The Kingdom of Evertrue - Sign Up/OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ythania

I thought of the same character from Psycho Pass.

Meanwhile in Avarell...

Was my first post sufficient? I'm not sure if I took to many liberties with tracking the group and getting into an opportune perch without them noticing. Also, not sure about how we are supposed to go about NPC's. In this case, the woodcutters. Does Avery or I determine their fate and movements or someone else?
I saw nothing wrong with your post. I'm sure Avery will be excited to finally interact with someone. Given her post, I think the mob was too distracted with Vr'ak and it seems reasonable for them not to have noticed you following. As for NPCs, it really doesn't matter - you can kill off two and have Avery kill the others, you can kill one of them before Avery scares them away, it's just between the two of you.

@PrincessLala95

Okay so I changed it to Avarell except basically a house in the forest near there up in a big tree, so like..A big tree house hehe ^^

Alright so how do I jump into rping here? I'm still new to Iwaku and still figuring out how to do things =3

Your house can definitely be in the forest, but not up in a tree, lol. It's just a basic three-room setup - bed, bath, and kitchen. As for jumping in, most people tend to just start with their characters leaving their homes and venturing out into town/the world.

The common answer we've been going with whenever anyone doesn't know what to start with is to just write about arriving in your home for the first time. You can use a seemingly mundane task to paint a picture about your character--their thoughts, likes/dislikes--and that usually suffices as an introduction in the way of how you roleplay. Alternatively, I'd advise spending at least some of your starter 100 gold pieces on some gear since you start with nothing basically. It's what I did.

• Useful
Reactions: PrincessLala95
The common answer we've been going with whenever anyone doesn't know what to start with is to just write about arriving in your home for the first time. You can use a seemingly mundane task to paint a picture about your character--their thoughts, likes/dislikes--and that usually suffices as an introduction in the way of how you roleplay. Alternatively, I'd advise spending at least some of your starter 100 gold pieces on some gear since you start with nothing basically. It's what I did.
I noticed this only after we started the expedition. The only thing Charlie's going to keep at the end of the expedition is her book - she's going to lose the backpack during the trip back so she'll have to buy all her stuff. Aside from that, Charlie's not going to use anything she has at the moment.

O_O so many posts.

I'm not sure how to jump into any of the conversations here, so I'm just gonna say: rawr!

But on a side note, you should start with whatever you feel most comfortable with, as radio said the simplest thing would be starting out in your home, introducing your character, but you could essentially have them doing anything: hunting, or shopping for two examples ^.^

Right, heading back on my phone to draw some more Aros and Charlie. @Koene - awesome as that sounds, I'm currently not taking requests. My time schedule is incredibly tight, and I prefer to draw what I want instead of taking any obligations at the moment.

7cef7_sword_art_online_-_asuna_03.jpg
Photo Credit: Google; Sword Art Online Asuna Cosplay
Name: Adriana Yandell
DOB: September 7th
Species: Human
Orientation: Straight
Home city: Sapphire City
Physical description: Adriana has Chestnut Brown Hair that goes down to her waist, but keeps part of braided and tied up. She has an Athletic Build and stands around 5' 7" and weighs roughly 100 lbs. She wears mainly white and red as her primary colors. She has a few scars on her back due to consistent battling.

Sword-Art-Online-Asuna-Cosplay-Costume.jpg

Personality traits: Adriana is a kind and patient young woman who used to not care about her life and often charged into battle without a second thought. This changed when she began leading a band of sell swords, most of which are former guards and exiles. She refuses to abandon another in trouble and often considers herself and her organization to be sell swords with morals. Adriana does not really care about money and does not aspire to be the strongest warrior or to be famous, but to keep people safe and earn a reward for it. She is very kind and patient with others. While she has little to no respect for most nobles, Adriana still shows respect towards the Ruling Family and has a soft spot for children. She has very little patience for bullies and will not hesitate to attack them if she sees them praying upon the weak and often does not care if they are nobles or members of the clergy, which often brings her and her organization into conflict with the City Guards.

History/bio: Adriana is a young aspiring Mercenary who wants to make a name for herself. Since she was six, Adriana was never really lady-like and did not enjoy life as a noble, finding them to be too egotistical and such. She has little to no appeal for romance and often made it difficult for her Mother to arrange marriage for her. Instead, she decided to follow in her Father's Footsteps and become a Knight. However, that dream would crash when her Father lost a vital battle. The Yendell Family's Name would be tarnished and her Father took his own life as a result, unable to live with the guilt on his shoulders and disgrace he has brought upon his family. As a Result of her Father's disgrace, Adriana was unable to become a Knight herself, despite her excellent swordsmanship and motivation in battle. Adriana would soon abandon nobility for life as a Soldier of Fortune. At the age of eighteen, she would form an Mercenary Organization who are now known as the Knights of the Blood Oath, commonly known across the Kingdom as the Blood Knights.

Skills/abilities: Adriana is an excellent swordsman and shows much skill with the Rapier, preferring swift and fast attacks to deal with her enemies. Because of this, she is known as "Lightning Flash" on the Battlefield, because she is said to be so quick that no one can see the tip of her sword. In addition, she is also an excellent cook and battle tactician, though most of her strategies are to attack head on and often take no prisoners.

Preferred weapon: In Battle, Adriana wields an Enchanted Rapier known as the Lambent Light, which has been used in her Family for generations.
61NkHZF%2B04L._SY355_.jpg

Notable features:
-Part of a Noble Family, but forsook her nobility to become a Soldier of Fortune
-Leads a Mercenary Organization

Other:
-She is not afraid to go into battle
-She cannot stand seeing people die in front of her, despite being a warrior
-When her men perish in battle, she becomes emotionally unstable and will become reckless
-She hopes to clear the Yandell Family of their horrible history that took her Father away from her

I'm not sure how to jump into any of the conversations here, so I'm just gonna say: rawr!
Rawr? Love you too :P

Awesome!!! She's accepted!

Reactions: Blood Lightning
Sanctum Squad it is. Also, its bloody difficult to type the character development without sounding like a cheap love story. Charlie's not falling in love with Aros, guys! These are the thoughts of someone who's slowly coming to terms with having a friend, despite her efforts to avoid it.

Sanctum Squad it is. Also, its bloody difficult to type the character development without sounding like a cheap love story. Charlie's not falling in love with Aros, guys! These are the thoughts of someone who's slowly coming to terms with having a friend, despite her efforts to avoid it.
She is just too shy to admit it :P

Last reply for the night, Radio, then I'm catching some sleep. Tomorrow I'll keep working out Aros and Charlie's designs.

Know what else works with Charlie? Dog Days are Over by Florence and the Machine. "Happiness hit her like a bullet in the back"... Works for her.

@Valencyr

Your writing is great. It surpasses my own easily, in my opinion.

I like what you did with the general store and it would actually fit. Vr'ak has been there several times and I've vaguely described an older, gray haired man working there. The man was a bit snarky and knew what he was doing easily. The fact that this new clerk is clearly too young and inexperienced for the job is fitting. Perhaps the shop owner got himself an assistant to run the store for him. Could be his son, who knows.

I'll see when I can reply.

Reactions: Valencyr
@Avery

Oh my, thank you! Though that is an overstatement. Your character was my initial interest in the thread. I haven't FFRPed in a while and don't feel like dealing with politics.

I actually made him a young apprentice type to not step on your toes. :-p

Take your time. And it seems you may have another companion, albeit shorter and furrier, very soon.

Also... Did I state my hometown? Or where I have a house? I'd rather not have a house at this time. I still have family in Cublain Village I can shack with as well as a sister on the island.

And.... Should I make character sheets for my family so others can interact with? I saw @PrincessLala95 was making a quick pass through Cublain Village. I'm always up for one or two lines just to add a bit more depth.

I'm sorry my recent post for mini is so short. ;.; I had writers block at the time, but wanted to at least get something up.(I may edit it if my muse spikes)

Status
Not open for further replies.