The Fine Line Between Love and Hate (w/ Blooming B

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'd happily swap my life with yours. I was sheltered most my life, and even though, I'm an adult, yet my father sees fit to try and control my life. I don't want to be controlled, you know? He doesn't want me to make friends, or act like a commoner. I do, however. I want to... be sociable, enjoy life, and not be stuck away in the castle-- honestly, my life isn't glamorous. The only time it can be is when I visit other kingdoms and the like," he admitted, deciding that was the only time he was offered the chance to act like a Prince - other than that, his behaviour around Saewen didn't dictate princeliness.​

"I... I really don't think you'd want my life, Jakob. It's not very stable or easy, aha.. ." He whispered, stirring his spoon as he locked his eyes on the cup. "It's actually quite stressful for us, but... we manage, I guess. Being a prince would work perfectly for me, then- not having to interact with people often, having a large space..."

Smiling at the sense of familiarity that came with the use of his name rather than 'sire', he leant forward suddenly to adjust the other's scarf for him, like a big brother to a sibling. He wouldn't admit to it, but the other was cute, and while he tended to refuse dating in fear of hurting a person when time came for him to enter a marriage forcefully, he couldn't help but find people cute. Boys, specifically, much to his father's annoyance-- well, to his future annoyance. Jakob made sure not to disclose that to him. "...I'd love your life, honestly. I suppose we could easily swap lives and be happy with it..."​

Forcing back the urge to stammer, and holdinf the table's edge to steady himself, he lightly burst into nervous laughter just from the other's hand being close to him. "Y-Yeah! It would b-be nice, but... I like my brother being MY brother, so..."

"I wasn't genuinely suggesting it, silly," he chuckled, that innocence being rather appealing in truth, his cheeks having slightly turned rosy in response. He didn't want them to, feeling slightly childish for his adoration for the smaller boy, but a crush was a crush, and he couldn't help that. He had lived his life mostly sheltered away, so his emotions, when he felt them, showed strongly through, not being able to really hold back and lie like some others could.​

"M-Me neither! Um..." He whispered, his hands now fiddling with the tea cup as he locked his eyes on the porcelain. Only when he thought the other was no longer staring did he glance up, though they immediately shot down again when their eyes met. His entire face was now a deep red in embarrassment.

Once eye contact was made, the human did slightly grin in delight at the other's blush, taking that as perhaps an indication of his own like of Jakob-- hopefully, at least, because the human was starting to seriously like the boy.How couldn't he? He hadn't spent time like this with many people aside from friends, and subsequently, he did start to understand just how much the wyvern suited his type. "...So, want me to walk you home? I don't want you going flying like your brother did on the ice-- is his arm okay now?"​

"Y-Yeah, it's better..." He whispered, nibbling his cheek- who knew his twin's notorious habit might start with him too. "I'm r-really well trained with medical care. I p-pretty much make sure my family doesn't break stuff all the time... walk me home...?" He blinked, eyes now up, expressing pretty deep conflict. He could insist he needed help and spend more time with his crush, but he didn't want his mother seeing them together! It was bad enough that he hadn't walked straight home...

"Come on," he chuckled, taking the pause as simple shyness, rather than deliberation over the consequences. He didn't really realise -obviously- the repercussions that would occur if the other was seen with Jakob by his family, and ultimately opted to do the decent thing and take his arm gently to walk him to his house. "You don't need to be, like, intimidated by me? Most people are-- don't think of me as a Prince. Just see me as your friend, okay?-- you're far too cute, aren't you~?"​

Bursting into nervous stammers and weak insisting to NOT lead him home, it came off more as bashfulness rather than horror of what might happen. "Jakob, it's r-really alright! Y-You don't need to do this! I-If my family sees..."

"If your family sees, I will gladly explain to each and every one of them the events of the day that have led me to both befriend you and admire you greatly as a person," he smiled brightly, looping their arms together to bring them closer, mostly for warmth, and for his own selfish reasons. He was still gauging just how much he liked him - if it was great, he would act on his feelings despite the looming pressure of searching for a wife. "Come on, I've heard great things about your family. They're very well liked here."​

"... They... Are?" He blinked, brow knit. Letting out a soft gasp once being tugged, he had to look away from passing out once again- seeing him was enough to make him lose consciousness, and being this close? It was starting to get to that level where he didn't feel all too well. The worst thing to do right now would be to get sick in front of the guy he had a crush on! "Y-You're not kidding, are you? M-MY family?! They... They don't even interact with people very often! Aha..."

"From what I've heard, everyone finds them respectful, dutiful and kind, so whether they interact or not, they are well-liked, and trust me, I engage with a lot of people. I've heard little to no negative reviews," he smiled politely, suddenly twisting his arm out the hold to take him by the hand instead. He noticed the other's blushes, it was hard not to, and immediately found his own gracing his cheeks.

Okay, so it was official that he was attracted to him enough to risk upsetting his father, and he wasn't really afraid of making a statement against his marriage if it meant he could be happy with someone he wanted to be with, rather than forcing happiness with someone he had to be with. There was a huge difference.

"So, what... what is your preference?" He suddenly inquired, realising it could be rude to bluntly ask. He was brought up to be respectful, obviously, having had lessons specifically aimed towards that, and hell, he hardly wanted to upset his new friend. "Sexually, I mean. I'm happy to admit I'm bisexual. Much to my parents' annoyance, of course, but they have to deal with it."​

"I... What? My- My preference...?" He sputtered, staring up at the prince in absolute horror. "I-I-I... I mean, I-I've only ever liked one person, aha... a-and they're a guy, s-so...? I don't really know what that means! U-Um... I guess gay? But..."

In his flustered panic, he had already moved to hide his face, absolutely embarrassed to the point of wanting to just blow up then and there- anything would be better than looking like an absolute dweeb in front of his crush

"Who do you like?" He suddenly asked, his composure remaining, though inside he did feel like just giving up the pursuit in fear he was becoming rude. He had gone from asking subtly to just blurting out his questions, but that couldn't be helped - it was happing automatically, without being able to truly take in just what words were leaving him. "Sorry, ah... look. I'm not quite sure why I'm being so rude, you obviously don't have to answer me."​

"W-Well, they're in really high power..." He explained, trying as hard as he could to be subtle... Though that failed when his eyes immediately darted towards Jakob. "And I've had a pretty d-deep crush on him for awhile, but... My mother would never let me be with him. It's just... Not allowed, aha... D-Don't worry, okay?"

Okay, so that was pretty much a confession, albeit a veiled one possibly out of bashfulness, though the comments of the other's mother did have him, surprisingly, smile. "Trust me, I have my own... issues, I suppose. I'm not exactly allowed to date either, especially if it would be a male. My father wants me to preserve myself for when I marry, but that doesn't seem... very ideal. It's not what normal people are made to do. They get to fall in love; it's not forced. I'd love to date you, quite honestly, but complications on both our sides could prevent that, I suppose..."​

"Hm...." He whispered, shyly biting his lip as they trudged through the snow. Once three houses away, he moved from the grip to stare up at the prince. "I-I mean, I'd love to date you Jakob... B-But my brother and I made a pact not to date our crushes. Our mother insists we don't, after all... A-And she's the head of the household."

"Understandable," he nodded politely, biting hard on his lip in an inner attempt to keep back from anymore 'uncouth' blurting, but albeit failing, turning to face him properly with a determined frown. "I haven't dated before, and I'd quite like to give it a go with you. As fast as it is, I... I like you, so I'm quite willing to ignore my father and the rules of the kingdom to try this out. I understand the point you make, but... I'm risking everything on my side..."​

"... I... um..." He stammered, rubbing his arm nervously as he fiddled his scarf with the other free hand. "I r-really think I'll need to discuss it with my brother. T-This is sort of coming all to fast, aha! S-So... Can I have a day to think about it? I can tell you about it as soon as tomorrow! Um... I really like you too, uh, I have for awhile! But... mm... There's just, really dangerous consequences on my side."

Status
Not open for further replies.