The Lost Souls OOC (Private)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished my post.

By the way, I've got a laptop now, so I think my posts may come quicker. I'll also be using it for my own writing a lot, but now I've got a new tool! Hooray!

Reactions: Razilin
now that the "village scene" is done, let's hash out the cave fight

my post will probably start out revealing that hayato and anna convinced the villagers to reveal more about the arancol living in a nearby cave (lets say this happened off screen while taka was unconscious)

then the Birds travel to the cave itself, where they could encounter some of the Arancol's spawn (maybe you could give me ideas on what they look like and how they fight and what their abilities are, since you mentioned earlier that they tend to be weaker than the Arancol)

the post ends with the Birds facing the Arancol in his lair and ends with a dramatic shot of them about to clash

thoughts?

Good with all of that. Let me think on the Arancol's offspring...

Okay, they won't all be there, but I think we can do two.

First:[SPOILER/]
dont+be+afraid+of+the+dark+goblin.jpg.jpg
[SPOILER/]
Nightcrawlers
Powers: Scale walls, fur secretes a web-like solution that can be used to ensnare prey.
Fears: earthworms/bees

Second:
[SPOILER/]
Orc_by_tarrzan.jpg
[SPOILER/]
Curlath
Powers: The stronger of the two. He can make shadow weapons appear, distort a persons vision into unfocused blurs and his partially frame is made partially of pure muscle fiber, so he's more flexible, but also more vulnerable.
Fears: Light/flying creatures

How's that?

posted. didn't get to the Arancol yet. figured we'd show the nightcrawlers first, then the curlath

Had a long day today. Won't be replying until later. Not sure how to continue the fight. Curlath I almost wanted to be anticlimactic, with Hayato turning on his lights and scaring him into a crevasse they then trap him in. For the nightcrawlers... don't know. Pictured them easier to kill.

I know! Stab them in the spleen! I don't know where the spleen is, but...

Yeah, I'm really at a block.

let's see what tomorrow brings. i'm tapped out too.

Okay. I'll try to think on it tonight and at work tomorrow.

By the way, can we cut off one of Hayato's hands after he gets possessed? Been watching Billy and Mandy on YouTube and been wanting to do something like Horror's Hand. Having the Arancol as a part of him means he'll survive, and likely be able to turn the injured limb into all sorts of weapons. And we'd have an evil supernatural artifact that can bring fears to life.

Okay. I'll try to think on it tonight and at work tomorrow.

By the way, can we cut off one of Hayato's hands after he gets possessed? Been watching Billy and Mandy on YouTube and been wanting to do something like Horror's Hand. Having the Arancol as a part of him means he'll survive, and likely be able to turn the injured limb into all sorts of weapons. And we'd have an evil supernatural artifact that can bring fears to life.

sure. does it need to be both hands? i like the idea of a Red Right Hand of Doom

No. Just one. And it can be the right. In the cartoon it was the left hand, but this isn't a cartoon.

...or is it? ;)

I'd totally watch it if it was.

At some point down the line, either with the Lost Souls or with the main Paraverse I want to introduce a hunt for a valuable artifact: the Fenway Tome. It's a massive book like a foot thick that contains the entire family tree of the Fae. A complete compendium of every monster, their place in the Fae hierarchy, and their strengths and weaknesses. We can place the Arancol at a sickly, withered branch. And I was going to have the First Fae be a literal tree, like Yggdrasil or the Tree of Knowledge.

While discussing Faerie folk, perhaps Zeroth gets tired of constantly being asked for information, admitting more than once that he doesn't have all the answers. He mentions the book and Dr. Crippling confesses that he knows it exists, and that he even knew the last person to possess it: Jack Rookwood, an infamous outlaw in the Old West who was really a monster hunter. Outlaw name: Tombstone Jack. They go to his old hideout and have to get through some Indiana Jones style booby traps to retrieve the book.

Good idea for later?

No. Just one. And it can be the right. In the cartoon it was the left hand, but this isn't a cartoon.

...or is it? ;)

I'd totally watch it if it was.

At some point down the line, either with the Lost Souls or with the main Paraverse I want to introduce a hunt for a valuable artifact: the Fenway Tome. It's a massive book like a foot thick that contains the entire family tree of the Fae. A complete compendium of every monster, their place in the Fae hierarchy, and their strengths and weaknesses. We can place the Arancol at a sickly, withered branch. And I was going to have the First Fae be a literal tree, like Yggdrasil or the Tree of Knowledge.

While discussing Faerie folk, perhaps Zeroth gets tired of constantly being asked for information, admitting more than once that he doesn't have all the answers. He mentions the book and Dr. Crippling confesses that he knows it exists, and that he even knew the last person to possess it: Jack Rookwood, an infamous outlaw in the Old West who was really a monster hunter. Outlaw name: Tombstone Jack. They go to his old hideout and have to get through some Indiana Jones style booby traps to retrieve the book.

Good idea for later?

oh definitely

i am down

sounds more hushcobby than main oaraverse though

aaand now i have the indy jones theme in my head

Reactions: Quiet One
Did a post to get them out of the nightcrawler level. Mentioned acid spit when I introduced them above. Thought I'd use it.

Next we got to figure out how to fight the Curlath.

Oops. Thought I mentioned acid. Now I have to figure out how to edit my post...

Okay, I redid my post. Now they used the creature's webbing to entrap them instead. I think it's better this way. Still have to worry about the Curlath.

poot

now its my turn to get into a writer's block

gimme a day

Sure. Need any help?

finally got past my writer's block

got an idea for the Curlath

his distortion power actually works REALLY well on Taka

while the Nightcrawlers were Taka's moment to shine, the Curlath will be Hayato's

all Hayato has to do is close his eyes and feel out the fight, blind swordsman-style. whereas a gunman kinda needs to see to do anything.

what do you think?

Well, I was going to have the blurring effect not work on Taka at all, but for his gun to be useless against the creature. Maybe he can improvise by shooting at the rocks instead of him, knocking them on his head. That might be how Hayato manages to beat him; by cutting down stalactites.

I also wasn't planning on actually killing Curlath. Hayato's harness of lights would scare him into a crevice, and then we'd just shove a big rock in there and trap him. It wouldn't be very encouraging to our heroes, however, for their every victory to be trapping and not actually killing any of the monsters.

Well, I was going to have the blurring effect not work on Taka at all, but for his gun to be useless against the creature. Maybe he can improvise by shooting at the rocks instead of him, knocking them on his head. That might be how Hayato manages to beat him; by cutting down stalactites.

I also wasn't planning on actually killing Curlath. Hayato's harness of lights would scare him into a crevice, and then we'd just shove a big rock in there and trap him. It wouldn't be very encouraging to our heroes, however, for their every victory to be trapping and not actually killing any of the monsters.

but since the distortion thing is visual, it'd be natural for it to affect the one guy who's superpower is his eyes

i do like the idea that taka figures out an alternate way to fight -- a big freaking rock doesn't need anywhere near the accuracy a gun does. so taka shoots down the stalactites, inspires hayato to do the same.

they figure out that the harness of lights frightens the critter and we trap him, like you say. perhaps have anna be the one to bring up the fact that, so far, they haven't actually succeeded in killing any of Arancol's spawn?

Status
Not open for further replies.