Which side will you fight on?

• Heroes

• Villains

• Servant of Darkness

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Tosen arrives in a city hes heard so much about*"So many villians to slay so many heros that have gone down the wrong path Lord please forgive these people and please forgive me for passing judgment on them"*He makes a cross sign with his hand before going forward*

MIGUEL BELASCO
(LEGION)

Hours later Miguel rests on a throne made of skulls and bones tied with red silk threads. A gold cup on his hand. Outside the ship the rumbling of several bikes its heard, a line of six bikers, all dressed with black leather jackets, jeans and work boots aproach Miguel ship.
The bikers get inside and go down to Miguel room.
"At last Vic, I didnt see you and your men last night, you almost missed the blessing, what where you doing?"
Vic, a bull of man, with dirty blond hair takes off the bandanna that cover his hair.
"Sorry boss, we were having a party and lost track of time... aint gonna happen again"
"Better dont, I have little patience and always need fresh meat and blood, even one as rotten as yours, well I have changed my mind, the job here has turned to be much more... intresting than I had forseen. Seems like we are gonna have competitors here, some could lend us a hand others could be trouble, I need information Vic, I have put my guys to find who they are but your people could find out information on the streets. Whats your plan for the takeover?"
Vic takes a map from one of his men "Theres a lot of gangs around your church, mostly small time guys, we can take them easily, either buying them off or killing them, but theres three big gangs who aint gonna go down easily, theres the Heavenly Sword gang, chinese triad, they control the docks, smuggling things from all over the world, weapons, drugs, knockoff stuff, etc., they are well organized and armed. His closest competitor are the RedStar gang, russian guys, they are fighting the Swords for control of the docks, they are almost as strong as the Swords but they are more... crazy, they didnt mind shooting at cops. And the last one are the Bulls, a biker gang, they do work for whoever pays them most, they sell stuff and keep this side of the city secure for the others. You could buy their services but Im against doing it"
"And thats because?" Miguel asks mildly amused.
"The rat bastards killed a bunch of my men months ago, not only that, they also took the money and drugs that we were gonna pay them!, anyway we are gonna need weapons, big weapons the russians and chinese aint gonna fire at us with sixshooters"
Miguel snaps his fingers, four workers come bringing wooden crates that they put on the floor.
"Open them..."
The workers open the boxes using crowbars. Vic whistles as he see whats inside the boxes.
"I think that would be enough to begin, more are on the way, military grade weapons, hope your men know how to use them without blowing his own heads, arm your men, call a meeting with the Bulls gang, we will offer them the hand and if they dont take it then we will use the knife... also I want to see you and your men tonight, Im gonna bless the church, the DeadOnes will be called to help you..."

Reactions: HackSlashDave
Lupus had been driving for near an hour and the blood from his wound had seeped down through his new clothes and into the seat of the vehicle. He saw the sign for Sacramento city limits and sped up. He didnt know where the nearest medical facility was but he needed something fast, though this wound wouldnt kill him it would certainly incapacitate him if it got worse. He spotted a dentists office down the road and slowed down a bit to see if there were any lights on. Empty. A little further down the road he found a kennel, several cars were parked in the lot. A few lights on inside. He quickly spun the wheel and turned into the parking lot. He slammed on the breaks and the tires screeched as he collided with one of the other vehicles. It's alarm went off and he heard shouts from inside, he reached for the handle and undid the lock before throwing the door open. His driver side door collided with the other vehicle, scuffing the paint even further. He threw his legs outside of the truck and began walking to the door. He noticed movement inside and approached the door quickly, his left hand clutching his wound. He banged on the glass while some people milled about inside, it looked like a small party.

"Open this fucking door!" Lupus said slamming his hands on the door, "I need meds!"

One of the people inside came to the door and the light from the outside showed it was a smaller female. The instant she unlocked the door Lupus slung it open and grabbed her by the throat. He pulled her in close and growled a few words.

"Stitch...Me...Up."

The girl nodded with wide eyes. Lupus let her hang away from his face and saw a few more people inside. One exceedingly skinny young man, one overweight young man, and another woman. He saw an older man, mid 40's, decently built. This man moved quickly towards Lupus and the young woman before Lupus tightened his grip on her throat. The man backed off and put his hands up to show he meant no threat.

"I need stitches and someone had better get to it fast before I snap her fucking neck!" Lupus said looking each of them in the eyes, the older gentleman quickly went over to a cabinet and pulled out a first aid kit. The man set it down on a table and instructed Lupus to walk over to it. Lupus pulled his shirt up to expose the wound and saw it had closed up a bit but that it was still bleeding. The older man poured some alcohol into the wound and Lupus grumbled a bit. The next couple minutes were spent with a needle slowly moving in and out of Lupus's flesh. Slowly closing both wounds on either side of his body. After the man was done he cleaned up his needle and thread before washing his hands off in the sink. Lupus let the girl go and began to walk out.

"You should head to Ohio, I hear things are booming for your kind out there." The fat young man said, "Not like a racist thing or anything, just saying."

"Thank you," Lupus said to the older gentlemen before walking into the parking lot and climbing into the previously stolen truck. The larger young man had brought something to Lupus's attention. Perhaps a Pack was in Ohio, perhaps some people like him and his father. With that he got on the road and headed east. No real design on where to go but just to go as far east as possible.

By now the wind had died down, leaving the so-called hero standing in the midst of bodies and destruction. Her black eyes glimmered happily as a smirk spread across her lips. "It's all yours, Sky...." She whispered, closing her eyes. As they blinked open they revealed confused and disoriented violet orbs.

"W-what..?" She stuttered, looking around her wildly. What had happened?! Had she..? She looked down at her hands... they had caused this... She had caused this. She started shaking, pulling her hood over her head and taking off down the street. Now she definitely couldn't stay here. They'd find her, her eyes made sure of it. Anyone who seen them would know who she was and what she had done to the town. As she ran, tears dripped down her cheeks. Finally she slowed to a walk, tearing the mask from her face and letting it flutter to the ground. She wouldn't need it anymore anyways.

She sighed, she had to go grab her cat and her stuff... It was then that she remembered Peter in the hospital. She'd told him she'd take care of everything...

Well you did.

Quickly she shook her head in an attempt to quiet the voice. Not now! She'd had enough of that wicked voice. A sigh passed her lips as she furiously rubbed her eyes to rid them of the traces of her tears as the hospital came into her sight. Snowball was sitting on top of her bag near the entrance. "I'll give you treats later..." Sky whispered, laying her cloak down on top of her cat who merely blinked knowingly at her. Changing her clothes back to her street clothes, she headed inside and back to his room. She poked her head in, peering at him for a second before slowly making her way in and reclaiming her seat from earlier.

~~~~

Marik was leaving the scene of destruction as well, his fragile mistress laying in his arms. He moved slowly, no real hurry to return them home. Besides, he knew she liked being outside especially since she rarely got out. "Are you alright?" He asked softly, looking down at her.

Her eyes were closed. She was resting. If Marik ever found out who had caused that building to collapse....

Last edited:
"Well aren't you lucky," said his reflection. "You're guardian angel arrived before they could."

"Then why can't I wake up?" asked Peter.

The reflection shrugged. "Why do you assume that I know everything about this place?"

"Because this is your place," Peter answered. "This place and you were both made by the Codex. I know that you have access to it and its knowledge. So just wake me up already."

"It's not me that's keeping you asleep but I'll try... "

---

Slowly Peter's eyes opened. In the same chair as before sat Sky, next to his bed. Had she always looked so pretty? Although, something did seem off. Just a shimmer in her eyes. Was she upset?

"Sky?" he said, tentatively.

She looked up from where she'd been staring at her hands upon hearing his voice. "Yes?" She chimed, voice sounding quiet, broken almost. Yet other than that she seemed to be doing rather well in hiding her internal war and her distress. A smile even painted her lips, despite the fact that she worried what he'd think once he found out what she'd done.

He's one person. Why do you care?

I don't know. Just leave me alone for a little while... Please..?

Laughter echoed in her head. Darling, I am you. I can't leave you alone.

She closed her eyes tight for a moment, fighting back more tears. No, there was no way that damned voice was her! She sighed, blinking open her eyes to look at him once more. She'd only faltered for a moment and she hoped he hadn't noticed. "I told you I'd come back."

Something, Peter didn't know, but there was something off about her. Especially just now. Her eyes shut tightly, just for a moment. Clearly something was causing her some distress.

"And you did come back," he replied. "Thank you." What had happened while she was out? "Are you... I know I'm pretty much a stranger but are you okay? If there is something then you can, I don't know, you can tell me."

Once again he wanted to look into her violet eyes. Peter could see in her eyes, Sky was was definitely upset about something despite the smile that masked her face.

A sigh passed her lips as her smile finally fell. "You'll see soon enough." She mumbled, motioning helplessly at the TV. They were bound to show what remained of the town center on the news. All she could do was hope they hadn't caught any images of her in the middle of the shadow storm. Although with the wind and the moving shadows, it would be kind of obvious who caused most of the destruction.

He's going to hate you.

I know....

Don't worry. It's better that way though. No one to hinder you.

She sighed once more, shaking her head slightly. No it most definitely wasn't better that way.

He watched the TV. The events that unfolded on the blurry, little screen almost seemed unbelievable. And during it all Sky had lost control, let her shadows wreck the town center. Though a lot was happening on the screen it was fairly obvious what had happened. People had gotten hurt, the villains had gotten away, someone had been shot and there were even bombs that had gone off. But Peter didn't see anything that was her fault. He shook his head.

"I don't understand half of what happened there," he began, "but you were only trying to help. Honestly, it looks bad. But I know that you lost control, you wasn't yourself. Just like back out on the road last night." He reached a hand, hoping she would accept it. "I know that you blame yourself, I've spent half of my life blaming myself for things that I couldn't control. This is just the same. You lost control and you weren't able to stop what happened. If anyone is to blame then it's me. I shouldn't of let you go in my stead, I knew that you have trouble controlling your powers but I still let you go. I'm sorry."

She looked up, slightly taken by surprise. He didn't think it was her fault? Seeing his extended hand, she hesitated for a moment before lightly taking it. "I was me though. She says she's me...."

That's because I am.

Ignoring the voice, she continued. "You had nothing to do with it. You would have gone if you had your way, I'm the one who knocked you out." It was obvious that his words made her feel a little better, but she was still extremely upset and confused.

MIGUEL BELASCO
(LEGION)

The Demons leave Miguel, they would return later with a truck to load the weapons and carry them to his camp. Miguel goes to check the cells inside the ship, at the moment only one its being used. The man who is to be used as sacrifice, hes tied to a chair, his mouth and eyes shut with tape.
"Dont worry, soon its gonna end, tonight your blood, flesh and soul will serve a higher destiny, our Darklord will feed on it, and if satisfied he will bless our new fortress".
The man struggles to free himself but to no end.
"Yes please, be scared, our master likes the fear, it gives flavor to the blood and the soul, and since all of us will partake of your flesh and blood... we would like a spicy meal..." Miguel licks his lips, his tongue black and split like a snakes.
As hes about to leaves the cell area he calls one of the guards. "Prepare him, in a few hours I need him in the church, break his legs and dont give him anything for the pain, I need him scared and in pain, also I will need a big cauldron, my knifes and candles... a lot of candles... take them from the storeroom, they are special, thats all..."

Peter shook his head. "You were just trying to help. Me and everyone that was caught in the middle of that chaos." There was one thing that didn't sit right. "What do you mean she says she's you?"

There was a lot more to this than Sky was saying. Something about her powers that seemed to function on their own. But Peter had no idea what that something was and could only guess.

"I was trying to help and all I did was make everything worse... I destroy everything I touch." She muttered sadly. It was what she'd been told her entire life and it was what she truly believed. She couldn't help anybody no matter how hard she tried. If only her powers didn't have a mind of their own.

It took her a moment to realize the mistake she made. She was about to brush it off and say it was nothing, but something told her she could talk freely.

You're an idiot.

And you're annoying.

"The voice... the darkness... She says she's me."

"Well I'm not a voice of darkness and I'm telling you that she isn't you," he said. Gently Peter squeezed her hand. "You don't destroy everything you touch. Look at me, I could of died last night out on that road but you saved me. And you probably saved me again by stopping me from going out there today. But I know what it's like. I have caused some terrible things, things that never should of happened. And, I don't know, I struggle with them. But the past is in the past and I need to move on. Somehow I know you understand that even though your powers get out of control, you're still trying your hardest to control them and that is what matters. So don't let your mistakes weigh you down."

For a while she was quiet, taking in his words. Even though tears threatened to fall, she smiled. Someone understood and wasn't pushing her away.

You know he doesn't mean it.

Shut up and let me enjoy this.

For once the annoying little voice obeyed her and quieted for the moment instead of running its commentary. "Thank you...." She said quietly.

MIGUEL BELASCO
(LEGION)

Hours later Miguel and his men return to the church, the works on it had begun and the old building had been surrounded with a wood fence, the workers had return to home as his shift had finished, only the guards remain. Miguel hurries inside followed by his men, "... put the sacrifice in the altar, its still hours to begin but there are things to do before..."
The men nod carrying the captive and chaining him to the dusty altar.
Miguel kneels and start to put candles following some pattern that only he know, the candles are black, red and purple, all new. A teenage girl come in, skinny and dressed all in black, she carries a briefcase.

"Perfect... I was about to ask for it..." Miguel kiss her cheek before taking the briefcase and opening it on the floor, inside two skulls, rest beside two larger bones, Miguel takes one skull, a five pointed star its carved on the forehead along other strange sigils. He walks keeping himself inside the candles pattern until he stops and place the skull on the floor, the girl has been following him with the briefcase open, after putting the skull he go back and walks again until he stops and put the other skull away from the first one, then he do the same with the bones.
"Be good and go out, ask the men to bring me the cauldron and the rest of my stuff..." the girl nod smiling and go out running.
Later the girl returns followed by the men who carry a heavy, black iron cauldron.
"Put it over there, and away from the walls, and put some wood under it, lots of it, I need a good fire... and you my dear girl... you deserve something..."
The girl smiles and clap his hands, jumping and smiling. Miguel reach to his pocket and pull a small vial, filled with a clear green liquid. "But first..." Miguel then embrace her and lift her from the ground as he kiss her. "Now your prize my dear... open wideeee..." the girl obey, closing his eyes and opening the mouth, but no tongue come out, only a blackened stump. Miguel open the vial and pour the liquid, the girl swallows it and his eyes open, she smiles maniacally and soon fall to the ground convulsing, his eyes turn up showing only the whites, some foam form around his mouth.
"Witchs brew... it hurts at first... but later... you want more and more... soon it will be the most popular drug in the city... and Im the only one who will be selling it"

Last edited:
Reactions: HackSlashDave
She had saved his life. And she upset with herself, had left her home and the only person in all of Bien Sombre that she knew was Peter. Sky looked tired. She had been up all night, waiting for him in the waiting room, then gone out and pushed herself and her powers.

"Do you have anywhere to stay in this town?" asked Peter. "I have an apartment where I keep my outfit, spare weapons, spare masks. Figured it was too dangerous to keep all of that home. So, well, if you want you could go there and rest up. Besides I should get out of here before people starting asking questions."

He didn't want to explain how he gotten himself hurt and usually such injuries required the doctors to file a report to the police. Then there was the fact that he had been brought in with weapons and wearing clothes that were very similar to the Vanguard's costume. And it was possible that someone could recognize Sky from the news. They should both lay low for a few days.

Reactions: VoLaTiLe
"I don't... All I have with me is a small bag of clothes and my cat." Her eyes widened slightly at his offer before a grin spread across her face. "If you want, I can get the two of us out of here then." As long as he wasn't fighting, she wasn't going to protest him leaving the hospital.

You're insane...

I know, I have you in my head.

He felt good that he was able to help her in return and the smile on her face brought a little bit of light to his eyes. Peter smiled back at her.

"Good. But before we go I need my clothes," he said. "Could you just wait outside, please, while I get changed?"

His eyes searched around the room in search of his clothes. Where were they? He couldn't very well go around in the gown. Though he did have more clothes at his spare apartment, even multiple sets of the Vanguard's outfit. But first he would have to get to his apartment and going there in his current state just wouldn't do. Then Peter saw them, folded and placed to the side on a table in the corner of the room along with the rest of his belongings. The batons were missing.

"I won't be too long getting dressed."

She nodded, rising from her chair and heading towards the door. "Alright, I'll be outside." So, outside she waited, leaning against the wall and fighting with the little voice in her head. Yeah. Just business as usual. As nurses and doctors based by, she got the occasional shifty look and knew that they knew. He was right, being here wasn't smart for either of them.

You should just leave now while you have the chance.

Now, why would I do that?

Because, you're just going to get hurt again.

No, I won't.

How do you know?

Because I do.

That's not a valid answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.