The Kingdom of Evertrue - Sign Up/OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
*cough* Referring to the overview of this roleplay *cough*
xD I know, but that's not Venilia. It was the inspiration for the idea of her, but I changed a lot of stuff from that. Instead of an incantation it's a ring, and instead of being a warrior she's a pirate.

@IntrusivePenDesperateSword No problem :3 it's simply the best solution, as each race tends to have their own language, and some species are unknown, so while one could simply hire a translator for each trial, in the long-run it would be cheaper for them to get the room enchanted, rather than keeping over 50 translators on staff.

@Rauzi oooo, sounds interesting ^.^

Duuuude, I totally didn't get the whole Xoar-killed-the-lady thing until you actually started discussing it :D You even hinted beforehand! Derp.
I'll make it clearer next time it kills someone. :P Unfortunately, Eu-Mag and whoever decides to join him will meet that kind of creature later on. Possibly also learn some new songs too, if he survives.

@IntrusivePenDesperateSword No problem :3 it's simply the best solution, as each race tends to have their own language, and some species are unknown, so while one could simply hire a translator for each trial, in the long-run it would be cheaper for them to get the room enchanted, rather than keeping over 50 translators on staff.
And the courtroom isn't as big either. I'm just imagining this standard court filled with people, of which almost all are translators.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
@Mayu. Yeah, i'll just say that it wont take long before i reveal that story, maybe this week or next week :P

xD I know, but that's not Venilia. It was the inspiration for the idea of her, but I changed a lot of stuff from that. Instead of an incantation it's a ring, and instead of being a warrior she's a pirate.
Time to make a human baker with three children, then.

I'm still surprised you decided to plop down a courtroom within the castle itself, lol. Just imagine - four-year-old baby Princess Aurélie, dressed up in a pink ruffly dress with her hair done all fancy-like is headed to the dining room for her special birthday supper. On the way, she passes by the courtroom. Things are not going well. In a last-ditch frantic attempt to escape, the bad guy makes a run for it. Bursts open the door. Finds himself face-to-face with this adorable four-year-old in a ruffly pink dress.

Auré: Mommy! Daddy! Auntie Anne is bringing bad peoples home with her again!!
Phil: *sigh* Princess we've been over this it's Auntie Anne's job to make sure the bad people don't do any more bad things!
Auré: But daddy what if he tried to eat me?
Lor: Baby he wasn't going to eat you.
Lady Hadoram: Actually he was on trial for cannibalism.
Phil:...........

@IntrusivePenDesperateSword Exactly why having translators would be a bad Idea. If everyone in the court room is a translator, you would have little to no room for witnesses or a jury(though, I don't think they had jury's in a time period such as this...so that might actually not be a big issue. XD)

@PrincessLala95 That imagery is amazing xD

I'm still surprised you decided to plop down a courtroom within the castle itself, lol. Just imagine - four-year-old baby Princess Aurélie, dressed up in a pink ruffly dress with her hair done all fancy-like is headed to the dining room for her special birthday supper. On the way, she passes by the courtroom. Things are not going well. In a last-ditch frantic attempt to escape, the bad guy makes a run for it. Bursts open the door. Finds himself face-to-face with this adorable four-year-old in a ruffly pink dress.

Auré: Mommy! Daddy! Auntie Anne is bringing bad peoples home with her again!!
Phil: *sigh* Princess we've been over this it's Auntie Anne's job to make sure the bad people don't do any more bad things!
Auré: But daddy what if he tried to eat me?
Lor: Baby he wasn't going to eat you.
Lady Hadoram: Actually he was on trial for cannibalism.
Phil:...........
I can't help how much this makes me laugh.

the thirteenth is so far away ;.; I got bored yesterday, so I was writing a little mini story for my character I'm waiting to add.....now I'm hating myself for it, because it's making me want to roleplay with her even more..... I need a time machine....anybody have one handy? XD

the thirteenth is so far away ;.; I got bored yesterday, so I was writing a little mini story for my character I'm waiting to add.....now I'm hating myself for it, because it's making me want to roleplay with her even more..... I need a time machine....anybody have one handy? XD
At 1:20 Eu-Mag yells "This is a time machine" as several people nearby slows down.

Man...if I had a time machine I'd go BACKWARDS in time by like three days and keep myself from becoming homeless...

I would do nothing with a time machine as it doesn't turn my days off anymore active, somehow it seems that every time i have a day off, the RPs seems to quiet down :P

Question: What year is it in Evertrue at the moment?

Question: What year is it in Evertrue at the moment?
If you're looking for a real-world date, it's not happening. The current year is 166 Phillippe. The way the years work are based on who the current ruler is. So basically, if you want to look at the last few centuries, you'll get this:

King Guillaume I became King at the age of 20 and lived to be 102. He adds 82 years to the Guillaume years:
Years 1-82 Guillaume

King Pierre IV became King at the age of 32 and lived to be 79. He was born in the year 50 Guillaume. He adds 59 to the Pierre years. Previous King Pierres are included, thus:
Years 196-254 Pierre
King Pierre's eldest son and heir was born in the year 208 Pierre, so he was 46 when he became King.

King Paul II became King at the age of 46 but unfortunately only lived three years more before he was assassinated. He adds 3 years to the Paul years.
Years 67-70 Paul.

When Paul died, his next-eldest brother Claude took over. Claude was 34 at the time.

King Claude III was Phillippe's father. He only ruled for twenty-three years, meaning he added 23 years to the Claude years.
Years 145-168 Claude.

Claude handed down his crown when his son was twenty, as that was supposed to be the tradition until King Guillaume I was an asshat and decided that he wanted to be King until the day he died.

King Phillippe III has been in charge now for 34 years. He has no son yet to pass the crown to.
Years 132-166 Phillippe.

So let's say somebody's 40th birthday is today. They were born on the 21st of January, 162 Claude. The current year is 166 Phillippe. If Phillippe dies, say, next week, then 166 Phillippe will end and Phillippe's brother, whose name I can't for the life of me remember, will become King. Let's say Clarice manages to have a son before Phil dies - no matter how old the kid is, he will become King, so let's say they have a baby next year, in 167 Phillippe, then Phil lasts another year before dying, 168 Phillippe ends and the kid, we'll call him Pierre, becomes King at the age of 1. Obviously his momma's gonna be doing his job for him. But then it becomes the year 255 Pierre.

Thank you really much, this is exactly what i wanted to know :P
Makes making diary entries more easier and basically less confusing as i have a year to use :P

Thank you really much, this is exactly what i wanted to know :P
Makes making diary entries more easier and basically less confusing as i have a year to use :P
One of these days I'm going to write up a complete history which includes a list of previous Kings, details on things that happened, what years they spanned, stuff like that. One of these days. Obviously it won't go all the way far back - it'll only go back maybe two thousand years to when Evertrue was created. That way fishy and I can do overlapping stuff since Elbauthin's from a time before big Kingdoms like these. We have so much collab content lol.

Lol, and it also gives us a lot of material to refence to with our historians :P

Status
Not open for further replies.