The Fine Line Between Love and Hate (w/ Blooming B

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well, how would you feel if I had... sex...?" He offered, the simple word causing him to shiver. "I mean, I'm sure you'd be angry. Maybe I'll go over to the castle tonight and do it, huh? I mean... I'm sure you wouldn't be comfortable. It's not I can make you un-have sex with him. What happened, happened I guess."

"I-I won't be hated because I had sex, i-it's the most natural thing in the world, and when you do it with Jakob, you'll understand. J-Jeez Folie, are you really going to dislike me because I happen to be attractive to some people and they want to show that through kissing me?" He squeaked, his eyes darkening out of upset more than anger, the tears in them reiterating the sudden bout of sadness in him. "...Honestly, I... I won't be hated for this, it's mad!"​

"I don't hate you!" He reiterated desperately, his hands now nervously messing with the other the moment he saw the needle for the tattoo. "I don't hate you at all, I'm just sort of s-startled, I guess. I'm mad you didn't tell me, and I'm mad that you act as if I would be upset if you did."

"...I'm sorry, alright? I... didn't think you wanted to know about it, to be honest," he grumbled under his breath, his cheeks growing red the moment Cody reentered the room with the equipment and began to set it up, all while sketching together an image with his spare hand - he was a naturally good multitasker, evidently. "...Cody's brilliant at tattoos, Folie. You'll be fine. Maybe we can have pizza afterwards, a-and some beer? I... I might stay the night here, actually."

"You are? Wicked." Cody grinned, clearly delighted by the prospect of having Cobie stay the night with him, mostly because, whenever Cobie stayed, they didn't just sleep. They usually always did something romantic together. "What about you, Folie? Or am I too scary?"​

"You drink too?" Folie confirmed, trying his very hardest not to seem just as upset as he was at the moment. He had always seen his brother as a good rolemodel- someone who was clearly more put together than he was, someone who actually had a chance at something. Of course, those perceptions were diminishing far too quickly as he simply shrugged. '... I'll go home, I'll let you two have some space."

Noticing his brother's disappointment easily, Cobie immediately felt his cheeks tingle and eyes prickle with rare tears. He knew that, out of all his family, he was probably the one who was expected to achieve the most, and he knew his brother had always looked up to him - but what did it matter if he was having a beer, or having sex? He was still a straight-A student; he was still applying for college early and looking to skip the rest of high school to do so. He could handle both an academic and a social life, but to upset his brother? It hurt him too. "Don't... Don't get mad, really, I... It's just a beer, Folie! I'm not drinking loads, just one o-or two..."​

"I'm not mad." He replied quietly, and would relentlessly insist that his clenched fists were due to nervousness, not anger. "Do you, Cobie. I can't tell you what to do, I guess. Hell, you're amazing at school and can still go off and do stuff like this? I mean, it's better than I can do. So, y-yeah. Do you. But after this, I'm going home and sleeping."

"I don't want to think that I've disappointed you or whatever, I just... I'm seventeen almost, I... I think I'm entitled to have friends and do stuff like having a beer now and then, Folie. You still come first, though. It's always me and you, right? I-It's always gonna be me and you," he reassured as sternly as he could, ignoring Cody attempting to get his attention (no doubt, for some lecherous grin and passionate purr) and instead clutching his twin's hands tightly in his own. "I mean it. E-Even when you're dating Jakob and loved by the whole village a-and... and being the Prince's boyfriend or whatever..."​

"The whole village likes me? Y-You're mental, Cobie. The village doesn't even know who I am. I'm just some weird kid to a strange family. You're a brilliant, social, generally attractive guy who has a future. I will not stand here and hear you go on at how I have even the slightest of chances that you do."

"You'll be liked when you and Jakob rule the place, dummy. Assuming he doesn't fuck with your head and marry some aristocratic lady in a pretentious kingdom. You know, if he does that, I'm going to have a problem with him, right? He can't devote himself to you and then marry a gentleman's daughter because it's the 'rules of royalty' or whatever..." He seethed vocally, his hands clenching and unclenching to keep himself calm at his brother's words - sure, the compliments were nice, but the did seem misjudged and, in that instance, slightly insulting. He was social, granted, but he really didn't seem himself as 'brilliant', and he was sure that people outside his social group generally hated his guts.

Smiling awkwardly at Cody, he nudged his brother towards the other armchair, that at least perking his mood. "Cody's sketch is adorable, it'll suit you-- just grip my hand if it hurts, 'kay? It'll probably hurt, but... I've had loads, and if I can do it, so can you, hm?"​

Easily gripping his brother's hand once seeing the needle, he shot this Cody man a wary glance before squeezing his eyes shut. "S-Seriously, this better be okay if it's going to be on my body permanently. I don't want like, s-some masterpiece, but I want something at least okay." He insisted, all the while tapping his other hand against the counter. "I'll never forgive you, Cobie.'

"How about instead of blaming your brother who's supporting you, you blame me? Shit, you're not that nice, are you? You're really a bitch," Cody grunted under his breath, though made it blatantly obvious that his initial liking of Folie had faded, glaring quietly at him when he had a chance. "Don't forget I have the needle. If I want to fuck up your tattoo, I will, so respect me and respect your brother, and we'll be fine."

"Cody! D-Don't be an ass, he's just scared, that's all. It's pretty scary." Cobie snapped, offering his brother a relaxed smile, even in response to the rather hurtful statement Folie had murmured. He knew he probably only said it out of fear, but it didn't make it any less hurtful. "Just relax, Folie, honestly. If I have them on my neck where it really hurts, you can get a tiny one on your wrist."​

The threat immediately caused him to panic, as he tried to pull away his arm. "I-I dont think I want this anymore, this is a bad idea. I-It'll probably reject the ink anyway, a-and it'll be a waste and... and I think I'm going to be sick." He admitted, before shyly looking away from them both. "I'm going to go h-home."

"...Really? You know, you're really nervous lately-- look, I get it. Cody's terrifying, right? He scared the hell out of me when I first met him, I almost cried." Cobie grinned quietly, easing himself into the seat and offering his wrist to Cody - if his brother wasn't going to get it done, why waste good ink and Cody's time? He was totally up for a new tattoo, especially a cat one that he thought was utterly adorable. "...Can't you just stay for me? I-I mean, I... I'll make sure Cody's not gonna hurt you again, so... so relax? Please, for me? We can go do what you want after. We can see Jakob?"​

"I don't want to see Jakob." He admitted quietly, whilst tugging his knees to his chest. "He won't be there anyway, probably. He's probably off with his supposed future wife, a-and I'll just be hurried out because he's embarrassed by me.... Are you getting the same tattoo? You... You hate cats, Cobie. Like, absolutely despise them. But, d-do you, sorry."

"...I like it. I hate cats, they're awful. They make me sneeze, but it reminds me of you. Everytime I look at it, it'll remind me of my super cool twin brother, hm?" He smiled, wincing a tad when Cody started without no warning but, as a practical professional at dealing with the pain now, the wyvern easily got over it with a small shrug. "Yeah, well, like I said. If Jakob treats you like that, and if he finds a wife and disregards you... I won't be happy. I know you think I'm a total loser sometimes, because we both aren't exactly threatening, but... I don't want him messing with my twin brother. You'd defend me in that situation, so I think I owe it to you too."​

"No, it's fine." He reassured, wincing himself once hearing the buzzing. "If that's what he wants, that's okay. I mean, I'm a nobody, right? So if he sees more benefits in marrying some princess somewhere, I can't say no to that. I'll just, I dunno... I'll find someone else. You found someone else, right? So I'm sure I'll find someone who at least sort of likes me."

"Like I said, I... have a lot of friends, so... say the word if you wanna meet people? Not all of them are douches like Cody," the other twin teased, eyeing his new tattoo as it was being inked with a fond grin. He wasn't the biggest cat lover, as he had made obvious, but it did remind him of his brother and, even if he did think things between them were somewhat tense (even if he himself was fine with Folie and had no real problems), it didn't mean he stopped loving or caring about him. "...I dunno, the situation with Jakob is surreal. I think you should date normal, non-royal people but... it's your choice?"​

"I told you, Cobie. You seem to be able to get everyone, because you're cute and charming. It's a miracle that Jakob even has slight feelings." He insisted, before nervously peering down at his brother's wrist with a shiver. "How can you handle this? I heard getting a tattoo on the wrist feels like getting a shot.'

"...Because I'm super tough and hard underneath this wimpish exterior, duh," he teased lightly, forcing himself not to move, instead staying rigid and practically frozen, just in fear something would go wrong if he dared move an inch. "...I'm used to it, to be honest. And that shot of alcohol I had helps-- just beer, nothing bad. You get used to it, y'know? The one on my neck hurt like hell, but it looks awesome, so it's worth it. It's a wonder nobody at school has noticed. Probably because they think we're invisible, I guess-- you should have had it done, Folie. You still could! We'd have matching tattoos, that's... that's super cute, right? We are twins, practically identical."​

Status
Not open for further replies.