The Kingdom of Evertrue - Sign Up/OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know how you manage to account for any of it.
I don't know either. I feel like my GMing skills are a giant trainwreck haha. But then you guys all go "Oh Princess you're so wonderful and thank you for this!" and I feel so warm and fuzzy inside. You guys are the best.

Now. Bed.

I really should do a post with the triplets at some point, but it occurs to me that I have no idea what direction I want to go with them. I made them with the intentions of having fun with them - they have three such contrasting personalities and they're all so unique in their own ways, I thought it would be fun to have them interacting and showing off their fun personalities, but I'm just so blocked with them right now. I did like, one post, and now I don't know where to go from there.

Well, they're your characters; put them aside until you know what to do with them. Nobody is forcing you to bring them out right away.

Poor Aros sealed his fate. I'll post tonight, I'm just on my phone, drawing a drunk and happy Sanctum Squad since they probably need a stiff drink and a good laugh.

Reactions: Radio Jelly
All these foxes, man. Nothing wrong about them, they're just starting to become a few.

With it being the 19th, I have some characters, yay! Only two for now, but more to come.

Name: Gallina Mallorie (no last name)
DOB: August 12th
Species: Fire fairy/demon
Orientation: Bisexual
Home City: Sapphire City
Physical Description: Gallina is extremely petite, both in height and in size, with pale white skin that never seems to tan even if she spends time in the sun. She has a wide jaw, blue eyes that are turned slightly outwards, and full lips. Her hair is a dazzling shade of light orange, the colour natural and not dyed. She keeps it short, around her shoulders, and layered for a voluminous effect. She tends to wear makeup, painting her lips red and accenting her eye and cheeks slightly. She's almost always wearing her castle servant uniform. In Gallina's elemental form, she still resembles a human but her body is made entirely of ferocious flames.

Gallina.jpg
Gallina_Elemental.jpg
Personality Traits: Gallina is extremely quiet, not because she's shy, but because she's fearful. She tries to not speak with others whenever possible and she avoids developing friendships. When she loses concentration, her thoughts become dark and twisted, for a power-hungry demon of greed exists within her - not a separate entity from her, but a part of her own being.
History/Bio: Gallina's mother was a princess of a far-off land. The third-eldest of six daughters and the third of a set of triplets, she was never destined to take the throne, a fact that - along with the demonic heritage of her father the King - always struck a chord within her. As she watched her sisters go their own ways in life - the eldest triplet becoming Queen, the middle triplet travelling to a far-off Kingdom to marry a King and save her home, and the youngest four daughters being left to their own devices, free to do anything that pleased them. For Gallina's mother, that meant living in the castle with her sister and plotting against the Queen, so that she might one day take the throne for herself.
In practicing the art of dark magic, Gallina's mother soon conjured up a demon. Disguising itself as a regular human so that it might walk within the palace walls, the demon began to spend time in the castle with the royal family. Gallina's mother soon found herself falling in love with the demon, and before long, they were married. The rest of the family was happy for them, especially when Gallina's mother fell pregnant, but she wouldn't allow her newfound love to change her plans, and with her new husband, she continued to work on various plans to overthrow her sister.
On the evening that Gallina was born, her mother was highly unwell. Entrusting the newborn child to her demonic father, however, proved to be a mistake when she entered the nursery in the morning only to find that both Gallina (though that wasn't her given name) and her father were gone, having left only a note that read You must trust me; this is all part of a greater plan. I will return.
Gallina was delivered to a young couple living in Eastway Bluff, in Evertrue. They were overjoyed to finally have a child of their own, but when Gallina was three, tragedy struck - their home was robbed, and in the confrontation, the robber murdered Gallina's adoptive parents. Investigating guards discovered the crying baby in her nursery, and she was quickly sent to the orphanage in the City of Steel. Within only a few weeks, the three-year-old girl was adopted by a new family, a fisherman and his wife from Cobalt Cay. Another four years passed before tragedy struck yet again - this time, however, it was all Gallina's fault, or so she believes.
When she turned seven, Gallina's powers became active. Being the daughter of a fire fairy and a powerful demon, she had powerful abilities related to fire and darkness, including the power to turn her entire body into a flaming elemental form. Unable to control this form just yet, Gallina's first accidental transformation resulted in her home being burnt down and her adoptive mother dying in the resulting inferno. Her adoptive father, terrified by what his new little girl had become, travelled with her to Monadalia, hoping that the mages there would be able to explain and stop what was happening.
An elderly mage who specialized in destructive magic asked to keep Gallina there for a month or two, wanting to properly train her in the control of her powers. Her father agreed, but that was the last time Gallina would ever see him. He never returned for her, and she would later learn that her father had never returned to Cobalt Cay, meaning that he had likely met rough waters or pirates on the way home and didn't make it. The elderly mage, however, told Gallina that she would take care of her, and so she raised the young girl for another five years. Twelve-year-old Gallina was heartbroken yet again when the elderly mage passed away, her passing fueled only by old age, and left Gallina alone again.
No knowing what to do, left with nothing but knowledge, a small inheritance, and a magical bracelet that suspended Gallina's fire powers, Gallina stowed away aboard a ship bound for Sapphire Island. The whole way there, she found herself struggling with dark and wicked thoughts - they started out small, almost simple intrusive thoughts telling her that she ought to push the captain overboard when he was leaning over the rails or steal some gold from the sailors, but when she reached the island, they got worse.
It was these intrusive thoughts that led her to Sapphire City - though while she was but a twelve year old girl looking for work, the wicked thoughts were telling her that she ought to destroy the castle. She found a job in the castle working as a servant, though they didn't work her very hard just yet because she was only a child. For the last ten years, she has been working as a servant, fighting to keep her increasingly powerful demonic side under control and working hard to make a life for herself.
Skills/Abilities: Gallina has powerful fire powers, which consist of conjuring and controlling flames. She is also able to turn herself into a flaming elemental form which enhances her powers. She is able to control her powers, but she usually wears an enchanted bracelet that suspends her abilities so as not to risk losing control and hurting anyone. As a servant in the castle, she is excellent at cleaning and tidying, and she has decent enough cooking skills. She can read and write proficiently, and though she has yet to discover them, she has darkness powers that are yet to be explored.
Preferred weapon: Magic
Notable features: Bright orange/red hair.
Other: Castle servant; lives in the castle

Name: Venilia Nimiane
DOB: July 5th
Species: Mermaid
Orientation: Straight
Home City: Satocan
Physical Description: In her mermaid form, Venilia is slender and angular. Her tail is a soft golden colour. Her eyes are honey-coloured, matching the tail almost, and she wears few accessories but for a modest chest covering and a brass ring on a chain around her neck. In her human form, Venilia is muscular and curvy, with blue-green eyes and a few tattoos here and there that vanish when she returns to her mermaid form, much to her dismay. She wears modest clothing and a great number of accessories, including the same brass ring, but on her finger. In both forms, Venilia has light-skin, feminine facial features, and messy black hair that hangs between her shoulders and her elbows, which she always keeps down and loose.

Venilia_Mermaid.jpg
Venilia_Nimiane.jpg
Personality Traits: Venilia is bold and brash, often quick to use most unladylike language. Venilia hates the concept of acting like a lady, preferring to count herself as one of the men. She surrounds herself with men and spends her time partaking in the same pastimes as them - drinking, leering, and finding handsome prospects to bed. She's overly flirtatious, always throwing herself in the direction of any attractive man who passes her by, but she's afraid of romantic commitment, instead choosing to commit herself only to the men she chooses for her crew when she finally has a ship of her own. Venilia is afraid of forests and hates feeling like people aren't telling her things or being fully honest with her. She has a deep appreciation and respect for those who are honest.
Bio/History: Venilia lived her entire childhood in the sea. The fishy-tailed offspring of a liaison between a handsome sailor and a mermaid given the opportunity to visit the surface, Venilia was always something of an outcast among her peers. Many knew that she was fatherless, and she had many personality traits typically considered stereotypically human - instead of being sweet, demure, and obedient the way a young mermaid should be, she was loud, bold, and unafraid to speak her mind.
When Venilia was twelve, one of the sea priests pulled her aside to speak with her. He told her that because she was the offspring of a mermaid with a human, she had something that few other merfolk had naturally: Venilia had a human form. He told her that he could use his magic to unlock it for her if she wished, allowing her to transform between the two forms at will. Venilia was overjoyed, wondering if perhaps she would fit in better in human society than she did under the sea, and she accepted his offer.
The priest gave her a brass ring with a black pearl in it, telling her that the ring would allow her to switch forms at will. If she wore the ring around her finger, it would turn her into a human, and when she removed it, she would become a mermaid once again. Venilia fastened the ring to a chain and put it around her neck so she wouldn't transform until she reached the surface, she said farewell to her mother, and she headed for the surface.
Venilia's first experience above water was a most unusual one - she reached the surface, but there was no land visible for miles, only ships. There were two ships, side by side, and the men of the ship bearing a black flag had boarded the other ship. When Venilia drew closer, she realized that they were swordfighting, and that the men from the ship with the black flag were winning, the other men dropping like flies. Within a matter of minutes, while she curiously watched, the men won the battle and began to rejoice before they started carrying crates and boxes from the other ship back to theirs. Venilia, wondering if these victorious fighters might be willing to offer her a ride to shore, took the ring off the necklace and put it on her finger.
The transition from tail to legs was a painful one, with a searing, splitting pain raging through her lower body. She screamed, and that was when one of the men noticed her. They quickly threw down some rope, and she, unsure how to swim with her new legs while enduring the pain that rippled through them, grabbed on for dear life.
They worked together to pull her aboard, giving her a blanket and asking where she'd come from - as far as they knew, there had been no women aboard the other ship. Some of them leered, but she was quick to shoot them silencing glares as she told the men her story. Intrigued, the men decided to keep her aboard, figuring that she might be helpful in more ways than one.
Before long, Venilia had grown accustomed to their ways. She fit in well and found that she enjoyed spending time with the men, partaking in all their favourite activities. They found many uses for her unique position. Sometimes they pretended that she was a captive, bargaining with her to lure other ships nearer. They might agree to hand her over and let her take out the men on the other ship herself once she was aboard, or they would use her to lure the other men aboard their own ship before engaging in an epic battle. Sometimes they even used her in her mermaid form, positioning her strategically so that the men of honest ships, wanting to avoid the horrors of the mermaids of the sea, would see her and move to avoid her, only to fall into the trap laid by her men.
Venilia loved her new life. She had never felt so free before, nor had she ever felt like she fit in so much. She was treated like one of the men, allowed all the same liberties they awarded themselves and partaking in her own share of any treasure or gold they looted off other ships. Venilia knew that the life of a pirate was one for which she had always been destined.
Alas, all good things must come to an end. One fateful day, Venilia's crew found themselves severely outnumbered and outmatched. Struggling to hold her own in battle while watching her friends be slaughtered one by one, Venilia knew that she had no choice but to abandon ship if she wanted to save herself. She dove overboard and removed her ring, clutching it tightly in her palm as she hit the water. Again, she felt that same searing pain in her legs, though she had become somewhat accustomed to it over the course of many transformations. She swam away from the ship, distancing herself just enough to watch tearfully as the invaders took down their black flag and rose a new one.
She swam until she reached shore - this time knowing where it was - and found herself in the City of Satocan. Knowing that one of her fallen crewmates, Tide-Turner Terry, had a small house in the city, she changed back into her human form and made her way quickly there. Alas, it was nothing but the bare bones of a house, with a small stash of only 100 golden coins and a few assorted outfits. Swearing revenge on the ship that killed her friends and determined to avenge them, Venilia has now made it her goal to find and kill every member of that ship's crew, knowing nothing more than the ship's name - the Golden Beaumont.
Preferred weapon: Sword
Notable features: Her tattoos in her human form. When she's in her human form she wears this ring, and when she's in her mermaid form, she wears this ring on a chain around her neck.

Thinking I should make myself some extra characters to pass the time while I wait for a reply...

I adore getting those little like buttons on my posts when I wake up...I'm glad people are interested in the Sanctum Squad.

Hey guys. Just a heads up, I've been kicked out of my home and I'm without my computer until further notice. Don't worry, I'm sleeping at my manager's house for now... So there will be no megaposts and any new characters who register won't be on the list until I have my computer.

I also probably won't be able to get online as often until I have my computer. But that's all.

My mum said she'd start trying to figure something out in the morning. She lives on the other side of the country though so it's tricky. I have no idea what she'll come up with that we can afford though... :(

My mum said she'd start trying to figure something out in the morning. She lives on the other side of the country though so it's tricky. I have no idea what she'll come up with that we can afford though... :(
If it was me, I'd look for any youth hostels nearby and see if you can get a hold of any helplines for a good plan of action. You've got the internet ATM; try to do some research.

THROWN OUT OF YOUR HOME, PRINCESS, ARE YOU OK? Aw man, aw man, aw man.

• Thank You
Reactions: PrincessLala95
I'm okay! My mum is actually contacting the local hotel right now to get us set up with a room until we sort things out. She said to go back there and rescue some of our stuff before work today so I'm gonna do that in a bit. Including my computer.

hope you can get a new place soon <3

Rescued my stuff and made it to a hotel with wifi.

*yawn* it's been pretty quiet for couple days..

I apologize for my inactivity; my home computer refuses to do anything, and the screen on my school computer barely allows me to see anything. And writing on mobile is a pain.

I am unsure to posting my reply as nothing much has been going on in the Throne Room. Princess had the last reply as I recall and I do not wish to hassle her with more replies given her situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.