Status
Not open for further replies.
CRAFT NAME: Cole Blackbruise

DEPARTMENT of Human Resources / Residual Human Resources:
Bodies tend to rack up at the Laundry, and for reasons of operational security not all of them can be released to the normal authorities. That was when some bright spark thought of a use for them, and the RHR section was born. RHR looks after the Re-Purposed Human Entities (don't call them zombies) employed throughout the Laundry.

SKILLS:
Limited Computational Physiology - He does great patchwork for the dead because he's at liberty to fail and try again. The living however, prove to be a bit more tricky on account of he's only got one try if the patient is unwilling to take some risks. It also doesn't help that he uses an outdated smartphone.

Heavy duty - Dealing with Re-purposed Human Entities all day long has kept him generally fit and strong, as well as nimble.

FLAWS:
When the going gets tough alcohol is his friend and companion, and since it's usually always tough in the workplace, well...

BACKGROUND:
Cole is a worn out RHR employee. Booz gets him through the day and he can pretty much stomach anything you can throw at him; pessimistic attitude is on the house. He's the portrait of a man doing a job he doesn't want to do, wondering even how he ended up in it, and desperate to do anything else but wipe some dead-ass butt cheeks for a living. Truth is, he showed some promise in the field of Computational Physiology until he took to drinking a little too much and allowed himself to downward spiral to the point where the only job he could land was dead flesh maintenance at the Laundry.

Last edited:
The Laundry is an accredited, ISO8007-approved equal opportunities employer, after all.

@Arcadius
"Pendragon"

Henry's looking good, man. Only thing I would say is that he's probably not been working at the Laundry for years; this new team has largely been selected because they're newer agents, and so are less likely to be implicated in the mole hunt going down just now.

Plus if the Auditors ever find out he's pinching stuff he's gonna have a bad fucking time. But that could make for a fun story.

@Melon
SHE'S TACKY AND I HATE HER

I joke. Gotta stop being so down on yourself: Chandler's looking good as a character. If she's a Plumber she'll actually have some field experience and training under her belt too, but again bear in mind she's only a recent arrival at the Laundry. So she may still be the trainee.

@Mglo
Well, if anyone's gonna wind up a drunk it's the guy who has to deal with demons riding around inside dead bodies all day.

Normally I've been trying to keep the cast as more recent arrivals to the agency, but RHR is basically the dead-end dumping ground of worn out agents (even more so than the Training Division), so I think Cole can still work and we can keep the "job-inspired alcoholism" trait intact.

@Diana @Tegan @Astaroth @WhisperingWillows
WHERE MUH CHARACTER SHEETS.

*That GMing Intensifies*

Reactions: Melon
What? Thought you'd fucked off into the ether.

STOP MAKING FACES AND MAKE A FUCKING SHEET ALREADY.

I'll do something about the years, then. As for nicking of company property, I have seen Archer way too many times to not go with that.

Edit: Edited the charsheet, now it completely omits how long Henry is with the Laundry. Should be all good now, I hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
I EDITED mY POST WITH BIO NOW. >:[

• Thank You
Reactions: Mook-LandStrider
Alright, guys and gals! I'm gonna have a delicious candidate for the Occulus sometime either tonight (because sleep is for sissies) or by tomorrow afternoon (because I am a sissy). I took a crash course earlier on the force organization of the Royal Marines for this character, but if y'all see any inconsistencies, please yell at me. Like, really really loud.

ALRIGHT FRIENDS, IT'S GAME TIME. THE IC IS UP.

We're kicking off in the middle of firearms and survival training, led by the ever-friendly Sergeant Laine (he's super friendly, honest). The group has only arrived at Dunwich this morning (by boat, no less), and have had a quick orientation lecture by the facility's HR official, Leah (she's at least more friendly than Laine).

Feel free to jump in, get chatting with the other characters, maybe even annoy Laine by daring to ask questions.

Name: Harrison McCoy
Department/Section: Department of Field Support/'Bagger'

Skills
"Now which end do I point at 'em? I'm joking, I'm joking!" - Harrison knows how to handle a gun. Exceptionally well, in fact. His handling of handguns and automatic rifles is tempered by his tenure with the Her Majesty's Royal Marines. He's no sniper, but he is generally proficient with conventional firearms.

"Ate a squirrel on a stick in training. Thought it was quite tasty, actually." - Marines endure some of the harshest training in the world, surviving and operating under stressful conditions chief among them. Harrison is resourceful, and can operate independent of support for a long while. Squirrel meat, anyone?

Flaws
"...you wot?" - Harrison is smart. He can carry on a conversation with your average person, read a LEGO schematic, whatever. That said, now surrounded by computer geeks, electronic wizards, lawyers, actual wizards, things that make sense to everyone else have to be translated into very, very simple terms for Harrison. Sometimes this is just a matter of taking the time and patience to do so, but in a life-or-death punch-this-complicated-string-of-code-in-or-we're-gonna-fuckin'-die situation, which, in this line of business, is probably gonna happen, he's not your guy.

"Oh, oh! I used Microsoft Word once." - Again, with everything being fought and run by programs, Harrison is entirely inept at creating and manipulating software. Hardware is about the same. Anything requiring more instructions than "point, squeeze, shoot" had better be explained in full, and then explained again, and then diagrammed.

And then explained again.

Background
Harrison has had a rather generic existence up until recently. Not a social pariah or script kiddie, he grew up in a moderate part[?] of London, living his life with his adopted parents (no trauma there. Parents just didn't want the baby; boo-hoo), making the grades, so on. Seeking greater purpose, a teenage Harrison McCoy enlisted in the Royal Marines, completed training, and saw combat with the 40 Commando unit. Things started to get interesting during his third year as a Marine, his second combat tour. Contact with supernatural beings was very abrupt, and very violent.

As a Lance Corporal, he led a fireteam of four into a typical breaching operation. His three team members were subsequently murdered, and he was next on the list, opening fire on things he'd read of in works of fiction with little effect. He would be dead were it not for The Laundry, though in his adrenaline-addled state he couldn't tell the difference, and fought alongside the trio of agents that had appeared to suppress the threat. Crisis averted, one flashed a badge, explained that his predicament had already been handled with his superiors, and that he would not speak of what he'd seen or face a death penalty.

He was a loose end, and sometimes tying up a loose end meant bringing it into the fold. Unbeknownst to a dazed, confused... and intrigued Harrison, this was only the start of his induction into The Laundry.

That sexy, sexy mug
[spoili]
e574c35ce08e35cb9696e75668c0959a.jpg
[/spoili]

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a fair point, man. Never shot pistols before (since they're illegal as fuck in the UK in most cases), so my knowledge is somewhat rudimentary.

Lemme go ahead and edit that shit.

WORKING ON CS RIGHT MEOW~

maxresdefault.jpg
"What's My Name?"

"Did you try turning it off and on again?"

CRAFT NAME: Christopher Arkwright
DEPARTMENT/SECTION: R&D Department, Q Division
SKILLS:
Computational Abjuration: Christopher carries an Apple Watch around on his wrist at all time, containing many handy, quick and easy demon sealing spells that can ensnare, capture and even sap the stamina from an unruly demon bastard.
Professional Tinkerer: Christopher, being a technician, has experience with technology, and would happily attempt to fix any technological issues his colleagues have within reason and if he has the spare parts to do so.
FLAWS:
Acrophobic: Christopher can't handle heights. After a training exercise gone wrong (on his part, he'd had little to no sleep the night before), he's afraid of being at places with visible high drops and ledges.
Intellectual Arrogance: Christopher can be a bit of a dick. He's a nice guy and all, but he will often brag about his intelligence when it comes to others not knowing what he knows. It's a habit he'll have to work on.
BACKGROUND: A through and through Cockney, Christopher lived in London's East End, taking up the mantle as part of a hacktivist community, doing low level hacking on less than reputable businesses in his local area. However, as he grew more and more confident in his skills, he began to try for bigger and bigger targets, until he found his holy grail, a file which contained what was some loose code for something he had never seen before. Once he ran the code through his favourite program, a low, monotonous, demonic moan screeched and howled from his computer as masses of writhing, revolting and somewhat nauseating tentacles erupted from his screen. Soon the odd vans began to appear, white panel vans, and so came the onslaught of Laundry Plumbers. His perceptions were twisted and inverted by their appearance, as they rushed in to take care of the extraplanar threat. For his efforts, however, Chris was "hired" [ADDENDUM: ABDUCTED] into the Laundry as an R&D assistant and then was soon promoted to a technician for his skills.​

Ill have an IC post up likely sunday. Sorry for the delay!

@Grumpy

Would they have to torture anything? I can give Morgan the skill Torture techniques or something.

Morgan?

But naw. Torture's not really something the Laundry uses. It's unethical as fuck and kind of redundant when you have access to truth geases, plus torture on the whole is a horrendously unreliable means of getting information.

Morgan?

But naw. Torture's not really something the Laundry uses. It's unethical as fuck and kind of redundant when you have access to truth geases, plus torture on the whole is a horrendously unreliable means of getting information.
Yeah, sorry confused and that is a character from another roleplay. I meant Alexia. Alright, after all Alexia could just get the info from the dead person anyway with her own Computational abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.