The Fine Line Between Love and Hate (w/ Blooming B

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Expectantly, just as Cobie followed his brother and darted upstairs in desperation to escape a telling off, he was immediately beckoned back down and, ignoring his older siblings easily, stood with a tearful grimace as his mother began to rant on about how 'disgraceful' it was, and how he was 'letting everyone down'. It was only when she mentioned the fact that he was risking them all being killed if he continued with his adoration that he finally broke, hurrying upstairs to hide his tears, and flopped on the bed with a small groan. "...I h-hate this, Folie."​

He moved to sit on his twin's bed and wrapped his arms around him, holding him close with his own frown. This was something the two often did, when one was upset, so it wasn't too strange. "I know, I-I'm sorry... Do you want to talk about it? We don't have to, we can just lay here if you want... Um, I'm sorry I got you in trouble."

"She said... sh-she said that if I share another word with him, then she'd... she'd move us to a new human kingdom," he wheezed, the thought that he could mess this all up making him break into more anxious tears, curling into his twin instinctively, as they always had done since children. "I know I wanna go home, b-but this kingdom is home until then! P-Plus you and Jakob-- I know I-I said bad things, but I want you happy, a-and i can't f-fuck that up for you!"​

"S-She's just exaggerating..." he murmured, jis fingers running through his brother's hairvto soothe his crying. "She'd say anything to scare us and be away from those we love. T-That's her plan, I swear!"

"Why is Mom so... cruel sometimes?" He pondered aloud, the words rather striking. He had always been his mother's biggest defender, having even shouted at his own brother if he dared question her, and now, at her response against his happiness, he was starting to see just how mean she was. Sure, it was out of protectiveness, but that didn't mean it was right. "I... don't know, aha... I understand why she doesn't want us dating humans... and Benji is hardly the poster boy for goodness, but Jakob... he's a delightful person..."​

"She's just mental. She's so determined to go back home, like I said, that she doesn't take in consideration the possibility that we'll never be able to go back. Well, that ideology has just made everyone lazy. We need to get involved, you know?"

"...I want to go home, but... if there's a possibility we can't, then I think we ought to have the right to be happy. Is... that okay?" He murmured, keeping his voice low to prevent any of the six siblings currently at home from overhearing-- or worse, their mother. "I think I'd like the opportunity to... be happy with Benji... ugh, it's so horrible, isn't it? Mom won't let us be happy."​

"She only wants herself to be happy. S-She's... She's so controlling, Cobie... Don't tell her I said that, okay?" He whispered, eyes wide in horror of what might happen if their mother found out. "She just wants to be happy again, a-and... I get that, but she needs to realize you and I aren't children anymore."

"She is still our mother," he murmured under his breath as he easily began to grow uncomfortable with the open insulting of their mother. She was still the woman who had sacrificed her life as a Queen to leave the country just for the twins, after all. She could have opted to stay with her husband, believe he could change, but she had reacted strongly and left with the children the moment the attack and abuse had taken place. For that, Cobie had to defend her somewhat, even if what his twin said was true in every aspect. "I dunno... I'm g-gonna see Benji tonight, regardless. He... he said I can come to his farm, because there are lambs that he's helping raise and... you know I love animals, aha..."​

"Do you want me to come?" He instantly whispered, and offered him a soft smile. "I don't want him to fuck with you, Cobie. Or hurt you. If he loves you and takes care of you, I won't mind what he says about me..."

"You only want to come to see the lambs," he smiled playfully, wrapping his arms around himself as he eagerly nodded in response-- until realising a very probable prospect. "What if he wants to kiss again? What will you do then?"​

"... I do want to see them..." He admitted quietly, a growing smile on his face aswell. "If he tries, tell him you don't. If he doesn't listen, I'll steal his lamb. Simple. I want to steal it anyway..."/

"Oi, you will not be taking any lambs-- and i-if I want to kiss him, I will," he stated, playfully defiant as he moved to arrange the cuddly toys on the bed, all of which were mostly his, having collected them over the years. "...Now he actually likes me, I wanna do couple stuff, even if it's risky. I... never have done anything risky, neither of us have..."​

"I wanted to, but you said I couldn't..." He reminded, tugging one of the plush close to his chest. "... And I think I deserve a pet, I knos how to hide stuff... I've never told you about my hoard, did I?"

"What hoard?" He blinked, moving to hug a few of the toys from his only area of hoarding. Eyes fixed on his twin curiously, he did nudge closer in case it wasn't something anyone else know, or needed to know. "What do you hoard, then?"​

"Cats," He replked, eyes wide in pure joy of the idea of all the cats comfortably relaxing in the cave he claimed as his own. "Sometimes, at night, I go and look for them. . And then fly them to the cave when everyone's asleep! I feed them and keep them warm, and it's okay if they run away..."

"Why... haven't you told me? You know I love cats," he grimaced, a genuinely upset frown appearing on his face as he somewhat repelled from his brother's side in feeling a sense of... well, abandonment from what did sound like fun. "W-Whatever-- as long as you have fun, that's cool! I... I have my teddies, which you've always been welcome to share..."​

"You can come see them!" He gasped, before moving to tug his brother back. "It can be OUR hoard, if you like... but you need to take care of them too, okay? Which means feeding them and petting them."

"No. No, it's your thing," he stubbornly pouted, being a lot like his mother. When upset, he tended to cut his nose off to spite his face, and refused all further attempts from a person just out of his own stubbornness, whether rightly or wrongly. "I... I can go to the farm. I'll be with the lambs, it's fine. I-I prefer lambs a-and foals over cats, anyway."​

"That's a lie," he laughed, before nestling his head in his brother's arm. "You like cats and you know it. I want to share with you, honestly, but you need to stop being so grumpy every now and then- I'd love to see the sheep if you'd let me."

Status
Not open for further replies.