The Kingdom of Evertrue - Sign Up/OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how the years are done, it seems really interesting ^.^

I wonder if mini would have ever met any of the former kings XD

Don't know about mini, maybe she has, maybe not. I can just say from my character's part that there is some rune mages who has worked for previous kings (well duh) as the first mage was about 20 when Guillaume I stepped in to power

I imagine that being around 700 years old she must have met at least one king. Most likely to complain about them not sending any more troops to eastway, as it was quiet a hobby of hers to kill them when the various kings made their attempts to reclaim the area xD

I have a question, that is semi-important, but at the same time not at all. What exactly are the limits on weaponry? I know there isn't anything modern, like guns and stuff. But what about things such as snake style blades (more commonly known by the improper name of whip/chain swords)?

Also, how does alchemy work here? Is it magic, science, or both? Certain worlds classify it differently, so I'm just curious about it xD

Last edited:
I know the answer to the alchemy question! It's the same question Princess gives to basically every question anyone ever asks about magic in Evertrue: It's whatever you want. Knowing Princess, she'd say it's both, and a combination of the two. She'd say that it can be a matter of applying magical properties to chemicals and liquids, or it can be a matter of strictly science.

I don't know about the swords though. That will have to be answered by her.

Also - yay for making new characters tomorrow! I know just who I'm going to make.

• Love
Reactions: Ythania
Any change in the "Throne Room"?

Distant and irrelevant character relations!

Must not be taken as a reply to the above post, this is referring to mine in the IC.

Thanks fishy!

As for the chain sword things I googled them and I don't see any reason why they would be unacceptable?

okay, thank you both for answering ^.^

....only 21 more days to go. Is it just me, or does time move much slower when your actually waiting for something? o.o

@Mayu. that is exactly what it feels like when you're waiting for something, and that was how my wednesday and thursday went, waiting for someone to post something :P

Just a little something I've been working on. I wasn't going to post any new characters until I figured out what to do with the triplets but this one I simply couldn't resist.

Name: Rahil Ward
DOB: March 6th
Species: Human
Orientation: Straight
Home City: City of Telia
Physical Description: Rahil stands extremely tall, taller than most average humans, and he is slender, yet toned. His skin is extremely dark and he chooses to keep his head smooth and bald. He has narrow eyes, a wide nose, and thick lips. He tends to dress nicely, with an assortment of fine furs, typically in grey and beige tones, and he always has a scarf draped over his head as if it were a hood, though that is more for decorative/aesthetic purposes than any religious or cultural reasons.
Personality Traits: Rahil is easygoing and friendly. He's a people-person, and he loves socializing and interaction. He loves to help others, even if they're strangers, and he's quick to make friends. He never forgets a face or a name, as long as the person provided him with one. He's a lover of animals. When it comes to romantic interests, however, he tends to choke up and stumble around with his words - he's shy and stuttering and unsure of himself if he's interested in someone romantically. Though the bumbling aspect doesn't fade, if he becomes involved in a committed relationship it becomes easier for him to talk freely. He can be rather impatient, always wanting things done in a timely manner.
History/Bio: Ever since he was a young child, being raised in the cozy, yet isolated, village of Riverside, Rahil has been a lover of all people. His mother was always pleased that she raised such a friendly, outgoing, and respectful child, and his father was pleased to have raised so handsome and good a child. The neighbours all loved him, and he grew up with many friends. As a teenager, Rahil was romantically involved with a few girls (never at the same time, of course!) but was never able to find one looking for anything truly serious.
When he was nineteen, Rahil left home to seek out work. It was hard to find something in Riverside that he really wanted to do for the rest of his life. His first night away from home was hard, as he found himself staying at an inn in Satocan, but he quickly figured out what he wanted to do. Hearing the innkeeper's boisterous laughter and conversation with the other patrons, Rahil decided that he wanted to own his own inn.
Unfortunately, money was tough, and once Rahil started looking into the cost of owning an inn, he realized that he was going to need another job until he could afford it. He didn't have any trouble finding one, however, as he was still staying in Satocan and the innkeeper, who seemed to know all of the town's gossip, told Rahil that one of the local ships was looking for new crewmates. It was good money, and it would give Rahil a place to stay so he could save as much gold as possible instead of spending it all on meals and nights at the inn.
Rahil signed on with the Golden Beaumont and became fast friends with the rest of the sailors. They taught him all that he needed to know about working aboard the ship, and in their free time, they taught him some basic swordfighting skills, warning him that there were pirate ships in the ocean that might try to attack them.
For six years, Rahil worked aboard the ship. They were a cargo ship, being paid by merchants and vendors to safely transport their goods and merchandise across the ocean. The men often did business with the vendors too, getting first pick of the goods they had been carrying, and even though Rahil was trying to save his money, he often joined in the shopping. He sent most of his belongings to his parents back in Riverside, who were more than willing to hang on to his lovely decorations until he was able to afford the place he so desperately wanted.
After six years had passed, Rahil finally had enough gold saved up to buy a place. He'd been looking into buildings for sale and had found one on a stop in the city of Telia. He'd toured it while they were anchored there and he believed that it would be the perfect place for him to set up shop and make a living for himself. He bought the building, and on his last trip with his friends - sailing from Satocan to Telia, where he would disembark and begin his new life as an innkeeper - he was fortunate enough to have a most eventful trip, even becoming involved in a skirmish with pirates, though he and his men easily overpowered them - though one, Rahil recalled, jumped ship. The men split the pirates treasure between themselves, as was customary, leaving Rahil with something of a bonus with which to furnish and decorate his new inn.
Rahil is now living in his inn, in the City of Telia. It's more of an inn than a tavern, focusing more on the hospitality part than the drinking aspect, and Rahil has decorated the place with all of the unique decorations he purchased during his time at sea, giving the place an unusual yet beautiful sense of décor. The crew of the Golden Beaumont always stays at his inn when they're anchored in Telia, taking the time to visit with him and socialize, as well as introducing him to new crewmates whenever they're brought on. Rahil loves his life as an innkeeper, and feels that the only thing that could make it better would be finding a wife and having the opportunity to raise a family. Also hiring on more staff, of course.
Skills/abilities: Rahil has excellent social skills - he's charismatic and has a good sense of humour. He knows how to handle a ship, he has decent swordfighting skills, and he's fantastic at cleaning. He can mix drinks and he's highly organized, able to maintain the inn's records and always keep track of what rooms are being rented, what the renters owe him, etc. He's good at remembering details, names, and faces. He's also good at singing, though he doesn't even consider doing it professionally in any way - usually it's nothing more than absent-mindedly singing to himself while he cleans the dining room or cooks.
Preferred weapon: A sword.
Notable features: Rahil has a tattoo on his upper shoulder of a golden anchor with wings, and the word Beaumont written on the crown of the anchor. It's the Golden Beaumont's logo, and the men most dedicated to the ship like to get it tattooed on themselves. Rahil got it in Satocan before setting out on his final trip so he'd always remember the life he had aboard the ship and all the good friends and adventures he had.
Other: Rahil owns the Black Gold Inn in the City of Telia, a name voted upon by himself and his crewmates on the Golden Beaumont.
Inn/Tavern Location: City of Telia
Inn/Tavern Name: The Black Gold Inn
Inn/Tavern Keeper: Rahil Ward
Number of rooms: 13, though he hopes to build an extension soon that will add three more.
Price of a room rental: 9 gold per night. 15 gold for a weekend. 50 gold for a week. 125 monthly rate.
Food prices:
Steak dinner (12 gold) - A steak cooked however you like it, served with cooked potatoes and vegetables.
Fish dinner (9 gold) - A decent serving of fish served with rice and cooked vegetables.
Chicken dinner (10 gold) - A seasoned chicken breast served with salad and a dinner roll.
Pork dinner (11 gold) - Tenderloin medallions served on a bed of pasta with sauce.
Salad meal (8 gold) - A garden salad of mixed greens and vegetables, tossed with our signature vinaigrette.
Individual sides (3 gold each or 7 for any three) - Servings of cooked potatoes, cooked vegetables, rice, salad, or pasta. Mix-and-match. All meal sides can be substituted with any of these.
Speciality brews and prices: These are all mixed drinks rather than speciality brews; non-mixed drinks include beer, wine, rum, grog, vodka, water, milk, and fruit juices, all for 2 gold.
Lemon Velour (4 gold)
Minty Eclipse (5 gold)
Mango Freedom (6 gold)
Red Score (5 gold)
Tropical Kiss (4 gold)
Banana Teaser (3 gold)
Angel Breeze (6 gold)
Lavish Thunder (5 gold)
Peppermint Dark Beer (3 gold)
All drinks can be served without alcohol for 1 coin cheaper than regular.
Anything else: We're hiring kitchen staff, servers, and maids. Excellent part-time position for students or full-time position for those seeking work.

Reactions: Ruby.
By time the 13th rolls around I may have to wait another month, I've currently invented three more characters(though I can't figure out how to describe one of them yet, so technically two and three qaurters of a character) and my mind seems to want to keep inventing more xD

Also, love your new character, he looks and sounds hawt @disappointedfish OwO

He's accepted, fishy. I like him very much. He gives me stuff to work with. I like having things to work with.

@PrincessLala95

Do you happen to know where Radio Jelly is at? I am waiting on them to post in the In Character and they haven't done so for something close to four days. Given that Radio Jelly was so punctual before, I was wondering if something had held them up.

@Radio Jelly Where you at?

Probably something's come up. Like when I got stranded at the Ottawa airport. Or the other night when I became homeless and my computer was still in my old room. Although, Radio's profile says last seen today, even though his last post was Wednesday here in the OOC thread. Just pop him a message. Maybe he got mixed up and doesn't realize it's his post.

Exactly. I know I've vanished but I'm still popping in to monitor the acitivity on the threads. I can't afford to sit down for a couple of hours though and work on posts for the time being but I'm trying to get back into it soon.

Reactions: PrincessLala95
Name: Lord Johnathan Arkhall

DOB: February 8

Species: Vampire

Orientation: Straight

Home city: City Of Telia

Job: Professor

Image:
1291.jpg

Personality traits: Johnathan on the outside comes off as cheery and wymsical, with eyes that seem to be far too old for one who says that he is only thirty years old, he also seems to take special interest in humans and elves who show an affinity for magic. On the inside Johnathan secretly is analyzing everyone around him, so that he may determine who he may trust and bring into his trusted circle of associates, and perhaps even take them on as an apprentice in magic.

History/bio: Lord Johnathan Arkhall is a name that dates back one thousand years, to a small boy who had been born into the world to parents he would never know. At infancy, the child was taken from it's crib in the night, and converted and raised as a vampire. According to ancient texts dating back to that time, he had been the heir to a kingdom that was doomed to tear itself apart after it's sole inheritor disappeared, and the king and queen had been assassinated. The boy, who had been converted by a noble vampire, instead was raised to rule over a group of vampires. The official title he was given during this time was the tenth progenitor, however, during the next one hundred years or so, Johnathan grew to dislike the name and instead changed his title from progenitor to Vampire Lord. This saw a coup from a group of his subjects as they feared the disappearance of the old ways of the vampires that the boy's converter had reveled in protecting and this was quickly put down. Johnathan lead the city state of vampires for a further two hundred years when he stepped down from lordship, and appointing a new leader whom he had spent the past century grooming. It should be noted that several poor choices promptly lead to the fall of this city state. After leaving his city state, Johnathan began an intense study of magic, this study lasted him well over five hundred and fifty years, until he reached the age of eight hundred and fifty, upon which he found a new brand of magical creature previously unfound, and speculating that many such creatures must exist that have yet to be found, and has set about searching for them, spending the next one hundred and fifty years doing so, and finding over one hundred and fifty new species of plant and animal previously unknown via exploration of very remote areas, and published them in a scientific compendium along with various experiments performed on said species and what the determined uses of the species were. All his findings were published under the title L.J.A.
and very few members of the scientific community know precisely who he is, and even less know what he is. Simply because of the fact that he wishes his identity and race to be kept secret, so that he may perform experiments in peace. Recently he has moved into the City of Telia and taken up a job as a scholar there to use that as a front for his experiments. His chosen identity includes his name, but not the title of lord, and he reports that he is the age of thirty, his body having stopped aging at that point.

Skills/abilities: Shown the ability to summon dense fog into and area at will. Is capable of using void magic to store things that he is not using, thus when he travels he does not carry any kind of equipment, as it is all stored in his void portal. Blood he consumes allows rapid regeneration, and he can summon those whom he has killed to fight for him. They retain the skills they had in the life before they died, and are summoned through the use of human blood, with a maximum of five summoned beings allowed to be revived. Johnathan has been known to be capable to regenerate whole lost limbs, so long as he is given sufficient time. He has also mastered a particularly difficult sealing ability known as glass prison, which, given several hours of preparation and the correct ingredients, has been known to be perfectly capable at imprisoning even a dragon for amazingly long periods of time. Also, rather adept at gardening, and at architecture, though he does not engage in either of these activities often. Any magical blood related abilities have been known to be lost to him during exposure to sunlight, and prolonged exposure may leave him weak. Johnathan also shows massive amounts of skill in the area of wind magic and earth magic.

Preferred weapon: Sword, bow, and throwing knives.

Other: Theme:

Last edited:
A vampire! Nice. He's accepted and good to go, I'll have him on the list soon! So he teaches the sciences, I'm guessing?

Status
Not open for further replies.