The Fine Line Between Love and Hate (w/ Blooming B

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Fine, fine." He reassured, adjusting his winter clothes before trudging into the cold reluctantly. "I just think you two should really talk, you know? In a polite setting. I don't think talking in public is a good idea, in all honesty. You have a tendency to panic with that sort of thing, Cobie."

"Why would I talk to him?" He grimaced stubbornly, scratching at his hand as a form of distraction... mostly because guilt marred his face before he could wipe it off. "He hates me, you ought to realise that-- I sort of cheated, I guess. I don't see why I need to work something out when we're over, you know? I'm happy not dating him; he doesn't want to date a 'cheater'. Sorted."​

"I- okay. I won't say anything, hm? I just want both of you happy. Maybe not together, b-but... Yeah. " He whispered, before shruggi,ng anx tivhteninf his scarf

"I don't even see why you have to like him," he continued, having a tendency to drag things on when he was upset, as was currently demonstrated with his inability to just let go and move on. Clutching his brother tightly when entering the cold winter wind that had picked up alongside the heavy snowfall, it only really aided the deterioration in his mood. "Honestly, Benji's a total asshole, a-and you liking him as a friend... I sort of hate that, b-but whatever, you're entitled to your wrong opinion, I-I guess-- now let's go get you that tattoo? It'd look super cute on your wrist, I think, 'cause you could hide it from Mom then."​

Happy to change the subject, Folie offered a shy smile as he pressed into his brother's side. "... Will it hurt? I don't want it to hurt too bad- plus, it'll suck if it heals before I even get it. Oo... What should I get? S-Should I get some long word or something? O-Or a bee? Oh, or a cat? You know I love my cats..."

"Get a cat, definitely-- it'll hurt like hell, but it'll look super cool, so it's worth the pain, isn't it?" He gushed quickly, happy to leave the other subject behind and go diving into the quickening possibility that his brother would, like him, be rebelling a tad by getting a tattoo done. Cobie after all did have a few tattoos of his own, all hidden but present nonetheless, and he fully intended on getting another when arriving at his friend's home. "Oh, you'd look adorable with a tattoo. What would Jakob think? I mean, he's a Prince, would he like tattoos o-or...? I bet he hates my look, huh?"​

"He hasn't said a single bad word about you in the time that I've talked to him." He reassured, before offering a nervous grin. "Seriously, I don't think he really cares about style. H-Hopefully he likes personality more- because if it was based on looks, he'd have no reason to date me. A-Anywho! You know more about this tattoo thing than I do, so I'm trusting you. Maybe I should get a few? Be cool and stuff, like you?"

"Oh gosh, don't get more than one today! You're new to it, and I know what you're like.You cry if you get a papercut. This is way more painful," he responded, knowing the importance of honesty. If he filled his brother's head with reassurances, he would just go in unprepared and feel the pain more, than if he was mentally prepared and anticipating it.

Rapping his knuckles on a colourfully -and haphazardly- painted door of a quaint house in the village, with a garden covered with flowers (beneath the dusting of snow, anyway), Cobie did grin the second his friend tugged it open, a completely antithetical figure to his cosy and picturesque home. The tall teen was probably as expected: his arms were covered with tattoos, that presumably trailed across his chest as his neck had been encroached by colour too, and like Cobie, he had a few piercings of his own on display. Tugging up the sleeves of his chequered shirt up further, the blonde and rough looking teenager did share the grin, beckoning in Cobie eagerly with a rather too friendly kiss on the lips. One that Cobie didn't really reject, though.

"Is this your twin brother?" He drawled deeply, his eyes trailing to Folie and smirking wide in reply. "He's so plain. It ain't a bad thing, god. Just... I thought you'd be, y'know, like Cobie, but hey! Whatever, c'mon in. Any family of Cobie's is a mate of mine~"​

"I'm not plain." Folie muttered under his breath, before wandering in cautiously. It was rude, he knew that, to be uncomfortable around people in the alt scene. Hell, almost all of his brothers and sisters had SOME form of piercing, or crazy hair. He was the one who looked the most boring, but at least he had a reason?

"...He's just never had the chance to be a little adventurous, is all. Quit teasing, would you?" Cobie quickly defended, tugging his brother into the main living room where, thankfully, none of Cody and Cobie's friends were. Cobie did want to introduce his social group to his twin, but he did think that it was best doing that on a person-by-person basis. All his friends were loud and 'in your face', so frightening his brother was a possibility he liked to avoid.

"He wants a tattoo," he declared as he flopped onto the couch, clearing a pizza box away with a critical but playful glare at his friend. "I'll pay for it, if need be..."

"You don't need to pay, hon, relax." Cody yawned, cracking his knuckles as he cast a glance down again at Folie. "What do you want? Let me guess. A cute little dolphin, or a generic infinity sign?"​

"... A dolphin?" He whispered to his brother, the simple idea of someone having the aquatic creature permanently on your body being absolutely absurd to him. "No. Do people get those a lot? Cobie, do you have a dolphin tattoo? Why? You don't even like dolphins! That's... Super silly. No, I'd like a cat, actually."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: potassiumboron
"Oh, because a cat is much better than a dolphin, eh?" The tough boy laughed, flopping besides Cobie and making a very unsubtle advancement on him. Cody wasn't a complicated character at all. Unlike Benji, who was rather soft underneath his brutish facade, Cody was simple in his wants and needs, and if he wanted to makeout with someone? He would just do it, as displayed currently by his wrapped arms around the dainty wyvern, and leaning in to attempt to kiss his neck. All of which would have been accepted by Cobie, if it wasn't for his brother's presence, nervously laughing off Cody's advances and shuffling out of his arms.

"A-Ahem, no, no, I don't have a dolphin. I... I have a snake? On my neck, see?" The nervous boy laughed, tugging at his t-shirt to show off his most recent addition to his body, if only to avoid any comment on his murky friendship with Cody. "...Most of my tattoos are random, though..."​

Physically cringing at the unsubtle sexual energy, Folie desperately looked away until his attention was brought back to the tattoo. "When the heck did you get that?! W-When do you get ANY of these? I mean... It doesn't matter, I guess. I just, never noticed it until now? Look, can we just get mine done? I need to get home- we need to get home. Pronto."

"...Over the last month or so? Don't judge, gosh. I like it," he declared bravely, usually folding under such shock, though, feeling so passionately about his look, he was happy to defend it with this passion. Ignoring the unsubtle purrs from his friend, he did blush heavily and cover his cheeks with a groan, both of embarrassment and because it did hurt not to react to the flirtation. Usually, he would have happily flirted right back with him and, if Folie hadn't been there, it was likely that he would be having sex with Cody at the moment.

"Right, tattoo, yeah?" Cody huffed, thankfully bringing his attention back to the matter at hand, as he moved to set up the equipment. "I'll get a stencil drawn out for you. You want a cat, right? How big d'ya want it?"​

"C... Cobie said the size of my wrist would look cute." He replied, though it was obvious he was beyond uncomfortable now. Not only did he feel uncomfortable by the fact that his brother was nearly ready to openly make out in front of him, but the addition that him and Benji had broken up literally hours before both made him squirm. "So yeah, I guess? I don't think it'll work, but..."

"That'd be cute, totally-- wait here, I'll get a stencil drawn up for you," he promised, leaping to his feet and dashing out up the stairs where most his drawing supplies were. When he left, Cobie did awkwardly offer a smile and sip at the bottle of fizzy soda he had cracked open. Of course he felt just as embarrassed as his brother, because he had never really shown him this side of him before. He had always been this nerdy, shy sort of boy to his brother, only rebellious in the sense of his piercings and tattoos. He hadn't ever revealed how sexually active he was - Benji was just one of many, because monogamy and Cobie didn't go hand in hand, and Cody was just another of his friends he casually had sex with now and then.

"...Say something," he pleaded wearily, nibbling on his nails. "I-I mean, don't... don't just stand there with that judgemental frown..."​

"... So Benji was right, then? About you cheating?" He confirmed quietly, whilst his lip tugged into a frown. "What else haven't you told me? You get all of these tattoos, apparently have a very close relationship with this guy, and you didn't even tell me? I tell you everything, Cobie. That's sort of mean, isn't it? But, look. Fine. Do you, I can't control who you sleep with or whatever. I'm just a little shocked, I guess."

"W-Well, yeah, but Beni's a bully. He deserved it, if anything," he wearily defended, knowing he really couldn't excuse his behaviour, but with an inability to own up to anything, he would meekly attempt to defend himself even if it really wasn't right to. "I would have told you, b-but c'mon! You'd have hated me, wouldn't you? I... I'm just enjoying myself, it's not bad to. I'm seeing a few people, so what?! Cody likes me, and he knows it's casual. I... I won't be judged because I didn't tell you when I knew you'd hate me for it."​

"I don't hate you, I'm just disappointed." He admitted, before turning to peer down at his wrist warily. "I mean that. If you had told me, I would have been a bit angry, yeah, but I'd get over it. But instead you decided to just not tell me at all only for me to find out and immediately feel terrible. Like, what did I do for you to think it wasn't okay to tell me this sort of thing?"

"We were hardly talking! H-How could I tell you? B-Besides, it's embarrassing, y'know? Strolling up to you and admitting I've been having... sex," he awkwardly cringed, the word itself making him flush red and grow hot under the collar, downing the rest of the drink in a few gulps to relax himself. "...I'm sorry, alright? But you didn't really tell me about you and Jakob for a little while, s-so... whatever. I-I'll tell you everything you want to know, alright? I'll be open and transparent, however embarrassing."​

Status
Not open for further replies.