The Fine Line Between Love and Hate (w/ Blooming B

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It would be." He admitted, before glancing down at his own wrist. "I mean, it would be proof that we're brothers. No one else would have our tattoos, right? Just you and I? If I get a tattoo, I want it to be important. But, I don't want to get a cat. I would want to get something you like, you know? S-So I could look at it and think about you." Of course, he may have been beyond angry, but that didn't mean he didn't adore moments where he and Cobie really showed one another that they loved each other- whether they took baths together, or get tattoos, it still felt nice.

"If you're gonna get one, I think you should get a bird. I adore birds, especially magpies," he babbled quietly, offering a wide grin to his brother. "I mean, then you'd definitely be reminded of me. The cat will remind me of you and... it's a pretty adorable idea, really. Mom would be pissed, but you can hide it easily. I think she'll eventually notice my tattoos, they're not subtle anymore-- I'm already in her bad books after getting the piercings, so... whatever, it's worth her being mad at me. She'll forgive me when I get a good job and buy her nice stuff..."​

"... Or if we go back home." He reminded, hoping he was subtle enough for Cobie's friend to ignore it. "You never know. A part of me is curious, I want to see what our father looks like. Maybe we could stand up to him.$

"You are kidding, aren't you? Honestly, th-that's so dumb!" He squeaked quickly, trying to keep Cody from taking too much interest, but it was hard to keep his astonishment in. "...H-he... hurt us when we were kids! I don't want to see his face again, nor do I want Mom knowing we've gone o-or... just don't say dumb stuff."​

"So you're saying you've never been curious yourself? I mean... We're older now, right? Maybe we could stand a chance against him. If not just you and me, we could definitely do it with our other siblings. Mom wouldn't need to know, it could just be a thing between us- we'd go at night and be back quick. I know it won't happen, but... I don't know, Cobie. It just comes to mind every now and then." He admitted, before offering a smile in attempts to lighten his brother's backlash.

"Maybe, maybe. Maybe he'd kill us, maybe he'd batter us again. Maybe he'll throw us in prison-- do you see the problem with going to see him, Folie?" He sighed, resting his head on his spare hand while peeking at his tattoo, the one thing that guaranteed a smile at the moment. Well, that and Cody's occasionally flirtatious grins at him. "...Look, if... if you promise to quit judging me, I'll go with you tonight. As long as Benji can come? I... know he hates me right now, but he's strong and... he makes me feel safe..."​

"Do you know how much trouble we would get if Benji came? He'd tell everyone about us- let's stop talking about this, actually. Let's leave this here! Ah... A-Are you almost done, Cody? I really think we should head back home. Now."

"...Benji knows what we are, I've told 'im," he said casually, lifting his wrist up to examine the tattoo before allowing Cody to add the bandage to protect from infection - even though he wouldn't get an infection anyway, what with his fast healing. "I suppose I'd better go then, huh? Never mind me wanting to hang out with my friends. No, I've got to jump to your command, apparently..."​

"... Oi, you never do what I ask, I always do what YOU want. Let me have this, this time?" He frowned, his eyes nervously darting to the clearly overly sexual Cody. "I want to talk to you in private, not in front of your boyfriend... or whatever he is to you. This is serious, not something to talk about in front of anyone. I'm mad enough that you told Benji.'

"Excuse me? I do lots for you! You told me to keep your boyfriend a secret; I did. You told me to come with you to see him; guess what, I did. You say for us to go see our fucking abusive father, and I've just agreed! D-Don't play the victim card, it's not fair," he muttered quickly, though did just let the subject lie. Their relationship with now as brothers was strained, he wasn't denying that, but he was trying his best to move on from it... and it wasn't fair if his efforts were denied by past grievances being thrown back at him. He could play that game should he wish, but he really didn't feel like he had the energy too.​

"... I love you, you know that, right?" He eventually whispered, before taking his hand in his. "I'm very sorry, about everything. I love you, more than some stupid human, and hopefully you feel the same? A-Aha... "

"Well, duh! Course I do! It just... it sucks that you still hold it above my head. I don't even think I've done anything majorly wrong. I made friends, had some tattoos, had fun, and I'm judged? I've said you can join my friends and you judge Cody? I-I dunno, it's pretty crappy-- but you're my brother and my best friend, so of course we're still close, dummy," he promised, pecking his brother's cheek chastely, and turning to press a kiss to Cody's cheek... even if he himself knew even before the grumpy groan that his friend probably wanted a hell of a lot more. "Let's just go, Folie~ I... definitely want Benji to come with us later, alright? You'll have to ask, he hates me now."​

"... Maybe this isn't a good idea, after all." He offered weakly, once out into the cold. "I mean, I-I don't know now. I don't want to hurt Benji, and I think we should plan a bit more! Not... Not just up and leave, I guess? I need to check up on the cats if we're going, and pack..." He insisted, before shooting a glare back at the house. "I don't like Cody because he's a creep. He has no respect for others, clearly, if he was ready to just straight up eat your face off."

"See? That's mean, Folie! Cody's one of my closest friends, a-and... and he's helped me a lot, really! So what if he wants to kiss me? I want to kiss him a lot!" He squeaked, his cheeks flushing red the moment his brother showed such vitriol towards Cody, whose only crime apparently seemed to be his amorousness. In reality, that wasn't entirely bad, especially when it was definitely reciprocated by Cobie. "...L-Look, I'd... appreciate you not slagging my friends off? I-I get that you dislike him, but you can't judge him from only a few minutes of knowing him, r-right?"​

"He was disrespectful! Wouldn't you be uncomfortable if someone kept eyeing me up and try to kiss me while you were around? You'd be annoyed, too! I-I mean... It's just rude. I mean, I wouldn't want MY friends to be rude like that to you."

"...Right. Okay, I guess I'm sorry? I dunno, it was just a kiss. You're such a prude, aren't you?" He teased quietly, nudging him gently. "Honestly, how are you gonna, like, kiss Jakob if you get offended by Cody kissing me~? Really though, Cody... could have been a lot worse. Hell, you like Benji. He's totally worse than Cody is! Benji wanted us to have sex in the park," he huffed, keeping his voice low purely out of embarrassment. It wasn't something he wanted being overhead by anyone - the news would inevitably reach his mother, if so.​

"Well, you won't need to worry. Jakob'll probably never kiss me, he's probably already head over heels for the woman he's suppose to marry. The more I think about it, the more doubts I have when it comes for his feelings for me. What if he just said the things he said to make me feel better? He's a nice person, right? He could just be saying nice things out of sympathy." Folie offered, the thought causing him to purse his lips

"...I don't know him that well. I've just been hovering in the background while you two flirt awkwardly. But he seems like a nice guy, Folie. I don't think he'd deliberately hurt you," he stated quietly. For all his hatred of Jakob, and the jealousy he had of his brother attracting the attention of a Prince, he wasn't going to lie and hurt him. "Look, we'll definitely see whether he lives up to the expectation, huh? We'll find out if he marries that woman soon enough. Gossip in this village spreads like wildfire..."​

"Sadly. You're right, I think we both need to stop thinking about relationships! I mean, w-we don't need them.... I mean, I guess you do? I don't know, you're good at getting people to like you, Cobie. I mean, you have friends. I'm friends with you, and t-that's pretty much it? People don't like me."

"I... have friends, b-but... look, you could make friends easily! If I can; you can. I only made them because I had a tattoo done, and they thought I was cool. Me! Cool! I-I know, right?" He laughed under his breath, breathing hard into the cold air when the freezing temperatures caught him off guard. "...You have Benji? He likes you a lot, I know that. He used to bully us, b-but he's a decent guy and he's your friend, right?"​

Status
Not open for further replies.