The Lost Souls OOC (Private)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I think the hat would do the job fine. ;)

Got some unexpected laundry troubles so please be patient for my reply. Got a few ideas. You didn't want Erika and Engel to fight, did you?

Reactions: Razilin
By the way, what's with the escapees being divisible by seven? Not against it, just wondering if you noticed.

The seven thing was intentional. Nothing meaningful to it (unless we want it to be) but I thought it'd be a cute motif for the lost souls

As for Engel vs erika...I'm ambivalent. I just needed them to meet. They could well just try to talk things out too. Maybe Engel becomea the big sister type to erika and the others or something. Or their oft overworked minder/nanny

Okay. Finished my post and set up for a brief confrontation. Probably just talk.

posted. WIP because I need some input from you on where this conversation should go.

Engel will try to talk Erika into helping contain the monsters and surrender.

Not sure what Erika will try to do.

EDIT: and thinking ahead, maybe my post should end with Crossfire showing up on the scene to get shit done and everyone going "huh. we can use this -- get all the crazies to fight the monsters for us" and thus birth the Suicide Squad

Last edited by a moderator:
Erika blinked and tilted her head. "Conscience? I got Bitch Me to take care of that." She looked around at the chaos and sighed. "I did tell them to play nice. Maybe it's time to come in...hm? Aw, do we have to? Alright! Doc, duck!"

Six guns suddenly jumped out from behind her back and fired. Engel shut her eyes but didn't feel anything. When the gunfire stopped she cracked open an eye to see Erika skipping off. A loud thump behind her made her turn. A wendigo lay dead behind her.

How's that? You can have Engel follow her along and try to encourage her to help, during which maybe you should run into Crossfire.

Still got to figure out how to get Wyatt and the changeling involved.

finished post, had them meet up with Crossfire. perhaps next post from you should focus on bringing Wyatt and Zeroth into the scene.

from there, we can have Cross and Engel come up with the plan to have the escapees take out the monsters and form the Lost Souls.

maybe Wyatt just shows up because he's running around trying to escape on his own, and just stumbles across cross, engel, and erika. i get the impression he's more or less a normal guy, aside from his powers. he'd be panicking, trying to use his abilities to keep safe from harm, but overall just trying to get out of there.

zeroth, on the other hand, might be enjoying fighting both monsters and Hushcobb agents. based on the blurb of him in the IC, Hushcobb's been holding him for a while and restricting his shapeshifting. i'm guessing maybe he's got a little resentment toward Hushcobb and this is a chance to both get revenge and to indulge in his more feral side.

thoughts?

erika, zeroth, and wyatt might be interested in joining Lost Souls for reduced sentences or guaranteed freedom, i suppose. that could be motivation. unless you have another idea.

Well, I was going to have them be locked up again after saving everyone. One of them did cause this mess in the first place, after all. And it's Landel's initiative - it was her idea for some time. So I wanted to have a meeting where she suggests the initiative, Cross and Engel backing her up.

Just trying to think of what to do for the changeling. Thinking he has a soft spot for kids. Not sure how to get kids involved, though. The town would have some, but Erika broke out at around 8:30 (that's when shower was) and it's probably been an hour or more. Most kids would be in bed.

Just trying to think of what to do for the changeling. Thinking he has a soft spot for kids. Not sure how to get kids involved, though. The town would have some, but Erika broke out at around 8:30 (that's when shower was) and it's probably been an hour or more. Most kids would be in bed.

then why not have some of the monsters attack a residence? force children to come to harm? then zeroth can intervene

• Thank You
Reactions: Quiet One
Apartment or housing?

Doesn't matter. Whichever you think would make for a more dynamic intro

Okay. Going for houses and thinking of vampire attack.

cool. lemme know when you finish.

I'm working on a "flashback" style post for future use (probably can throw it in sometime after the Lost Souls team is formed, but before they actually go looking for the Devilman). it'll set up the backstory for Engel/Crossfire/Devilman and their relationships prior to Devilman becoming Devilman. y'know, to show what the heroes lost when Crossfire's brother died and to show what they stand to regain when Devilman's real identity comes to light.

i'll send it to you later; I need input on Crossfire's characterization as well as further ideas on his backstory.

I was looking through Crossfire's CS and he's basically quiet, stern, tall, and lean and a marksman

it seems appropriate that I should make his brother (pre-Devilman, at least) a foil to that: chatty, friendly, short, buff, and a melee fighter.

I was thinking of renaming the John Corazon/Devilman character to Hayato ('haya' means Falcon, 'to' means Person). maybe Crossfire has a naming scheme to match or counter it?

I recall you didn't want to make it too exotic...so perhaps Crossfire is only half-Japanese instead of a full one like his brother?

now that's an idea...Cross is a half-breed who gained his powers from a Fae. Hayato is the full-blooded legitimate heir, but can't fulfill that role because he doesn't have powers. both start out very close as brothers. but perhaps as Devilman, Hayato capitalizes on lingering resentment toward his brother for basically 'cheating' his way to the top. such feelings never came up before, but his transformation into Devilman becomes the catalyst that makes him seriously consider their differences....

Reactions: Quiet One
Hm...is Corazon a Japanese name? It doesn't sound like it.

Unfortunately, I don't know as much about Japanese culture or language as I'd like to, so I don't know what to offer in the way of names. When I came up with Crossfire I pictured him like an Agent Smith character - the sort of guy with aliases and a face that made him blend in. After mentioning you wanted to build on the part-Asian note the name Iho came to mind, but I wasn't particularly thrilled with it. What's Japanese for Hawkeye?

Ordinary names would involve stealing your original John concept. Not that there isn't a hundred everyday names to choose from. I wonder what the most popular Western name is in Japan.

Not all of your characters have to be short, you know. And they're brothers. Even half-brothers would have some similarities. Personality should be opposite, fighting style can be different - hell, he can even be buffer - but there should be something that easily identifies that they're related.

That can be a part of their history, too. Crossfire got his powers from the Fae to help train his brother, since the family refused to without his abilities. They would have gotten even closer when he was alive, but after his "death" those good memories were repressed and the resentment comes out.

Hm...is Corazon a Japanese name? It doesn't sound like it.

Unfortunately, I don't know as much about Japanese culture or language as I'd like to, so I don't know what to offer in the way of names. When I came up with Crossfire I pictured him like an Agent Smith character - the sort of guy with aliases and a face that made him blend in. After mentioning you wanted to build on the part-Asian note the name Iho came to mind, but I wasn't particularly thrilled with it. What's Japanese for Hawkeye?

Ordinary names would involve stealing your original John concept. Not that there isn't a hundred everyday names to choose from. I wonder what the most popular Western name is in Japan.

Not all of your characters have to be short, you know. And they're brothers. Even half-brothers would have some similarities. Personality should be opposite, fighting style can be different - hell, he can even be buffer - but there should be something that easily identifies that they're related.

That can be a part of their history, too. Crossfire got his powers from the Fae to help train his brother, since the family refused to without his abilities. They would have gotten even closer when he was alive, but after his "death" those good memories were repressed and the resentment comes out.

Corazon: I originally intended him to be Hispanic, hence the name. But then good ideas came up to make Cross and Devilman brothers.

Hawkeye: Literally, "hawk's eye" or "eye of the hawk" is Takanome. Taka by itself means Hawk.

Most popular Western name in Japan: No idea.

History: I'm down for Crossfire training his brother as Crossfire's motivation for getting Fae powers.

I had another idea not long after that.

The crone I was going to have give him his powers is a lot like Riddleswell, and the idea crossed my mind that she gave him his abilities so he could kill the entity that turns Harato into Devilman. So when they meet again Crossfire's faced with a dilemma: kill the demon and fulfill the bargain, or save his brother.

Done with my post.

I had another idea not long after that.

The crone I was going to have give him his powers is a lot like Riddleswell, and the idea crossed my mind that she gave him his abilities so he could kill the entity that turns Harato into Devilman. So when they meet again Crossfire's faced with a dilemma: kill the demon and fulfill the bargain, or save his brother.
posted. setting up for an unofficial team-up.

i like your idea of bringing in a Riddleswell-esque character and giving Cross a moral dilemma. dunno if we can fit it all in "Search for Devilman" mission, though, since i wanted to draw out the mystery of Devilman's identity for a few pages

that being said, with this being a 1x1, no one SAYS the thread has to end with just the "search for Devilman" mission. we can keep it as an ongoing saga and get to it, no problem.

what's nice is that as it is currently set up, Lost Souls is a perfect ongoing standalone saga, so we have the luxury of eventually getting to Riddleswell, the backstory of Hayato, Crossfire, and Engel, and all that stuff...while slipping back and forth into the main Paraverse stories if we want to.

btw, what do you think of Takanome/Taka for Crossfire's name?

Status
Not open for further replies.