Three wanted a ride home, while the fourth was offering to walk. The Walker looks at Tae Min Lee and just shakes his head. "I think I'll decline that offer" is his simple response to that. After all, it doesn't seem like he isn't going to take off his own strange garb anytime soon, and part of that included a mask and goggles to obscure his face. Probably wouldn't be the best idea to bring someone like that into a home.

Soren would know how to leave, simply by utilizing the ID Badges that they had. As for the other three, The Walker goes over to them. He focuses for a few moments, before tapping Majima. He would vanish in a large flash of static.

The same thing would happen to Tae Min Lee and Hira.

And it is hard to describe the feeling of it. Just like before, the world is enveloped in blue static, before they are just outside of their respective homes inside of a Pseudospace, which they would be able to break (and would have to if they want to go inside their houses).

It all happened in the blink of an eye, no time to really get the sensations of anything, if there were any to begin with. Maybe a bit jarring from the sudden change of scenery, but nothing distinct.

Once those three were gone, The Walker looks at Soren. "Well, be safe on your way home." With this, he vanishes as well in a flash of static.

And the day would come and go after that.

And with Sunday came the start of Golden Week. School would be out, and possibly some would have time off from their jobs. This is the last week the Gamers have to train and make connections before their protection from the Abyss runs out. At least they all had safe places to train now.

And on that Sunday, Rei Amagi would be outside of the Karasuma Dojo at the requested time of 9 AM, the same time Ichimiya requested Rin to be there as well.

Of course, something else of interest would appear as well.

For Aiko, Soren, and Rin they each would receive a PM on the Gekkoukan Forum Site at 8 AM.

I was talking to my friend about this really old show, Fullmetal Alchemist, and he spoils it for me by telling me to watch out for those artificial sin guys. How mean is that? Seriously, that guy is so rude. It really put a plague on my day. Still, I forgave him since he didn't really have any intention to betray me with that argument inducing statement.

Or did he? I don't know, his eyes were strange that day after all. They were different than what I have seen before. Then again, his eyes are always strange www.

Who knows, www.

Anyway, gonna go play some Mario Kart now. I really love hitting people with those Koopa Shells. Its like they always come out of nowhere, those pesky Green Shells.

A... strange message indeed. Something about a very, very old anime? Something about a friend of his? A reference to a game? Who knows. But the sender is the more intriguing part of this message. Their friend(?) Shimo, whose existence still remains an unknown enigma to them all.

Aiko would also receive a message on her phone from her father.

Ai-Chan, I saw a notification that the emergency shutoff activated. Please be careful with those Ghouls.

Remember, you only get two uses a day, but regardless be careful.

Anyway, I am expecting a couple of packages today. So watch out for that. One of them is for you.

Love, Papa.

And a message to Tae Min Lee on his Abyss Aucton email would appear. The email being that of Dresden. It arrives at 8 AM.

Subject: Magic and Your Assistance

Are you still trying to learn Manipulation Magic? I know someone who would be good for you.

If you want me to introduce you to them, then I need you to perform a favor for me. Its not anything dangerous, don't worry.

I just need you to look at someone. Information for Information.

Meet me in the Entertainment District in front of Septembres at 10 AM. We'll discuss it over coffee. Or whatever it is you drink in the morning.

The others had all opted to be teleported back to their homes, and in a flash they had disappeared. The Walker gave his regards, and did the same.

"If not for my power, I doubt I would be able to get used to that." Soren had blinked that time, and within that small duration, a person went from standing near him, to who knows how many miles away.

Placing his hands in his pockets Soren started out on his detour home. The thoughts of buying new materials to make more tools and inventions had crossed his mind, but when he mused on it, he came to a bittersweet realization. If I just use the abyss auction, I am likely find all the basic materials I will ever need. No longer will have to go across town, I won't have to lug it around, or find a way to transport it, or ask my parents to come pick me up, I bought too much again. Everything I need at the click of a button, and brought directly to me…

Of course he had been travelling the entire time, and found himself in that very location he was starting to think of as obsolete. Simple muscle memory? Or was it due to him enjoying the familiarity of it all? Either way, he was there. The business district, and in the shopping division. Searching for something? Or just simply there?, He wasn't quite sure.

~~~

"Ah, yea. Don't worry, I picked it up" spoke a tired voice in perfect English, a yawn escaping after his speech. Right as Soren passes by a small antiques store, the owner of this voice had come out, speaking on his phone and yawning.

A rather tall man at 6'1", definitely a foreigner. He is wearing a wrinkled suit with a disheveled tie, his short brown hair just as disheveled. He has a clear 5'oclock shadow and large bags under his eyes.

There is, of course, another way to discern his status as a foreigner. A much larger bit of definitive proof.

Arcana Institute Professor

Ancient Magus

Simon Klaus Lv ???

His name, which next to it has a level obscured in question marks. He seems to be speaking on the phone still in English of course.

And he seems, of course, quite tired.

~~~

Soren hearing the foreign language, couldn't help but glance over to see the man. Though he had to take a double take, and on the second time, he was more focused on what he saw above him. "Ancient Magus?" The words lightly escaped his lips. Soren was struck in awe. He had seen some powerful people, but this was the first he had seen with their level being hidden, and if his game knowledge was telling him anything near the truth, it was that a Magus was a VERY powerful entity.

I need to talk to him. He is also a professor, So he shouldn't be on of murderous intent, along with him being tired, he could be more likely to be in an agreeing mood. Soren Attempted to get close to the man, before speaking up again, "Mr. Klaus?"

~~~

As the man hears Soren speak, he pauses his conversation. Muttering something into the receiver, he hangs it up and sighs heavily. He turns around, tired eyes gazing over Soren for a few moments.

"What is it?" he asks him, tired eyes now gazing listlessly at Soren's face. This guy really seems exhausted.

~~~

Their eyes met, then Soren blinked twice. I didn't expect him to give me his attention so quickly. Does talking to random strangers usually work out this way? "I Am Soren Manuel," He held out his hand to shake, "I think I am looking for someone like you, would you care to join me for a coffee or espresso?" Smooth.

~~~

He sees the hand, and just shakes it in return, before pulling his hand back as he shakes his head. "Sorry, I don't drink that stuff. Nor do I swing that way. Nor do I go for kids." The man yawns once again, his tone not seeming like he is joking. "So no thanks."

With this, he starts to turn away now to leave.

~~~

Gah! This is why machines are better than people! Just go straight forward, point for point like the flow of programming!

"I meant I am looking for a teacher." Soren stepped forward, trying to be assertive, without coming off as rude, "I recently awoke to some talent, and I am looking for someone to help me develop the skills necessary to do the impossible, and make the unmakeable." Might as well just tell him that you can see that he is an Ancient Magus, though he can likely detect that you have a power of sorts if he is that powerful.

~~

"I know, I was joking." He just shrugs and then mutters "Kids these days."

"Go enroll in school if you want a teacher. I don't teach outside of work." He yawns now once again.

"Are you done? Because I really would like to go to bed."

~~

There is a school? Of course there is a school…"I didn't know there was a school for such things. Makes sense." Soren mumbles a bit before speaking up again, "How does one enroll in such a school, and what do they teach? Is it limited to a specific art?" Soren wanted to ask more questions about the abyss, about details of the school, but he knew he should be vague about it out in the open like this. "And how many classes do you teach yourself?"

~~~

The man just reaches into his pocket, pulls out a piece of paper, and writes something down with a white pen.

Except the paper he hands to Soren is... blank.

"Once you can read that, then you'll know." He stretches now as he puts the pen in his pocket. It seems like this guy isn't much for answering questions in his current humor.

A window does appear before Soren though.

The Quest 'The Mysterious Professor' has been created.

Do you accept?

[Y] [N]

~~~

Soren gratefully accepts the paper, examining it, to no avail. "It's not just going to have a witty remark on it is it?" Soren chuckled and looked at Simon, before clicking to accept the quest, "I'll accept this challenge, and when I have passed, and you have maybe caught up on sleep, May we have a chat?"

~~~

"Sure, why not." The man turns away now.

"If I'm not busy that is." And with a yawn, the man now proceeds to walk off.

The Mysterious Professor

Issued By

Simon Klaus

Objective(s)

Find a way to read the Professor's Note

Rewards

Information on the Arcana Institute

8 EXP

1 AP

~~~

I have no time to waste then. Soren ducked away as he placed the note into his inventory. I need to figure out how to read that note. I suppose I need to get a move on with the magical arts.. My joy will have to take a back burner for now. He started to run in the direction of the train. Who are you kidding, You can't live without machines or games. I'll just need to schedule myself better.

Upon his arrival home, he found his parents sitting together watching a movie eating popcorn. Soren just went to his room, and got to work on training his mana...and playing his video games...sometimes a little more focus was on the game than it should of been.

Waking up, Soren started to load up his backpack. I'll require a book on this, a book on that, I'll need to run by the library to find a book on human anatomy if I wish to understand better how this shell works. He clenched his left hand tightly, opening it to look at the marks left by his nails. I should also grab a book on armour if that is what I hope to link my mechanical expertise into. Between that many books, along with my current magical books, and a portable game system I will not go without something to do when I run Oom and am on cooldown from grinding.

Going to the closet, Soren took out the spare futon and stuffed it into his inventory. He wasn't planning on wasting any time once he started training. Loaded up, he was almost ready to make his way out of the house when a pleasant smell hit his nose. Mom made breakfast. I smell eggs and cheese. Lower his bag, Soren grabbed a plate and sat down at the table to enjoy his mother's cooking.

"Soren, Are you alright? You've been acting..." His father started then hesitated as he was looking for the right words, "Strange lately." Soren's parent's had already accepted that their son was a bit off, and did some strange things, or spent most of his days locked in either his own room, or the workshop.

Finishing a mouthful of egg, Soren spoke without looking towards his either parent, "I've made some friends, We are working on an exciting project." Its not a complete lie, most of it is based on truth, and he was feeling some sort of comradery with his fellow Gamers. To what extent, he wasn't fully sure yet, but it was there.

*Smasssshhh*

Soren's mother dropped the glass she was washing as she turned to look at her boy. Tears welling up in her eyes.

His father was in a very similar state of shock, missing his mouth completely with his glass of milk. the white fluid pouring all over his plate.

"I'm going to be staying out for most of Golden week, I'd like to make a good dent into the project." Soren finished as he got up, kissed his mother's cheek then left for the library.

I wonder when the others are planning on getting there today?

83e158adfb7412ca16b959d6c586d25a.png

Hira was outside his apartment in the blink of an eye and he seemed to be a bit unnerved by the fact that he had just been jolted from one place to the next. As he broke the pseudospace and walked into his small living area, he wondered what he would do for the rest of the night. It seemed like he should be doing something extra, aside from his training. He could train more or... Hira realized exactly what he could do!

Hira pulled out his Aqua magic book and opened it. He received a notification on whether he'd like to consume the book or not. It seemed what Rei said was correct. They did have the option to be rid of the book and receive a skill then and there. However, he was not that impatient. He would sit down and commit himself to reading this book.

It seemed like his brain had other plans though. He began reading and got intensely distracted by a banging noise that his neighbors were making upstairs. That stupid old woman trying to catch her cat was always the worst late at night. Hira wasn't sure when she ever slept. She was a sweet old lady though. She'd just make large clomping noises all day and all night long. Hira dozed off a little as he read the book and then decided to go to sleep.

When Hira woke up the next morning, he had realized that he had made an excellent choice choosing to get work off for Golden Week. Although he thought he'd lose a lot of money, he needed some time to relax. Well... That was before he got this new power out of the blue. As he awoke, he realized he needed to speak to Rei at some point today. Their message seemed like they were angry, but there was something odd going on. Why wouldn't they just explain what he asked? Hira also wondered why Rei was so angry he had managed to gather intel on War. He was going to figure this out, whether he'd be dead afterward or not.

Tae Min blinked once, twice. Wiggled his toes, then patted the top of his head, before a bubbly peal of laughter escaped him. Now that was something he could definitely get used to. With a new bounce in his step, he broke the pseudospace around him and merrily skipped through the double doors of his house.

"Mina! I'm home!" he announced.

A loud rustling echoed down the broad hallway, followed by a soft clang and the sound of muttering. Curious, Tae Min toed off his shoes and placed them into the shoe closet, then ventured through the foyer. His socked feet were near silent against the wooden flooring. Which, was likely the reason why he nearly gave the housekeeper a heart attack.

The moment he was about to cross the threshold of the kitchen, said housekeeper stepped out, flinched, and dropped an entire tray that she had been holding onto. The metal piece clanged loudly against the floor, along with the teapot, and other ceramic wares that she had been holding.

For a moment, the two just stood there and stared quietly at the broken shards.

"Dare I say… shall we stop procaffinating and pick it up?" Tae Min joked.

Mina blinked, sighed heavily, then let out a bemused chuckle, "Welcome home, Do-ryeon-nim." Tae Min smiled in return. Together, they cautiously swept up the pieces and wiped the tea off of the floor (notedly, not without another pun or two).

"Oh right," Tae Min piped once they had finished, "I think I might have some people over tomorrow."

"That's rare," Mina replied with a piqued expression. "Is there some occasion I wasn't aware of…?"

"Nah, I just made some friends," Tae Min replied. "Which, leads me to ask, do you think you could whip up something for us tomorrow? For about… say three people?"

The housekeeper's raised her eyebrows. "I can, of course, but… I have to say this is rather new behavior for you," she mused. "Not that that's bad or anything! It's great if you've found some good friends."

"Aww, thanks Mina," Tae Min smiled brightly. This inevitably made the housekeeper smile in return. Though, admittedly she wasn't without worries. I hope he hasn't picked up some bad company. I wonder if he's even told his parents yet... likely not, considering that he just got home. Not that they would deny him something like this anyways though...

"Well! I'm gonna be in my room if you need me,"
Tae Min declared. With that, the violet haired teen scurried away to his endeavors.

Behind him, Mina let out a worried sigh. She was already preparing herself for the worst, but...

Heaven knows what that boy can get himself into.

---

The next morning, Tae Min awoke early to the now-familiar window about his good night's rest. The message from Dresden arrived while he was belting out garbled consonant exercises with a toothbrush in his mouth. One glance at the subject was all that was needed to have him grinning like a fiend as he raced through his morning routine. Once he finished, he typed back:

I'll definitely be there!! (╯✧▽✧)╯
Also coffee's for old people
Let's grab some tapioca instead, I know a really good place ヽ(・∀・)ノ

Last edited by a moderator:
And just like that the yakuza gamer was back home, he decided he'd get some reading in, starting with his ki usage book. The...how to be a dragon ball character book, he smiles and shakes his head at it, certainly makes it sound like fun. He however set's the book down and moves from his bedroom to his kitchen, making up a meal and calling his father. "Hey...dad I've got something I need to ask the Chairman if that's alright...no no I didn't do anything stupid...well I guess I'll save judgement on that until the meeting, if it's possible. If not might I ask for a meeting with you and some of the other upper officers of the Family, it's something important yes, no I can't say what it is over the phone. Just, it might be something that could really help out our family and the entire clan."

Kazuo hangs up with his father and slides his meal onto a plate and sits it on his table, going back to his bedroom he grabs the book and sits down reading through as much as he could before finishing his meal and heading off to bed. Waking up the morning after, Kazuo still had nothing to do so he continued reading through his first book. Staying within a short distance of his phone in case his father called back.