The Kingdom of Evertrue - Sign Up/OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, if we're really going to get into it, perhaps things like repairs? Clothes will be torn, armour dented, weapons broken...Perhaps even a fee for doctors to follow corresponding to burns and the like.

Problem is, I wouldn't want it to become too-...numerical, if you catch my drift. In my opinion it should be more focused on the RP itself and less cross-referencing a spreadsheet of prices.

I feel the same way, which is why I hadn't originally included all this stuff. I just added things whenever people asked about them.

I think that instead of including prices for raw materials like clay, wood, paint, etc. I'm going to have a "crafting fee" which will just be a small fee that covers all raw materials from some kind of wholesale supplier or something like that. It would be a small fee and people who have crafting jobs would pay it whenever they need supplies, and they would be supplied with the raw materials for however many items. Then they can sell those items and make profit.

That would work well!! It could be a small fee and when you pay it, you could get the materials for, say, ten items. So if I had Bronwyn buy materials, she could make ten dresses, or five dresses and five shirts, or six dresses, two shirts and two pairs of trousers... and Malise buying materials would get her enough for eight bowls and two pots, or ten pots, or three sculptures and seven pots...

Reactions: PrincessLala95
Okay, that's probably a better idea than listing literally every material known to man :P
Can we at least keep the Simple, Fine, and Fancy tags? Like, you buy ten units of 'fine' crafting supplies so you can make 'fine' quality goods (or worse if you really suck, haha)

Reactions: PrincessLala95
Sure! Then we can have a few different prices for the material sets.

I'll still wait for the next big update to add them in, though. I'm working on a few other things I want to update.

The stable owner literally tells Misty that the only place she doesn't want her to go to is Eastway. Misty decides to go to Eastway. I like your rebellious streak already. Team Eastway is on a roll lately.

@Radio Jelly Somebody noticed! Since nobody is in Vastwater and EVERYBODY and their brother is in Eastway, I thought 'Why not?' and I'm hoping it pays off with some trouble... :)

Reactions: Koene
So, one problem I can see already in this murder plot at Sapphire City...
Our mysterious lizard assassin seems to have fallen out of the roleplay.
What do?
A long, exhaustive search that eventually leads to... nothing? A long search that eventually leads to another, totally innocent lizard-man via racism? That leads to a not-innocent lizard man who also happens to be killing people in the city? That leads to the mysterious lizard assassin himself, but he's been NPC-ified and fled to Eastway Bluff and been lost in the crowds of criminals?

I just realized... Our king and queen aren't nearly as kind as we think they are. Murder and theft is totally unheard of in Sapphire City, but Eastway Bluff is within their empire and murder/theft goes on there every day. If they really cared as much as they claimed to, wouldn't they have at least attempted to put a stop to the crimes and suffering of the people living there? Or is this a case of too-close-to-home in Sapphire City and "meh, shit happens" in Eastway Bluff? (I bet they totally have tried to stop it, I just want to hear the story of what went down :P)

• Love
Reactions: Radio Jelly
Please, please, if you decide to do something to Eastway WAIT UNTIL I GET A TASTE OF THIEVERY than you may do whatever you please to its residents... xD

I am not sure if anyone has asked this before, but is there any place in particular in Evertrue that is akin to the orient?

@KageKaioh
I think of Evertrue as medieval England-like, myself... I can imagine Dragon City as being derived from asian culture, though. Just sounds... samurai-y. Or maybe Satocan with its great fleet of ships! Or Coral Harbor!
If no current description of a city is to your liking, maybe turn a previously-uninhabited one into your version of the orient for the rest of us to explore ^^ But it's all ultimately up to @PrincessLala95

By the way, I love the new population numbers! Much better than scrolling through character sheets and trying to guesstimate.

Thank you, Koene. Dragon City or Satocan sound good, but I will wait for PrincessLala's response before I do anything. I really just need it for a cultural heritage, as my character will not actually start there. Evertrue is just a Kingdom, so his people might just exist outside of the nation, instead.

Koene can I just say I've been formulating my characters' individual attitudes towards the queen (should I ever meet her) for the exact reason that you mentioned above. I have no real desire to end up in Sapphire City anytime soon, but I imagine anyone from Eastway would take one look at how panicked the queen got over a single murder and just feel an overwhelming desire to slap her in the face.

There is no place in particular that's based on anywhere in particular. Everything is multicultural - take Kruvaria, for example, which is simply described as a city of arts. That can be anything - the only person we have taking advantage of that so far is fishy, and all the stuff her characters create is going to have a really obvious real-world cultural influence, but that doesn't mean that Kruvaria itself is going to be an entire city built on black culture - it's a melting pot, like all of Evertrue. I, personally, don't like applying real-world cultural influences to fantasy world because I feel like if you're going to do that, you should just make it the real world to begin with, then add magic. I prefer my fantasy worlds to be mixing pots of all different things, some with influence from real-world cultures and some completely unique.

Let me tell you a story. Once upon a time, the isolated town of Eastway Bluff, high in the mountains and right on the edge of the border between Evertrue and lands that don't matter, began to develop something of a mean streak. Petty crimes were rising and the guards, in their reports to King Guillaume, the great-grandfather of our current ruler King Phillippe, expressed their concern that something sinister might be brewing. Guillaume declared that the guards in Eastway were to be doubled and that he expected them to be stricter in order to get the city under control.

After these orders were issues, the guards were doubled, but before the month was up, more than half of the newly-posted guard had been murdered in what was then the most gruesome and rapid string of murders in Evertrue's non-wartime history. The guards, their captain, and the King could not determine whether it was a single serial killer's work, an organized crime syndicate of some sort, or just several unlinked murders by townsfolk who didn't like their illegal activities being stopped.

Over the next decade or so, all of Guillaume's attempts to retake the city were met with resistance. Dispatched guards vanished, turned up murdered, or became corrupt. Attempts to clean up the city by providing citizens with nice things - parks, decorations, upscale shops - were flat-out ignored. The crime strings never seemed to spread, however, and it was Guillaume's wife, Queen Thèrésa, who may have figured out what the problem was. Late one night, while the couple engaged in pillow talk and Guillaume relayed to her the gist of the most recent report on Eastway activity, Thèrésa commented to him, "It's as if the city itself is working against you."

Guillaume realized, after hearing his wife's wise words, that maybe there was something deeper at work here. It had been eleven years of tirelessly working away at the city - losing countless men, creating hundreds of widows and bastardizing children - and maybe, just maybe, it was time to declare Eastway Bluff a lost cause.

The captain withdrew most of his men from the city. Those who remained were the ones who had really taken to life in Eastway, either those who had found themselves entangled in the crime scene or those who were absolutely determined to continue fighting the crime.

Guillaume's son and grandson both launched new attempts when they took over the throne, but both quickly realized what had stopped their predecessors. When Phillippe's father lay on his deathbed and wrote out final instructions - the most important things that he didn't want his son to have to figure out on his own - for Phillippe, he explained that something dark was at work in Eastway Bluff and that, while it always looked like he didn't care about it on the paperwork, the truth was that Eastway Bluff was a lost cause.

Most organized crime and major crimes stay in Eastway Bluff, not spreading to other cities. The guards in the city are either corrupt or fighting a losing battle. The captain no longer delivers reports on the city to Phillippe and Clarice. Clarice has no idea how bad things are there. She's only been Queen for four years and if it weren't for the fact that Phillippe is sick, her position as Queen would basically just be a position as royal heir-producer. So Clarice's horrified reaction to what happened in Sapphire City is more than justified, even given what happens in Eastway Bluff on a day-to-day basis.

As for the lizard assassin, I personally like the idea of some innocent lizard person being arrested for a crime he didn't commit, but I know Clarice won't convict a man unless they're 100% certain and it doesn't seem like Diodora and Allora to make that kind of mistake.

I shove in a city into my CS, mind me making a post before I have to leave? At least, I'll make a draft on the computer. @Radio Jelly I'll be joining Aros, if that's okay.

Reactions: Radio Jelly
@KageKaioh
By the way, I love the new population numbers! Much better than scrolling through character sheets and trying to guesstimate.
I thought you guys would like it! :D

I'm never giving up on Eastway. You better pray I never make it to the capital or I won't let your royalty give up on it either :P I have big dreams for that place after all.

Plans to turn it into a safe and crime-free haven? That's definitely not gonna happen xD

Safe is a relative term though. If my character went to Sapphire city I'd call that safe comparatively, despite there being a murderous serial killer about. If I help make it less dangerous a little at a time then I'm still doing my job.

Status
Not open for further replies.