The Kingdom of Evertrue - Sign Up/OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, well i've been basically waiting for Koene to post so i could reply with Romulus and Kera at the same time :P

Everyone seems to be waiting on someone. :P

I am unsure to posting my reply as nothing much has been going on in the Throne Room. Princess had the last reply as I recall and I do not wish to hassle her with more replies given her situation.
Well after Clarice's post next up is Adriana, and they'll probably back and forth briefly, and then it'll be you and Clarice.

I'm gonna do a megapost later today since I have those two new characters to get going ^_^

Everyone seems to be waiting on someone. :P
Thalice is waiting for Bailor, Eu-Mag is waiting for whoever accepts their quest, and Lady Hadoram is basically only there to handle businesses about her, not leaving it to an NPC.

I will try to get out another character, a hostile and primitive shapeshifter, possibly today maybe.

Edit: Nothing like a little referencing the arrival of my next character in a post, huh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Xoar mian Liefar
DOB: Oct. 30.
Species: Shapeshifter
Orientation: Ace
Home city: Sapphire city

Physical description: Xoar does not have a form, being a kind of shapeshifter that has to have seen or touched the form they take within the last few hours. Fearful of what might happen if it doesn't, Xoar always makes sure to hop from one form to another.

Personality traits: Xoar is by his fellow Liefarians considered brave and dearing, but not to the extent at which it will cause other's discomfort. Other than this, it is a curious fellow, agressive towards most people, with an intense burning rage for aging, robed men.

History/bio: Xoar was born looking like a smaller version of its parent, at the time having the form of an old wizard itself. It grew up in the primitive Liefar tribe of shapeshifters like it. Originally friendly, the tribe greatly valued the flourishing nature of the island, and respected all the animals of it. They never really had any intentions of leaving the isle, not knowing of the vast civilizations just south.

One day, before Xoar's birth, a wizard, somehow aware of their presence on the island, attempted locking them away there with a magical ward, fearful of what they could do in contact with their culture. Running out of other animal forms to take on the island, the tribe was forced to collectively take the form of the one imprisoning them, the wizard. Since then they've restored their form using eachother as a resource, just strengthening their hate towards the wizard.

Being trapped on the island slowly drove the Liefarians to hostility towards anything entering the island, and the land has been ruined. Any and all attempts at discovering the island has been knocked down, and due to the discrecy of the land, no influental person has ever bothered to look up what happened to the private travels there. But while trapped, the island's citizens had to do something. One shapeshifter tried transforming into the ward, clipping it out of the physical plain of reality. Stories say it's still out there.

So Xoar was born. Like everyone else, it looked like, and was taught hate towards, the wizard that is still believed to hold them there. It decided to try its luck against the ward, mainly as an investigation, but in a turn of events the ward appeared to be down, taken there momentarily by a boat crew, trying to explore the island. With help from a group of others, Xoar took the form of and replaced a deck boy while the others chased the crew off.

Having scrubbed decks all the way to Sapphire Island, Xoar's first impression was the amazement over the cities' size and complexity. Upon seeing the variety of races in the city, it was reminded of its own form, and has since taken the form of and eaten various people, in a need of food but in the disability of getting work. Its ultimate goal is to meet someone in authority speaking their language, in the hopes of getting its people off the island.

Skills/abilities: Is supernaturally good at noticing things moving. Does not need sleep.

Preferred weapon: Whenever having to end someone, which preferrably happens unnoticed by its wictim, it usually goes with choking.

Notable features: As mentioned above, must change form before a couple hours have gone since it took its last one. Can also wield a spear.

Other: Is a member of the Liefar tribe, the rest of which is currently situated on Mystery Isle.

Edit: Changed transformation duration from five minutes to "a couple hours".

Last edited by a moderator:
Changing form every five minutes? Man, that's brutal. Like, seriously brutal.

Now that you do mention it, that time limit might have been a little WIP. Say, a couple hours seems a bit less like torture and more like a curse.

Reactions: Koene
He's accepted! Fun fact of the day: @IntrusivePenDesperateSword is the only person in this RPG whose full username isn't on my spreadsheet; instead, the spreadsheet reads "IPDS" because IntrusivePenDesperateSword is way too long for the space I have.

For those interested, my username was one of those "Uuuh, what should I be called... Meh, that works, long or not", and does have its fair share of attempted symbolism.

he seems like an awesome character :3 I kinda feel sorry for the poor fellow sentenced to death for a murder he didn't actually commit though xD

he seems like an awesome character :3 I kinda feel sorry for the poor fellow sentenced to death for a murder he didn't actually commit though xD
True, but who can blame Xoar for being scared and taking the first form he sees in the distance to avoid the trouble of looking like a woman that kind of killed herself?

that makes sense, I suppose it would be far more awkward explaining that, but it would make for a more interesting trial.

"You killed yourself, so, what do you have to say in defense?"

"Well mam, it is my own life, aren't I allowed to decide when to end it?"

"But you can't actually be you, since you are dead. So it's still murder."

I might be slightly bored XD

@Mayu. Well who knows, maybe it could've been her. Evertrue is full of magic so some kind of resurrection could be possible. And just saying but resurrection has been done successfully at least once in history of evertrue, yet it didn't work quite as intended, but i'll leave it to that, you'll hear about it some day once i get to it :P

Edit: oh and as a side note, i'm not talking about necromancy :P

that makes sense, I suppose it would be far more awkward explaining that, but it would make for a more interesting trial.

"You killed yourself, so, what do you have to say in defense?"

"Well mam, it is my own life, aren't I allowed to decide when to end it?"

"But you can't actually be you, since you are dead. So it's still murder."

I might be slightly bored XD
That certainly would have made for an interesting trial, apart from the fact that it, in a human body or not, doesn't speak their language.

@Rauzi true, though resurrection rarely works as intended, and is usually seen more as necromancy than actual resurrection, I'd personally love to see actual resurrection ^.^

@IntrusivePenDesperateSword well that is certainly an issue, but easily solved, the court-room could be enchanted with a spell of understanding(or whatever it would be called) so everyone ould be able to understand eachother, even if speaking different languages, as I'm sure there are plenty of trials where people wouldn't speak, or would pretend not to speak the common language. :p

One thing I just have to know about Venilia, @PrincessLala95...

Can her fin be turned into legs with a simple incantation?

@IntrusivePenDesperateSword well that is certainly an issue, but easily solved, the court-room could be enchanted with a spell of understanding(or whatever it would be called) so everyone ould be able to understand eachother, even if speaking different languages, as I'm sure there are plenty of trials where people wouldn't speak, or would pretend not to speak the common language. :p
Thank you, that would break a few barriers. Great idea!

@Mayu. You're going to see an actual resurrection in some point, i can tell you that much, but like i said, in the end it didn't work like the caster wanted it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.