The Lost Souls OOC (Private)

Status
Not open for further replies.
we can set up a talk with engel and landel sure

Do you mean later or in my current post?

Okay.

Hm... trying to think of how they would end up alone to talk about it. Just got up, so it's slow coming. Landel did make that sort of low blow mentioning Hayato. Maybe Engel confronts her on that and the conversation moves to the initiative. From there she can express her wariness about Erika and then I can explain her brain.

Reactions: Razilin
Done with my post. Hope I did Engel well.

yup

my next post will. switch back to Devilman

and we can proced with the actual mission?

Reactions: Quiet One
Sure. I guess we should have a short moment where Ferrara begrudgingly lets the initiative have its trial run.

posted in such a way as to get Ferrara's go-ahead on the fire/fire initiative

i'm thinking of scrapping Hagane for this story and just focusing on the power trio that is Crossfire, Hayato, and Annabelle

Okay. Thinking about a reply now. Struggling.

thinking ahead here, but when the Lost Souls are finally sent out to find Devilman, their encounter should end in a complete curb-stomp to showcase Devilman's abilities.

that defeat, however, leaves with a clue to his identity, which then has the Lost Souls maybe doing some traveling and investigating into Hayato's last mission (which I haven't even remotely thought about yet).

however, the details of Hayato's last mission (which presumably got him killed) will be the key for the Lost Souls to finally defeat Devilman.

some ideas rattling about in my head:

-Sometime in 2014, Hayato and Crossfire are sent on a mission to exorcise a demonic spirit; for double drama points, the mission could be set in a mystically-influenced part of Japan, maybe a holy mountain or something. it just needs to be a place where magic/spirits would have a lot of influence.
-Hayato supposedly dies sacrificing himself in order to contain/exorcise this spirit. The truth is, his body - how hosting the demonic spirit - is taken in by a Hushcobb agent/Hushcobb renegade.
-This Hushcobb agent (or renegade) experiments on Hayato and the demon in secret and thus, the Devilman is born.
-The kicker? Ferrara knows about the experiments...only, they were mothballed years and years ago for being too dangerous and too insane to be useful.
-However, Devilman/Hayato feels betrayed by Hushcobb and believes the organization turned him into a monster. Thus, he goes rampant on them, with the demon feeding the hate that's already there.
-Maybe the Hushcobb rengade that experimented on Hayato is the Controller?

in the aftermath of being defeated as the Devilman, the above scenario lends to a bittersweet ending where Cross, Hayato, and Engel are reunited, but Hayato must leave again to master the demon inside him as well as atone for hurting innocent Hushcobb agents in his rampage.

he could go train in solitude on a mountain like a martial arts master hermit and return in a later story arc as a badass.

Trying to reply in order:

I kind of think they should lose in the first battle, too, but not only should there be clues on who he is, but they should also learn they have some skills in the new team that can defeat him (possibly Wyatt). Maybe they fail to beat Devilman, but they get him to leave the base/hold him off until it's cleared.

If we want to bring things full circle, maybe the experiment involved using ectoplasm to give a spirit physical form. That can tie Wyatt in as well. Or some sort of special Fae magic to incorporate Zeroth.

As is probably obvious, the demon that possesses Hayato and turns him into the Devilman is the same one Crossfire made a deal to destroy. Crossfire would have spent the next two years believing he'd fulfilled his bargain, but failed to save his brother.

Perfectly down with Ferrara withholding info like that. The guy was always meant to be a dick, so this is still in character.

Having the Controller be the secret baddie appeals to me, but his motif is... well, control. Specifically control over minds. As much as I want to go that route I have to ask what his reasons would be for wanting a demon. Was he trying to get the power to do possessions from him?

Game for a brief reuniting, followed by Hayato having to leave again, but I think we can make the reason much simpler: he's a wanted man. Hushcobb would not allow him outside the Inversion Lockup under any circumstances. They'd basically have to let him go.

The mountain hermit is getting a bit overdone in our stories. I'm sorry, it just is.

Trying to reply in order:

I kind of think they should lose in the first battle, too, but not only should there be clues on who he is, but they should also learn they have some skills in the new team that can defeat him (possibly Wyatt). Maybe they fail to beat Devilman, but they get him to leave the base/hold him off until it's cleared.

If we want to bring things full circle, maybe the experiment involved using ectoplasm to give a spirit physical form. That can tie Wyatt in as well. Or some sort of special Fae magic to incorporate Zeroth.

As is probably obvious, the demon that possesses Hayato and turns him into the Devilman is the same one Crossfire made a deal to destroy. Crossfire would have spent the next two years believing he'd fulfilled his bargain, but failed to save his brother.

Perfectly down with Ferrara withholding info like that. The guy was always meant to be a dick, so this is still in character.

Having the Controller be the secret baddie appeals to me, but his motif is... well, control. Specifically control over minds. As much as I want to go that route I have to ask what his reasons would be for wanting a demon. Was he trying to get the power to do possessions from him?

Game for a brief reuniting, followed by Hayato having to leave again, but I think we can make the reason much simpler: he's a wanted man. Hushcobb would not allow him outside the Inversion Lockup under any circumstances. They'd basically have to let him go.

The mountain hermit is getting a bit overdone in our stories. I'm sorry, it just is.

in order

1. lets have wyatt be the reason the lost souls even survive their first encounter wit devilman. that gives wyatt major points (especially since erika will be gaining a lot of them via future interactions with the controller anyway)

2. while the ectoplasm angle appeals to me, i would go more toward using fae as the gist of the experiment. maybe the demon is a fae as well (symmetry between hayato and cross, right there) and as a fae himself, zeroth might have some intel on this demon, which incorporates him more

3. this goes without saying

4. what would be the ultaimate manifestation of mind control? posession. controller was trying to study the demon and give himself that ultimate form of mind control, where he can puppeteer an entire body.

Reactions: Quiet One
Yes to 1, 2, and 3. For 4: would we have him succeed? A mortal being able to possess another mortal sounds like a tricky thing. Absolutely need ectoplasm/protoplasm if he's going to get into someone's head. Like in Ghostbusters it's a psycho-reactive substance.

we can probably answer 4 the closer we get to the end. i can see that being controllers upgrade, but we need to face him at his baseline first, you know?

its how bad guys work!

Yeah. Still trying to come up with a reply. Started to imagine Ferrara in his office. Where were we going to do the actual first fight?

i was thinking of bringing a subtle display of devilmans teleporting. he has already gone from japan to syria in just a day or so. the very next day from the syria attack, he shows up at a hidden hushcobb research facility in nepal.

everyones like "wtf,,,,how??"

Okay, I need a refresher: what exactly are his powers? He's starting to sound OP.

phasing, always silent, shadowy tendrils, and teleportion via shadows (max distance intercontinental)

he can turn into and generate a black mist

ultimately, his defining power is a fear effect

i was going to have his teleportation be line of sight as well, but since hes supposed to be this terror-based creature who kind of acts like a slasher flick monster (nigh unkillable, slowly advances on his victims), i have only been portraying his teleport as a way to explain him being able to travel great distances only. he thus far has never demonstrated using it for short range movement.

Well, if he turns into a mist would he really need to teleport at all? He could just be mistaken for a dark cloud.

That's why I left it at being a way to get across countries very quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.