"I know he could be. He's callous and cruel enough to be a murderer, which is why I've been documenting where he goes. Just because Thomas seems like a saint doesn't mean he's not involved. They're close, best friends. If Elijah's the killer, Thomas must know about it. Either that, or he's involved," she reminded, trying to be professional, especially now her friend had gotten too close to the case to see it clearly. His mind was clouded, and she needed to be on her game to make sure he didn't get in too deep to become completely biased.

"He's rude, isn't he? I don't know, it's kinda amusing. I like it, actually. He makes me laugh," she admitted with a shrug, touching up her black lipstick before offering her best friend one of her contagious grins. "Don't fret about me, Oreo, I know how to handle Elijah. He hates me, I know, but I have fun with him. It's all my idea of fun. He thinks I'm annoying, but I think it's hilarious~"​

"...Alright, but if he ends up seriously being rude let me know. I'll clean up his act right away." He growled, pounding his fist in his palm, trying to seem tougher than what he was.

While Brie was enjoying her lunch, Elijah was watching the clock in his twin's office. "...She should have been here by now. Shes the slowest assistant yet. Thomas, how's your assistant? Is he as annoying as mine?" Asked the vampire who was laying on his brother's white leather couch. The corner of his mouth had blood on it from him drinking some blood from a blood bag. He always did tend to be a messy eater.

"My assistant is like any other. I don't dislike him greatly, which is the biggest compliment I can pay him. He does his work diligently, he amuses me, he flatters my ego... And he's very much my type. Would it be unprofessional if I ended up having sex with him, Eli? I haven't been with a man since the 1980s, after that supremely gorgeous businessman... I suppose I'll see where it all leads. If I do, I won't kill him. I usually kill my lovers, int he heat of the moment, but it's important they stay alive. We can't kill our employees," he reminded with a faint tut, leaning across to hand his brother a handkerchief, while watching the leather couch worriedly.

"Don't get blood on that, it'll stain and I don't want to have to get a new one. Be careful, would you-- and do stop whining about that girl. She does her job well enough, doesn't she? I find her frightfully entertaining. Nobody's challenged you before, like she does. I shouldn't find it amusing, but I do. It's a little fun to watch some measly human poke fun at you in such a smart way, brother. She gets under your skin, doesn't she~? I bet you want to drink her dry, hm?"​

• Love
Reactions: ForeverRed
"I don't drink the blood of rodents." He spat, not bothering to reach for the handkerchief. Usually Tommy would wipe the blood himself, so why should Eli clean his own face? Elijah was...A bit spoiled by his older twin. Thomas did everything for him. He depends on his twin greatly. If Thomas were ever to leave Elijah...It wouldn't be pretty, I can promise that.

"She's an annoying little mouse. I don't see how you find her amusing. She just squeaks all damn day. And she thinks she's so witty. Ha, I've met toddlers with more wit than her. I can, however picturing pushing her off a cliff. That would be more pleasing than drinking her silly blood."

Elijah's eyes landed on his twin, studying his face for a moment before grimacing. "...Don't sleep with that human. He's no good. He's probably whore. Besides he's that mouse girl's friend. He'll probably beg you to be in a relationship with him and fall in love."

"And you think I'd run off into the sunset with him if he did beg me? Don't be so absurd. In all the years I've been sexually active, I've never once fallen in love with anyone, so do stop fretting. He's nice enough as my assistant, a potential lover to be with when I grow bored, but nothing more than that. I think you mistake my kindness for weakness. It's not even real kindness. It's an act, brother. Unlike you, I can pretend; I can charm," he sighed in response, eventually growing tired of seeing his brother so messy and moved to dab at his mouth himself, cleaning him up as he had done their whole lives. It was instinctual to do that for him, now.

"If I was going to fall in love with anyone, it would have been that politician I was with back in the 20s. He was lovely. But I killed him and we drank his blood over some fancy meal, didn't we? See? You have absolutely nothing to worry your silly little head about," he laughed, smoothing his brother's hair down before returning to his desk. "Just do try and be a little nicer to that assistant girl. She could leak stories to the newspapers about us, it's happened before. Do you want to have that bad publicity again?"​

Groaning, he looked at his nails with a grimace. "...I'll be nicer to my little assistant. Only if she gets here in time. Seriously shes so slow with everything she does. She's like a sloth. If you squint when looking at her she looks like one too. Its quite funny actually, I do it a lot to entertain myself when she's speaking about her boring life."

Mumbled the man as he glanced at his brother. He didn't want his brother to date the human boy. He didn't understand why himself just yet but he had a terrible feeling about it

Eventually, the assistants arrived back from their joint lunch together, and Brielle was the first to enter Thomas' office, having noticed that was where the two brothers currently were-- and she couldn't thank fortune enough when she took in the scene. As she quietly allowed herself to be berated for whatever she had done wrong (she always seemed to mess up, however good she actually did), her eyes strayed about the office... and noticed the spots of blood on the couch that had failed to be cleaned off in time. She didn't react to it, simply looked away as quickly as she saw it... but it was a breakthrough. The two men had no visible cuts on them, so the blood wasn't explained. It was a clue, a piece of potential evidence, and after weeks of nothing, it was pretty major.

"...What did you want me to do? I zoned out," she murmured, setting her eyes back on Elijah calmly. "Not that you're boring, sir. Your voice is. It makes me sleepy. What did you say?"​

"You truly are an idiot aren't you? See what I go through Thomas? She acts like some ditzy little blonde. Under that ridiculous hair color are you a blonde?" He growled eyeing her questionably. "Anyway, I'm sure you have a nice dress or something decent to wear? I need you to accompany to an important meeting tonight. It'll be at a high class restaurant, so please don't look so....Like yourself. It'll embarrass me. You will be there to take notes for me and whatnot. There's work on my desk. Go hop to it." Stated the man, waving her off.

It only took a moment for Thomas to follow the girl's eyes, and once he saw what she had seen, the smile on his face had vanished instantly. He didn't at all figure out why the sight had been so exciting for the girl. Instead, he took her zoning out as confusion, or, worse, fear. The last thing he needed was her leaking a story to the press about the 'weird' brothers who had blood in their office. He had had stories sold about him by past employees, and while it never impacted him spectacularly, he hated any sort of negative publicity about him or his brother.

"Do stop harassing the poor girl, brother," he laughed weakly, striding over to the door to subtly gesture the two humans to leave, while murmuring to Orian about printing off some orders for him. Once he left, he shut the door and shot his twin an irritated glare. "You fucking need to clean up after yourself, how many times do I have to tell you, Elijah?! That girl saw the blood, I know she has. Tonight, you casually bring up a reason to explain the blood. Don't say it was blood. Say it was paint, or something red. I don't really care what silly excuse you come up with, but I want her to forget all about it before she goes to the newspapers for a few hundred dollars, understand?"

"....Its a dab of blood. I'll say I cut my wrist, she can't see that. I'll wear a bandaid tonight as well. Jeeze don't be such a brute. Use your words, why swear and curse at me. That's low class." Elijah stated with half closed eyes, obviously bored and not entertained with his brother's reaction. However Elijah knew he had to fix this before she became far to curious. And he had a plan.

The sun sank lower in the sky, light of the day slowly draining away, giving way to the velvety dark of winter's night. Cool crisp air brushed against Elijah's skin as he waited for Braille to pull up in front of the high end restaurant. Inside he was fuming. She was only three minutes late, however he felt as though she should have been an hour early. He wore a gorgeous tuxedo, that was a burgundy and cream color. His mop of dark raven hair was perfectly styled to the back, and his ice color eyes were searching for Brielle. When his eyes finally saw her coming up, instead of snapping like he usually did, he allowed his features to soften up into a rare smile. His smile was a sight to see. Breathtaking, heart stopping. His teeth twinkled in a way that put stars to shame, they were so straight and as white as fresh snow. He allowed a strong arm to wrap around her waist when she got close enough. Yes Elijah may be an asshole all the time. But he knew how to woo human women. And he had to woo Brielle in order to make her forget that bit off blood. Leaning in so his lips brushed her ear slightly, he whispered, "You look absolutely divine." With deep voice was like honey. thick and sweet, and wrapped each word perfectly. "I'll be the envy tonight of every man with you on my arm." adding a light cackle to the end he leaned up and led her into the restaurant. "I ordered us some drinks already if you don't mind. I ordered Dom Perignon. It is says to taste like stars." He told her as he led her to an exclusive room that had only one table gorgeously set up for three. "Who we are meeting up with should be here in a little." Pulling out her chair for her, he smiled softly before winking at her. "We have a little time to talk by ourselves."

Fanciness and grandeur wasn't Brielle's style; not at all.

She had attended fine dinners and events in her time. She was young and she clearly wasn't wealthy -she and Orian shard a crappy apartment with barely enough room to swing a cat- but she had attended some enviable events, mostly through her work as a police detective. They often had dinners with the mayor at the end of the year, and despite being new to the force, she and Orian were invited as part of the team collective. For that reason, Brielle did have a fancy dress or two at the back of her closet... at the very back, really.

She wasn't a girly girl. She preferred a good set of ripped jeans and a leather jacket to a grand dress. She liked dyeing her hair bright colours, experimenting with her tattoos that ran down her arm and back, and she had a good piercing or two in her nose. She didn't voluntarily go to posh restaurants, because she didn't fit in with all of that. Besides, she was pretty broke - she couldn't afford one drink at a place like that.

She didn't really want to go with Elijah, anyway. Most girls in her situation would cut their arm off for a chance like this - going to a fancy restaurants uptown with one of the most eligible, handsome bachelors in the city, and have a chance to experience luxury on the highest scale-- but that wasn't Brielle's style. She knew what she liked, and she was pretty much happy with McDonald's. Though, she had to make the effort. She was undercover, and staying undercover was key. She didn't want to get herself fired and compromise the whole thing because, after seeing the blood, she definitely thought she was onto something. With Orian under Thomas' spell, Brielle really didn't want to lose her space on the operation, because she didn't trust her best friend to do his job properly at the moment.

Likewise, she didn't trust Elijah. This man could be the cannibalistic murderer she and the police had searched for for months now, so like hell would she be taken in by his charming handsomeness. Sure, he was staggeringly beautiful, but... well, Brielle wasn't taken in easily. She had a job to do, and no amount of smiles would convince her-- especially when this behaviour was so uncharacteristic. He took pleasure in teasing her. Even though she looked pretty damn beautiful in her turquoise Grecian dress, with her matching hair curled perfectly over her shoulders and let loose from its usual ponytail, she had fully expected Elijah to take the piss. That was what he did, he was never nice. Receiving the compliments only made her more wary of him.

"Have you had a knock to the head?" She asked suddenly once sitting at the table, taking a moment to examine the surroundings before her bright eyes settled on the designer. "Because you're never nice to me, Elijah. I'd prefer you to tell me I look butt ugly, because you really scare me when you're nice. It doesn't feel right."

He couldn't hold back a laugh at that one. It was a genuine laugh, because he expected her to say something of the sort. She was blunt, and rude. And never knew when to simply take the nice things. Covering his mouth with a pale hand, his eyes rolled in his head, before glancing back at her. "Brielle, just take the compliment, don't be such a ninny. I think you look gorgeous tonight. Usually you look like an ape's rear end, but tonight you actually look like a woman. A beautiful woman. And despite my cold heart, I am a man. I find you sexually attractive. If only you hadn't spoke just now." He answered her smoothly, taking his glass and sipping down his drink.

When he reached for his drink his bandaid was visible. Seeing her catch eye of it, he easily answered before she spoke. "Cut my wrist trying to open mail at lunch. I got blood on my brother's couch. He was so angry. But it is your fault why I cut myself, if you came off your break on time, then you could have opened the mail for me. Honestly, you're so useless sometimes. Anyway, Brielle, where did you get such a fitting dress. I must say it wraps around quite deliciously." Purred the man, smirking slightly at how nice she looked. He was being honest, she looked pretty.

Was she disappointed? Of course. She wanted to disbelieve him and continue to think that the blood had another source... but she couldn't think of any other reason when there was evidence in front of her. There hadn't been that much blood on the couch, which meant that his reasoning made sense. There was enough for it to have originated from a cut wrist, and he had the band-aid to show that he had hurt himself. Sure, he might be lying... but she didn't see any reason for him to lie. He didn't know she had seen the blood, right? So... maybe her imagination had run wild. If she had gone to her chief and said the only evidence she had was some blood on a couch (and very little of it), he would have laughed in her face and told her to take some time off to sleep. It sounded ridiculous to her now, and she cringed, both because of the disappointment and embarrassment. She wasn't giving up, but... it had dented her belief greatly.

Now, she only had to enjoy the night as best she could. Her suspicion had faded a little after the news it wasn't a victim's blood (or so she thought) and so, instead of watching him in interest, she did sit back with a relaxed posture. She was going to continue to investigate him, but... well, she deserved one night off from it, didn't she?

"You're a pervert," she retorted with a chuckle of her own, bringing her glass to her lips and, after taking a sip of the expensive wine, quietly eyed the man in front of her for sarcasm in his tone. When sensing none, she whistled lightly to herself and played with the strap of her dress.

"You think I look good? Fuck, have pigs started flying, 'cause it's hard to believe you," she grinned, though the compliment wasn't lost on her. She often felt insecure in these sorts of outfits, so to hear what seemed to be a genuine comment was nice... even if it came from a man who had made the last few weeks pure hell for her. "Oi, it ain't too 'fitting' on me. That's polite talk for saying I'm fat, isn't it? I mean, you've called me fat at least 15 times when I steal your donuts from the fridge at work, it wouldn't surprise me if you said it now. I'm not, by the way. You're just an asshole~"

"You're definitely greedy, stealing my donuts. A lady should be ashamed to eat as much as you do. However I beginning to think you eating that much pays off. You fill out that dress in nice places, you should be careful wearing that around men Brie, they may want to pounce." His voice was dangerously husky with lust as he winked at her. He was definitely handsome, and he was in such a flirty mood tonight. However the moment their third party showed up for business, he did stop flirting and got straight to work.

After the meal, it was nearing ten, but Elijah had better plans than simply going home. Now vampire's did get drunk. If they drank enough they tended to get a little goofy, and Elijah did have a bit to drink that night. Which explained him pulling her through the streets, to the broad walk. The two were over dressed to be at the boardwalk but the river looked amazing in the winter. He had his real fur coat over Brielle like a true gentleman so she didn't get cold. Holding her hand tightly he dragged her down excitedly. "See how gorgeously the moon reflects on the frozen river? See I told you its a sight to see." He mumbled as his leather shoes crunched over the snow, a lazy smile on his face.

Brielle had never intended to get drunk, or even tipsy. It was said by her superiors at the department that under no circumstances was she to get drunk during her undercover work if she was around the men she was investigating. If they were drunk and began to potentially reveal evidence, she needed to be sober for it to stand as evidence, or she would be cast as unreliable. She knew that, which was why she only intended to have one drink at the most.

At the end of the night, though, she had to cling to the vampire's strong arm to prevent herself stumbling, so to say she was drunk would be a wise (and correct) guess. Staring over the river at his request, she leaned quietly against the bars and allowed a genuine smile to cross her lips. Throughout the night, the more she drank, the more responsive she became to the flirting. At the start, she rolled her eyes and challenged him. By the end, she was flirting back at him outrageously. Sure, she still teased him, but that was just what she was like. Her teases were normal-- but she had begun to tease him flirtatiously, which obviously never would have happened without the alcohol to spur her on.

"It's beautiful," she agreed with a grin upwards at the masculine vampire, her turquoise eyes dusted with sleepiness-- as well as attraction. Nobody would say Elijah wasn't handsome. He was beyond that, almost unearthly in his beauty, so even Brielle, who openly disliked him, was now staring up at him with a hopeful smile. "Just like you, huh? But you know you're handsome, you're so bloody cocky about it."

He wore a smirk on his lips, as he rolled his icy blue eyes. "Of course I'm cocky. With a face like mine, you must be confident. However, Brielle, you are quite the looker yourself." He told her easily swinging her into his arms. His strong arms were around around her tightly, pressing her up into his body as hid smirk widen down at her.

"Too beautiful for your own good. I am your boss, it would such a naughty thing for me to even kiss you. But it's tempting." He whispered. The way the pale moon light was reflecting on her face, and the way the soft crisp winter breeze was softly tossing her hair. It made him look at her in a new light. Not to mention the alcohol having take affect over his actions. However he came from a time where gentlemen were really gentlemen. He wouldn't do anything she didn't want him to do. So he leaned in, his fave nose serious, as he stared in her topaz eyes. "May I kiss you?" He asked politely

Now, Brielle knew this man was strong. It was more than obvious just by looking at him that he was clearly strong - nobody had the muscle structure he had without having the strength to accompany it. However, it still caught her off guard when he swung her into his arms with such ease, and she regretfully squeaked loudly at the quickness of it all. She regretted the girly noise the moment she made it, scoffing under her breath as her cheeks unashamedly grew red from their proximity.

Resting her hands on his chest to steady herself (and to feel his tough muscles without being too unsubtle), she arched a brow at the gentlemanly offer. He never struck her as a gentleman. Thomas was. He held doors open for her, treated her nicely, like a friend - it was clear to see how Orian had fallen hard for him. Elijah, though, was an asshole, so for him to be so kind and sweet right now... it was hard to believe. Well, it would be if she was sober. She would question him and interrogate him for the change in behaviour, but she was currently just as bad as him, being drunk and influenced heavily by it.

Instead of waiting, she tugged him down to meet her lips, while pressing herself up closer as best she could. He was freezing cold, but she hardly registered that - it only gave her an excuse to press closer to him to warm him up, if she needed an excuse for it.

Taking her up closer in his cold arms, he allowed his lips to work along with hers in a steady, yet hungry pace. Not long after, his lips traveled to her neck, nipping it softly enough to leave an imprint, but not hard enough to break skin. Whispering softly against her neck a bout how delicious she taste, and how he wanted to ravish her, he led her back to his car.

That night had been an interesting turn of events. That night Elijah ended up sleeping with Brielle....In the backseat of his car. Which is where he awoke in the morning. They never even left the river. He had his car on the entire night, so the heat could be on for her, however when eh awoke in the large backseat of his nice car, to say he was surprised....and disgusted was an understatement. He slept with this human....And allowed her to live. Groaning from the throbbing headache, he rubbed his temples moving to dress Himself, and flatten his bandaid on his wrist.

"...Shit. Oh, god... Did we...?" Blurted Brielle as she stirred from her sleep. At first, she woke up ad stretched her arms casually, as though nothing had occurred during the night-- and then she realised she was naked in the back seat of the man's car. Grabbing her clothes to hurriedly tug them on, suddenly shy and obviously embarrassed, she only dared glancing at the man when she had pulled her clothes on and smoothed her messy hair out.

Spotting the red kisses she had left on his skin -they stood out remarkably well, given how pale she was-, she cringed again and glanced out of the window, nibbling her bottom lip.

"...This never fucking happened, understand?" She finally mumbled. Most girls, of course, would have been delighted and beyond happy that they had had sex with someone like Elijah, but Brielle wasn't. It compromised everything she worked for. Her superiors wouldn't mind if she had gotten this close to achieve information... but she hadn't. She had slept with him because she was drunk and a small part of her wanted to drink in the affection he had shown her.

"Elijah," she said again, her eyes stern and her voice matching, "This was a huge mistake, and I don't... want anyone knowing, I mean it. Forget it happened."

"Let's get one thing straight. I wouldn't tell anyone if it were to save the world. I don't want anyone knowing I slept with a measly assistant. Now, where do you live so I can drop you off." He grumbled angrily running his fingers through how messy hair. Damn did he look good in the morning. His face seemed softer from sleep, yet he still had an edge to him thanks to those gorgeous tattoos on his face. He didn't wear his tie and the top of his shirt was unbuttoned. So it gave him a disheveled look, but he wore the look good.

Driving home through the winters snow, he dropped her off at her apartment. He didn't bother waiting to see if she got into the building as he sped off. Orian was in the apartment and had been calling her nonstop all night and all morning, worried sick. The moment she came in did he smother her in a hug. Orian had his regular raggedy gray sweatpants, and large black shirt on that he wore to bed. His bright orange brownish hair was all messy. Worry was married to his freckled face, as his vibrant green eyes checked her body to see if she was hurt. However his eyes caught sight of the markings on her neck. Instant he thought she was assaulted. Brielle was never one to just sleep with any old guy. She had to be in a relationship with them. And he knew his best friend wasn't in a relationship. "O-Oh....O-Oh no, Brie...." He whimpered before he easily turned angry. "I'll kill whoever did this to you! Let's go to the police and report this right now!" Growled Orian as he grabbed her wrist tugging her.