The Fine Line Between Love and Hate (w/ Blooming B

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I... Guess so, yeah. I thought about joining the book club once, before I sort of stopped going to school. I think the people there would be the nicest, but that's only a slight possibility. You've always been able to make friends, sort of. Like, you're just a generally nice person to talk to. I mean, the neighbors love you!" He gushed, somewhat proudly at the fact his brother was so successful in that sense. Wrapping his knitted scarf around almost the entirety of his face, excluding the eyes, he prepared to trudge through the snow.

"Probably because I help the neighbour's kid with her homework, Folie. I don't get many prizes for being social," he smiled tiredly, gripping onto his twin's arm tightly as he took a peek up at the castle looming nearby on the hill it was grandly perched on. "...So, we're not gonna see Jakob then? I mean, I'm all for waiting to see what happens, but... jeez, I'm not letting you get strung along by him, Folie."​

"I don't think I can just saunter up the steps again and insist he come and talk. He's busy with marriage and stuff, you know? Stuff I can't comprehend. I really do love him, but... I dunno . I don't like these emotions."

"You love him? Oh gosh-- we have to go see him, then. I'm not having you loving someone who will hurt you, y'know? If... our situations were reversed, you'd want to see the guy who could potentially hurt me, right?" He stated with a rare determined expression, entwining their fingers to reiterate how serious he was. "...Maybe we could see Benji first though. I assume he's gone home, he bunks off from school a lot..."​

"N-No, no! It's fine, w-we really don't have to. They're probably are busy and I don't want to waste their time. Let's just go home? I dont want to embarrass Jakob..."

"...Seriously? Fine. Don't say it's my fault if this all goes south," he grumbled, tugging him further along the path, at least happy that it was only covered with a faint dusting of snow, rather than ice - he still had the bruises from his fall the first time. "...I wanted to go see Jakob. Well, his Dad. He's pretty cute, isn't he? The King..."​

"Cobie! He's, like, fifty!" Folie immediately squeaked, his eyes locked on his brother in horror. "You can't be serious, right? Like hell am I going to let my brother go and kiss the king- a fifty year old, married man. It's... I-It's creepy! I'd rather you be with that Cody guy any day, seriously."

"Oi! I didn't say I would kiss him or-- is that how you assume I am? I say someone's cute, and you think I-I wanna jump them?" He grimaced, clearly offended by the assumption... though played on being offended purely to disguise how flustered he was becoming. "...He's not fifty, you're exaggerating. He's, like... forty four or something, which isn't old! I'm eighteen, I'm leaving school in, like, a month at most. If -hypothetically- I did like him, a little, it wouldn't be an issue. But he's the King. D-Don't be so daft..."​

"Shit, you're right!" Folie groaned, before pressing his face into his hands. "We're suppose to be graduating in a few months, w-what am I suppose to do? I mean, I don't want to be useless- I know I am, but... But mom doesn't need to know that? Oh gosh, you don't hate me, right?"

"You can get a job? I mean, the library seems like it's a great place to work-- you could work as a butler at the castle, that'd be cute. Unless Jakob does marry that bitch, in which case, I recommend not going near him, the asshole," he seethed vitriolically, only calming once spotting their little home nearing. "...What about working on Benji's farm? With the sheep and the pigs... He has like five cats and they're always having kittens. He's tried selling me, like, six in the last week..."​

"... And you didn't tell me?" He frowned, whilst wiping his face of the light snow quickly. "I could have added them to my hoard. I would really like to work on his farm, though, yeah. It sounds interesting, f-for sure! I love animals, especially cats and sheep, but... But I don't think I'd get paid much, right? They're struggling enough without me.'

"But I'm sure they could do with the extra pair of hands, and Mom would be glad to see you have a job, regardless of the little pay. You and Benji could hang out and you could listen in to whether he talks about me? Plus you could spend all your breaks surrounded by cats, I don't see any negatives here," he smiled quietly, rather proud at himself for both diverting the conversation away from his apparent crush on the King, and for suggesting something that wasn't totally idiotic. "Benji likes you, he'll say yes."​

"No, no... Like I said, I want t-to be able to have some money, but I don't want to bug them. Maybe being a butler at the castle would be nice, too.... Why not both? I mean... I feel like a failure, if I don't graduate."

"But I don't think that's... nice. What if Jakob marries some gorgeous Princess in another kingdom? You'd be forced to watch them live out their lives together and fuck, I wouldn't want that on my worst enemy, let alone my best friend and brother," he worried, biting his lip awkwardly. He did think the other was so desperate to not feel like a failure that he would risk that heartache. "G-Gosh, don't... don't do that. It's not wise. You wouldn't be a failure to me, I... I mean, I probably won't get a job for a while either! It's hard here. I was thinking about the library, but... hey... no guarantee."​

"If that happens, I'll just need to deal with it. Or... Or I could quit, right? I can't let him control my life, I guess. Maybe, if we get enough money, we could buy our own home? That would be nice, living with more space. I could fill the house with cats! Or... A-At least one?"

"If we both get jobs, then... we could buy a house, definitely! We should do it-- if not, we can move in with Cody-- I know you hate him, but it'll be nice to have more space, right?" He suggested hopefully, squeezing his hand as he quickly tugged his brother to a stop. "...Seriously, think about it. We'd have a room without having to share with our sisters, we could be independent..."​

"... But we would have to live with Cody, and I don't like him one bit. He's... Overly sexual, and he threatened me! That's not okay, one bit. I wouldn't accent it if Jakob did that to you. I'd probably slap him, in all honesty, I'd slap a prince for you." He insisted, as he squirmed warily in the snow.

"I guess I didn't think he was being overly sexual? He's always like that, he's a very loving person-- but I'll definitely slap him if he's like that again," he promised, pecking his cheek quickly before offering a small shrug. "I'm gonna go visit Benji, okay? I guess I owe him a apology-- I'll be home later, I promise."​

"Are you sure? It's really cold right now... Look, I trust you not to mess up. If you need help, come home immediately, okay?" He whispered, before offering a chaste kiss on the other's forehead. "Be safe, okay? Seriously..."

"It's only Benji," he reminded with a snort, tugging on his gloves and readjusting his woollen hat in a subconscious attempt to look cute. He knew Benji thought he was cute decked out in all the Winter clothing, and on some level, he did want the human to still think that of him. "I'll be back in an hour, hm? If I'm not, come find me. Benji might have lost it and, like, beheaded me or some shit like that."​

Status
Not open for further replies.