The Kingdom of Evertrue - Sign Up/OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WAIT!

Don't listen to Koene! There is nothing boring about Eastway! My main is currently on an expedition that I have been painfully slow in finishing, but when I come back we can meet up. Since his entire arc is basically about recapturing human decency in a city of sadness and suffering, I'm pretty sure he'd be more than happy to try and pacify a bloodthirsty werewolf. You can join my traveling expedition party to learn how to control yourself as well! If you don't like that, I can also offer your character a less noble profession in the assassin's guild in Eastway were my other character (who I've been at a current lack of inspiration for) doles out assassination contracts. I'd bet you'd be good at murdering people!

Basically, since Eastway gets so little love, I will do everything in my power to recruit you to town.

Besides... Sapphire city is hella boring. Its all just 'elaborate palace lunches' one minute and 'reading books in the royal library' the next. Don't you want to be somewhere were there will be minimal law enforcement when you feel like having a little fun?!

Dammit Radio XD honestly though, it's true. The main thing about Sapphire City is that it's where the royalty lives, so it's mostly just my characters conducting their day-to-day lives.

Perhaps the city that literally exists for dark creatures would be your best bet? She could probably find people there who have good advice, and it would be a good way to begin developing a population there.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ythania
Yeah... I was going to mention that you have a city for her specific character, but then I thought 'Why not just glance over that fact so I can have more friends?'. Also they stipulated they wanted to be with other characters though, which probably means she isn't interested in living in Dekus Steppe.

Man. We need people in Dekus.

We need people in lots of places, actually. I know fishy made a bunch of characters in Kruvaria, hopefully she'll be back soon to post with them and maybe people will start joining there, too. The ultimate goal here is for every city to have a bunch of people and be super active, so it'll be like having a bunch of mini RPs within one big one xD A girl can dream, I guess.

Just an inquiry here.

What exactly is in Kingdom of Infinity on Evertrue's side of the portal? My bio and first posts with one of my new characters are gonna say how the portal is first opened, and I'd like knowing what I meet when making first contact.

Edit: Huge city, got it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PrincessLala95
Man. We need people in Dekus.

We need people in lots of places, actually. I know fishy made a bunch of characters in Kruvaria, hopefully she'll be back soon to post with them and maybe people will start joining there, too. The ultimate goal here is for every city to have a bunch of people and be super active, so it'll be like having a bunch of mini RPs within one big one xD A girl can dream, I guess.
I can post with my Kruvaria characters if you'd like...especially since someone just came into the castle library where Kiera is, now I kind of have to post.

@Radio Jelly - I'd love to tag along with you, Jelly! I just read your last post (Btw, loving the writing style, very fluid) and I believe your dark elf would be a lovely companion for Charlie (and hopefully vise versa). Problem, though - Charlie's very...wary of people who want to help her. Mainly because Remsworth has a track record of killing people who want to help her. So we'll either need a really good reason or our characters should have some experience with each other.

@PrincessLala95 - Whilst I'm all in favour of dispersing people equally through different zones, I'd rather not be on my lonesome in Dekus. Perhaps once I get settled in I can make a different character (I was thinking of something more abstract, probably a selkie or something) to populate that area. I just wouldn't want my first character to be on her own!

Sorry if
  1. I'm taking too much attention on myself,
  2. I'm being too agressive towards the plot,
  3. And I'm making a big deal about it, but...
7WW6pvI.jpg

So plug in your headphones and find somewhere quiet, because the beat's 'bout to drop, and it's gonna drop hard.

Photo claim

Reactions: Koene
Right, I've added in the final skill, but I'm not sure how to put it into practice. If I have a potion-maker, where does she get the ingredients? Is there a limit to how many potions she knows how to brew, and how long can she keep a potion before it 'spoils'?

I don't want to push the limits and have a medicinal solution for every ailment, you see.

It's up to your own creative license. The creation of potions is a unique art in that all people tend to know it differently - various ways of creating potions exist, depending where someone is from, what their heritage is, what period of history they're from, etc. People with natural magical talent, for example, might be able to bind enchantments to any old liquid - a glass of water or a pitcher of lemonade - while someone else might need to mix together a selection of ingredients, while someone else yet might need some kind of lengthy process to create potions, which includes magic, ingredients, time, and phases of the moon. It's up to you how you make potions. Obviously if someone thinks you're being OP with it we'll say something.

Things that would be awesome to add to the list of goods to be bought/sold:
Different clothing types, based on quality
Different fabrics, based on quality
Herbs, based on rarity/potency

Since I quoted 50g a yard for enchanted fancy fabric, maybe 30g for fancy fabric and 15g for regular fabric? Clothing would have to mirror this, however... Google tells me you need 2 yards for a shirt, 3 yards for pants, and 5 yards for a long dress, give or take. Using that price scheme, basic clothing for a person would average about... 75g for materials plus 15g for labor, making about 90g total... maybe 100g when sold from the store. However, a fancy gown or suit would probably be over 200g, maybe even 300g for all the work that goes into it.

Herbs, I have no idea... The ingredients all added together would probably have to be below 40g total. Maybe 5-10g each?
A set rate for all different varieties of potions doesn't make much sense to me, however... Is a potion that heals every ailment really comparable to a potion that heals minor burns? Maybe have four different varieties of potion: Weak, Normal, Potent, and Rare (for those awesome, game-breaking effects like flight or invisibility)... and also have those varieties for herbs as well!

Not sure how complicated you wanna get, though...

Also, if I may ask, what is a Magic Orb?

Reactions: Radio Jelly
Hey!
I'm going to be first!

So.... i'd like to reserve a spot for an inn from Kruvaria.
I'll be posting the sheet on Jan. 17th along my other characters.

• Thank You
Reactions: PrincessLala95
Hello there! The RP's owner recruited me, so I thought I'd check this thing out! It seems to be very interesting. I hope you like my character!
1b09d0f286ee0619dc886dd87b8d802f.jpg

Name: "My name is Misty Kay True."
DOB: "I was born on January 1st."
Species: "If you need it... I'm part-demon and posses dark magic powers."
Orientation: "I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable giving this to you, but I am bisexual."
Home city: "I was born in Blue River, but I currently live in Vastwater Basin."
tumblr_inline_nmawu5mMAB1ripgeb.gif

Physical description: "Oh, my, god, you're stupid! Fine. I have dark brown eyes. I am 5"2', and my skin is slightly tanned. I'm a little underweight for my age. My hair is naturally curly, but since I often straighten it due to the fact that I can't stand the curls, it looks kind of messy. It is a darker kind of red that may look artificial to some. But, I assure you, that's the color my hair turns when I'm magically active. Normally, it's a reddish brown."
Personality traits: "Hmm, let me think. People say I'm hilarious. They say I'm extremely smart and can get wild when I'm with my friends. They also say I am way too protective of myself. But, well, that's how my parents raised me! Umm, I think that's all that they say."
History/bio: "Oh, gosh! This is deep. Well, I was born Misty Kay True on January 1st, in Blue River. My mother had me alone, as my father was currently away in Talia studying in the medical field. So, I wasn't exactly that healthy of a baby. When I was 3, my mother gave birth to my younger brother, Phineas Matthew True. He goes by Matt a lot. When I attended public school, I was picked on a lot for the fact that I was part-demon and extremely smart for my age. I hated it so much that my parents had to have me homeschooled when I was 6 for about 3 months until I was ready to stand up for myself. Yeah, that plan worked real well. I still got picked on, up until halfway through the 3rd grade. After I received a note about a secret admirer, people looked at me with new found respect. Even though I wasn't the center of attention, I found life great. I even found the group I belonged in in the 5th grade. My two best friends, Kailyn and Kaylee, arrived. They encouraged me to take studies in the field of education, since I was pretty smart. I didn't take their advice too seriously. When I was 12, my mother had me mentally tested. It turns out that I'm bipolar. I also had depression at the time, but after a few years it cleared up. So, after much advice from my teachers on not going into the field of writing (as that doesn't offer many opportunities), I decided to major in Education at the university in Talia. You see, my mother and father made a lot of money as doctors, so getting in was no big deal. Before I left, though, Phineas disappeared. We sent out a search but he was never found. Even though I was heartbroken, I still attended university and graduated. But, for Talia, I was just the normal student with average grades. Since Talia didn't want me, I instead went to teach at Vastwater Basin, where I live today. I am a teacher there today."
Skills/abilities: "I am very advanced with my dark magic. Not having very many friends gave me time to develop it. I am also skilled at writing and quick thinking. Another odd talent I have is the ability to fight with weapons. I dislike hand-to-hand, as damage is more likely."
Preferred weapon: "I enjoy my magic as a weapon, but I do also prefer to grab a bow and arrow or some daggers. Either one works."
Notable features: "Well, my mother and father are both prestigious doctors. That's really the best I can think of."
large.gif

Other: "I am indeed bipolar still. I sometimes loose myself into my alter ego. That's another factor that made me unwanted in Talia."

Reactions: Radio Jelly
Fabrics will be added in the next update, along with more information about enchantments and herbalism. I'm thinking simple fabric, nice fabric, and fancy fabric, and then the clothing would bear the same titles - simple dress, fancy trousers, nice shirt, etc.

Magic orbs are like any other enchanted item. Each one has a different enchantment and the enchantment (when you get one and check your inventory) should be self-explanatory. Magic Orb (visions of future) obviously would let you see visions of the future, while Magic Orb (teleportation) would give you teleportation powers. Magic Orbs also have a set number of uses, which will be specified in your inventories and will be different for every orb.

Flight really isn't game breaking, anyone with wings can do it :P

Rauzi, I can't wait to see your inn!!!

MouseMas, she's super cute. She kind of looks like Ariana Grande. It's not often that we see such modern-looking pictures in an RPG like this, but I guess it only looks modern because it's a selfie, lol. She's accepted and good to go, I'll have her on the character list soon.

Thank you! It is actually Ariana Grande a few years ago. I adored her hair color. And I can see why modern pictures are different. It's just that there are so many modern people to choose from that it's overwhelming... And I shall get started! I'm probably going to do everything wrong but oh well!

I'm sure it'll be fine :) And that explains why I thought it just looked like her....it's because I'm so used to her having hair that's about as long as mine, lol.

And fabric for Bronwyn's clothing-making, don't forget that one.

It occurred to me that I forgot to specify in my post how much the girls spent in the market. I had calculated it and everything, I just got so caught up trying to figure out how to end the post that it slipped my mind.

Raw materials in general, then. Clay, stone, lumber, fabrics, metals, gemstones, tools, dyes, leather...anything else?

Paper and ink (mapmaker, writer, poet), baking supplies (baker), paints (painter), bricks/lumber/cement/LAND (builders/architects), musical instruments (bards), fishing rod/bait (fisherpeople), seeds (gardener)...that's all I have for now

Status
Not open for further replies.