassengerCar​

Last edited:

Uq12x2f.png

zyy64EX.png

"Mmmm! Mmmm! Mmmm!"

Icss5WE.png

C68D700F-66C2-473C-9C30-9856CC8362B4_zpsnj6ub51w.jpg

"Did anyone else see that?", Cedric said in a raised voice to the others in the caboose. "Three sets of eyes without a face, or bodies. ". He didn't know what to make of this train before he got on, and he was even more uncertain about what this journey may hold, for him and the rest of these strange people.

And these people seemed quite strange, even to one exposed to many unnatural things and creatures in the life of a Hogwarts student. Approach things as normal, he thought to himself.

"By the way, my name is Cedric. Might I know your names in return?"

@Minerva @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Yang Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crow @Caboose

The young girl closed her eyes for a bit, then opened them up again.

KEhG7lr.jpg

"My apologies, Ebenezer Scrooge, but I too, am a passenger awaiting refreshments. Just a casual question to get the night rolling."

Her monotonous face was retained.

She then sees Hogarth Hughes sitting beside her. She decides to speak to him for a bit.

"The trip will been long, young boy. Take the rest you deserve."

The being that Scrooge referred to as the girl's 'dog' eyed the near-sleepy boy.

@Crow @Jeremi @Ringmaster @york @PassengerCar​

"Again I say that this passenger car is not fit for royalty! And the word caboose...It's such a commoner thing to say. Where's the as they say razzle dazzle? Isn't this train leading us to merriment after all?"

@Crow @Crow @Ringmaster @york @PassengerCar​

"Again I say that this passenger car is not fit for royalty! And the word caboose...It's such a commoner thing to say. Where's the as they say razzle dazzle? Isn't this train leading us to merriment after all?"

@Crow @Crow @Ringmaster @york @PassengerCar​
KEhG7lr.png

"It is unfit for royalty, but it is perfectly designed for young, budding children who are just starting to appreciate the teenage world, that is what most of the people here, me included, are, after all," the young woman says, "I find comfort in these chairs, made from a soft material to rest one's back on. What are the chairs back in Egypt made from, Cleopatra?"

The young lady pets the beast that rested on her lap during this conversation.

6mOOaJY.png

"Grough..."

"Initiative is important, that is what I have learned," the young woman continues, "what do you believe is a better word to substitute 'caboose'?"​

@Crow @Ringmaster @Jeremi @york @PassengerCar

Status
Not open for further replies.