The Kingdom of Evertrue - Sign Up/OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's not really a dramatic enough change to really affect anyone - otherwise Aurélie would be ageing at a different speed from her family and figure out something was up. It's just enough of a change that people can do the stuff they need to do.

Is it just me, or is the fact that time flows differently over Evertrue a great possible overall plot? I don't know.

Don't know about you people, but Thalice has been working for about a week, mainly because of time skips.

Just out of curiosity, what would you think the overall plot to be if time flow was a strong component? Your question is intriguing. Also, is there going to be an overall plot? I'd imagine it would be interesting if there was because all the territories would probably react differently. Maybe its a plan for the future when everyone is more established?

Now you're asking outside my scope. Plot writing is not my strong side. It could, however, mean that, say, an ancient relic is causing the time anomaly, eventually causing chaos as people get settled, and it will be up to a group of volunteers to hinder further growth, or something along those lines.
The anomaly might defend itself using said time skips and differences. For example, two players are sailing, and a time skip hits one character, teleporting them far out into the ocean, but the boat and the other character is untouched. To mention something.

Reactions: Radio Jelly
I don't like overall plots. They're the opposite of the point of this RPG - the point of Evertrue is to have your own plots and storylines and the freedom to do whatever you want without being confined to restraints set by the RPG itself. The closest thing I'll ever do to an overall plot is something like "Oh it's Valentine's Day so we're having a ball in the Sapphire City castle and everyone in the Kingdom is invited" or something like that.

The time thing is not a feature that characters will be aware of. It's a game mechanic designed to improve upon the sense of freedom everyone has. Like I said, if everyone was stuck in the same time, then people would be stuck. Really stuck. It's only lunchtime during the first day in Sapphire City, but other people have different things going on. As long as you don't make it randomly night when other players have established stuff going on during the daytime in the same city, it's fine. But it shouldn't affect the plots or stories or characters in any way.

Important. Please read this paragraph. I'm leaving for my vacation at 3am Mountain Time. That's in just under nine hours. I do not know if I will have internet in my resort. I'm taking my computer, so if I do have internet, I'll pop on here whenever I can. If I don't have internet, however, you guys are on your own for a week. Therefore:
  • If any new players register, I'm trusting the existing players to check their character sheets for them. I trust your combined judgement - if someone has a character whose preferred weapon is a gun or whose bio mentions being part of Evertrue's royal family, for example, then let them know they have to change it. There is currently nobody who's spoken with me about having any connection to the royal family, so unless someone creates one of the requested characters from the last update, none are to be made.
  • Many existing players will be able to create new characters while I'm gone. Remember, the limit is 4 new characters (for a total of 5) and they have to suit the rules. The day when you can create new characters is the same NUMBER day as the day you signed up - November 23rd becomes December 23rd, and so on.
  • Please, for the love of all that is good in this world, be as active as you can while I'm gone! I don't want to come back and find a dead RPG, especially not when it has this much potential and so much going for it. Invite new players, invite your friends, interact with people, post often...be active! I can't wait to read through what you guys have posted when I get back.
  • If you can keep track of changes to your character information for me (spending money and acquiring new items and finishing expeditions) please do so and when I get back, just pop me a PM or a post here letting me know what changes need to be made for you.
Be good, guys! I love you all <3

Even though it's weeks until I'll be able to create more characters, I have ideas running, and I need opinions, as to what people would like in the roleplay when Jan. 10th arrives.
Either:

- A king, the ruler of the kingdom which portal can be found in City of Infinity. He is a construct, in his case a worn armor held together and given a soul using magic.

Or:

- A duo of cousins, both dragon. They are accustomed to travelling and battle, but cannot leave eachother's side due to a curse, making them often argue.

I do also take other ideas.

tumblr_lxskt49p0z1r2efvco1_500.gif

It's half past four in the morning. I've basically been up all night - I had a couple power naps but that's it. I'm SO exhausted. Our flight requires everyone to be at the gate at 5am, so in about twenty minutes I'll probably be gone...so grateful that the airport has Wifi though, lol.

Name: Carla (No Last Name Given)

DOB: April 4th

Species: Unknown, but horns and abilities suggest some sort of Tiefling heritage.

Orientation: Straight

Home city: Eastway Bluff

Physical description:
c430d0b9d22497719190d60ea84c8ac8.jpg

Personality traits: Carla's most admirable traits include her fierce loyalty, unwavering courage, and insatiable drive. Raised much the same as any orphan in Eastway, she succumbed a long time ago to the lure of the darker professions of the city. Her efficiency when on a job is top notch: she never allows personal emotions or desires interfere with her job, and therefore avoids theatrics, revenge-killings, and other intimidation tactics some of her cohorts delight in. As a result, she may be the only assassin in her guild that has never run into a city guard.

Her devotion to her craft is second only to her friends, of which she only has two. Part of a trio of orphans during her youth, she remains connected to only Aros Vilren and Jagger Mc'Damien. To those two alone does she ever divulge her personal thoughts and feelings. To an outsider, she remains perfectly stoic, and because of this her customers never quite know how to address her.

Years of practice has rendered her poker-face absolute, and her tone of voice flat. Therefore, when she allows even the slightest pang of personal emotion to change her tone, it either indicates she is speaking to someone whom she trusts absolutely, or has changed it intentionally to avoid speculation from wary targets or guards who would only know her by the way she sounded.

Carla doesn't believe in weakness: to her there is only one kind, and that is personal relationships. No matter how hard she tries to push her past away, she knows deep down she never will. As a result, she meets extremely infrequently with her friends from youth and, when she does, she makes sure to never be followed by any in her organization who might hold it against her.

She lives in a cut-throat city, running a cut-throat guild of (literally) cut-throat assassins. She can't afford to be less, and because her position of power can--by guild law--be usurped at anytime, she remains guarded, volatile, and domineering with her cohorts.

History/bio: Carla's earliest memories seem to include a father figure of sorts--a large man who she assumes was related to her by the fleeting physical appearance she can still remember. She remembers hooded men and women taking her from this man, and she can remember the mist-laden pier where she boarded the ship that took her from wherever her true home was.

From that moment, she was alone in Eastway. No one (evidently) joined her on her travels, and besides that moment, her memories suggest she was alone from at least age four. She remembers the feeling of starvation, untreated disease, and neglect well enough though. When she was eight, she was discovered by Aros and Jagger in a ditch somewhere beneath the narrows. The two boys stole medicine and food to treat the girl, who had barely survived four years on her own by the sheer pity of passing traders and merchants.

When she was healthy, it took her a year before she spoke to either of them from sheer fear. Miraculously, neither abandoned her like she had been expecting, and instead welcomed her at her own pace into the gang that they created together. Stealing indiscriminately, the trio of tricksters remained well fed, and hid all their personal wares in the sewers beneath the city were oblivious guards would never dare to trek. For the first time, Carla developed emotional ties that she never had the parental guidance to understand, which in turn meant that her loyalty was absolute.

These years of prosperity for their makeshift family came to an end when she was eighteen years old and on what would be their last outing as a team. They planned to rob a warehouse in the upper-district of Eastway where cartel barons, gang-lords, and organized crime bosses built their palisades. The three of them had since created for themselves a reputation as thieves, and unbeknownst to them all, their actions were under speculation by a number of different groups in the city,

After the mission took a turn for the worst, each member of the team was contacted by a different organization, with hers being a group she had never heard of--even in the seediest bars and alleys of Eastway. She was contacted by an orc woman named Me'Rell, who lead Eastway's branch of Shadowhands: an assassin-for-hire group that could only be contacted if they determined the job was worth their intervention to begin with. Under the tutelage of the branch's mistress, she proved herself as more than capable of many of the assassins positioned in Eastway, and climbed the ranks with ease. She spent the first year after leaving her friends as cold and resolute, happy to be away from ideals that she no longer believed in.

As was tradition in the guild, Carla became determined to assassinate Me'Rell to earn the title of Master Assassin from her. When she tried, Me'Rell caught her in the act. However, the orc woman had taken more than a professional liking to her: she had become emotionally invested in Carla's advancement, and as a result, fault poorly in combat. Her emotions clouded her vision, and in the last moments, Carla thought she could see in Me'Rell's eyes a happiness, perhaps for Carla's success.

When she emerged the new master, many older affiliates either left the guild, repulsed that a gutter rat would be their new head, while others attempted to take her life. Those that did were dispatched quickly and often preemptively. Now, Carla's branch is weak with only a handful of assassins left. As a result, she has had to start from near scratch, working all sorts of contracts to keep her members funded.

Skills/abilities: She is an expert in knife-combat, and as a result very good with most forms of unarmed combat as well. Besides being in great physical shape, she is a very good lock-pick, and has trained herself to move with an extremely light-step to avoid being heard. Perhaps her best combination of the aforementioned skills is her ability to leap several feet in the air soundlessly, which she uses to catch her prey from above.

1. (Active) Carla's mixed blood grants her the ability to wield fire magic. She has no formal training however, so this is limited to various forms of controlled flames being emitted from the palms of her hands. For example, she cannot summon a wall of fire, or shoot a fireball, but is perfectly capable of either spewing flame from her palms in a flamethrower like fashion, or in small, compressed jets which she more often uses to melt lock-handles with precision.

2. (Passive) Similar to Aros, she can run long distance for long amounts of time without suffering fatigue. She uses her agility to perform acrobatic feats in much the same way as him.

3. (Passive) Her mixed blood grants her an immunity to fire damage up to a temperature of 3,620 degrees Fahrenheit, or 1,995 degrees Celsius. In other words, anything hotter than a propane torch will burn her skin.

Preferred weapon: Any sort of knives, although she is perfectly content using her fists and fire magic.

Notable features:
tattoo___dragon_head_by_psychologicalentropy.png

This is tattooed on the right side of her neck, and has been for all her known life.

Other: She is fiercely uninterested in romantic endeavors, and finds anyone who is weak and unbearable. She has formerly repressed similar feelings for her friends on several occasions, and has since judged romanticism to be a luxury of the rich.

<ANOTHER CS INCOMING HERE AT LATER DATE>

Not entirely sure how the new acceptance process works for returning individuals, as I think the information post only specified for newcomers. Either way I won't post for these characters for a while anyway.

There should not be a problem with her, anyways.

Name: Seth Winter
DOB: 05/12
Species: Human
Orientation: Straight
Home city: Sapphire City
Physical description: 5'9 moderate muscular build, short red hair, blue eyes.
Personality traits: he is kind and friendly. He loves to make idle chit chat and Jokes. While he normally has a carefree attitude, during battle he becomes much more focused.
History/bio: Seth and his family lived on the outskirts of Sapphire city, in one of the less protected areas. Up until the age of 10 they lived a relatively quiet life as farmers, the nearest other family being at least half a days walk away. Seth learned how to manage and maintain a garden thanks to his parents guidance. Though during the spring of his tenth cycle brigands started to harrass them for food. At first it wasn't bad, they weren't asking for much, but soon their numbers began to increase and wanted more food. By the same next year their numbers had doubled and were requesting the entire harvest to be given to them or else. Knowing what that or else would be Seth's father quickly sent him and his mother to the city to try and get help before harvest time came. The two quietly made it off the farm during one night but it was a week long trip to the city even with a horse.

After the two make it to the city they pleaded for someone to help them. Having their cries fall on deaf ears they began to lose hope, when suddenly a ray of light shined down on them. Some of the guards banded together to see about this brigand group growing. It was only a handful of men, 5 or 6 at the most. They were ordered by their superiors to check out the problem and assess if it could be a bigger problem in the future.

Seth's mother fell ill during her time in the city, she would not be able to make the journey back to their home. After regretfully leaving his mother behind seth and the guardsmen made their way back to the farm. Along the journey Seth's curiosity would get the better of him as he watched them train. The chime of swords clashing together, the heavy spirited yells of battle, even if it wasn't real combat he enjoyed watching. Halfway through he began to try and take parts in their workouts to test his strength, he was being serious as the guardsmen just laughed it off.

Arriving at the farm would be a turning point in his life. The once green grass and luscious fields of wheat, now covered in ash and burns. His home he had lived burned to the ground, he quickly ran over and jumped around some of the rumble only to see the charred corpse of what was once his father. Mortified at the scene seth broke down, falling to his knees he was paralyzed and couldnt move. One of the guards went to see what happened to him only to be disgusted by the state the body was in. He quickly dragged seth away and put him on the wagon. They talked for a little while then spread out and seached all around. Upon their return they debated a little longer before boarding the wagon. Before Seth had realised it they had already been on the road for a few hours.

Arriving at the city he had to do the horrible deed of informing his mother of what had happened. When he went to where she was staying they told the boy they kicked her out when she ran out of money. Shocked seth was worried and quickly began to search for his mother. He looked everywhere he could think of only to find her in a church. The two were reunited for the time being, she was happy to see Seth once more only to be destroyed by the news of what happened. Her illness had only gotten worse while he was away. While the church was kind enough to offer the sick woman a bed, Seth had to do whatever he could to make money for food and medicine. He lived this fleeting happiness until he was the age of 17 when his mother passed.

Lying about his age by one year he joined the guards for many reasons, but only one in his mind. He wants revenge, those brigands who murdered his father. He used this to motivate himself through years of training and petty tasks. As he rose in rank and elder officer took notice of him, it was one of the men who had went with the boy to the farm. The two would meet every so often and become friends, this leading to a fruitful realtionship for them both. Seth would participate in his missions to help, and he promised a promotion.

Only that promotion didn't come until he turned 28, the officer recommended Seth for a royal guard position. After much deliberation Seth was granted the position. He still learning his way around everywhere, but he is enjoying his new lifestyle, and always keeping one ear open if he hears news of bandit attacks.
Skills/abilities: he is especially skilled using a lance, and has survival skills he obtained on his own. He secretly likes to garden in his free time

Preferred weapon: Lance
Notable features: a scar on the backside of his right hand in the shape of a triangle
Other:
(its my first time here if anything doesn't fit just tell tell me, i didnt quite read through everything... Thanks)

I really like this person. Bios like that, man.

Don't know if you've read, but the author and GM of this roleplay is currently out, so it is up to the general collection of others here to approve or disapprove characters, and you've got my appreciation for sure.

I really like this person. Bios like that, man.

Don't know if you've read, but the author and GM of this roleplay is currently out, so it is up to the general collection of others here to approve or disapprove characters, and you've got my appreciation for sure.

Thank you thank you, im surprised you read it all so quickly :o maybe I'm just a slow reader....

Thank you thank you, im surprised you read it all so quickly :o maybe I'm just a slow reader....
It's all about being active when it matters the most, but thanks. And don't worry, you know, practice makes perfect! :)

I don't think anything is wrong with this char. Pretty good, really good actually. You've got my approval.

Sorry for being a bit inactive I will post sometime later tomorrow.

Apologies for my inconsistent writing. Been having a bit of trouble recently finding time to sit down and write properly. Should be able to get something out tomorrow as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.