The Kingdom of Evertrue - Sign Up/OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question! If Avarell is the only place with farmers, how does the kingdom not starve? It sounds like a small village that couldn't handle the agricultural demands by itself... Does the kingdom just import everything, or are there places with NPC farmers but no player farmers? :P

I've never heard of that. Are you planning on keeping her as true to the original character as possible or are you going to take some artistic liberties? I know I could never write a fandom character, I don't think I can ever do another person's character justice xD

Question! If Avarell is the only place with farmers, how does the kingdom not starve? It sounds like a small village that couldn't handle the agricultural demands by itself... Does the kingdom just import everything, or are there places with NPC farmers but no player farmers? :P
The entire area around Avarell is farmland! Avarell itself is the village but if you think about it, most farms are in areas that have small towns - I recently moved to the tiniest town I've EVER seen, but the entire area around it is farmland, and there's LOTS of farmland. I know it says forest, but that's because I couldn't change those details of the map :P But it's more farmland than it looks like, and these are big, hardcore farms. Plus anyone can have a farm out in the country everywhere. But you're right that player farming jobs should be listed in more towns, as well as hunters.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
deer_guy_by_chusska-d6d51nk.png

Name:
Corrin McLayleigh

DOB: April 21st

Species: Bàrr-aon

Orientation: Bisexual

Home city: From the woods.

Physical description: Standing at 5' even, minus the extra four inches of antler, Corrin weighs ins at a meagre eighty-nine pounds. Despite this he has a wiry strength under his slim frame, and is quick quick on his feet and agile. He bears mid back length, soft brown hair, often tied into a braid, that frames his amber eyes and soft face. Under his eyes is a dash of freckles smattering his upper cheeks and across the bridge of his nose, which is accompanied by a friend, if not shy, smile.

His ears are deer-like, and he bears only a small pair of antlers with four prongs total, two from the main branch, and then another smaller pair of branches.

Personality traits: Quiet and demure, Corrin isn't one to get too riled up about things, and generally keep a relaxed attitude about most things. That said, he always had an ambition to see the world, especially outside of his tribe that lived deep in the wilds. This ambition would be the driving force that would lead the young man to eventually go exploring, eventually finding the world outside of his own.

Curious and inquisitive, yet shy and cautious of strangers, Corrin wishes to see new sights and meet new people more than most else.

Corrin is not one for untoward or overt violence, and prefers calmer, less industrialised areas.

History/bio: Born to a small population of his people, the Bàrr-aon raised Corrin like any other child, communally. Everyone was a parent, sister, mother or brother, and that's just how it worked. Unlike the other Bàrr-aon, though, Corrin came down ill at a very young age, and whilst the standard height for most Bàrr-aon ranges from 5'10" to 6'6", Corrin's growth seemed to have been stunted, somewhat isolating him from the rest of the tribe.

Because of his frail stature, Corrin never learned to spear hunt, or sparred with the others, and many in his tribe treated him well, but were always babying him and overall overly cautious around him, always fearing for his safety. Corrin's introverted mindset did not do much to help the situation, and even though he loved his tribe, he came to resent the way they treated him.

Deciding to strike out on his own 'hunting/foraging' venture for a change, Corrin noticed a pair of strange, yet jovial sounding individuals. While he would later come to understand them as travelling bards, he was in awe that there was more to the world than a tribe that would baby him.

Eager to see such sights, he struck out in the middle of the night with his bow, some clothes and some basic gear, ready to see what kind of lands he could find outside of his woods.

Skills/abilities: Corrin is an extremely skilled archer and the Bàrr-aon as a race are naturally gifted in agility and graceful movements. He is also a decently skilled hunter, and can skin and clean most animals to extent of being able to preserve then maximum amount of resources.

Preferred weapon: Wood and horn composite longbow.

Notable features: His antlers and short size, as well as his general feminine appearance for a male coupled with his soft, lilting voice that is not uncommon amongst his kind.

Other: Currently outside of Sapphire City, ready to peddle a number of fine pelts if he can.

Attachments

• Barr-aon2.png
    Barr-aon2.png
    383.9 KB · Views: 0
Room for one more?
There's always room for more! Unlimited spots, my friend :D

And @Verrianna Valentine he's accepted! He'll be on the list tonight - there's another character I have to put up too, lol. But you're free to begin even before I get him on the list.

By the way, how much would a fortune-telling session cost? Especially if it's from a real fortune teller who actually knows the future and stuff.

The entire area around Avarell is farmland! Avarell itself is the village but if you think about it, most farms are in areas that have small towns - I recently moved to the tiniest town I've EVER seen, but the entire area around it is farmland, and there's LOTS of farmland. I know it says forest, but that's because I couldn't change those details of the map :P But it's more farmland than it looks like, and these are big, hardcore farms. Plus anyone can have a farm out in the country everywhere. But you're right that player farming jobs should be listed in more towns, as well as hunters.
This is farmland??

oNancnP.png

Did you ever mention this anywhere before?

This is the exact forest Vr'ak has been supposedly going to for trapping :sideglare:

Reactions: Koene
This is farmland??

oNancnP.png

Did you ever mention this anywhere before?

This is the exact forest Vr'ak has been supposedly going to for trapping :sideglare:

Not all of it! Only the top part. Don't worry, there's still forest there!

I really hope nobody is triggered by vague hints towards depression; my previous post has made some reference. I'd never add it if I didn't have plans for Charlie to get better.

Reactions: Radio Jelly
By the way, how much would a fortune-telling session cost? Especially if it's from a real fortune teller who actually knows the future and stuff.
Man I completely missed responding to this XD my bad. I think that kind of thing is down to the fortune teller themself, deciding just how much their skills are worth. In the real world some of them charge ungodly high amounts and others are actually quite reasonable.

I really hope nobody is triggered by vague hints towards depression; my previous post has made some reference. I'd never add it if I didn't have plans for Charlie to get better.
I myself am okay with it, but thank you for asking in case someone else isn't :)

I'm a bit afraid the magic my upcoming character is a bit OP.

His kingdom's magic is based on two parts, being comparable to a base and specialization. The primary being the ability to cast various magic effects, depending on the ambience and mood of a song playing within audible distance.
The specialized magic builds upon the primary. It can be summarized into the ability to play ambient music at will. Even if spells are cast mostly at will, certain requirements, specified below, must be fullfilled.
He can't play more than one song at a time, and once played, a song has a long cooldown.
All powers last until the end of the song.
Any objects created using said powers disperse as the song ends, and except one, all targets are, if teleported, taken back at the end, unless stated otherwise.
Any changes to terrain or creatures is undone at the end as well. Unless stated otherwise, all songs lasts for three posts when with another player.
Any power can be aimed at a target instead of the user.
Following spells, with corresponding music, are currently learned, and will be updated as the story progresses. Note that I take suggestions with a warm hug and a cup of hot chocolate.

Speed, Zythian - Free
Gives user a great boost in running speed and leaping length, and allows him/her to scale small heights in no time.
Sword, EnV - Palladin
Gives the user great skills in handling a sword. Does not provide a sword, however.
Big, EnV - Green With Me
The user grows to three times their size, gaining ten times the weight.

@RainyDays
As someone who has suffered through depression throughout her entire life, I think it would be nice to see a character go through that journey and actually come out the other side :)
Mental illness / mood disorders are rarely talked about, so opening up about such things (as I try to do) should help change that bit by bit.

I'm assuming she has the type caused by negative events, and not by her brain simply not making enough chemicals... though it could certainly be a combination of the two.
I wish her luck!

@RainyDays
As someone who has suffered through depression throughout her entire life, I think it would be nice to see a character go through that journey and actually come out the other side :)
Mental illness / mood disorders are rarely talked about, so opening up about such things (as I try to do) should help change that bit by bit.

I'm assuming she has the type caused by negative events, and not by her brain simply not making enough chemicals... though it could certainly be a combination of the two.
I wish her luck!
It's mainly the negative events. I usually shy away from such a topic since I haven't experienced it; I hate it when people mangle a genuine illness and use it as a sort of 'gimmick' to embellish their character. Which is why I'll try to keep it vague, and assume that Charlie, logically, would have the condition due to her previous experiences. But therein lies the story; the idea is, hopefully, that she finds people who accept her and she gains self confidence and loses her fears.

If I do offend anyone, either through my errors or simply the number of times I reference to it, feel free to notify me.

Hmm... She also probably has Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder for the horrific things she's seen.
Do a bit of research and you should be okay ^^

Third time's a charm. And you're right, I think I'll do some research.

I'm a bit afraid the magic my upcoming character is a bit OP.

His kingdom's magic is based on two parts, being comparable to a base and specialization. The primary being the ability to cast various magic effects, depending on the ambience and mood of a song playing within audible distance.
The specialized magic builds upon the primary. It can be summarized into the ability to play ambient music at will. Even if spells are cast mostly at will, certain requirements, specified below, must be fullfilled.
He can't play more than one song at a time, and once played, a song has a long cooldown.
All powers last until the end of the song.
Any objects created using said powers disperse as the song ends, and except one, all targets are, if teleported, taken back at the end, unless stated otherwise.
Any changes to terrain or creatures is undone at the end as well. Unless stated otherwise, all songs lasts for three posts when with another player.
Any power can be aimed at a target instead of the user.
Following spells, with corresponding music, are currently learned, and will be updated as the story progresses. Note that I take suggestions with a warm hug and a cup of hot chocolate.

Speed, Zythian - Free
Gives user a great boost in running speed and leaping length, and allows him/her to scale small heights in no time.
Sword, EnV - Palladin
Gives the user great skills in handling a sword. Does not provide a sword, however.
Big, EnV - Green With Me
The user grows to three times their size, gaining ten times the weight.
From what I'm understanding I'm seeing no problems. It's really unique and interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.