The Fine Line Between Love and Hate (w/ Blooming B

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"No? You never told me anything like that!" He squeaked, whilst moving his hands to lock onto his brother's. "That... Did he do anything else? Did he hurt you?"

"Huh? Oh gosh, no! He's far too kind to hurt me... It was before Benji, anyway, a-and... we just kissed, Folie. It was after he did my septum. We kissed a-and stuff, not sex, though," he awkwardly smiled, picking at his nails. He had hardly talked about his apparent sexual exploits purely out of embarrassment, but, as uncharacteristic of him as it was, he had shared a few kisses with a few friends he had made. "..."​

"... Hm. See, this is why you're so much cooler than me, Cobie. You can just go out and kiss people and have people like you wherever you go, you know? Like, you could probably have any man or woman in this entire village. It's a little bit silly, actually, how easy it is for you." He babbled softly, before pressing his cheek against the desk.

"Oh, don't be daft! I'm the opposite of cool. I make myself look like a jerk in front of people, but... I dunno. I-I have a few friends... you can meet 'em? They're seriously really nice. I didn't introduce you 'cause we were sorta arguing at the time, and Mom would kill me, so... just... quit putting yourself down?" he suggested quietly, offering another subtle peck to the cheek and his typically reassuring smile. "I know you're not going to go kissing guys anyway, you looove Jakob~ B-But... I dunno, I'm sure one of my friends would absolutely adore you."​

"I hope." He quietly admitted, the thought of having a true and solid friend outside of his brother being a pretty nice thought. "I just want a nice crowd to be around, and... and maybe make Jakob like me more?"

"Y-You can totally come hang out with my crowd, aha... You'll love them, promise. They're all super cool. Mostly because they're older than us and stuff," he shrugged absently, his cheeks burning purely out of delight. He hardly ever had a chance to introduce his brother to new experiences and to actually offer him something substantial, so to now be able to bring him into the social circle he had developed? It did make him far more excited than he ought to be.​

"If they're mean, or w-whatever, don't expect me to ever want to talk to them again, okay? Because I'm tired of having people making fun of me, I think... Um... But if they're nice? That'll be p-pretty amazing! Really... I'm serious, though. I want to be more strict, you know? So if that means putting my foot down, even to your friends, then so be it." He grumbled softly, before offering his own smile.

"You? Strict? C'mon, neither of us can be strict," he chuckled under his breath, turning to straighten his back and face forward the moment Benji trailed in and, predictably, sat as far away from Cobie as was possible. Sure, he expected him to be a little pissed off, but it did hurt to see his still technical boyfriend react so coldly to him-- not that he couldn't handle it. He simply smiled in response and focused completely on avoiding glancing towards him. "...My friends are nice. Do you think I'd waste time hanging around with jerks?"​

"Um, I don't think I should reply." He admitted, his own eyes drifting towards Benji warily before locking onto the window to hope he didn't seem as uncomfortable as he definitely felt. "I knew this would be weird, um... Look, this whole thing is your problem, Cobie. I don't want to get involved."

"You are my twin brother, Folie. And my best friend! I-I'd help you out if the situation was reversed," he stated as persuasively as he could, because he didn't have it in him to deal with the situation by himself. If he had to, he would just end up fucking things up a hundred times more than if he dealt with it with Folie's support. "...Just ignore him, he wants me to feel bad-- I don't know why! W-We haven't broken up yet-- have you said something to him?"​

"No- oh!" He squeaked, before quickly rummaging through his bag for the wool sweater, that of which he had neatly folded out of respect. "I need to return this to him. He mentioned something that it was sort of important, and it's the least I can do. How long do you think the teacher'll be gone? I don't want to just up and hand it to him in the middle of class.... It's really big, isn't it?"

"She'll be gone at least half the lesson, to be honest. She's dating Mr. Andrews from Biology, so she spends a lot of time flirting when she should be teaching," he mumbled, his eyes locking on the sweater and, however long it had taken his brother to fold it so neatly, he snatched it from him with a quiet frown."I still can't believe he gave you this to wear," he sighed quietly, pouting in response. "I mean-- it's a little weird."​

"No? I-I mean, I was cold and it was snowstorming. I think it was quite nice pf him, actually." He easily replied, the sight kf the now crumpled up sweater causing a frown. "Now can I have it back?"

"No! It's not yours, and... I don't want my boyfriend giving his clothes to my brother, I... it sort of screams of desperation. Does he fancy you?" He blurted awkwardly, and rather harshly. Sure, he intended to break up with Benji, but the fact he may fancy Folie would obviously hurt. "...Has he... acted like that around you?"​

"Of course not! And besides, you were going to dump him anyway, right? So what's the big deal if he offers me to use his coat. It was just a kind act, not because he likes me. J-Jeez... Just let me return it to him? I'm not going up and kissing him."

"...Whatever, give it back to him," he grumbled, tossing the sweater aside and grumpily folding his arms across his chest. Hell, he had genuinely been reconsidering dumping Benji. He did feel he was being a little too quick to dump someone who adored him, and perhaps he just ought to give it a shot, though this all did irritate him. Regardless of how platonic the act may or may not have been, he really didn't appreciate his boyfriend doing it. "I... A-Ask him if... he still wants to date me, okay?"​

"Fine, fine." He replied, before moving to offer a chaste kiss to his brother's temple and scurry to the other side of the room shyly, his eyes locked on the human to avoid his peers' eyes in turn. "Um... Benji, I didn't forget to bring your sweater? I tossed it in the wash with our other clothes, so it should be clean, I thought it was the least I could do? And I folded it up all nice and stuff too, but that sort of messed up. Um... Y-Yeah."

"Huh?" The bleary-eyed boy blurted, his red eyes and sniffles evident of his emotional state; a state that his friends clearly taunted, if the boys beside him and their giggling were anything to go by. Nevertheless, the human immediately smiled at the sight of the other, taking his sweater back and holding it close. "Oh-- Oh, you didn't need to, I would have been happy for you to keep it. Cobie has lots of my sweaters, so... it's... all cool..."​

"You seemed to really like it- are you okay, by the way? Why are you crying?" He whispered, knowing all too well the feeling of being made fun of by the others. "Um... Look, can I help? I'm sure Cobie and I can cheer you up?"

"...I know Cobie's going to dump me, they're just making fun of me for it," he shrugged absently, finally peering around at his (for now) boyfriend and at least smiling when noticing he looked just as miserable as he was. "...It's alright, I get it. I've heard he's been cheating on me, so I... I expected the relationship to fail, I... I was prepared to at least forget about it, but hey, whatever."​

Status
Not open for further replies.