"Hey-- Hey, Oreo, stop. Listen to me, buddy, I'm totally fine. Do you really think I'd let some guy rough me up? I'd shove my gun at his head before he even got close-- or I'd kick him right where it hurts. Hey, I didn't go through all that police training on self defence for nothing, right?" Laughed the woman as she quietly sunk to the couch, tugging the heels from her feet with a loud groan. She never wore heels, so of course she was in pain, rubbing her reddened feet with a faint whine.

"I just... did something dumb, that's all. Met some guy at the restaurant and had sex with him. I know, I know. It's not what I normally do, but I was drunk and... I dunno, it just kinda happened," she admitted with a shrug, determined not to go into all the details. She never had secrets from Oreo, but this was one she was going to keep as long as she could, because it could lose her her job... and that was the last thing she wanted.

"Were you worried? Fuck, I should have called," she sighed, her bright eyes peering up at her friend, before patting the space on the couch. "Hey, come sit. We can relax all day, right? It's Sunday, we should spend today relaxing and then... I dunno, go through all the murders again, see if we can place either Thomas or Elijah at the scene... We might have missed something, y'know?"

Staring at her completely perplexed at her explanation, he shuffled over to her, sitting down. Studying her carefully, he decided to not to pry as he leaned on her nodding. "Yeah, let's see if we can try and find something else. Also, Tommy said he and Elijah will be going on a business trip next month...We will have time to you know, investigate while they're gone." Stated the man as he stood from the couch, heading to the kitchen to get her something to eat.

"We have some pop tarts. You want one?" He called out to her as he searched the cabinets. "And...I am also hoping...Thomas has nothing to do with this. Because....Well me and him are really close now, and I really like him. Like a lot. And he doesn't seem like he would be a murderer."

"...Oreo, you do realise that that's the most idiotic thing you've done, right? I'm the idiot in our friendship, but you... you can't get close to him like that, it's so... stupid," she exhaled heavily. Orian was her best friend, and she could be honest with him, but she never really got this serious with him in the past. However, she knew she had to be serious, because he clearly didn't realise how dumb his behaviour was at the moment.

"You'll get the sack-- and we've studied enough criminal profiles to know murderers can be charming and suave. Thomas fits the bill on that front. You can't discount him just because he shows you attention. H-Hell, Elijah's DNA was found at the scene, right? On the actual victim. That makes him a suspect, and I doubt Thomas is oblivious, if Elijah's the murderer. Either Thomas knows, or he helps-- or maybe this whole thing is a misunderstanding and they're both innocent. Until we prove their innocence, you best stay away from him, romantically speaking," she wisely pointed out. She didn't want to upset her friend, but... well, she also didn't want to see him fired. She had had sex with Elijah, but that was clearly a one off. She wasn't falling in love with him, like Orian was with Thomas - that was far more dangerous.

"...Have you had sex with him, Oreo? Tell me the truth, buddy. You... are awfully close to him. Didn't he call you to his apartment at, like, eleven at night or something dumb like that?"

With a flushed face, he handed her the pop tart sitting back down. Opening the wrapper, the man tried not to meet her eyes until he finally nodded. "Okay....We did, and I know this could get me fired, so please, please don't say anything! But...If you worked with Thomas, really see how he is, and got to know him you would know he isn't acting charming or anything like that. It's just who he is. Elijah is...Is a cold hearted asshole, and I don't see how you deal with him. I think he seriously is the killer. And maybe...Thomas might know something and is covering because that is his twin. Completely understandable. I would cover for you if you killed someone."

Leaning back into the couch, he looked over his best friends body again, seeing all the love bites as he uncomfortably shifted. "...Piglet...Are you going to at least tell me who had sex with last night? I mean...I'm your best friend. I tell you everything."

Hissing through her teeth once hearing the confirmation that he had slept with Thomas, she bit her bottom lip to bite back a cutting comment. She couldn't blame him too much, because Thomas was charming and incredibly handsome. Besides, she had slept with Elijah, so she could hardly judge him without being a hypocrite, could she?

Freezing the moment he began to discuss Elijah, she bit her lip harder until tasting blood in her mouth, licking the rest away as quickly as she could. Sleeping with Elijah had been... a huge mistake, but now it made her feel dirty and horrible. Orian was an amazing detective, and he had great hunches. If his hunch was that Elijah was the murderer, then the likelihood was that Elijah was the murderer... and Brielle had had sex with him. Of course it made her feel sick to the stomach.

"...Elijah," she eventually mumbled, voice low and barely audible. "Elijah, alright? I-It was... look, we both made mistakes and... and we can't do this with them again, Oreo. Alright?"

"Elijah?!" Yelled the man sitting up straight and nearly choking on his food. His customary warmth in those green eyes were gone faster than summer rain on the tarmac, now replaced with burning hot anger. Yes he had sex with Thomas, Elijah's twin, but Thomas was actually a sweetheart, had an actual personality! Whereas Elijah was.....Well the complete opposite! You couldn't get any different than that. "What in the hell, Brie?! Are...Are you fucking nuts?! This is crazy! Like, how in the hell did you even get caught up with him?!"

With jerky movements he stood up to pace their small living room, bumping his shin into the coffee table, cussing him to swear and curse more. "Fuck! Ouch...Brielle, this is nuts, like seriously bonkers! I...I know I had sex with Thomas but...Elijah the huge suspect here! It was his DNA found on the body, not Thomas! And you...I cant believe this, this is crazy! How could you allow him to even...." His anger slowly started to fade away when seeing just how depressed and disgusted she was. Allowing his face to soft, he lowered himself back down to her to hug him. "....Let's forget it...It's completely in the past...Let's just get this man behind bars."

Back at the Winter brother's apartment, Elijah had just got home, throwing his jacket across the couch as he went to the refrigerator. His mind completely filled with Brielle. What was he going to do with her? How he acted so beneath him. She....She seemed really upset to...Not that he cared. No of course not. Grabbing a slice of cake he heated it up in the microwave groaning softly to himself.

Despite having stayed up most the night waiting for his brother to return home, Thomas didn't storm to him when he heard him enter their apartment. Thomas was smart enough to know what had happened. The last thing his brother had told him was that he'd sort things out with Brielle, to make sure she didn't suspect a thing. As cold as his brother sometimes was, he could be just as charming as Thomas was, especially with a pretty girl or two. It was almost inevitable what had happened, and Thomas felt anger at himself for not having predicted it sooner.

Casually strolling into the kitchen area from his bedroom, he had just woken up from an hour's rest, that being all the sleep he had managed to get. His pyjama bottoms hung loose on his hips and, because he was topless, he did show off his toned body. He hadn't always been muscular. Unlike his twin, who seemed graced with that body, Thomas had only really bothered to start keeping in shape in the 60s, after growing jealous of the attention his twin received. Now, they were at least equal in that department.

"Where were you all night, brother? My, look at all those marks on your neck. Busy night, was it?" He laughed, though it lacked humour. Thomas loved his younger twin, but he was still someone who had murdered his parents when he was a child. He wasn't... sane, so he had no qualms hitting his brother if he found him doing something stupid. He'd never seriously hurt him, but he would get physical if the situation demanded it.

"I assume Brielle's in the same state, hm? And you called me disgusting for having sex with Orian. You're just as bad as me."

And even though Elijah could probably have a fair match with his brother, he never would HRI back. His brother was the one who took care of him, he respected him, followed him as if his word was law. So Thomas was the only one who had completely control over his twin...Not that, that was any good. Thomas was just as crazy as he was, hell maybe even more so. Groaning at his brother, he looked at his older twin tiredly before sitting down at the bar in their kitchen. "What is it that you possibly want me to say? I apologize? Well, my dearest brother I apologize, but what's done is done. What happened last night wasn't supposed to happen, I was drunk, she was there. Simple. I am still a man aren't I?" Grumbled the vampire as he tiredly nibbled on his chocolate cake. He had a thing for sweets, and pizza.

Elijah softened up his face, looking at his twin desperately, his ice blue eyes saddened. "...She seemed upset and disgusted...As if I was an arachnid that crawled on her.." Mumbled Elijah as he thought about her reaction. He didn't understand how she could act so disgusted. No women had ever reacted like that.... It hurt him to the core.

Sitting up on the stool at the kitchen island, he poured out his coffee and reached for his own breakfast. Unlike his brother, Thomas' breakfast usually consisted of some fruit and Greek yogurt, sweetened only with honey... and maybe some blood. Hell, he was a vampire, after all. He wasn't some health freak... but he also couldn't eat much for breakfast without growing queasy, hence why it was usually just an apple or banana.

Slowly, after licking the corner of his lip free of blood, he arched a brow towards his twin and let his smile grow. He didn't want to take amusement in his brother's obvious distress, but there was something humorous in seeing his ego so hurt. He was used to most girls going head over heels for him, and Brielle was easily the first who had woken up by morning without the dreamy smiles and desire to keep in touch with him. It was more amusing when Thomas had Orian wrapped around his finger and yet, Brielle couldn't get away fast enough from Elijah.

"...Does that hurt your ego, brother~? Look, you can't win over all the girls in the world. Brielle... well, she's a firecracker, isn't she? Strange, really. I would have thought you were just her type with your tattoos, but clearly not," he smirked, though his amusement died down when he realised how seriously his brother was taking this all. "...Are you really letting some silly human girl get to you like this? Dear god, Elijah, how weak are you?"

"I'm not weak Thomas!" Snapped the younger of the two. He despised being called weak. For one, his father Martin used to beat him as child for being so...Weak. So he refused to be considered weak now. "And you think I can't win over some silly little human girl? Ha! I can have her so crazy about me, she'll be ready to jump off a bridge if I told her too, I can easily do that. Simple." Hissed Elijah as he glanced down at his breakfast.

"She isn't getting to me...Just...How dare she, act as those I was beneath her when it was her, who is beneath me. I can't stand her...." Growled the vampire as his fangs easily began to poke as his anger rose up in hjm

Resting a leg across the other, he simply rested his head on his hand and watched his brother rant and rave. As much as he angrily hissed, the girl had clearly gotten under his skin. In all their decades of existence, Thomas had never seen his brother this caught up over some random girl.

"...Oh, do sit down and shut up, Elijah. You aren't going to charm her. Accept the fact that you can't charm every girl in the world. There's going to be one or two who are immune to your charms, understand? Brielle's never liked you. I'm surprised you managed to have sex with her-- you must have gotten drunk, huh? She wouldn't have slept with you sober, I imagine," he continued drily, not bothering to hold back. He had never held back from the truth, however hard they were to hear. He was sure his brother was old enough to take the truth head on and not get all childish about it.

"....She isn't immune to my charms, and I can prove it. Thomas shut up. You are....Annoying me." He childishly mumbled under his breath. Elijah hated when his brother scolded him, and told him the ugly truth. Thomas was his most precious person in the world. He adored his older brother, and it hurt when the person you admired and loved the most looked down on you. "...You don't have to be so harsh you know."

"I'm simply telling you the truth. A truth you're too conceited to realise. You're far too egotistical. I want you to forget about this damn assistant, because she's disposable and hardly worth our time. Granted, I need her alive. We can't lose another assistant. I assume you dealt with her suspicions and that she isn't going to ask about the blood on the couch. If you had to have sex with her to convince her nothing was wrong, so be it, but that's the last time you'll have sex with her. I wouldn't mind if you could control yourself, but you can't. You're also sounding obsessed with proving to her you're a catch, and that's downright pathetic," he continued slowly, though the harsh tone in his voice and the matching scowl had long since disappeared, replaced with brotherly concern.

"...Now, I've invited Orian over today," he suddenly grinned. "I assume he's bringing Brielle. The timing isn't brilliant, but you're a big boy. You can handle it, can't you?"

• Love
Reactions: ForeverRed
Grimacing at his brother, he let out a long sigh before nodding. He'd let the idea of making Brielle fall for him go. He didn't need some human girl any way, there was billions upon billions of those. Standing from his chair, he stretched a bit before looking at his brother. "...I won't come from my room while those two are here. I don't feel like dealing with those idiots. Your assistant is a complete love fool. You should control him, before he thinks your actually serious about him."

"Have you possible considered the fact that I love him and want to marry him, brother? Are you so quick to dismiss the possibility that I'm in love?" He drawled sarcastically, his joking tone incredibly rare. He could fake it easily, but to hear him being genuinely amusing was rare... and it was only a luxury Elijah could afford. He was only his genuine self when he was with his twin brother, after all.

"No, you're going to sit with us. I want to see you squirm," he grinned, easing himself up off the stool and cracking his back quietly. "We have work to do and you need to be there to get Brielle on the right page. She has a job to do as your assistant, and we'll only be working an hour at the most-- oh brother, do stop pouting like that. She's just a girl you had sex with. You've had sex plenty of times, and not once have you acted like a spoilt child afterwards. So she thinks you're repulsive-- so what? You find her repulsive. You can both move on easily."

"She isn't allowed to think that! Only I can think that, she has no right, a mere little blood bag has no right to think me repulsive!" Snapped Eli, as he went to his room, slamming his doors so he could get dressed.

That afternoon, Orian was happily waiting to be buzzed into the apartment, his best friend at his side. Orian was dressed especially cute this evening, all for Thomas of course. He was eager to see him again. To hear those soft whispers of sweet nothings, to smell his fresh scent, to just stare at his beauty. Damn this man was gorgeous, and Orian couldn't help but want to see him again. "Alright, Brie, let's just get this work done, then we can go home, okay?" He whispered to get.

Now, Brielle would say to anyone that asked that she regretted what she had done with Elijah. She hated the man with a passion. He had treated her with so much disgust that she wanted to arrest him on the spot and show him she wasn't some pathetic little girl; she was the only female detective in the department, and one of the youngest they had ever had. She was smart, strong, likeable... and a police officer. He underestimated her, and that alone made her hate him. If there was one thing she hated, it was being underestimated.

However, she had... dressed up for the occasion, which went against everything she said. If she hated what had happened, she wouldn't have made an effort, but here she was, in a genuinely nice outfit with her hair pulled into a fancy ponytail. She had worn her old leather pants, purely because they hugged her figure... and she knew what her best feature was, or, more precisely, the feature most men found their eyes lingering on. She had arrested two men for grabbing her ass, and had sent plenty more glares when they stared at her from behind, yet here she was, wearing tight pants simply to draw attention to it. She didn't know why she had dressed like this, or why she wanted Elijah's attention, but... well, she did. She wouldn't admit it, but... she wanted him to stare at her and grow lustful, aroused.

"I'm fine, Oreo," she promised, shooting her best friend a smile as she wandered into the apartment once Thomas opened the door. "Hey, cool place! Obviously, I expected this... Still, it's fucking great..."

"Yes, well, I decorated. My brother tried but his taste wasn't mine, and I'm older than he is, so I won," laughed Thomas, offering Orian a kiss to the cheek. "You look adorable, as usual."

Easily his cheeks flushed with fever. The soft tinge on his cheeks complimented his bright eyes, as he rolled them. "Please, you look perfect as always. How do you manage to do that?" Asked Orian as he walked into the apartment.

On the leather couch, reading a book was Elijah. He wore a dress shirt, half buttoned up, and some jeans that hung deliciously off his hips. He was barefoot, and looked as though he didn't try to get dressed. But that rugged look was best suited for him. Because he did look just heavenly. Glancing over at the two, instantly his eyes went to Brielle's lower end when she walked past to sit down, however the didn't say much. He just turned a page in his book he was reading.

"Good afternoon, Elijah." Orian began, trying to be polite even if he hated the man in this second.

"Is it? Is it really a good afternoon? On my only day off of the week I have to work, so no, I don't find this to be very good or pleasing at all Oliver." Grumbled the man as he closed his book.

"Ignore my brother. He had a long night last night, meaning he's hungover, grouchy and overtired. He's been snapping at me all day, Orian, so don't worry if he's meaner than usual. I've been subjected to it enough times today, you're not alone," laughed Thomas, deciding that he would just ignore his brother's obvious digs and try and make some humour out of it. Flopping down on the couch as he adjusted his own shirt, he took a moment to examine Orian over before pouring everyone some wine. He may be cold and calculating, but he was still a man, and he had had sex with Thomas because he found him attractive. Granted, he also would kill him without remorse, but he could be attracted to him. He didn't see an issue with that, and he would still sleep with him until he decided to kill him. He always ended up killing the boys he slept with - it was almost predictable now.

"You look beautiful Brielle. Doesn't she look lovely, Elijah?" He piped up, nudging his brother for a reaction. "Utterly gorgeous. I do love your trousers. I think I have a pair in my new collection for the Summer. You're on trend, Brielle. I'm surprisingly proud, like an older brother would be. I know Elijah's glad to see you in some fashionable items, even if he won't admit it."

"...These old things are in style? Huh. I've had 'em years. I think they're too small, actually. I eat way too much crap, it's gonna catch up with me one day," she smiled, being able to talk conversationally with Thomas. He acted like a friend, and she understood in that moment how Orian had fallen under his spell. The man was gorgeous and very sociable. Subtly glancing to Elijah, she decided to take the plunge and gave him a brave nudge. "Oi, compliment me, boss. I thought I've done you proud by dressing up fashionably. Do you like my trousers? They're a bit tight though, huh?"

Elijah glanced at the woman, arching a brow at how she was acting so nice with him. When just this morning she was looking st him as if he was vermin. "Hmm, the pants are nice I suppose. But I suppose you should lay off of donuts. A bit snug on your bum, don't you think?" He mumbled with s slight smirk as he pouted himself a glass of wine.

Orian took his own glass, trying hard not to just throw it in Elijah's face. "....Oh? So are saying you were looking at her bottom? A bit perverted of you, don't you think, mister Elijah."