The Dark Brotherhood (The Elder Scrolls Series)

The dunmer clapped his hands together with a smile and wide open arms........

f95617c77c87604a4bfcfc0aa70bb9d1.jpg

Muup's face lit up when he saw his brother, and especially the mention of fresh clothes, he didn't realize just how badly that last contract had torn him up, putting on a wry smile he nodded to the elf and dismissed himself from the small group of his newfound brothers and sisters, and walked towards his room. Only now was he starting to feel the damage his body had taken, the healing spells provided the mask he needed to get himself home, but now he felt like he had been hit by a wagon.

As he entered his chambers he found the new set of robes on his bed, and he sighed in relief, it was raining on the surface now, which made things even better, he could even bathe! walking over to a rounded off corner in his room he dropped his robes onto a basket next to a linin cloth that covered the entrance to what could be a sunken rain collecter, Muup had found it perfect for bathing, as the drain below led to the sewer, and above him was a runoff point he had dug in secret to run rainwater down from the surface to hit the grate above, making a cool indoor rain effect.

Sitting against the wall, he felt the cool rainwater landing on him, wetting his fur and cleaning still matted in blood from the encounter before. Taking a mixture of herbs he started tending to the wounds that were only clotted by magic, crossing his legs, he padded the wounds with a cloth he had sitting in his makeshift wash, trying to clean the blood and dirt from his fur.

"As said before my name is Divayth, and please, I take offense from no man or mer. One would live far longer and have a far happier life if the world had a better sense of humor." The elf chimed in his ever pleasant tone with his hands tucked into the pockets of his breeches, as always flanked by his skeletal servants who were each carrying crates of goods being moved from one storage to another due to the ever constant rainfall.

"All's well that if you're here for reputation you've chosen poorly. Our names are never marked down and the only records we keep are of our contracts, not who completes them I'm afraid. Do as Sithis asks of you and you will go far in any case." His voice had dropped to near monotone, as though quoting a book or a passage. "By Azura you folks will drive me to an early grave.."

A distant sound drew his attention, causing him to shout. "Moop, if you don't clean out the catch of your seasonal sheddings I'll have you shaved!"

"so it would seem I have much to learn and experience with this family, will make for an interesting history I'm sure." he said this as he walked away to his bed to meditate for a a short while.

Nonan listened carefully as he spoke, eyes examining the room before her as she slowly walked in. Her eyes soon fell upon a skeletal creature and jumped, but it didn't seem deadly or out for blood. Which was strange, different then any other Skelton she's seen.
"The dark brotherhood..." She mumbled to herself as she stared at the skeleton.
She'd heard stories of these killers, but she never actually imagined being part of these fabled assassins.
"I'm Nonan," She began as her eyes fell on the man in the other room.", elf of the Colovian Highlands. It's a pleasure to meet you and to be a part if this...unique family."

"well met sister." abraxas re entered the room walking with some water taking small drinks, he stopped a couple of arms length from nonan appearing to relax but only to fool her since he did not know if she was really a new member. "my name is abraxas, my origin is not important all that matters is I am good at what I do."

"More siblings! Oh how the dysfunctional grow so quickly!" Exclaimed the excited dunmer as he stepped through what was for all intents and purposes was a solid stone wall that lead into a nearby canal. "No-Man was it? Welcome!" He even chimed with a smile and a quick comb of his fingers through his cropped hair.

"Please, don't let this grim, dark, and oh so mysterious man intimidate you! He's far from the least friendly of us here." Divayth mused with a flourish of his hands as he sashayed over in a manner that'd make a drunken altmer blush, even going so far as to lean on Abraxas' shoulder with a hand extended. His ever present skeleton handed him a small bone handle with some coarse hairs on the end which he quickly tucked into the nord's collar. "Dental hygiene." He added with a face that spoke volumes of what a nord's breath was oft like as clapped his hands together before flinging his arms open.

"Welcome home--- Oh swit, I said that already, Sithis save me all these uncultured murderers are rubbing off on me!"

Gabriella hears the commotion in the entryway as she is pursuing her studies of the other lands in Tamriel. Divayth's jovial and sarcastic tones made her get up instantly. As she made sure all her paperwork was in order she also counted another voice, with feminine tones.

"Sithis be praised!" She blurted out, but she didn't pay a care. The family was growing more and more each day. She snuffed out the candle and hurried over to the commotion, her firmament eyes sparkling and a big smile spreading across her face.

shaking his head and smiling at the antics of divayth. "no shame with this one most entertaining." the elf trying to put down the nord was entertaining to say the least. Once he noticed Gabriel running up "ah the greeting party is now complete and the integration into this family may start."

She gave a glance and nod to Abraxas, still all smiles as she went to the new recruit, her hands out in welcome.

"Welcome dear Child of Sithis, I am your speaker Gabriella Galel and trust your journey was not a long, arduous one." As she looked upon her eyes studied her subtly determining what her strengths are as an assassin.

abraxas silently adjourned to his area once more feeling his temper was rising he needed to meditate again.

Muup finally had finished his cleaning and dried himself with a cloth towel, that he set in the same basket as his old robes. His ears perked up as he heard Divayth's words, it made him smirk, it was nice having such people within these dark and empty walls, it brought a bit of life to the place. Those that followed Sithis and its teaching often forgot that they are men and women at base desire. It wasn't wrong to act any certain way, Sithis represented balance, those willing carry out the Dread Father's will were not offered any such 'Grand Beyond' or hopes of any false kingdom. This is what made the Dark Brotherhood's bond so strong, that they were here to nurture a gift, given to certain few my the Dread Mother herself, the gift of Death, and the gift of Balance.

As he slipped into his new robes, and slid on gloves and shoes, tying up his belts and adjusting this and that, he gave a final stretch before stepping back out into the main lobby where the others were carrying on a rather broken conversation with one another. As his eyes peered around the room, he took note of the new brothers and sisters that were within the walls, and was happy to see that the prior members had returned safely. Walking over to the center of the room, he took a medium sized scroll from his belt and held it in his hand.

"As my time with you all here, must remain short, I will simply say to those who have come before us on this night, Welcome, The Dark Brotherhood is a family, where we feed from the Night Mother's words, they that give us the swiftness of the night, I have brought with me her words of wisdom, and the souls that have been called upon to be judged by our Dread Father. I say to you my brothers and sisters, steel your hearts and your resolve, for soon, your Lady speaker shall give to you, your first tasks as brothers and sisters within these walls."

As he finished speaking he held out in front of him the scroll, his heavy gaze moving now to Gabriella, the speaker within this chapter of the Dark Brotherhood. He knew she would be excited to have new contracts, especially with all the new faces around here. He waited patiently for her to come and retrieve the scroll from him.

Her eyes shone even brighter as she looked toward Muup, walking briskly toward him her smile unfading, she gingerly placed her hands on the scroll. In truth she had been quite somber lately, for the job of a speaker is quite useless if one doesn't have enough Brothers and Sisters to carry out contracts. Now not one can kill her mood.

"Thank you Brother." As she took the scroll it felt warm in her hand as if the souls were pleading to go on their journey to the Void. "Do you need anything else before you head on your journey? I would be happy to pack a back a satchel for you dear Listener."

Her eyes shone even brighter as she looked toward Muup, walking briskly toward him............

Smiling at her willingness to help him he took her hand in his and shook his head lightly, "The Night Mother provides me every provision I could ever need, Dear Sister." Muup replied as he released her hand and walked towards the secret entrance near the well, and with a turn of the key, the rope hanging down pulled him upward and out to the surface.

As he arrived back onto the surface he pulled his hood up over his ears and head, protecting himself from the rain that cascaded down from the sky. He continued walking through Bravil, now around time for the shops to re-open and start buisness again, though the sky was still dark and cloudy due to the rainstorm that was brewing overhead. As he arrived at his new destination, castle here in Bravil he walked inside and removed the outer layer of his robes, giving them to a woman who took them quickly and was soon off to most likely see them dried and put away. With the outermost part of his robes off, he looked as though a normal member of a royal society, this was a required look as his daily life consisted of being the Count's advisor.

As he walked up the long staircase he took his place next to the Count's throne and crossed his palms together in front of him, not shortly after the count made his way into the room and sat upon the throne, greeting Muup in his usual manner, Muup took a scroll handed to him by a servant and started to read today's tasks.

Gabriella looks over the list with excitement and relief all bubbling up inside her as she counts all the names, twenty-six in total. More then enough to last through the entire week. With a good number of contracts in the Imperial City, Cheydinhal, Bruma, and Skingrad the void would have plenty of souls to feast upon. Gabriella looked up eagerly at her assassins, ready to assign their contracts.

Fa'Cahis had made it safely back to the house, successfully completeing his first contract. The guards or anyone close to the old woman he had assassinated would be none the wiser. It was enthralling. He couldn't wait to take on another mission.

He lifted the lid to the well behind the abandoned house and opened the hatch after unlocking it. He glanced around before he entered, making sure no one had seen him arrive. Not a single person bothered to look over to him. He slid down the ladder and landed on the ground with a light thud, his tail excitedly swishing back and forth behind him.

He noticed all sorts of new voices and sounds he hadn't heard when he first arrived. This was good. It expelled any last doubts he had about this organization, now fully believing it to be legitimate. He looked around for the familiar hooded face who assigned the contract to him. He sauntered over to Gabriella, "Greetings, I'm back, and the Breton woman is dead." He held up a gold necklace he had found on the woman after he killed her, a token of his first blood as well as proof he had actually done the deed. The piece of jewellry wouldn't mean much to the woman anymore, given she was dead and all. He held it up with his finger, the charm at the bottom rotated with ease, the gold chain glinting as it shifted around. He looked back up at Gabriella, bunching the chain up and sticking it in his back pocket. "So, you, eh, wouldn't happen to have a reward or anything, hmm?"

"Oh yes of course, of course!" She said with gleeful tones placing 250 septims in his other hand as her smile, if possible, spread even wider. "And there is more where that came from my dear Brother. Also you can keep whatever you loot from the assassinated, the dead have no possessions." She gazed at the pendant and found it funny that a homeless Breton would carry gold, it was more of an inside joke she had shared with her father. But more or less this assassin proved very worthy of being a child of Sithis.

She took out a small book and made a quick note, then put it back on her satchel that always hung on her hip. "Now feel free to converse with the new recruits or replenish your needs. I want each and every contract this successful."

Fa'Cahis thanked Gabriella as she handed him the reward. His stomach growled, signalling that he should eat something.

He strolled over to a vacant chair and plopped down on it with a sigh, reaching up and stratching behind his ears with a free hand. He used his other hand to reach out and grab a cup that was sitting by itself on the table. It had a weight to it, it must have been full. He brought the cup to his face and sniffed it, his face scrunching up as he tried to figure out what the liquid was. It smelled like mead, and he could definitely use a cup right now. He took a small sip at first, then leaned back and drained the entire cup in one gulp. Refreshing. A good cup of ale almost beated any monetary reward he could recieve.

He set the cup down and began munching on the food left out on the table. His eyes eagerly darted back and forth, growing more curious about the newcomers.

The elf looked back and forth from each person as they spoke. As much as she'd hate to interrupt, she did have questions...

Gabriella's gazes goes toward the newcomer, she rolled up her scroll tucking it in the pocket of her satchel. Her icy stare examined the Altmer for a moment, wondering what a High Elf could expect from the Dark Brotherhood. And also what she knew of High Elves is that they claimed to be the best of the Elven races, Altmer are even known to hate members of their own race. But she was not one to judge a book by it's cover, so to speak.

She flashed a welcoming smile while her mind was amidst thought "Well Dark Sister, you look like you have questions and I am more than capable to answer."

At some point in the conversations and greetings Divayth had simply vanished, even his skeletal entourage had stopped where he was last seen. A distant thump in the kitchen or the slamming of a room's door may have signified his presence, or someone else, who knows.

"Dark Sister? She's one of the lightest one's here!" His voice chimed out, sounding more like an echo than a distinct source.