The Dark Brotherhood (The Elder Scrolls Series)

"Yes but his arrogance is because he is a talented assassin and I have yet to meet a man who wasn't arrogant about his line of work. Also he is a full fledged Dunmer and a member of the House Telvanni." Her words basically dripped with acid and a bit of resentment because she always wanted to practice magic but the Telvanni wizards refused, or shunned her, for being a half blood. She swears that most of the Dunmer in Morrowind are just as bad as the High Elves.

Still looking ahead she scowled, her fingers rubbing a pendant that hung from a bracelet that her father gave her that bore the Imperial dragon, it always gave her comfort for it made it feel like her father was still there.

"foolish to deny someone for that because what if they become a talented killer and decide they don't wish for you to draw breathe?" he saw the pendant slightly and said "so your other half is imperial? Not a bad half, as for the one back there I do not doubt his talent but a mans glory and arrogance is his doom."

"Yes my father is... was a great man." She felt tears welling up but she was quick to blink and shrug it off. There were more important things to deal with in present, no time to deal with what has already happened.

Abraxas' comment about Divayth's arrogance made her laugh softly. "An interesting observation, I can see why Lachance picked you." She then thought how she has never seen a Nord in the Dark Brotherhood, a small change to some, but to her it was refreshing.

Bellian silently walk behind them. Want to see more of the place she will be calling home. She saw the bed and chose the one on the far left. She did not want a horse to use her as it bathroom. She take off her bow and arrows off of her back, and put them next to the bed. She look at her bow to see if it was still in good condition. Bowstring look it need to be replace. She open a pouch on her's side and grab a new one and begin to restring her's bow.

If the ill-nicknamed dunmer was anything it was thorough in his duties in aiding to maintain this hidden sanctuary, though namely through many skeletal servants, far less armed and armored than the guardians they still held crucial roles. Either cleaning the sanctuary, preparing (mediocre) meals, and gathering things for new arrivals whenever the need arises. It's also a grand way for him to keep in on the secrets and rumors that always float around groups of people.

In any case the skeleton followed dutifully behind the pair, carrying fresh linens for the bed as well as some basic essentials for any new recruit, namely; black dye (for leather wearers), dark armor polish (for the plate players), as well as a key to the Sanctuary's main door (new recruits don't get a back door key quite yet), and whetstones for anyone with a blade and a few low grade soul gems pre-filled to replenish any lost charges on enchanted items.

The dark elf sat in his quarters in quiet contemplation, lit by a few globes that cast the room in a dull red for ease on his eyes, carefully watching a small glass plate held in what seems to be a picture frame on a desk made of a dark stone that smelled of sulfur. Through the glass he watched each of his servants in their duties, through this particular one he watched Gabriella tend to the fresh Murderers.

f95617c77c87604a4bfcfc0aa70bb9d1.jpg

Muup had been concealed for about an hour now, using his healing magics to fix broken bones and mend his torn skin, healing slowly was an incredibly painful process, but it was the only way to keep from the light shining so brightly around him that it would give him away. Finally he felt his nose cartilage reset, and with that he ceased his healing spell. Rising slowly out of the hay from the ledge he peered out over the imperial city, which was still in the midst of the celebration, but he could tell the guards had found the Captain's body by now, as they were frantically searching the city.

He knew what they were looking for too, for Muup had left the perfect sigil that would send a message through all of the imperial city, one that would speak records for the Dark Brotherhood, and that no target is unreachable. When he placed his hand upon the captain's face, he had embellished his hand with black ink, leaving the Dark Brotherhood's symbol, right on the captain's face. Muup knew Sithis would sing songs of his victory, if only he were able to return from this, alive.

Luckily, in this instance he had planned ahead as well, but he lacked the mana reserves at this point to be able to cast such a spell, A Teleportation ritual would take him where he needed to go, but, he had spent much more mana here than he had anticipated. So for now, it would take a bit of cleverness, and agility. Leaping down from the ledge onto the roof of an imperial building He took in a deep breath and took off, sprinting across the rooftop, he leaped from one to the other, knowing full well that if he could reach full speed, he 'might' just be able to make it over the imperial walls, if he could do that. He would be home free.

As he was sprinting an arrow flew past and nearly cut through the fabric on his robes, He looked down to see Imperial Sentries riding on horses, all armed to the teeth with bows and arrows. Leaping forward he rolled along the roof and felt a few of the arrows fly by, narrowly dodging them, he leaped over to the next roof, then turned quickly, and threw them off temporarily. He had to get to the wall, he prepped up a spell in his right hand and flipped upside down when jumping from one to the other and launched a large black and purple ball at the ground with both hands. Making the spell more powerful, as it contacted the ground, and Muup landed along the next rooftop, the ground exploded with an infestation of Skeletons that poured out from the hole in the ground. Hoping to slow them, Muup continued.

Finally reaching the wall, it was a bit taller than he had anticipated, but this was his only option, as he ran as hard as he could he leaped from the rooftop, all the way over to the wall, but didn't quite make it, catching himself with one hand he rolled back and forth trying to hold on. He heard the sounds of hooves and soldiers, and he let out a sigh. And as they let arrows fly, he pushed himself up right with his feet, the arrows landing solidly around him, he used the momentum from pushing himself to walk up the arrows and flip himself over the wall.

Smirking at his success, he landed in the lake that surrounded the Imperil City, and pulled himself along the shore, once he had washed down the river a ways. Laying there, he looked up at the stars, Then he rumbled a soft laugh, This is why he loved the Brotherhood, This was what he was good at.

abraxas picked the noisy bed and smiled "ill take it. You are kind offering me and this fellow stranger a home." he stood and walked to her "I am at your service, if you need anything from me. The same goes to you bellian." he nodded to the other person in the room.

She looked up at him as she is 5"6 and he looking to be about 6"1 to 6"2. She got a kind of magnetic pull to Abraxas, of course this was just a product of someone who actually listened to her like a person instead of just seeing as a half breed. But she made her face display nothing, pushing down all the expressions her body tried to urge.

"Thank you, Abraxas." She spoke with genteel tones gracious for the fact that the new recruits were actually people. Sithis be praised. Rang throughout her head.

his face remained stoic as it always was and he nodded. "now if I may get settled in?" he took off his sword and cloth mask then set his shield down softly. So many thoughts were running through his head that he had to actually try to be focused.

The skeleton continued to stand there, awkwardly, carrying the linens and basic supplies. After some time of standing there in silence, an unseen command caused it to drop the sheets, blankets, and supplies onto the bed beside the now sitting nord. With a step back it stood awaiting any further instructions for a brief time, soon stepping back to grab a nearby broom and knock down some cobwebs.

Either way the dunmer that issued the voiceless command leaned back on the polished stone ball he claimed was a stupendous chair, checking on the other minions, nothing of note to report.

"Oh and here are the keys to the chest at the end of each your beds." She holds Abraxas' key in her right and Bellian's in her left. "Each chest contains a new set of Dark Brotherhood armor, a dagger and set of twently-four iron arrows and a bow." She looks back at the left side of the room, the dining area, surveying the food that was still on the table.

"There are some meat pies left and fresh venison along with two barrels of mead and wine. If you need anything in particular I would be happy to assist, for it is my job to make sure the assassins are well taken care of among other things."

Abraxas takes the key and nods as he picks up the sheets and begins to make his bed. Once he is finished he opens the chest and examines the armor but doesn't know if he desires to wear it like the others. He grabbed the dagger and hooked it onto his belt and began to take his armor off.

Gabriella slides the key on Bellian's bed and proceeds to walk out not being needed anymore she also need to consult her contracts and start assigning the newest Dark brethren to there first targets. As she walked into the hallway her mind started to wander.

I wonder when I am going to get word from the Listener or a visit from Lachance for that matter. As she thought she absentmindedly rubbed the charm.

abraxas sat in the middle of the room meditating and suddenly heard that it had started raining because of the dripping so he smiled "the elf doesn't lie" he murmured and got up putting his regular black clothes on and mask to go take a walk in the rain.

She smiled hearing the sudden downpour as she entered her room. One the best sounds in the world and one of the most relaxing. She left her door open, she didn't like the feeling of being closed off also the sound of the other occupants made the place feel more cheery, as much as place for assassins could feel.

As she walked to her desk her mouth drew into a frown, all her work was finished because she only had two contracts left. This was bad because she now had nothing to do. With a glimmer of hope she looked toward her book shelf and as quick as it came the glimmer faded, she has already read as the books about a dozen times, reliving each world was amazing but it was tiring after awhile. She groaned softly in defeat and sat down ready for a night of boredom.

was wandering when he found gabriels room. "another thrilling night in the life as an assassin?"

"Yeah, exhilarating forgive me if I am gushing." She rolls her eyes flipping aimlessly through a book.

"ill try to survive the sarcasm on that one." shaking his head he said to her "if you are not to busy with making remarks I am going for a stroll if you'd care to join?"

"Well Abraxas, snide remarks are my specialty." Chuckling as she got up, walking towards him. "As for your invitation, I would be more than happy to have a stroll with you."

he offers his hand to her. "I never did say what a pleasure it was to meet you"