The Fine Line Between Love and Hate (w/ Blooming B

Status
Not open for further replies.
As happy as he wanted his twin to be, he couldn't really hold back the delight he received from the statement, smiling accordingly as he tucked his knees up and cuddled just as much into him as the other did. "Good, b-because I... don't think it would be fair, to be honest. Plus Mom... you may not agree, but she knows what she's talking about, a-and when we go home -because we will get to go home-, we can date some really awesome guys, like soldiers, or something, okay?"​

His feigned smile dropped at that as he nestled closer. "We won't go home, Cobie. At least, n-not for a very, VERY long time. A-And... And besides, I just... I don't think I'd fit with other wyverns, I guess, so I doubt that would happen for me if we were to, hypothetically, return home. Just... Like I said. If you guys leave, I think I want to stay. I won't fit in."

"I refuse to believe that. A-And, if you are serious, I-I refuse to let you stay here," he rolled his eyes quietly, tugging his knees to his chest suddenly with eyes focused away from him, fearing he would just get angry if he glanced towards him, given the current conversation topic. "You're my twin, and twins s-should stay together, right...?"​

"Yeah, but... I really just, I don't fit in there. I don't have any physical or social qualities that wyverns need, so I'm practically human in that sense. Plus, I've controlled my urges pretty well. Look at me, Cobie, they'd probably tear me to shreds."

"You think they'd tear you apart? They'd do the same with me, but we're Princes, so they wouldn't-- I just think you're easily able to discard the family, and that's horrible, Folie. Families stick together. I would never abandon you, or any of the others. The fact you're easily able to do so is... it m-makes me upset," he grimaced, biting hard on his bottom lip to hide the sudden quivering - he was sensitive, but he hated to be seen crying, so it was hard to always have to try and hide it.​

"I don't want to abandon you, or any of the others, it's just... It seems like it would be easier for you guys to just go without me." He admitted quietly, covering more of his face with his large scarf. "You and everyone else fit in with the humans, and wyverns I imagine, and I'd just be sort of dragged along. I don't want to "abandon" you, I'd just rather choose to be left behind before you leave me here instead, ah... I-It's whatever, I guess. I don't really want to talk about it." He whispered, as he began to draw random squiggles in the snow on the bench.

"You can be so melodramatic," he cursed under his breath, the mood between them having pretty much soured since the meeting with Jakob. After that, it had been tense, with Cobie's fury in particular bubbling under the surface, ready to be provoked so he could explode again, which he really didn't want to do. He wasn't an angry person, and being angry really did take it out of him. "J-Just shut up, for once. You're whiny, a-and... and I don't like your stupid reasoning..."​

"...Sorry..." He replied, avoiding the other's eyes as he pursed his lips in a fine line. Deciding to not say anything more, assuming it would cause his brother to only yell once again (which he knew wasn't something Cobie liked). Instead, he shimmied off the bench and dusted off the snow from his bum. "Want to go home, then?"

"You can go home. I... I'm going to walk around for a bit," he declared tiredly, offering a smile despite the tension, and got off the bench himself with a heavy groan. "I might go to the library, collect some books to read. I just... need some space away from you, for a little while-- nothing you've done. It's just a clash of opinions, and we normally agree on everything, so... it's an odd thing to have to come to terms with when we disagree."​

"Do you promise to be safe? You know I don't like to leave you alone for t-too long, and I don't want Benji to hurt you because of me.... Please, just, be careful while you're out, okay? L-Like, if you're not home for dinner than I'll call the cops." He stammered nervously, far more focused on his brother's safety than anything- especially since he had his powers to heal, he'd feel awful if something bad happened and he wasn't to help.

"Benji is at school, and I'll be home before then-- though I doubt you'd call the cops~" He grinned, a sudden giggle escaping him at the thought of having a fuss like that made about him, though he didn't plan on letting it come true. He was adamant he'd return in time - it was just a little strange to not have his brother at his side was all, but he did just ant time to himself right now. "It'll be fine-- go and explain everything to Mom, okay?"​

"Okay, yeah." He nodded, giving his hand a squeeze before regrouping his things to bundle up and shuffle out of the park to both give his brother the space he wanted and to get home to his mother, so she'd hopefully focus her energy on wanting to keep Cobie safe instead of being mad at him and the twin. Of course, as he hurried down the street, he hoped to get at least one more glimpse of the prince- he knew it could never work, but seeing him and telling him why (with a bit of lying added in) he couldn't see him would make him feel better.

And expectantly, given his love of being around the town and not entirely acting like some pompous, shut-away Prince as his father would prefer, the Prince was currently lounging outside the cafe in the town whilst waiting for a friend. Again, far from his father had desired, the handsome man had befriended normal villagers, rather than Earls or important soldiers - it was just another reason why he was the people's Prince, not some mindless royal drone. Pushing his hair tiredly from his face, he did grimace only slightly at a bruise forming along his eyebrow, a result of his boxing hobby.​

When he saw no one, the cold wyvern shoved his hands in his pockets and decided to simply give up on the search. He just wanted to relax and take a nap, the day having been way too overstimulating for him at this point. Stopping every now and then to push snow off his face, he mulled over his brother's words with a frown

"Oh, hello!" He immediately called out once spotting the boy shuffling along, though grimaced soon after he had spoke. Not a reflection on spotting Folie, but mostly to do with how he had spoken. He did often dislike his well-to-do accent, fearing people may repeal him as a man of the people if he was seen to be posh-- though he was a Prince, so poshness did somewhat come with the role.

"I thought you'd gone back to school?" He asked with an arched brow, amusement crossing his handsome features all the same. "Don't worry, I'm not going to inform anyone you're skipping~"​

His cheeks had already been pink from the cold, but now? They were matching the red gloves he wore perfectly. Trying not to look like a fool again, he replied with a quiet nod and a shy smile. "H-Hm... well, things... happened, and n-now my brother is off doing something and I'm heading home, aha..."

"Would you like to come sit down for a little bit? i'm not... pretentious. I like to think I'm a normal sort of guy, just your average Joe," he smiled, immediately pulling out a chair for him and waving over a maid to fetch another cup of tea, albeit with a wide smile and a few notes as a tip for her, not too bothered that he had given far too much. "School must be a pain. I never did get to go, but I never envied anyone that did, to be honest. It seems far too... busy, even if it isn't very populated and crowded. What subjects do you study?"​

"W-Well, I study the generics... Y-You know, math, science, english, and history... but I really like to read and write. I was a part of the poetry club for a bit, but... that sort of fell through the cracks. I tried creative writing too. Same thing happened..."

"What happened? If you liked it, you should have stuck with it-- no matter what," he murmured, setting the tea in front of him, those blue eyes, despite holding an inner fire to them, currently settled on the other's face with nothing but kindness beheld within them. "Like my boxing. Father obviously hates it, sees it as awfully common, but I enjoy it, and I fully intend on doing it. When I'm King, I'll continue to be as I am. I'm approachable, aren't I? You wouldn't catch my father sitting out here like this, and that disgusts me-- anyway, I want to know about you. I'm boring. You have a large family, don't you? I've... seen you around. It's hard not to notice you and your brother. You're both very cute, aren't you? I bet you've both got partners?"​

"Y-Yeah, it's pretty big I guess..." He replied, sipping his tea shyly as he peered out into the snow. "B-But... But it's my family, and I guess I like it being big. It's easier to blend in with them, I guess. But... hm... Why do you want to know more about me? I'm not very interesting myself, ah... I mean, you're a prince! You've probably seen amazing things..."

Status
Not open for further replies.