The Fine Line Between Love and Hate (w/ Blooming B

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I know it's fast, gosh. I just... I have admired you from afar for a little while," he admitted, hand rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly at the blunt admission - it could be seen as creepy, even if it was entirely innocent and rather cute. "Prince or not, I like you. I don't think my status and your lack of one matters greatly, if we can keep it a secret for a little while-- but you talk it through with-- what was his name? Colin? Talk it through with Colin and then come find me tomorrow, at the castle. Just tell a servant you are to see me, it should be fine."​

"Cobie." He corrected quickly, "C-Can he come, Cobie? I want him to come with me, being alone makes me nervous, aha... I m-mean, I'm just scared that he's away from me now, but we're both sort of having a fight... B-But it's okay! I-I... don't know why I'm telling you this, um..." He whispered, his hands fiddling under the scarf.

"You're having a fight?-- i don't need to know why, but anything I can do to help, just ask," he smiled, suddenly scooping his hand closer to place a platonic kiss on his cheek. He may not want to be seen as some pompous Prince, and he wasn't, but he still held same basic characteristics of a royal, mostly his impeccable manners and righteousness. Hence the small peck, rather than a prolonged one - it was rude to do so when they were, technically, just friends. "And when we near your house, I'll hang back so your mother won't see me, I don't want to place you in an awkward position..."​

Letting out a soft, pleased squeak from the action before bursting into fluttered giggles and- rather embarrassingly- a snort. "Y-Yeah, okay! I'll... I'll stop by at some point with Cobie, I promise. J-Just don't expect him to be too happy about it... I think I should leave, though. Um... Bye?" He questioned, unsure of how to say goodbye to people properly as he hurried off to their small home in a hurry

"What on earth are you doing home?" Florentina understandably blurted once spotting her youngest burst through the home, the woman, who had been on her way upstairs with a pile of freshly washed and ironed clothes, stopping to critically analyse the young wyvern. "...You look very red-- are you sick? Ah... go straight up to bed, okay? I'll get you some honey and lemon-- where's Cobie?"​

Avoiding his mother's gaze, he decided to tell the truth of the morning's events... though left out everything avout Jakob except when they had fallen. "... S-So now Cobie is mad at me and wanted space, and I couldn't just say no... H-He went to the library, um..."

"You left him o-on his own? In a snowstorm?" She shrieked, the fact one of her son had broken his hand (despite it being healed) and the other had fainted-- and both had had contact with the Prince all making her slightly erratic. Hence the hyperbolic talk of snowstorms - it was barely snowing, but in her worry, it may as well be Arctic weather outside. "W-We need to go get him, okay? Well, you and y-your sister can go..."​

"But he wanted to be alone..." He reminded, his face twisting in confusion as he fiddled with his scarf. "I-I didn't want him to be nore angry with me, mother... I didn't want to leave him alone, aha..."

"I know you didn't, of course you wouldn't, but... he can't be out there alone. I wouldn't want you to be alone either!" She exclaimed, fiddling with her hands in sudden nervousness for Cobie, even if there was no real indication he was in any danger. Just the thought of him out there, having hurt himself and having had contact with a Prince making her weary.

"Fine, I... I'll wait an hour. If he isn't back, I expect you and Ariel to go out and collect him, o-okay?"​

"I-I mean, we can go now.... But I don't think we should worry too much!" He reassured, taking her hand. "W-We can go in a bit too, if you want. I-I didn't want him to be alone!"

"I-I'd rather go now," she babbled anxiously, pulling on her thick coat and pushing her hair from her face with a weary smile. "I just... I worry about you boys so much. After wh-what your father did to you both as little babies and toddlers... I'm sorry for being protective, and I know it's suffocating you both..."​

"It's fine, mom..." He reassured her, before slipping back into his boots to head out once again. "I'm r-really sorry we make you worry. You go through enough as it is, but... I couldn't let Cobie get bullied like that."

"I understand, of course I understand, and I don't care about that. If the school tries to place blame, I'll go to them myself to stick up for you and Cobie," she said sternly, moving to gently lead him out the door after yelling out to the other children who didn't have a job and would usually just laze around the whole day, much to Florentina's surprising delight - having her children close was all she really wanted. "I... just don't want you and him around humans, okay?"​

"Well, I... I found a human that really likes me, mother..." He admitted, his eyes drifting away from her in a sign of panic. "A-And he likes me back, apparently. A lot. I-I know it's not meant to be logically, but... I-I dunno, I guess I'm just glad? He... He's nice to me, after all, unlike Benji."

"You like him in return?" She suddenly stopped, turning on her heel to face him directly - as worried as she was for Cobie, she was distracted immediately by her son's words, her concern vanishing into slight irritation. "...I can't believe this-- humans will kill us if they ever find out, do you realise that? I told you to stay away from befriending them, and the fact you've... disrespected that upsets me."​

"I-I'm sorry, it just... I-It just happened. I didn't mean for it t-to play out as it did, but I didn't want to be rude! U-Um.. He stammered, and continued to move forward. "I can't help but liking him, but... I know it's not good and I know it's dangerous."

"So you're going to stop the contact. I understand you've... practically been raised in a human environment, but trust me, baby. It can't end up good. I'm being harsh, I understand, b-but... it's for the best," she smiled softly, reaching to take his hand in her own with her usually motherly air, pecking his cheek with all the fondness in the world. "I know you may want friends, but you have your family, hm?"​

"B-But I don't really feel like I fit in with everyone," He admitted, gripping her hand tight through his mitten. "I mean, everyone but Cobie is so angry and bitter about living here, and even though they hate it, everyone loves them so much. Even the prince thinks that our family is amazing and respected, but all of you guys just badmouth it! I-I hate it, mom. I hate that we can't be happy for what we have, and try to blend in. Y-Yeah, it would be better to be in our old home apparently, because everything was just AMAZING there, according to everyone, but... T-That's not the case. Our home is here, for now." He explained, though pursed his lips and adjusted his scarf.

"Don't try to fall under that illusion, Folie. The humans aren't... people to get chummy with, why don't you understand that I and your older siblings know best?" She grimaced, her tone marred with clear upset and disappointment. "I understand you want to blend in, of course I do. You're a young boy, you need some stability and normality, but... but I'm clinging onto the hope we can go home by the end of the year, okay? We should be able to-- I'm happy to go back to your father provided he's changed, and... I'm sure he has..."​

"How are you so sure?" He questioned, subtly defiant as hestarwd at the snow at this feet. "You... You need to think of worst case scenario, and... That means staying here, or moving to another kingdom where we'll be treated even worse than we are treated here. I-I... Maybe it's because I love Jakob, but what would you do if I told him about me and he accepted me for it?"

Status
Not open for further replies.