The Dark Brotherhood (The Elder Scrolls Series)

2800485.jpg
The young dunmer had always made it a point to return quickly after his task was complete. But the urgency if this one was a little too quick even for the usually laid back mer.

A quick flash and a small rush of air in the corner of the sanctuary heralded the elf's return. His clothes singed, smoldering, and quickly removed down to his trousers left him smelling of ozone and burnt flesh. It made his nose curl as he ran a palm over his head, hair still mostly intact, for which he was ever grateful.

At the sight if newcomers the dunmer stepped forward with a clap of his palms and a jovial tone to his voice.
"Wealth beyond measure, n'wah!" His cheerful tone betraying the Vvardenfell slur.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Bellian look puzzled by his action. The Dunmer she trade with were very serious type. " Hello "

The elf brushed burnt hair from his chest and returned to scowling, his ashen skin covered in patches of white ash from the magical mishap. The sudden return greeting made his grin return, another clap of his hands caused dust to come from his palms.

"Welcome home." He added as an after thought, red eyes drifting over the others present, the big nord getting a smirk and chuckle to match the shake of his head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gabriella eyes leave the Nord and glance over to her ash covered Brother and this causes a smile to form amongst her lips. "Welcome back, I trust you had an interesting return. You seem rather jovial with our new apprentices." The last sentence she belted a hearty chuckle partly from the on coming of new recruits and for his use of N'wah.

Gabriella then looks behind her seeing the Brotherhood's armored, skeletal guardian come trudging into the entryway. As his eyeless sockets move toward the group he grunts a bit in confusion but he just shrugs it off and takes his post in the area.

The disgruntled dunmer feigned a look of warm affection as he smiled and opened his arms at his sisters words. Though abruptly he shot a finger at the area in the room where he'd appeared, a silhouette of his clothed figure where the walls were blackened slightly. "Eventful." He chided back in an all too sarcastic and snide tone, though letting slip a sigh afterwards and appearing drained from the ordeal.

"Yes well we can't all be humdrum and dark in this place. Begins to wear on the nerves when the Sanctuary has less living appeal than the catacombs!"

Gabriella places a hand on her chest as she let out another full bodied laugh, reeling her head back a bit. When she finishes her cachinnation, she looks straightforward to her fellow brother, speaking in mirthful tones.

"You better not say that in Lachance's presence or you'll get a mouthful of poison apples!"

Then there is a squeak as the other guardian, a skeever, pads about her and her fellow Dunmer brethren, casting a curious glance towards the unfamiliars every now and then.

"Maybe if Lachance spent more time finding us contracts and getting info we wouldn't have ogres killing guards with a noose in the middle of the streets!" He snapped, giving the skeever a look that could chill a sload's blood before settling back down, arms crossed to his bare chest.

"We're out if apples anyway, out of season and paying to bring them here is costly. Not to mention that poison isn't cheap to produce, or get in the apples. Besides, I dislike apples. " he quipped with a quick nod of his head to affirm the matter.

"Well Lachance has been slacking a bit lately but you have to agree on one fact he did send us three new recruits. And I can't particularly blame him, finding a well-founded cutthroat that is willing to follow the ways of our Dread Father and our dear Night Mother. We are more of a family than the Thieve's Guild." She spoke the last part with a bit of acid on her tongue for it was that guild in particular gave her her first kill that got her into her beloved Brotherhood. The memory of that man's blood still rests on my fingertips she thought with a morbid fascination.

"He's still got his touch I suppose." He responded with a lazy shrug, head listing to the left to match.

The mer had just finished shrugging when a quiet rattling came behind him and a bony finger reached to tap the side of his arm.

"What is it no---oh." He paused as the diminutive skeleton collapsed into a pile of dislocated bones, still holding a fresh set of fine clothes for the elf. "I'll give you speech one day. That rattling is unnerving." He added as the boney butler reassembled itself by magical means and bobbed its head before rattling off to its owners quarters.

"Don't go spitting in the punch bowl. I've a meeting with that Gray Flocks fellow about a troublesome drunkard in their ranks. Let's keep our relationship with them civil."

Abraxas smiles and chuckles slightly at the shot made at him listening to the two converse with his arms crossed.

"Oh, yes before I forget there are fresh meat pies and bread in the dining section of the living quarters. Please replenish yourself Brother, there is always more killing to do." She speaks with a grim smile on her face. Her gaze then drew over to the Nord clad in armor.

"Now I trust you have questions of me and why Lachance lead you to our humble abode." Her grin faded but not into a deathly serious grimace but more of a business like persona. Her crystal blue eyes locking on him once more.

"Hopefully more appetizing than the last order.. If you went over budget too were going to have issues, half-blood." He retorted as he buttoned his shirt to the top and spun to stare at his skeletal servant.

"Dinner." He stated bluntly, standing to watch the new recruits and await his dinner from his reanimated reagent.

Fa'Cahis examined the map closely as Gabriella explained his misson to her. When she went to go greet the other members, he took the map and set it out flat on the table. While he was plotting out his course, he heard other people come in through the door. Fa'Cahis hoped he wouldn't have to work with others on future contrats. He was a Khajiit who prefered to do things alone.

"A Breton, hmm" he purred, stroking his chin. He absentmindedly held the new key Gabriella had given her in his hands. "Should be an easy kill." He went over to the secret entrance he was directed to, examining it before he went outside.

Reaches under one of his plates and pulls out a cloth mask putting it on saying in almost a whisper. "More of just why bring me here?" Looks at the arrogant elf. "I don't think I would do much good for you too"

Gabriella glares back to her fellow assassin, growling slightly. "I know we are all family here, but I hate to remind you that I am your speaker my dear Brother." The last word she added more spite for in fact she was rather proud of her heritage and tired of other full blooded Dunmers shunning her because her lines didn't come directly from Vvardenfell.

After a moment she turned back to the Nord, her eyes losing a bit of their malice, enough to seem comforting. "Sithis is always in need of children and Lucien is a only employs excellence."

"I am the nights child miss?" Opens his palm towards her.

Her eyes widen in surprise from the gesture as she reluctantly places her dainty hand in his big one, that one can tell has been through hard work and close calls. "Yes, you have been a child of Sithis since your birth, we all have. I know you will serve him well." Her eyes try to read his face, her face musing, trying to figure out this Nord.

The elf grinned smugly, knowing how to rile people up was always a gift of his. A glance at his side and he plucked a small sandwich the skeletal minion had packed onto a plate with bits of local fruits and vegetables.

"Don't be so quick to anger over the a simple observed detail. You know what they say about an angry assassin..." He trailed off, stuffing his mouth quickly with a local favorite, stuffed carrot.

All the while observing the little exchange between fresh blood and speaker. Acting with little care, but as was the custom, looks are as good as lies.

Bellian was taking back by what was going. They were not just some group of cold blood killer but a family. She felt like she found a place were she belong to. She finally spoke up ask " What are yours names?"

Gabrielle's eyes slowly look over to the Altmer her gaze softening as she slid her hand from the Nord motioned it to herself. "I am Gabriella Galel, almost like your mother away from the night mother. What is your name newfound child of Sithis?"