The Fine Line Between Love and Hate (w/ Blooming B

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You love him?" She shrieked, not exactly having expected the declaration from her son, finally realising just how serious his opinions were concerning both the Prince and life in Saewen. "...We'll be leaving for our home by the end of the month, is that u-understood? I'm not having you fall under this illusion, Folie! He might accept it, yes, but the kingdom won't. They'll have your head, and then you and the human will be targeted-- it's what happens, so either you listen to me and live here, or we leave by the month's up."​

"Where would he go?" He countered, slowing his pace. "Mom, there's nowhere else we can go... A-And I'm not bad at keeping this secret, mom. No one knows, and people wouldn't suspect us even less if we interacted with others. And... A-And doesn't who I love matter?"

"No. It doesn't matter, because you can't love some filthy human. I won't allow for it. This is just you... rebelling against me, and I won't accept it. You'll only love someone of your own kind, Folie. It's safer," she sighed, realising the hypocrisy of her words. Loving someone of their own kind was 'safer', yet her husband had physically beat up Folie and Cobie, and treated his wife like shit, so it was hardly the best example to back up her statements.​

Folie wasn't dumb. He knew the horribleness of his father, and despite this, his mother still insisted that the man could change. Naturally, he was going to confront her.

"Safe?" He questioned, eyeing her. "Isn't that the whole point in leaving our kind? So we could be safe? You act as if w-we could go back, but... B-But from what I remember, and what everyone has said, He's not a very nice person. The people here have never b... beaten us, or done anything wrong."

"Folie, i'm not arguing with you any further. No dating, and no friends. We will go back soon, and the fact you want to pursue something with that pompous royal is beyond me. You will stay far from him, and your brother will stay away from that Benji figure too--"

As soon as she had said that, however, turning into the park to take a shortcut to the local library in the quaint village, she clapped eyed on her son huddled up on the bench in all his bundles of extra layers and scarf and whatnot, in the company of a physically leaner teen with flaxen hair and corn blue eyes - Benji. Having been kicked out of class for swearing, he had made his way home, only to see Cobie, and whilst originally proceeding to pin him against a tree, it had somewhat spiralled into them talking things out maturely. With Benji away from his friends, and not having to force looking macho in front of them, he was far more understanding and willing to talk things through with the young wyvern.

Yet, when Florentina spotted them, they had been engaging in a rather spur of the moment testing kiss, with Cobie pushed close into his bully's embrace, as Benji, despite having first been hesitant in kissing him, happily pushed in for something a little more daring. Until being tugged away by the hair by a clearly furious Florentina. "Cobie," she hissed, her eyes darkened in colour as her son wearily bit his lip. "Go to your brother. We'll talk when we get home."

Shuffling through the snow awkwardly with a fleeting smile to Benji, who shoved the hands of his mother aside to trudge in the opposite direction home to the farm, Cobie awkwardly took the hand of his twin, his cheeks currently rosy and pink. "...Hi."​

"... Hey..." Replied Folie softly, offering a halfhearted smile as he tightened his grip. "Did you go to the library? B-Before kissing Benji's face off, that is...? Hn... I-I was think about you and I just spending some time together instead of seeing other people..." Of course, he only really said that so his mother could hear, eyeing back to her occasionally. "We can go to the library tomorrow if you'd like."

"I... I didn't get a chance, no. But I'll come tomorrow with you, of course. Unless I'm grounded. I think I'll be grounded, Folie," he whispered slowly, watching his mother yell insults after Benji, who resorted back to insulting both her and Folie-- though not Cobie, who he really couldn't face insulting after what they had done. "I... I got carried away, a-and look, I've basically insulted our kind, haven't I? I... didn't mean it... he was being so nice and... I-I wanna cry, ugh..."​

"... Don't cry, please?" He , whispered in return, wiping the one tear away with his mitten. "We can talk about it when we get home, we're probably BOTH grounded, aha... Which means we'll have plenty of time to talk and really think about what we've done."

"What could you have possibly d-done? I kissed a human, Folie! M-Mom... I've upset her and everyone, a-and... ugh, I disgraced the species, it's serious," he grimaced, immediately shrinking under his mother's glare as she beckoned the two to follow her home. "...I don't r-regret it that much, though. I should, shouldn't I? But h-he was so sweet to me, and... he said he's always thought I was cute!"​

"Let's talk about it when we get home, "He sternly murmured, nudging him before whispering, "I need to talk to you about this, too. Jakob wants to date me..." He explained into the other's ear. He then cleared his throat and spoke, "I'm disappointed in you." Loud enough for their mother to hear, though offered quick head shake to prove otherwise to his brother.

Despite the fact he had just made out with the boy he had lusted over since he was twelve (he hadn't admitted to how long he had actually liked Benji, but it was four years), Cobie couldn't help a twinge of jealous. Why was it that he held the affections of some bully, while his brother had the attention from the Prince? The kindest person in the kingdom, and probably among the most handsome too.

And hell, what if he became King and genuinely fell for Folie? He could easily have Folie at his side, as ruler, and where would that leave Cobie? The twin grimaced at that, starting to seriously envy his brother's situation, even if that also mean not treasuring the affection and adoration Benji had given him. "...I don't want to talk about it," he finally sighed, dropping his hand with unintentional coldness. "Aha... I'm too tired, Folie."​

"But... It's important!" He insisted, his hands shyly moving to take Cobie's hand once again. "I... I'm sorry if you're mad at me, but I don't like to be away from you. You're my big brother, I hate when you're so... distant..."

"Sorry if I-I'm distant, but the thought of you ad your precious little Prince running off into the sunset while I'm stuck with s-some idiot bully... it doesn't make me happy," he sighed heavily, snatching his hand away and trailing after his mother with a distinct frown. "Sorry. It's just... why can't he like me? Why's it always you? I want a Prince to like me."​

"... We can't choose who we like, and who likes us back. That's what I've been trying to tell you! W-We can't force ourselves to like our kind, and they can't like us if they don't want to... B-But... I don't know if I'll even be able to date him anyway.'

"You can't date him," he finally sniffled, wiping his eyes shakily. He didn't like having to be so blunt, because it was spurred by jealousy... but he also didn't want to see his brother to be dating some Prince. It didn't seem fair, really. "H-He's a Prince. You're just a-a boring commoner in this land, like I am... He can't fancy you..."​

"... But he does..." He replied, with a frown. "I don't like this you. I don't like it when you tell me I can't do things, Cobie. I-I know you're older, but it's really not fair that you act like you're in control of me. I-If... If Benji was a prince, I'd let you date him. Yeah, I'd be mad... But that's only because he's a jerk to me."

"A-And Jakob is sickeningly patronising," he muttered under his breath, admittedly a long shot but the only one he had to try and diffuse the perfect image of Jakob the other seemed to have-- though why wouldn't he? The man was practically perfect, especially when compared to the bullying antics of his own crush. "I'm jealous. I want to be with a Prince, and if the roles w-were reversed, I wouldn't date Jakob if you felt like this."​

"... I'm sorry." Sighed the other. "I mean... Talk to him, if y-you're interested. If he likes you more, than fine. I want you to be happy, after all..."

"I don't think either of us should date. Like Mom says, it's not right, and... and her finding out what we've been up to is what we need to get it together, isn't it?" He said softly, reaching to take his hand again tightly with a sudden smile - his frosty mood had disappeared for the moment, anyway. "Jakob won't like me, aha. I'm not that lucky. I only get bullies liking me~"​

"You never know!" He insisted, though frowned when they approached the house. He wasted no time in staying around and waiting to be yelled at, he instead tugged off his shoes and headed straight up to the bedroom. He hated when his mother was mad, it was terrifying...

Status
Not open for further replies.