The Lost Souls OOC (Private)

Status
Not open for further replies.
K. I'm working on a post now. Got some mystery already.

Reactions: Razilin
Added my backstory. The biggest speaking part Crossfire will probably ever get! :)

While you're posting, have Erika reference the mile-high club. :)

More ideas, now that I made Erika make a snippy comment about it

To add to the devil-enhanced anger in hayato, maybe the Controller sets things up such that Engel and taka are set up to look like they're having an affair. Hayato goes rage mode.

I like that. Thinking on a reply but won't have anything until after work. Was going to have Zeroth mention that he knew of a Fae with some of the powers mentioned: the Arancol (didn't have anything else for a name). This gets Crossfire's and Engel's attention because it's the same entity that killed Hayato. But the powers aren't the same, making them wonder.

BTW, going to mention that they could have taken the Philadelphia Room and just teleported there, but I have a clever excuse why they didn't do that for when I post.

got an idea for a post that demonstrates that fateful mission that killed Hayato. will need your inputs/ideas.

basically, "the Birds" (Taka, Hayato, and Anna) are sent to investigate a town in Saudi Arabia that has gone dark; a supernatural plague is suspected. when they arrive, they realize that its actually a malevolent spirit. the surviving villagers call it "shabbah alizzial" or "the ghost of shadows."

while Anna uses medicine and science to try and revive the victims who have fallen to the spirit's fear effect, the brothers go into the desert to hunt the monster down. they reach a cave that local legend says is haunted by the "ghost of shadows," who comes out to feed every few centuries. whole local rituals are devoted to try to placate the spirit's hunger by giving it offerings on the outskirts of town; obviously, it didn't work.

the brothers go into the cave and confront the spirit, which they learn is a Fae calling himself Arancol. they are unable to defeat it, though Cross' Fae-given powers give him more of an advantage in the fight than initially expected.

meanwhile, Anna manages to reverse some of the fear effects after she realizes that ectoplasm is being used against the victims. she manages to retain a sample of it and turn it into an oil that can be used to coat bullets or blades...so that the brothers can actually have a chance to hurt the spirit. she runs to the cave to give it to them, only to find that Taka has be gravely wounded by Arancol and Hayato is too busy trying to save his brother.

in desperation, Anna jumps in to give Hayato the ectoplasm oil...but Arancol makes a beeline for her. Hayato takes a mortal injury for her, takes the oil, and uses it on his sword. knowing that his wound will ultimately kill him, he charges one last time into battle to try and deliver the final blow on Arancol...they are both presumed killed because the severity of the battle itself has destabilized the cave and it begins collapsing. Taka and Anna escape, but Hayato is presumed killed when the cave falls in on itself.

thoughts?

Reactions: Quiet One
I could be a prick and point out that it's the Arancol. Fae are picky about getting titles right. ;)

I like the idea. Like reverse engineered ecto-weapons and the noble sacrifice route. My only point of concern - Crossfire has to believe HE killed the Arancol, because the crone that gave him his powers said only he could do it. From there, he will believe that he succeeded, but ultimately failed to save his brother. Perhaps instead Hayato's noble sacrifice buys Cross the time he needs to make the supposedly fatal blow. Maybe he even shoots through Hayato, to add to the guilt.

ah, got an alterante way they kill the arancol

so anna's bringing the oil like planned. however, the arancol snatches her up and is about to kill her.

in desperation, taka uses the oil on his bullets so he can kill the spirit; meanwhile, hayato plays interference and willingly takes a fatal wound to save anna while also making the arancol drop his guard...at which point, taka shoots the creature for a finishing blow

i do like the idea of having to shoot through hayato to get that finish blow - there's the guilt factor, but maybe hayato even orders taka to take the shot, too

Hm. How would he snatch her up? Like with his mist? Or I mentioned possessing objects; maybe he gathers rocks into some horrible golem that he phases in and out of during the fight.

Yeah, it should be one of those "take the shot!" "Get out of the way!" "Take it!" "I won't!" "Damn it, Aniki! Just shoot!" Drama and guilt abound.

yup. we can work out the details later, but i like this general idea.

Done. Left Wyatt's role vague.

cool. oosting in a sec. originally i thought i could do the whole flashback to the arancol mission

but now that i review things, its getting obvious that we entering the third and final act of this part of the story. we have introduced our characters, developed the primary three (cross, hayato, anna) and are now approaching the grand reveal that hayato is alive

maybe instead, while the hushcobb agents are waiting for the devilman to strike at nepal, we do an extended flashback with both us posting?

i can set things up and we play out the mission up until its grim finale. then switch back to nepal.

thoughts?

Um... confused. So now we succeed in our first mission?

And both of us posting - does that mean you do the first battle with the Arancol and I do something else, say something with our three freaks? Or do you want me to assist in the flashback?

Assist in the flashback

As in, we my scene with Taka and Anna on the balcony is where we stop for now as far as events in the present.

Next couple of posts, we're alternating posting about the Arancol mission that got Hayato killed

Once we've finished the flashback, we return to present day events

What do you think

Oh, can you do one edit in what you have so far: have him show her his scarred hand.

I can help, sure.

But right now I have to eat. Will try to be back in less than an hour.

K

I'm taking off in a bit

So I do all that tonight

Well, I'm back. Does this mean you're gone? Did I just miss you?

Status
Not open for further replies.