The Kingdom of Evertrue - Sign Up/OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I suppose @PrincessLala95 I mean the reason I say it that way is because he mostly seems like a male although he seems to only usually be interested in other males when it comes to that sort of thing ya know? you may do what you think people would understand better though if you wish.
Like I said, it's up to you. His gender identity is separate from his sexuality, since they are two different things. If he prefers to identify as male then I can put that down, though - it's your choice. You know your character better than anyone, after all.

Yeah I suppose @PrincessLala95 I mean the reason I say it that way is because he mostly seems like a male although he seems to only usually be interested in other males when it comes to that sort of thing ya know? you may do what you think people would understand better though if you wish.

Male bisexual, I would say. If he identifies as male then it would be his gender, despite being of both sexes. Also, loving the idea of another artist on board, I look forward to seeing your work!

Speaking of, I've been drawing Charlie and Aros for a bit, trying to get used to their forms and structure before I add details...I'm not too sure if people want to see these sketches or would rather wait for a finished product.

Seeing drawings of this is something I've always wanted. Please show me!

I'd love to see your sketches of them! I wish I could draw. I actually have an art blog called bad art by lala where I just post drawings that I've made - they're the best drawings I can possibly do, I put as much effort as I can into them, they just never seem to be quite as good as the pros...

Can I request a drawing of Delyth carrying Thalice on her back and the two of them shooting flowers out of their hands? :D

Hmm... I wonder why Delyth would visit Blue River... Maybe a history assignment? The History of Blue River, as told by Delyth Laerk.
Or maybe Thalice visits the university because she needs to do research on something? A strange new plant she's never seen before, or she really wants to know what the heck is going on with her new powers :o
Or they both meet in the middle somewhere! Though the middle between Telia and Blue River is probably ocean...

Maybe Delyth becomes Auré's partner on this assignment and a lead takes them to Blue River? The lead could end up to be a dead end, but then the girls would have a new friend in Thalice. Yay, friendship! Sleepovers and girly stuff!

Princess! Never admit that you are self conscious of your work. It inspires a pessimistic attitude towards your improvement artistically. I personally think that your writing style is exceptional, the level of description and emotion in your posts is certainly capable of creating images that a painting can't even hope to replicate. Even if you think your drawings pale in comparison, I'm sure they'll turn out better with practice. After all, you reached that level of writing, I'm sure art will come just as naturally to you.

Also, @Nathan pup are you sure you want to have your character's home as somewhere outside of Evertrue? That means you won't have a home here and you won't be able to RP in your character's home unless it's to leave there and come here.

Princess! Never admit that you are self conscious of your work. It inspires a pessimistic attitude towards your improvement artistically. I personally think that your writing style is exceptional, the level of description and emotion in your posts is certainly capable of creating images that a painting can't even hope to replicate. Even if you think your drawings pale in comparison, I'm sure they'll turn out better with practice. After all, you reached that level of writing, I'm sure art will come just as naturally to you.
Friend, I think you underestimate just how bad I am. My art is the equivalent of a three-line RP post with no caps, limited punctuation, countless spelling errors, and a flat character who accidentally teleports from one sentence to the next because continuity errors.

Reactions: Ythania
photo_1450960403142_zpsj0ynjsf9.jpg

5 years old, that one. Oldest one I have on my phone. Once I finish one more Aros sketch I'll show you where I got in 5 years; honestly, its a question of practice. You've clearly got the basics of shape and character design down.

Friend, I think you underestimate just how bad I am. My art is the equivalent of a three-line RP post with no caps, limited punctuation, countless spelling errors, and a flat character who accidentally teleports from one sentence to the next because continuity errors.

But your writing equals to a scenic painting with rennaisance-esque use of shading, perfectly vibrant colors and a breath-taking landscape, all fixtured within the golden rectangle ratio thing.

Edit: The picture is also used as background for several future bass songs on youtube.

Princess if it's any consolation this is the second RP I've been in in 5 years that I love enough to want to see straight through to the end. You're one of the best--if not the best--GM's I've ever had. The level of detail that you add with every update gives this RP structure, while simultaneously giving all of the characters the same freedom of choice many open-world RPs try to emulate. Usually those sorts of free reign RPs fail within a couple weeks, so be proud of the fact that's you're excellent at what you do.

EDIT: I actually was apprehensive about joining when I first saw the structure just because I've had pretty lame experiences with open world stuff. Glad I decided the chance it succeeded was worth making a character for.

Last edited:
tumblr_no77e7QPgV1uvt0tno1_400.jpg

THIS IS WHO I DREW.

Are...are you sure I have the basics down? xD I actually took art classes when I was a kid. Some people are just more naturally gifted than others at certain things - I'm sure the people who still use them as character pictures are also trying their hardest when they write those three-liners.

I love you guys, you know that? Like, every single one of you. You're all the best.

Of course. First step in character design is easy recognition of the character. I could figure out who that was and I don't even play Dragon Age, so I only got fleeting glimpses of that baldy on my tumblr dash. Honestly? If you want to learn how to draw, just go for it and put in the time for effort. I'm self taught; deviant art tutorials on manga were my first step, then books on how to draw manga...I wouldn't suggest that, BTW. Stylised sources royally screw with your perception on anatomy. Focus on real life sources. Nowadays I use Giovanni Civardi's 'Drawing: a Complete Guide' if I need a helping hand, and recently bought his smaller book on perspective.

Of course. First step in character design is easy recognition of the character. I could figure out who that was and I don't even play Dragon Age, so I only got fleeting glimpses of that baldy on my tumblr dash. Honestly? If you want to learn how to draw, just go for it and put in the time for effort. I'm self taught; deviant art tutorials on manga were my first step, then books on how to draw manga...I wouldn't suggest that, BTW. Stylised sources royally screw with your perception on anatomy. Focus on real life sources. Nowadays I use Giovanni Civardi's 'Drawing: a Complete Guide' if I need a helping hand, and recently bought his smaller book on perspective.
Maaaan...that requires time and effort I don't have xD I put all my creative power into this RPG and all my time either working, sleeping, eating, or getting stuff sorted out here. Or obsessively playing Dragon Age. Quite obsessively.

Can I request a drawing of Delyth carrying Thalice on her back and the two of them shooting flowers out of their hands? :D

Hmm... I wonder why Delyth would visit Blue River... Maybe a history assignment? The History of Blue River, as told by Delyth Laerk.
Or maybe Thalice visits the university because she needs to do research on something? A strange new plant she's never seen before, or she really wants to know what the heck is going on with her new powers :o
Or they both meet in the middle somewhere! Though the middle between Telia and Blue River is probably ocean...

Everytime I read this I burst out laughing.

Reactions: PrincessLala95
Status
Not open for further replies.